Savage_Carcharodon

Paranoia Explained (Not Official)

61 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Savage_Carcharodon said:

What is Paranoia? Who is the antagonist?

I'm here to explain to you. ***Keep in mind this is all speculation and not confirmed by the devs***

Okay so lets get started. Paranoia is gonna be the same exact thing as the normal gamemode but with a twist.

The killer will only be Roy... how can i speculate this? How can i back this up? Well there are 2 things to back my theory.

#1: In the trailer we see a glimpse of the Roy mask from part V accompanied by the famous black dots and one blue Dot. (Being that Roy's mask has blue on it.)

#2: Also in the trailer we see a hashtag that says "#whoisfiVe" while the V being blue this points in the direction of Part V. (Roy's Mask has blue markings on it, as stated above.)

So in theory that we are getting Roy but only in this gamemode. Also this gamemode will focus on more of a hard core style mode. No teleportation, No Sense and No Stalk! Classic Murder style gameplay.

What are your thoughts? Let me know!

Roy.PNG

fiVe.PNG

Cool I guess tbh I don't like it

16 hours ago, kitcat said:

I don't see how the game mode could work with mics. The mystery will be gone at the first 5 minutes, right? 

No walkies at all?

15 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Yaaayyy!! We've bored @Dolemite!!! SUCCESS!! 

*shaking multiple hands*

You...you bastard! I knew you all were plotting against me this entire time!

1 person likes this

15 hours ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I object that statement. Who else brought up the toilet seat before me? ;):D

Okay, okay...I'll give you that. That was very astute.  :)

15 hours ago, kitcat said:

Okay sir, I will let you know! Unfortunately I don't have any pizza today, but I have some other snacks.

That's why yer supposta ORDER the pizza, Duder!! Adds to the experience! 

Okay, so how was it?

1 hour ago, Cokeyskunk said:

That's why yer supposta ORDER the pizza, Duder!! Adds to the experience! 

Okay, so how was it?

Noooooo buddy, I didn't have time to watch it yet :( But don't give up on meeeeeeeeeeeee, okay? I'll watch as soon as possible! Maybe I'll follow your advice and watch it tomorrow. The Friday night of the movies and the pizzas!

1 person likes this

20 hours ago, humerabi said:

I refer to the Jarvis map as a "JASON BUFFET". I play part 9 Jason and have never had any counselors escape on that map yet. It takes a lobby of 7 people working together to escape it. Sadly that doesn't happen often in quick play.

Then that is how all maps should be, escape should not be easy.

I've thinking about this for some time now, but what if it's not Roy? Looking at the mask, it has an additional chevron like others have mentioned, meaning this mask isn't entirely like the one Roy used. And furthermore, he technically wasn't the only person to don a hockey mask while attempting to murder someone.

My theory is that the murderer who will be featured in the Paranoia mode will be Tommy Jarvis. Originally the screen directors were planning on making Part VI a direct sequel to Part V with Tommy Jarvis being the villain, but due to angry backlash from the fans about Part V's twist ending, the developers decided it would safer to bring the real Jason back into the fold. So Paranoia could be a "what-if" scenario in regards to Tommy taking over Jason's role. A possible reference is how the mask shown in the video has a chevron on the forehead that is similar to the one shown on Part VI Jason's mask (except his was red). So by having Roy's blue chevron design in addition to the chevron from Part VI (which Tommy could've put on himself in this case), it could be believed this mode takes place in an alternate Part VI.

From there, the game mode could resemble a 1v7 mode where players have to survive against Tommy under new settings, like maybe less weapons so it's difficult to kill Tommy, and Tommy could be hooked up wtih Jason-like abilities to help him hunt down the counselors. The reward for whoever does kill him could then be rewarded by being Tommy the next round, meaning counselors might not always want to help each other if they want to "don the mask" next (a reference to Part V's ending).

I could totally see this being a G-Mod Murder kind of thing. Maybe we will have up to 8 counselors. One has a Jason mask in his inventory and can put it on under certain circumstances, allowing him to switch to a killer mode. Maybe all the names will be blacked out and you have to chose from a prefigured set of counselors. Maybe counselors have to do certain tasks, and the killer has to be in the right place at the right time to switch into Jason mode. If the killer messes up, he becomes prone to attack and killing. I'm very intruiged what it'll be in the end, even if it might be entirely different.

1 person likes this

Assuming that the murderer is Roy disguised as a survivor, I think it is obvious that the game was based on a closed and small environment where the counselors have to look for objects and meet targets in order to survive. Probably a mix between the game Deceit and Murders Mystery, where they either have to escape from the camp in phases delivering obetos and / or solving puzzles and avoid being killed, or where based on clues and guesses they have to discover the murderer and kill him , or a mixture of both
I also think they could add Pamea Voorhees as a killer and the spirit of Jason from part 9

On 11/9/2017 at 10:26 AM, kitcat said:

Noooooo buddy, I didn't have time to watch it yet :( But don't give up on meeeeeeeeeeeee, okay? I'll watch as soon as possible! Maybe I'll follow your advice and watch it tomorrow. The Friday night of the movies and the pizzas!

Okay, KittyCat @kitcat! Hit me up with that movie (AND pizza) review.