Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pucho

f**k spawn preference

53 posts in this topic

Still tHe same shit , i have wait like 2 fucking hours to be jason , and if i had played two rounds to bw jason tge fuxking game crushed 

Fuckkkk

1 person likes this

Its as balanced as they can get it. Everybody wants to be Jason, bud. Just wait until single player.

2 people like this

5 minutes ago, TheButtonMasher said:

Its as balanced as they can get it. Everybody wants to be Jason, bud. Just wait until single player.

Last night, we had a guy go 1/8 as part 7...counselors just brutalized him. Between rounds he says in the lobby how much he hates being Jason, finds it boring, and has his preference set to counselor. Next match, lo and behold, it's him as Jason for a second time in a row.

No reason not to allow those occasional players to only be counselors. 

2 people like this

its spawn preference and yes it sucks but ai bots are coming soon so after that no more qp for me 

I don't know if it is just me, but it still seems that in quick play usually the last person to join the lobby has the best chance of being Jason.  Of course, you also can't tell what their preference is.  Sometimes I get Jason, most times I don't. No big deal. 

I usually only get Jason when I don't want to. Like when I say "just one more game and I'm going to bed" or when I get in a group that I know is going to be a hassle.

I don't enjoy being Jason at all. I will in private matches with my friends, at least its all fun there. BUT in QP, its like brutal what people do to you. Last night I was Jason, was an okay match, no dicks..game ends.. back into the lobby.. match starts.. I was Jason again.. I just about threw down the controller.. I didn't leave, but I was annoyed. Yes I have my preference set to Counselor only.

4 minutes ago, Punisher_2099 said:

I don't enjoy being Jason at all. I will in private matches with my friends, at least its all fun there. BUT in QP, its like brutal what people do to you. Last night I was Jason, was an okay match, no dicks..game ends.. back into the lobby.. match starts.. I was Jason again.. I just about threw down the controller.. I didn't leave, but I was annoyed. Yes I have my preference set to Counselor only.

Yeah I probably would've been mad too. That happens to one of my buddies all the time. I swear every time I play with him he gets Jason like 4 or 5 times...

7 minutes ago, Truth said:

I usually only get Jason when I don't want to. Like when I say "just one more game and I'm going to bed" or when I get in a group that I know is going to be a hassle.

Vanessa: You want some more!

It's time for my marathon around long tables again.

Choke me daddy Jason. :lol:

I have to grind that 1000 matches as Jason achievement for ?%.

Any chance I get to be Jason I'll take it. 

Just now, Truth said:

Yeah I probably would've been mad too. That happens to one of my buddies all the time. I swear every time I play with him he gets Jason like 4 or 5 times...

in a night?! omg, I'd flip a table and dive through a window if that happened. Normally I play for like 4 to 5 hours and maybe get Jason 2 times.. MAYBE.. so I am good so far.. except the back to back one was a shock.. of course I got Jason one more time before calling it a night.

18 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Last night, we had a guy go 1/8 as part 7...counselors just brutalized him. Between rounds he says in the lobby how much he hates being Jason, finds it boring, and has his preference set to counselor. Next match, lo and behold, it's him as Jason for a second time in a row.

No reason not to allow those occasional players to only be counselors. 

Ok let me adjust that "NEARLY everybody wants to be Jason." I'm fine with a counsellor only option, just not a Jason only option.

I hate being Jason personally. I feel it's super stressful, and I love this game to play as the counsellors. I play to feel scared and hunted, rather than the hunter.

If there was a 'no Jason at all' option I'd pick it.

2 people like this

It’s a big deal to me because I like to play as Jason. I hardly ever get him anymore. When game first came out I would get Jason 6 or 7 times a night. Now I’m lucky if I get him once in a few days. 

So yea it’s frustrating when someone who has counselor preference gets Jason repeatedly or some random gets home multiple times in a night. Always seems like everyone but you. I’ve had lobbies where everyone but me had him and it started cycling through everyone else again except me lol. 

OK this will not be a productive conversation. Sorry that the spawn preferences do not align with your personal expectations. It's random some days I get Jason quite a bit other days not so much. Please note that staying in one lobby does not increase your chances of becoming Jason. Also please consider that others may also have those preference set to Jason in the Lobby and well. My suggestion is try a new lobby if you are having difficulty being selected as Jason. 

1 person likes this

We're working on making some changes to improve the preference system for both the player groups that prefer to play as Jason or the Counselors.

One specific change we will be adding would be to remove the ability for 'Counselor Preference' players to be chosen as Jason.

11 people like this

5 minutes ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

One specific change we will be adding would be to remove the ability for 'Counselor Preference' players to be chosen as Jason.

That would be ideal. Not sure where the post is but that's a suggestion that's been made for some time.

And the award for most imaginatively titled thread of 2017 goes to pucho :lol:

2 people like this

8 minutes ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

We're working on making some changes to improve the preference system for both the player groups that prefer to play as Jason or the Counselors.

If this gets done, I'd personally come over and buy you lunch. PLEASE make it soon.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Splatterhouse said:

And the award for most imaginatively titled thread of 2017 goes to pucho :lol:

I mean...the title could easily be describing a thread about which of his kids he prefers...

52 minutes ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

This in my opinion is the best news I’ve seen for the game in quite some time, even better than any announced dlc. I truly hope that this will be a top priority.

1 hour ago, JPops said:

OK this will not be a productive conversation.

Yes, obviously...oh wait, the very next post, productive conversation happens.  Just shocking what can happen without overzealous moderation.

Which is why it was reopened but thanks for your feedback as always Dr. Lecter

3 hours ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

Hey, thanks for popping in and addressing this. Glad to hear you guys are hard at work, as usual.

BTW, any comment on how everyone is blowing up over the latest update that has spawned "Nerf-Gate"...? Just curious what the devs are thinking about how people are upset over Jason's abilities being diminished and all. Any chance these issues will be addressed in an upcoming update, or do you think things are balanced correctly at the moment?

My personal opinion is that Jason has been nerfed a wee bit too much (I thought he was perfect right before this latest update, but that's just me), but I'm curious what you think, Mr. Courier, sir. 

Thanks.