Tattooey

Illfonics Negligence

125 posts in this topic

Here I’m going to simply illustrate the major difference between two companies to show you how bad we are getting the short end of the stick.

Dead by Daylight is a very simplistic game but however there are several aspects about the game that over shadow F13.

For starters to name a few

1. You cannot see the killer’s gamertag until the game ends (so people don’t recognize a player)

2. You can repeatedly play as the killer (be the killer every single game)

3. The killer is awarded with XP for rage quitting survivors (more XP for a rage quit then a kill)

4. Killers actually have their own unique powers & upgrades (each killer has his own gameplay style)

5. Killer’s & Survivors have their own ranking system, perks, & consumables (acquiring rare perks is simple)

6. You are free to leave the game as soon as you die or escape (you don’t have spectate)

7. Servers are far more stable (you never crash or dashboard)

8. There are several maps to play (New maps added monthly)

9. Several unique killers to choose (no two killers are alike)

10. New killers released monthly (3 horror movie icons released in 2 to 3 month period)

11. Patches take days to weeks to release & fix (very quick & no painful wait)

12. DLC actually stays relevant to the games atmosphere & immersion (content actual adds replay value & longevity)

13. New patches & content is given a date (ETA is given)

This is a small sample of the superiority of DBD compared to F13.

—————————————————————————

Now Friday the 13th

1. You see the killer’s name (in fact random killer is broken since launch)

2. The game will rarely pick you as killer (it may pick you every other game or never)

3. No XP or points given to players who leave mid kill or at any time during the game (devs have yet to make any statement on a simple fix)

4. All the Jasons are different reskins (just different weapons & strengths/weaknesses)

5. Ranking system is complete garbage (new Jasons & different colors for same clothing & getting rare perks is nearly impossible)

6. Your stuck spectating the entire game (you sacrifice all your XP if you leave while spectating)

7. Stability issues get fixed only to come back (crashing, lagging, imbalances)

8. Only 3 maps (took 5 months for 1 new poorly designed map to release which basically is nothing more then recycled cabins, trees, & textures)

9. Quite a few Jasons to choose (all are currently imbalanced & don’t add different playstyle either)

10. 1 new Jason released in 5 months (garbage stats & competing with part 7 for worse Jason)

11. Patches are delayed a month or two (patches break more then they fix & another month needs to be spent to fix one simple problem but introduce 5 more issues)

12. DLC adds no replay value or longevity (instead caters to twitch streamers & youtubers)

13. No date or estimate is given (instead “Soon” & then random release with no prior warning)

Why are these issues not addressed properly?

12 people like this

The main difference for me between the two will always be that Survivors can make the killers look like a joke.

Now granted with the last F13 update people are less afraid of Jason and can literally run circles around him, but that wasnt always the case. To me F13 always seemed to be the one asymmetrical multiplayer game that made the individual feel powerful instead of trying to work on "balance" since "you play more as the team". Ive tried many horror games that take the asymmetrical route as well as Evolve and DbD and so on but this was the game that stood out as having it feel right.

The other problem with DbD IMHO is the fact that theres only 1 way to win/type of objective and there not variety in Killers killing people (Excluding Moris because theyre add-ons)

Also the 3 horror icons werent release in a month. The period between The Shape aka Myers, and Leatherface was much longer than that. You seem to come off a lil too bias but we all have our own bias.

5 people like this

Well, i enjoy this game, i paid £23 for a brand new sealed copy and for me its been worth every penny, i really mean that and i can't agree about not getting picked as jason. It happens for me a lot.

11 minutes ago, ThePunkPirate said:

The main difference for me between the two will always be that Survivors can make the killers look like a joke.

Now granted with the last F13 update people are less afraid of Jason and can literally run circles around him, but that wasnt always the case. To me F13 always seemed to be the one asymmetrical multiplayer game that made the individual feel powerful instead of trying to work on "balance" since "you play more as the team". Ive tried many horror games that take the asymmetrical route as well as Evolve and DbD and so on but this was the game that stood out as having it feel right.

The other problem with DbD IMHO is the fact that theres only 1 way to win/type of objective and there not variety in Killers killing people (Excluding Moris because theyre add-ons)

Also the 3 horror icons werent release in a month. The period between The Shape aka Myers, and Leatherface was much longer than that. You seem to come off a lil too bias but we all have our own bias.

You don’t have to be a video game journalist to see the direction this game is headed in. The problems in this game are laughable. How is it that random Jason is still broken? Why is this company more eager to constantly release new useless clothing & useless content then to fix the very core problems that still exist. It’s baffling.

Im not biased either. I have over 30 days logged into F13 or close to 30 where DBD I know I do not have even 2 days put in. I’ve never encountered a company that shows people content & just picks a random day to release it without anyone being aware. Then nit pick certain aspects to further imbalance the game. Sad thing is the forum is the place to set the record straight but instead all this thread will accomplish is a lock & potential ban.

@kohagan that’s how broken it is. That me & @DamonD7 can go almost 2 weeks or 80 games played without being picked as Jason. Where someone like @GhostWolfViking will be selected as Jason every other game non stop.

1 person likes this

I enjoy both games.  I wouldn't be playing them if they weren't fun.

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Tattooey said:

@kohagan that’s how broken it is. That me & @DamonD7 can go almost 2 weeks or 80 games played without being picked as Jason. Where someone like @GhostWolfViking will be selected as Jason every other game non stop.

Thats just how RNG works. The only way youre more likely to get Jason in a lobby that isnt private is to stay in the same lobby, however its not like its going to stick to a particular algorithm. Same principal as when you select random map. Sometime you end up getting Higgins small 3 times in a row, thats just how random works.

1. Don't see a problem there
2. If you can be Jason every match then the 85% of the players will go to Jason, good luck finding a match with counselours (at least pre grab patch)
3. You get xp mid kill but not when they leave mid play session
4/9. You don't play the same way as part 2 and part 9, you have the same abilities yeah but not the same playstyle, the playstyle is yours to choose
5. Totally agree
6. Not all but 500 exp for newbies is a lot so yeah
7. On PC i saw a improvement, geez i can even play small higgins now and that map was a lag map
8. Yeah, agreed that the wait is horrible but in DbD they don't come every month lol
10. Garbage for ones, OP to others, depends of your playstyle and if you think a little instead of rushing a group
11. Can't agree more geez
12. The Part 4 dlc was a good come back for the game but the cosmetics and kills don't add replay value yeah
13. Is a sh** yeah, but you get used to it, can't force them to say things
Bonus thingy: Don't know why you compare DbD, different games and different kind of game, as a killer is a chore to kill people in high ranks, there's no balance and if you don't raped by a prestige killer then you get raped by 4 pro survivors.

4 minutes ago, Tattooey said:

You don’t have to be a video game journalist to see the direction this game is headed in. The problems in this game are laughable. How is it that random Jason is still broken? Why is this company more eager to constantly release new useless clothing & useless content then to fix the very core problems that still exist. It’s baffling.

Im not biased either. I have over 30 days logged into F13 or close to 30 where DBD I know I do not have even 2 days put in. I’ve never encountered a company that shows people content & just picks a random day to release it without anyone being aware. Then nit pick certain aspects to further imbalance the game. Sad thing is the forum is the place to set the record straight but instead all this thread will accomplish is a lock & potential ban.

Well i can only comment on myself and i have no problem getting picked as jason. I can't comment on DBD, i like friday the 13th as a fan, i'm sure DBD is a fine game but i never like comparing games, its always subjective. I don't really care whether there's a big announcement when content gets released, pleasant surprise for when i log in :D 

23 minutes ago, Tattooey said:

Ironically, when I had my setting on preference to play "Jason," I was never selected to be him.

But when I switched my preference to "None," I started getting selected every few rounds.

Weird.

41 minutes ago, ThePunkPirate said:

I sure hope Gun/illfonic restores what made this game special.

Asymmetrical games are not supposed to be balanced. F13, before the grab nerf, is clear illustration of this.

As far as dev skill, I've been playing Dying Light recently (since the grab nerf). It's a fun game, but the monster is a little too weak in the early stages. The gameplay feels a little too close to balanced and this works against it. The jury is still out until I level up a bit more. I still can't believe that I never tried that mode before now...

I bring it up because it is a well made game. Imagine if F13 were as polished as DL. I bet Techland wouldn't have caved and nerfed Jason's grab either, as playtesting would've demonstrated the damaging effects it would've had on the game's theme and tension.

1 person likes this

21 minutes ago, Caulus said:

I sure hope Gun/illfonic restores what made this game special.

Asymmetrical games are not supposed to be balanced. F13, before the grab nerf, is clear illustration of this.

As far as dev skill, I've been playing Dying Light recently (since the grab nerf). It's a fun game, but the monster is a little too weak in the early stages. The gameplay feels a little too close to balanced and this works against it. The jury is still out until I level up a bit more. I still can't believe that I never tried that mode before now...

I bring it up because it is a well made game. Imagine if F13 were as polished as DL. I bet Techland wouldn't have caved and nerfed Jason's grab either, as playtesting would've demonstrated the damaging effects it would've had on the game's theme and tension.

Yea I was dabbling in White Noise 2 since it was $10 and its pretty basic but the monsters feel powerful. It seems like a middle ground between F13 and DbD but its an indie game and feels a little clunky but it has that spooky factor to it. Just wish there were more than 50 people on at a time lol

I'm just hoping for a Dying Light sequel that cleans up everything, includes a badass zombie, and uses RE6's enemy player style. Image a smooth transition to Be the Zombie mode from regular play or being able to use normal zombies as well as boss zombies....

(Edit: they should also have a dedicated multiplayer mode :D)

I think more games should incorporate RE6's (optional) multiplayer mechanics. They were ahead of their time, imo.

I think Gun/illfonic should hire consulting services from Techland. I think it would be helpful.

Anyone who has played more than a few games knows the whole random thing is bullshit. More often than not, when a new person enters the lobby at the loading screen, they are chosen as Jason.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, ThePunkPirate said:

Thats just how RNG works. The only way youre more likely to get Jason in a lobby that isnt private is to stay in the same lobby, however its not like its going to stick to a particular algorithm. Same principal as when you select random map. Sometime you end up getting Higgins small 3 times in a row, thats just how random works.

Not true about your chances of Jason increasing if you stay in the same lobby. I've hosted lobbies for several hours before and not been picked as Jason, as every new player that came into the lobby would be chosen instead. But the other day I was selected to be Jason multiple times in a row, and that was in different lobbies. I almost feel like if you stay in the same lobby too long, you get kicked out of the roll entirely.

I'm honestly not sure how it all works, but the RNG in this game is bad and something I really dislike about it. It's far too dependant on RNG in general, and not for any good reason I can see, just lazy design. A slot machine instead of a true progression system, for instance, or a bad distribution of items on a map which can result in an entire area containing almost nothing, or a bad spawn either at an objective or middle of nowhere, both of which could determine how the rest of the match goes for a player. Having such a dependency on RNG actually works against providing a consistently enjoyable experience.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Tattooey said:

Here I’m going to simply illustrate the major difference between two companies to show you how bad we are getting the short end of the stick.

Dead by Daylight is a very simplistic game but however there are several aspects about the game that over shadow F13.

1. You cannot see the killer’s gamertag until the game ends (so people don’t recognize a player)

3. The killer is awarded with XP for rage quitting survivors (more XP for a rage quit then a kill)

4. Killers actually have their own unique powers & upgrades (each killer has his own gameplay style)

5. Killer’s & Survivors have their own ranking system, perks, & consumables (acquiring rare perks is simple)

6. You are free to leave the game as soon as you die or escape (you don’t have spectate)

10. New killers released monthly (3 horror movie icons released in 2 to 3 month period)

12. DLC actually stays relevant to the games atmosphere & immersion (content actual adds replay value & longevity)

Now Friday the 13th

2. The game will rarely pick you as killer (it may pick you every other game or never)

3. No XP or points given to players who leave mid kill or at any time during the game (devs have yet to make any statement on a simple fix)

4. All the Jasons are different reskins (just different weapons & strengths/weaknesses)

5. Ranking system is complete garbage (new Jasons & different colors for same clothing & getting rare perks is nearly impossible)

6. Your stuck spectating the entire game (you sacrifice all your XP if you leave while spectating)

8. Only 3 maps (took 5 months for 1 new poorly designed map to release which basically is nothing more then recycled cabins, trees, & textures)

9. Quite a few Jasons to choose (all are currently imbalanced & don’t add different playstyle either)

10. 1 new Jason released in 5 months (garbage stats & competing with part 7 for worse Jason)

11. Patches are delayed a month or two (patches break more then they fix & another month needs to be spent to fix one simple problem but introduce 5 more issues)

12. DLC adds no replay value or longevity (instead caters to twitch streamers & youtubers)

13. No date or estimate is given (instead “Soon” & then random release with no prior warning)

DbD

1. You can see the killer on PC through checking recently met players or using a mod that lets you blacklist people. I'm sure you can check recently met on xbox and ps4 and figure out who the killer is.

2. Not many people like to play the killer at high ranks and that seems to be a running trend on F13.

3.Xp is pretty much irrelevant in DbD now because of the cube system.

4.Each killer has one special ability and usually still has to hit melee hit just like all the others.

5. I don't understand this point. No perk is unique to anyone killer or survivor forever.

6, Ok?

7.Nah they are pretty bad.

8.The maps only change layouts while the objective is always the same.

9.Multiple killers share a special ability that lets them down in one hit.

10. Only leatherface and freddy were released close together.

11. Have they fixed people losing all progress yet?

12.Yeah last time I checked all these horror movie icons worked for an entity that wasn't invented until 30 years later and always hooked people to sacrifice them to the entity in their movies.

13.Usually only because they are being released a few days after the announcement otherwise its radio silence.

F13

1.What impact does this have on the game since you can also see it on DbD?

2.Intended experience.

3.At least on Pc you can leave at any time with your current xp and CP.

4.True.

5. They don't want the game to be competitive so why would they put in competitive aspects?

6.Nah you can leave at any time.

7.Yes the small maps were causing lagging on Pc but seem to be gone now.

8.Until they add different mechanics or environments every map is going to feel the same. Just like how DbD has multiple maps within one environment that all play the same because there is no different mechanics on them.

9.True objective hovering is pretty much the only effective playstyle.

10. Doesn't really matter if they are essentially cosmetic.

11.Yeah pretty much unacceptable wait times especially for simple fixes.

12. And DbD doesn't? Let me go buy all this clothing that is streamer tagged or all this exclusive streamer clothing worth 100s of dollars.

13.Yes it is pointless to announce so much stuff so far in advance because people just get bored of waiting for the next big thing to happen.

1 person likes this

47 minutes ago, Jawbone said:

F13

1.What impact does this have on the game since you can also see it on DbD?

2.Intended experience.

3.At least on Pc you can leave at any time with your current xp and CP.

4.True.

5. They don't want the game to be competitive so why would they put in competitive aspects?

6.Nah you can leave at any time.

7.Yes the small maps were causing lagging on Pc but seem to be gone now.

8.Until they add different mechanics or environments every map is going to feel the same. Just like how DbD has multiple maps within one environment that all play the same because there is no different mechanics on them.

9.True objective hovering is pretty much the only effective playstyle.

10. Doesn't really matter if they are essentially cosmetic.

11.Yeah pretty much unacceptable wait times especially for simple fixes.

12. And DbD doesn't? Let me go buy all this clothing that is streamer tagged or all this exclusive streamer clothing worth 100s of dollars.

13.Yes it is pointless to announce so much stuff so far in advance because people just get bored of waiting for the next big thing to happen.

1. On console version of the game you are unaware of who the killer is & what type of killer is selected until the game has launched. This keeps people from rage quitting before the game even starts. This game also matches people based on skill level. So if the same person gets matched with me in a lobby over & over I’m unaware until the game starts.

2. This not intended. More then 80 games played without being picked as Jason a single time with 1/8 ratio is broken. 

3. On console all cp & xp is sacrificed. It’s painful watching Tommy & jason fool around for 11 minutes.

4. Agreed

5. The game unfortunately is competitive. Not in the sense of tournament bases but none the less is competitive. You are competing against Jason, other counselors, & the clock. The system probability for rare & epic perks is shockingly horrible.

6. If you leave everything you have done in the match is wasted. No xp or cp for the console versions.

7. Console version still have a lot of stability issues. Frame rate drop during rain. Terrible hit detection caused by lag. The long awaited elusive dedicated servers don’t help either.

8. Recycled maps shouldn’t take so long to create. It tortures everyone waiting for several months to play 1 new map that has the same design & style cabins as the last maps. I know they changed the color of the wood inside & out.

9. Number 9 is aimed towards different killer abilities. For instance one sets down traps while another disorients players.

12. We don’t have cosmetics on DBD for consoles. However I don’t mind new clothing but not excessively releasing pack after pack that kills the games immersion. Seeing a giant white bunny running around a camp ground kills the fear & realism factor.

For a side note nothing I wrote was out of anger. Everyone’s opinion is valued. My frustration lies within the company not the players. People have been crying out for some of these changes for some time now instead of them implementing them we get more cloths of the same design. Not even an explanation why. No different then the window animation that every single person hated.

2 people like this

Dedicated servers is most important. Especially now that they are upping the level cap and at least 30% of my games end early due to host leaving or game crashing

I'm all set with counselor clothing as well. Who cares about that

1 person likes this

This should be titled “Illfonics Incompetence.” Just experienced yet another dashboard on Xbox while playing Jason. So damn over this shit.

2 people like this

37 minutes ago, Super Ty said:

This should be titled “Illfonics Incompetence.” Just experienced yet another dashboard on Xbox while playing Jason. So damn over this shit.

Dude I literally made the title that & saved the thread then instantly changed it because I figured I would be banned for the title or issued a warning.

3 people like this

7 hours ago, Tattooey said:

Now Friday the 13th

First off none of the Jasons other then part 3 are just different reskins there was a 3d model made for every different Jason,Skins in video games don't work like that, go and try to use Jason 9 skin on Jason from mortal kombat x and  see what it looks like...and dbd is and ok game but there maps are far to small, and when you play the killer all you see is the killers hand, the killers do not have  unique kills like Jason does, and the Jarvis House Map is great, I feel like I'm in part 4 every time play

If folks poke their head out of the Friday the 13th game circles, they'll find that this game is viewed as a joke and all of us here are riding on a sinking ship. I know people hate hearing stuff like that after personal and financial investments but it's a reality.

Our community is divided by those who want a real horror/Friday the 13th experience and those who want new hairstyles and clothes. I get there are people who love cosmetics and micro transaction DLC but when we backed this game did anyone really worry about hairstyles or emotes or were we investing in an authentic Friday the 13th, horror experience? The answer is obvious.

The direction we're heading in is slowly poisoning the game. I believe folks will get new hairstyles and clothes but the game will likely die in the process. 

7 people like this

12 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

If folks poke their head out of the Friday the 13th game circles, they'll find that this game is viewed as a joke and all of us here are riding on a sinking ship. I know people hate hearing stuff like that after personal and financial investments but it's a reality.

Our community is divided by those who want a real horror/Friday the 13th experience and those who want new hairstyles and clothes. I get there are people who love cosmetics and micro transaction DLC but when we backed this game did anyone really worry about hairstyles or emotes or were we investing in an authentic Friday the 13th, horror experience? The answer is obvious.

The direction we're heading in is slowly poisoning the game. I believe folks will get new hairstyles and clothes but the game will likely die in the process. 

There's definitely a "Sims" fanbase amongst us.

If Gun were to release a "Life of A.J. and Adam" DLC expansion pack where you could dress them, take them out on dates, go shopping, make them have sex, get married, have kids, design and build their house...I genuinely think it would sell.

While the rest of the Playerbase just wants to see them murdered as quickly and horrifically as possible. 

:lol: ????

2 people like this

I can learn to deal with most these issues, so long as we get dedicated servers. To me, the most important thing is the performance of the game. I feel like I can't even play a match anymore without getting atrocious ping and bad frame rate (on ps4).

If dedicated servers don't fix this problem... then Single Player bloody better be good. :unsure:

I have no doubt that the next patch will make it more difficult for counselors one way or another.

I'll say it a million times...DBD is a shallow experience compared to F13. I can't bear more than 2 Freddy rounds before I lose interest and I can't remember the last time i played anyway.

F13 is doing something too specific to compare it to an arcade style game like DBD

I think the offline modes are gonna be fun 

2 people like this

20 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

I'll say it a million times...DBD is a shallow experience compared to F13. I can't bear more than 2 Freddy rounds before I lose interest and I can't remember the last time i played anyway.

F13 is doing something too specific to compare it to an arcade style game like DBD

I think the offline modes are gonna be fun 

I disagree. I think F13 is too shallow and completely none immersive. Atleast the MP anyways. Im sure when the offline modes kick off itll be neat experience, but lets be realistic, name one no open world RPG esked non multiplayer that has great replayability? Theres isnt many. An once the novelty of the offline modes wear off its all up to the MP to keep the ship afloat.

Atleast when i play DbD i know its up to my own awareness based skills and my own hiding choices that will lead to my survival an not how many times i can jump through windows and teabag. 

"They do that with pallets on DbD!!!" yeah but you can destroy them. An by leading survivors back to already pallet destroyed areas will lead to there inevitable deaths.

Also i noticed up there someone mentioned that you cant see the killer except a hand or so, thats for balancing so that survivors can have "omnidirectional" awareness. Seeing around corners, looking behind you, etc.

I love F13, but things need a boost around here, our populations on all platforms are getting lower and lower, hell theres barely 200+ people on average watching it on Twitch, which is lower then Gears of War 4 which came out over a year ago an majority of its own fanbase have jumped ship with naught but a bad taste in there mouth. This game doesnt deserve the slow death its heading towards but i honestly have no idea what could be done without a huge over haul.

3 people like this