Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PowellCampsNAKED

Need suggestions purchasing my first Gaming PC!

3 posts in this topic

Currently my pc is a 8 year old HP. It's a piece of garbage loaded with malware and viruses!  Everything is out of date (drivers graphics card and so on) it won't even open a game or play YouTube without lag or crashes!

I'm ready to Invest in a good gaming PC to help my gaming and streaming experiences, capturing my consoles as well using "Elgato" but not just for gaming but also to work on building my websites using dream weaver, photoshop and Video Editing!  I've heard a few good things about the company "Ibuypower" www.ibuypower.com 

I've been doing some research on them and seems like a good solid PC.  My question is specs for something I need I have no clue about RAM, Graphics Cards or power supply or processors etc!  Should I get a "liquid" cooling system?  I'm looking to go between $900-1500.

and I'm not interested in building a pc building cost about the same amount and isn't worth the hassle I've already had numerous offers on building!

thoughts and answers what I should get from their website according what I need guys? 

Thanks!

https://choosemypc.net

https://pcpartpicker.com

Those couple of sites can help you build and customize parts to your budget and find what parts work together with the operating system of your choice.

3 hours ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

Currently my pc is a 8 year old HP. It's a piece of garbage loaded with malware and viruses!  Everything is out of date (drivers graphics card and so on) it won't even open a game or play YouTube without lag or crashes!

I'm ready to Invest in a good gaming PC to help my gaming and streaming experiences, capturing my consoles as well using "Elgato" but not just for gaming but also to work on building my websites using dream weaver, photoshop and Video Editing!  I've heard a few good things about the company "Ibuypower" www.ibuypower.com 

I've been doing some research on them and seems like a good solid PC.  My question is specs for something I need I have no clue about RAM, Graphics Cards or power supply or processors etc!  Should I get a "liquid" cooling system?  I'm looking to go between $900-1500.

and I'm not interested in building a pc building cost about the same amount and isn't worth the hassle I've already had numerous offers on building!

thoughts and answers what I should get from their website according what I need guys? 

Thanks!

Sorry to double post here, but i was driving to work earlier. Liquid cooling is great, but if you live in already humid conditions, you are adding more moisture inside the system which can lead to issues later on when the system runs super hot. It's rare anymore as the technology has been out for a while, but research the cooling system you are intending to purchase.

1 person likes this

CPU: i5-6400, i5-6500, i5-7600K, or i5-7500 (All good choices, all use the 1151 socket). The i7-7700 and 7700K are beasts, but you'll pay for it.

Motherboard: 1151 socket, whichever you like. Plenty of options for under $200. Avoid ASRock. I recommend Asus or Gigabyte.

GPU: GTX 1070 (or 1070 ti)...Best bang for your buck. Still overkill for most games at 1080p.

RAM: 16GB DDR4 2400 (288-pin for most - if not all - 1151 socket Motherboards)

Cooling: Corsair H60. Cheap and very efficient water cooling. Spend a little more on a higher model if you feel it's necessary. I'm on my 2nd H60 for this build...First one died after 4 years because I didn't clean it at all. That's good considering I didn't spray it out.

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro, whatever size is good for you. Install your OS on here, and maybe a few games where SSDs make a difference, and get a Western Digital 1TB+ HDD for other storage/games.

If you need any more help, don't hesitate to ask.