Jump to content
Brigadius

What happens at the end of the DLC road map?

Recommended Posts

So, the end of the DLC road map is approaching and I'm just wondering what will happen. Do we get a new road map? Does Gun escape to never be seen again? 

I would think another road map would be released. Since they gave us a guide to future content it's reasonable to think they will continue down this path. It would be a shame if the content just ended at the end of this road map. Currently left on the map are 2 Jason's,  2 maps, single player, new clothes, new counselors, and a new mode and moat of that will probably be out by the end of the year. 

This is a possibility. The last map released on this road map will be the Grendel and the new road map will be a star chart to Earth 2. Along the way we stop at other planets for new forest maps with recolored trees. Just a guess. 

But in all seriousness I would like to see further game modes and maps other than a forest environment. Friday the 13th encompasses more than just the movies there are also a number of books and comics to draw ideas from. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

So, the end of the DLC road map is approaching and I'm just wondering what will happen. Do we get a new road map? Does Gun escape to never be seen again? 

I would think another road map would be released. Since they gave us a guide to future content it's reasonable to think they will continue down this path. It would be a shame if the content just ended at the end of this road map. Currently left on the map are 2 Jason's,  2 maps, single player, new clothes, new counselors, and a new mode and moat of that will probably be out by the end of the year. 

This is a possibility. The last map released on this road map will be the Grendel and the new road map will be a star chart to Earth 2. Along the way we stop at other planets for new forest maps with recolored trees. Just a guess. 

But in all seriousness I would like to see further game modes and maps other than a forest environment. Friday the 13th encompasses more than just the movies there are also a number of books and comics to draw ideas from. 

it would really suck if they stop supporting the game after the  the roadmap was done, just because we don't have very many of the  Camp counselors from the movies, and I don't think they will be able to add them all before the roadmap is up, I really hope they continue to make content for the game even if we have to pay for it, I have no issue with that

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if there is enough people supporting a game and playing, they will have reason to continue making stuff for it. If the players drop off, don't expect them to do much more for it. That's the case with all games.

We'll also see a lot more as time goes on. That was just their plan they had put on paper for all to see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm looking forward for the new game mode (really, reeeeally excited about this!), Manhattan map, Uber Jason, The Mean Girl (new counselor) and new cosmetics (why not?). Hopefully they are only showing us SOME of the new ideas for the game.

Btw, I remember seeing something about stickers and more customizations for the cars during the Dev Diary #1

 (6:03)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gun/illfonic takes the money and runs, trys to make more games, fails miserably, out of business...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When the last road map item is released, I'll cue this up to play during my matches:

Edit: No YOU'RE crying. I'm just rubbing my eyes

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess it all depends on how good or bad the gameplay is by then.  And if the game goes on sale to bring in more players.  My guess is that dedicated servers won't be out by then so the player base won't be that great on all platforms.  But, I hope they are somehow able to gain and retain some players.  They have to stop drastically swinging the balance one way or the other every single patch.  They need to show some good consistency.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well if they getting enough support they will keep adding to the game. Just like world of Warcraft I keep thinking oh this will be the last expansion but every few years more and more keep coming cause they have so many players and money rolling in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, kitcat said:

I'm looking forward for the new game mode (really, reeeeally excited about this!), Manhattan map, Uber Jason, The Mean Girl (new counselor) and new cosmetics (why not?). Hopefully they are only showing us SOME of the new ideas for the game.

Btw, I remember seeing something about stickers and more customizations for the cars during the Dev Diary #1

 (6:03)

Can't we just pretend that Tiffany is the mean girl (or even Vanessa) and just add Alice as the blonde girl (that would be strange is she goes to the shack but still)? I really need Alice in the game, even is she has shitty stats i would use her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Shaild said:

Can't we just pretend that Tiffany is the mean girl (or even Vanessa) and just add Alice as the blonde girl (that would be strange is she goes to the shack but still)? I really need Alice in the game, even is she has shitty stats i would use her.

No! Tiffany is the slutty girl lol Well, I really want a blonde counselor and she doesn't need to be mean. Someone like Tina from part 7 or Trish Jarvis would be great. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, kitcat said:

No! Tiffany is the slutty girl lol Well, I really want a blonde counselor and she doesn't need to be mean. Someone like Tina from part 7 or Trish Jarvis would be great. 

That, or they could just add hair customization.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PrestonDelRey said:

That, or they could just add hair customization.

Yes, please! 

aOelA_f-maxage-0.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2017 at 8:36 AM, Brigadius said:

So, the end of the DLC road map is approaching and I'm just wondering what will happen.

They did say that the icons are seasons. So post "snowflake", we still have all of winter. I suspect we may get a new roadmap to show what follows after that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

They did say that the icons are seasons. So post "snowflake", we still have all of winter. I suspect we may get a new roadmap to show what follows after that.

Considering how perfectly the jack o lantern meshed with halloweeen, I’m not sold on the icons being seasons yet.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TimmyJarvis said:

Considering how perfectly the jack o lantern meshed with halloweeen, I’m not sold on the icons being seasons yet.  

It was stated by the Devs themselves. Sold or not, it is what we know of their perspective. They also said they would release stuff when it was ready. So basically, they have a built in safety net. If it comes by holidays it works out for them. If it doesn't, they can simply reiterate that the icons were seasons, not holidays. Win-win for them.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alkavian said:

It was stated by the Devs themselves. Sold or not, it is what we know of their perspective. They also said they would release stuff when it was ready. So basically, they have a built in safety net. If it comes by holidays it works out for them. If it doesn't, they can simply reiterate that the icons were seasons, not holidays. Win-win for them.

 

Off topic, but by far, the best avatar yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jameson87 said:

Off topic, but by far, the best avatar yet.

Thanks. See @Brigadius and mention my name. He'll get you a five finger discount on a wide selection of the best forum fashions.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2017 at 0:07 PM, Maddogg_8121 said:

I guess it all depends on how good or bad the gameplay is by then.  And if the game goes on sale to bring in more players.  My guess is that dedicated servers won't be out by then so the player base won't be that great on all platforms.  But, I hope they are somehow able to gain and retain some players.  They have to stop drastically swinging the balance one way or the other every single patch.  They need to show some good consistency.  

I dunno.  I think it manages to change the game up with each patch with the balances and that's kind of interesting to switch up strategy/gameplay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Alkavian said:

It was stated by the Devs themselves. Sold or not, it is what we know of their perspective. They also said they would release stuff when it was ready. So basically, they have a built in safety net. If it comes by holidays it works out for them. If it doesn't, they can simply reiterate that the icons were seasons, not holidays. Win-win for them.

 

When hasn’t it been a win win for them??? (Early 2017)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BigJVOOREES said:

When hasn’t it been a win win for them??? (Early 2017)

When they missed that deadline.

Angry-sports-fan-reaction.gif

They are just playing a tighter game of CYA at this point. The sharks keep nibbling their toes when they put a foot in the water so they have taken to not announcing when they are going swimming....only SOON. :huh::lol:

shark-attacks-boat-shark-gifs.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×