Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Great, that's your opinion and I get it, so why not argue constructively for how there should be more of what you want instead of advocating for less of what others enjoy? It'spossible for everyone to be happy, so that's what we should all be asking for.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CPLhicks31 said:

Great, that's your opinion and I get it, so why not argue constructively for how there should be more of what you want instead of advocating for less of what others enjoy? It'spossible for everyone to be happy, so that's what we should all be asking for.

Are you talking to me? If so, I never said I didn't like clothing packs. I hope they release more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jawbone your argument is so obviously misguided that the fact you don't see it suggests you are simply trying to one up each reply. Counselor customisation and Jason models are completely different things, can you truly not see that? It's already been explained to you pretty well but in case you require more help -

The selection of Jasons is just like the selection of counselors. Each have a different set of strengths and weaknesses, loosely based on their respective movies and visually identified by the design from each one. Having movie-accurate Jason designs is perhaps one of the most important things about this game, and why the models were painstakingly designed to be as accurate as possible. While hypothetically the stats and weapons could be interchangeable and our selection limited to just 1 Jason, it would not represent one of the things that F13 fans are passionate about which are the Jason designs themselves, which are iconic in the horror genre. It is a completely different thing to selecting what colour clothes you want on your counselor or whether you want to dress them in a swimsuit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, zarakye said:

Jason's model is a cosmetic? Sounds like you've been smoking too much marijuana. Why would we petition for all except one Jason to be removed? They're all from the Friday The 13th movies, and this is a game based off the movies.

I've been smoking too much Marijuana and even I know they're not just cosmetics.

He might be on something a little more numbing ;)

@jameson87 less costumes more horror.

Before release I never imagined seeing the nerdy guy shake his ass dressed as andre the giant. I'm sure that's not what any backers envisioned either. 

The game lost its atmosphere and horror feel in a span of two patches.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, zarakye said:

Jason's model is a cosmetic? Sounds like you've been smoking too much marijuana. Why would we petition for all except one Jason to be removed? They're all from the Friday The 13th movies, and this is a game based off the movies.

The model is 100% cosmetic. Weapons are completely interchangeable as we have not only seen in an official trailer but on a channel that leaks content. Stats are also completely interchangeable as for the longest time Part 4 had 4 positives one of which was a hidden + morph. So if stats are completely changeable and weapons also are what is unique to the models themselves except their cosmetic look? 

The point was to show how silly it was to rag on people who like visual customization when thats basically all the Jasons are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I've been smoking too much Marijuana and even I know they're not just cosmetics.

He might be on something a little more numbing ;)

@jameson87 less costumes more horror.

Before release I never imagined seeing the nerdy guy shake his ass dressed as andre the giant. I'm sure that's not what any backers envisioned either. 

The game lost its atmosphere and horror feel in a span of two patches.

This 100% couldn't agree more.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, zarakye said:

Are you talking to me? If so, I never said I didn't like clothing packs. I hope they release more.

Haha nono not you, sorry : )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep the updates coming! Instead of more clothes, let’s get some different hairstyles and be able to change between four very basic hair colors. All they need to do is just use the hair they already built but make each available for everyone. Fox’s hairstyle is really cool and I love the bandana. Seems like something Adam might wear too. And I’m sure the girls would all have the different hairstyles at some point.

Also, all the clothing should be able to be applied to every counselor. Adam has some cool clothes that other counselors should be able to wear. And I know Chad would love to wear some of Tiffany’s stuff just sayin. It’s past time for a little customization of the characters we already have. Since they want to keep adding clothes and stuff to do with appearance then let the players choose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I think it's garbage. There are enough clothing options as is. There's also a bunny, an Andre the Giant kid, someone dressed up as Goku... garbage. :)

Jeez.... you need a hug? Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Jawbone said:

The model is 100% cosmetic. Weapons are completely interchangeable as we have not only seen in an official trailer but on a channel that leaks content. Stats are also completely interchangeable as for the longest time Part 4 had 4 positives one of which was a hidden + morph. So if stats are completely changeable and weapons also are what is unique to the models themselves except their cosmetic look? 

The point was to show how silly it was to rag on people who like visual customization when thats basically all the Jasons are.

Each Jason model isn't just a simple visual customization. They've each got their own unique stat combinations. Furthermore, you cannot compare Jason models with counselor clothing packs. The Jason models (with the exception of Savini) are all ripped straight from the movies this game is based off. Whereas the clothing packs have NOTHING to do with the movies themselves.

I happen to like the clothing packs. But they aren't of importance and cannot be compared to Jason models.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, zarakye said:

Each Jason model isn't just a simple visual customization. They've each got their own unique stat combinations. Furthermore, you cannot compare Jason models with counselor clothing packs. The Jason models (with the exception of Savini) are all ripped straight from the movies this game is based off. Whereas the clothing packs have NOTHING to do with the movies themselves.

I happen to like the clothing packs. But they aren't of importance.

Yes the stats themselves are unique but completely interchangeable just like the weapons would be if they allowed it.

Sorry to burst your bubble but all Jason models are based off Kane Hodder's skeleton/stature so its impossible to say they all are movie faithful right from the get go. Not to mention some of the bigger movie buffs have point out inconsistencies in not only masks but entire models such as P9 not having the exposed spine from the movie. Etc,etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jawbone said:

Thats called thinking Aldermach. One day it won't hurt when you learn how essential it is.

So we're clear- you only want one generic Jason in the game? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

I think it's garbage. There are enough clothing options as is. There's also a bunny, an Andre the Giant kid, someone dressed up as Goku... garbage. :)

Some people just like to hear themselves bitch...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

So we're clear- you only want one generic Jason in the game? 

No. I was equating counselor customization to Jason customization. If we were given the option to choose weapons and stats there would be nothing special about any of the Jason models. None of them act differently, sound differently, have unique animations etc. Anything unique about them is tied to skills or weaponry itself. If you hate visual customization so much why don't we just remove all but one Jason and let him have different skill loadouts and weapon choices which is entirely within the devs power? It would all be meaningful game changing customization then.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Jawbone said:

Yes the stats themselves are unique but completely interchangeable just like the weapons would be if they allowed it.

Sorry to burst your bubble but all Jason models are based off Kane Hodder's skeleton/stature so its impossible to say they all are movie faithful right from the get go. Not to mention some of the bigger movie buffs have point out inconsistencies in not only masks but entire models such as P9 not having the exposed spine from the movie. Etc,etc.

It doesn't matter if they're based off Kane Hodder's stature of not. We're not talking about the core foundation of the Jason model here, yes each Jason model is built from the same motion capture and skeletal structure. But each variation of that model is still based off its movie counterpart in design and ability. That part is not cosmetic and interchangeable. You cannot and will never be able to interchange stats and weapons between each model variation. No other Jason will have +water speed +destruction +stalk like the Part 8 Jason model, therefore he isn't just a cosmetic customization like the counselor clothing packs. Each model variation changes your gameplay entirely.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Jawbone said:

No. I was equating counselor customization to Jason customization. If we were given the option to choose weapons and stats there would be nothing special about any of the Jason models. None of them act differently, sound differently, have unique animations etc. Anything unique about them is tied to skills or weaponry itself. If you hate visual customization so much why don't we just remove all but one Jason and let him have different skill loadouts and weapon choices which is entirely within the devs power? It would all be meaningful game changing customization then.

You're saying we should eliminate all customization, including any variant of Jason, because I said we have enough clothing customization options for counselors as is? 

Also, I also don't remember saying I hate visual customization.

23 minutes ago, Brevator said:

Some people just like to hear themselves bitch...

...or some folks have a different opinion than yours. :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, zarakye said:

It doesn't matter if they're based off Kane Hodder's stature of not. We're not talking about the core foundation of the Jason model here, yes each Jason model is built from the same motion capture and skeletal structure. But each variation of that model is still based off its movie counterpart in design and ability. That part is not cosmetic and interchangeable. You cannot and will never be able to interchange stats and weapons between each model variation. No other Jason will have +water speed +destruction +stalk like the Part 8 Jason model, therefore he isn't just a cosmetic customization like the counselor clothing packs. Each model variation changes your gameplay entirely.

Show me one Jason that took a worse beating and yet he is the only Jason to have less health somehow. Very movie accurate.

 

4 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Because it's garbage and adds nothing to the game. Playing dress up is fun for kids, not for me. 

That sounds like you hate visual customization to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jawbone said:

That sounds like you hate visual customization to me.

You're entitled to your assumptions, however incorrect they might be. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bewareofbears said:

You're entitled to your assumptions, however incorrect they might be. :)

Please enlighten me to how the words you used were the complete opposite of what you said then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

 

...or some folks have a different opinion than yours. :)

Nah, I've been lurking here for over a year, and you don't really add much to the conversation, other than..."garbage". You've derailed this topic into a pointless argument. It's not hard to see why you were "vacationed" a few weeks ago. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×