PrestonDelRey

Replace The "2 Seater" With An Actual 2 Seater

27 posts in this topic

So, obviously the blue car is a 4 seater and the yellow car is a "2 seater" even though they're the exact same car. The only reason it can only hold 2 people is because there are boxes in the back seat.

Realistically the counselors would just throw the boxes out and get in the back. So why not add an actual 2 seater to not only make it more realistic but also add variety.

I personally like these cars

pontiac-sports-car-2-door.jpg

Thoughts?

7 people like this

Yes! The Chadmobile! It has to be a convertible though. Chad like the breeze.

2 minutes ago, Truth said:

Yes! The Chadmobile! It has to be a convertible though. Chad like the breeze.

It could also be a truck with a bunch of heavy stuff in the flatbed (logs?) to fix the logic of "just throw it out".

Just now, Daneasaur said:

It could also be a truck with a bunch of heavy stuff in the flatbed (logs?) to fix the logic of "just throw it out".

You could still just sit on the logs though...

I'm sticking with the Chadmobile.

1 minute ago, Truth said:

You could still just sit on the logs though...

I'm sticking with the Chadmobile.

Hey, I'm all for an 80's chadmobile.

I love the idea of a truck. The truck from f13 part 2 is my favorite but that held three people in the front. 

dude the cars are exact replica's of the original cars from (i think part 1 so they're more of a reference) also do people really have enough time to get in a car and throw everything out with a killer 2 feet away?

22 minutes ago, FlameRiderSD said:

dude the cars are exact replica's of the original cars from (i think part 1 so they're more of a reference) also do people really have enough time to get in a car and throw everything out with a killer 2 feet away?

If Jason isn't around I don't see why they couldn't throw out the boxes.

1 hour ago, FlameRiderSD said:

I understand, but there are plenty of 2 seaters from the films that they could reference in the game. Here are a few examples.

i544646.jpg1963-Volkswagen-Beetle-from-Friday-the-11970-Dodge-Polara-from-Friday-the-13th-P

It would just be nice to see more variety

@PrestonDelRey I was just about to post something similar. I don't see any reason why one of those examples couldn't be used instead. The current "2-seater" makes no sense to stay the way it is. 

2 people like this

I would like a VARIETY of cars in the game. It would RNG a number of different models of cars. You could get convertibles that say are compact but leave you vulnerable to melee attacks, a truck, whatever. As long as they resemble cars that have existed in the films. 3 seat vehicles could work too. All vehicles would total a maximum of 6 seats, so you could get 2 3 seaters in the RNG.

Yeah, I think that could be a good idea.

I assume to help with time constraints they went with the same type but in different colours. I guess that's the sense it makes, when there are so very many things to be done and programmed and fighting for attention. With a little more time to breathe, swapping the current two-seater out for a different model could be something.

They've already mentioned looking in to customising the look of the cars, perhaps it could be under that purview as well.

51 minutes ago, DamonD7 said:

Yeah, I think that could be a good idea.

I assume to help with time constraints they went with the same type but in different colours. I guess that's the sense it makes, when there are so very many things to be done and programmed and fighting for attention. With a little more time to breathe, swapping the current two-seater out for a different model could be something.

They've already mentioned looking in to customising the look of the cars, perhaps it could be under that purview as well.

That's awesome. I'm glad a moderator agrees with me :)

I've been thinking this since beta, but never posted about it.

Honestly, I always assumed it was something that was being worked on and/or would happen.

I imagine it may still be. And there are definitely plenty of two seater options from the movies.

Yes to everything everybody said and add a motorcycle as a 3rd option for a 2 person vehicle escape.

Jason can throw knives at people on the bike and they'll fall off....

He can grab people off the moving bike, and if it's the driver the bike can do a cool movie flip or something. 

some nice tweaks down the line. I'd love to see the cars changed up a bit.

I've always been saying it'd be cool to have a Bicycle or a motorbike, or even a moped to fix for an escape chance.

1 person likes this

It'd be cool to see some variety. The van from part 3 could easily sub as a 4 seater. And the VW bug could sub as the 2 seater. Same mechanics and parts requirements, etc. 

5 hours ago, DamonD7 said:

They did? I must have missed that thread...

It was discussed here afterwards, but it originated in the Dev Diary update video from August.
Cosmetic things, but that doesn't mean something more substantial like a model change couldn't happen in the future.

Here you go, I put it at the right time as well.

I'm still waiting for the motorbike or even a bicycle. 

Friday-the-13th-The-Final-Chapter-02.jpg

1 person likes this

15 minutes ago, DamonD7 said:

It was discussed here afterwards, but it originated in the Dev Diary update video from August.
Cosmetic things, but that doesn't mean something more substantial like a model change couldn't happen in the future.

Here you go, I put it at the right time as well.

Ah that's probably why I missed it. I never got around to watching this with audio.

6 hours ago, kitcat said:

I now have the lovely mental image of desperate counselors shoving each other off a bike as Jason gets closer and closer.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, DamonD7 said:

I now have the lovely mental image of desperate counselors shoving each other off a bike as Jason gets closer and closer.

Sounds like a mini game in itself!

10 hours ago, kitcat said:

I love the idea of a bicycle.