Sign in to follow this  
Ethan

anyone notice this on the 150 annnouncement ?

" Friday the 13th and related characters and elements are trademarks of and New Line Productions,Inc. and Horror Inc. (each to the extent of their interest) "

Now I'm not 100% sure how the whole license deal they have works, but this is the first time I have seen them give credit to New Line. To my understanding, unless it involves FVJ, the Remake, or using any character or element for toys or merchandise, they didn't have to include New Line??

So does this mean we are getting some FVJ or Remake content? Or maybe using the NECA NES Jason and having the music requires New Line shout out?

I can't remember if it ever said New Line. Pretty sure the rights for the remake are owned by Warner or Platinum Dunes though and Jason Goes to Hell was from New Line.

It said it from the get go. New Line got the rights from Paramount when Cunningham convinced them, which is when he got back into the picture and made 9 and 10. Warner Bros. owns New Line. Platinum Dunes has at least some rights to the remake. 

23 minutes ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

It said it from the get go. New Line got the rights from Paramount when Cunningham convinced them, which is when he got back into the picture and made 9 and 10. Warner Bros. owns New Line. Platinum Dunes has at least some rights to the remake. 

Yea I just got done reading up on that. So newline would have no claim to remake.  But looking at the credits in game , I see no mention of new line at all.

If I'm understanding this correctly, Sean cunmingham and horror inc still own all the original 1-X rights until mid 2018 when it reverts to warner/new line. 

So if they are using stuff they have already had licensed from s.c./ horror inc, why the mention of new line? And if they have mentioned new line in credits before, when?

8 minutes ago, Ethan said:

If I'm understanding this correctly, Sean cunmingham and horror inc still own all the original 1-X rights until mid 2018 when it reverts to warner/new line. 

No, New Line owns it, but Cunningham and Horror own certain rights. The deal you’re thinking of has to do with Paramount currently owning the rights, thanks to a deal they cut with Warner Bros. who wanted in on INTERSTELLAR.

I laid out the history of the rights as far as I could figure them in some post a few months back. I’ll see if I can find it later.

EDIT TO ADD:

This was it:

• Like 1