Savage_Carcharodon

Paranoia Explained (Not Official)

61 posts in this topic

What is Paranoia? Who is the antagonist?

I'm here to explain to you. ***Keep in mind this is all speculation and not confirmed by the devs***

Okay so lets get started. Paranoia is gonna be the same exact thing as the normal gamemode but with a twist.

The killer will only be Roy... how can i speculate this? How can i back this up? Well there are 2 things to back my theory.

#1: In the trailer we see a glimpse of the Roy mask from part V accompanied by the famous black dots and one blue Dot. (Being that Roy's mask has blue on it.)

#2: Also in the trailer we see a hashtag that says "#whoisfiVe" while the V being blue this points in the direction of Part V. (Roy's Mask has blue markings on it, as stated above.)

So in theory that we are getting Roy but only in this gamemode. Also this gamemode will focus on more of a hard core style mode. No teleportation, No Sense and No Stalk! Classic Murder style gameplay.

What are your thoughts? Let me know!

Roy.PNG

fiVe.PNG

So you're telling me it's just a normal gamemode but Jason without abilities? That would be unbalanced af. It's perhaps something totally different than the normal gamemode. Roy is almost for sure the killer indeed.

3 people like this

Still not sure why they used the part 8 mask with blue chevrons.  Either they are making Roy and this is an extremely lazy oversight or they are trying to fool us.  

1 minute ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Still not sure why they used the part 8 mask with blue chevrons.  Either they are making Roy and this is an extremely lazy oversight or they are trying to fool us.  

Also, why is the mask sitting in the middle of what appears to be a black toilet seat?

Roy.PNG

3 people like this

Don't Shoot the Speculator yall... Now im not saying they will change it a little bit and balance it, but Roy is definitely the only killer in this game mode. 

Some people may be overlooking this, This could not even be Roy, if you remember Jason Part 9 Jason wasn't in most of the movie because they introduce the idea that Jason could pretty much possess people,  this is just my theory but maybe there introducing gameplay from Jason part 9, maybe after Jason kills the first counselor he gets to somehow Possess the counselor that would make things a little harder for the counselors

2 people like this

To be honest I would prefer a normal counselor being the killer, something similar to the game Deceit. 
Maybe they are just using part V as an inspiration.

1 person likes this

43 minutes ago, kitcat said:

To be honest I would prefer a normal counselor being the killer, something similar to the game Deceit. 

i think this is the direction also. A counselor will be randomly picked each game to be the killer(Roy). Here is my question though? Are they going to disable microphones in this game mode? Once one of the counselors starts to kill the other counselor, aren't they going to call out over there mic who is trying to kill them?

4 minutes ago, humerabi said:

Are they going to disable microphones in this game mode? Once one of the counselors starts to kill the other counselor, aren't they going to call out over there mic who is trying to kill them?

I don't see how the game mode could work with mics. The mystery will be gone at the first 5 minutes, right? 

50 minutes ago, kitcat said:

yeah I think that would be cool to

1 person likes this

Just now, kitcat said:

I don't see how the game mode could work with mics. The mystery will be gone at the first 5 minutes, right?

my thoughts exactly.

2 hours ago, Savage_Carcharodon said:

So in theory that we are getting Roy but only in this gamemode. Also this gamemode will focus on more of a hard core style mode. No teleportation, No Sense and No Stalk! Classic Murder style gameplay.

The only way this could work is if Roy could run just a notch faster than then counselors. Otherwise, he'd never catch them.

2 hours ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Also, why is the mask sitting in the middle of what appears to be a black toilet seat?

Roy.PNG

Dude. I have to go to the bathroom now because I just laughed so hard. And I'm going to see a Roy mask during the entire evacuation.

I can see you and I are going to have to do battle for the title of the Funniest Poster on the F13 boards.

Just now, humerabi said:

my thoughts exactly.

But we still have to think about other ways of communication, such as Discord.

Just now, kitcat said:

But we still have to think about other ways of communication, such as Discord.

that would have to be disabled too, for the game mode to work.

1 minute ago, humerabi said:

that would have to be disabled too, for the game mode to work.

Tbh I don't know what to think lol but I'm really excited about this. The multiplayer experience we have now is good, but God I need some new modes. 

Just now, kitcat said:

Tbh I don't know what to think lol but I'm really excited about this. The multiplayer experience we have now is good, but God I need some new modes. 

I love the game as is, but variety is nice. We also need a new map quick. As great as the Jarvis map is, its not a lot of fun. I have never been in a lobby of people that want to play it. In fact there are requests to not play it.

1 hour ago, Frighteningicon said:

Some people may be overlooking this, This could not even be Roy, if you remember Jason Part 9 Jason wasn't in most of the movie because they introduce the idea that Jason could pretty much possess people,  this is just my theory but maybe there introducing gameplay from Jason part 9, maybe after Jason kills the first counselor he gets to somehow Possess the counselor that would make things a little harder for the counselors

Following that logic, what would #whoisfiVe mean?

3 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Dude. I have to go to the bathroom now because I just laughed so hard. And I'm going to see a Roy mask during the entire evacuation.

I can see you and I are going to have to do battle for the title of the Funniest Poster on the F13 boards.

I preemptively concede. My attempts at humor are sporadic and only come out in spurts...similar to the biological phenomenon you just experienced. I can't be relied upon for consistent delivery.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, kitcat said:

If they remove the mics, they remove the fun and the challenge.

Yes, if I kill someone right in front of another player, that other player WILL start screaming, "COKEY'S THE KILLER!! COKEY'S THE KILLER!!"

Sooooo . . . I have to be all . . . smooth-like an' sly. I have to wait until the person's alone . . . totally alone.

Then, WAAHHHHHH!!! *stabbystabbystabby*

And THEN!

Me: "Oh crap!! (Blahblah)'s DEAD!! Somebody got him!! He's over there!! Who the hell is it??!!"

Not me: "You didn't see anything??"

Me: "Me? Not a thing! Nope, just all slicey-diceyed when I got here. I think it's . . . @NthnButAGoodTime!!! Get 'im!!"

I can't wait for this game . . . 

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, humerabi said:

I love the game as is, but variety is nice. We also need a new map quick. As great as the Jarvis map is, its not a lot of fun. I have never been in a lobby of people that want to play it. In fact there are requests to not play it.

Most of the people think the Jarvis map is the hardest to escape and to play as Jason. I really like the map, but I have to agree.

1 minute ago, Cokeyskunk said:

If they remove the mics, they remove the fun and the challenge.

Yes, if I kill someone right in front of another player, that other player WILL start screaming, "COKEY'S THE KILLER!! COKEY'S THE KILLER!!"

Sooooo . . . I have to be all . . . smooth-like an' sly. I have to wait until the person's alone . . . totally alone.

Then, WAAHHHHHH!!! *stabbystabbystabby*

And THEN!

Me: "Oh crap!! (Blahblah)'s DEAD!! Somebody got him!! He's over there!! Who the hell is it??!!"

Not me: "You didn't see anything??"

Me: "Me? Not a thing! Nope, just all slicey-diceyed when I got here. I think it's . . . @NthnButAGoodTime!!! Get 'im!!"

I can't wait for this game . . . 

I understand your point, but just like in Deceit, people will start to walk in groups only to prevent a "stealth" killer. 

Well, let's see... But yeah, I'm really excited about this! 

Just now, kitcat said:

Most of the people think the Jarvis map the hardest to escape and to play as Jason. I really like the map, but I have to agree.

I refer to the Jarvis map as a "JASON BUFFET". I play part 9 Jason and have never had any counselors escape on that map yet. It takes a lobby of 7 people working together to escape it. Sadly that doesn't happen often in quick play.

Just now, kitcat said:

I understand your point, but just like in Deceit, people will start to walk in groups only to prevent a "stealth" killer. 

Well, let's see... But yeah, I'm really excited about this! 

I think they will design timed objectives across the map from each other to force players to separate.

Didn't you ever watch CLUE??!!

2 minutes ago, humerabi said:

I refer to the Jarvis map as a "JASON BUFFET". I play part 9 Jason and have never had any counselors escape on that map yet. It takes a lobby of 7 people working together to escape it. Sadly that doesn't happen often in quick play.

Quick plays are always a mess, sadly. 

2 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

I think they will design timed objectives across the map from each other to force players to separate.

Didn't you ever watch CLUE??!!

Oh, I can see that happening. Sounds great! 

1 minute ago, kitcat said:

Indeed. But in PARANOIA, reactivated Team Killing is a must.

Just now, kitcat said:

Quick plays are always a mess, sadly. 

yes i grew up in the 80s, so of course i played and watched clue. the question is, did the developers of this game watch clue?