There is no comparison in my eyes do they have the basic principles, play as a killer or play as counsellors/survivors yes but that is the only comparison.  Friday is strictly about that franchise and because of such it is done beautifully and feels like a Friday the 13th movie.  

Deadby Daylight yes has some movie killers mixed with there own killers but it plays totally different only 4 survivors at a time, only 1 way to kill survivors, no way to kill the killer, only 1 terrible way to escape and nothing that really focuses on any of the movie property characters they have.

I am not bashing DBD at all just saying in a head to head comparison on who does it better it's not a fair fight.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TimmyJarvis said:

but all the information I found suggested they had the same manner of killing people by putting them on hooks

And don't forget the crab creature from outer space that all the killers work for. 

I don't remember seeing any crustaceans in the Nightmare on Elm Street movies.

6 minutes ago, patrickgage27 said:

Deadby Daylight yes has some movie killers mixed with there own killers but it plays totally different only 4 survivors at a time, only 1 way to kill survivors, no way to kill the killer, only 1 terrible way to escape and nothing that really focuses on any of the movie property characters they have.

I am not bashing DBD at all just saying in a head to head comparison on who does it better it's not a fair fight.

Exactly. You really can't compare the 2.

DbD might be a cool game, but it becomes a complete turn-off when you add the branded killers.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

And don't forget the crab creature from outer space that all the killers work for. 

I don't remember seeing any crustaceans in the Nightmare on Elm Street movies.

You really can't compare the 2.

DbD might be a cool game, but it becomes a complete turn-off when you add the branded killers.

I agree with those observations. I think the biggest thing DbD has going against it is it’s plot. I understand it’s premise but I can’t picture Michael Myers or Freddy Krueger just being cool with being toyed with by The Entity. (The Entity is the crab thingy you were referring to earlier by the way.) I would like to see them fight back or something. Kill The Entity and escape the loop it has them trapped in. That would be cool.

People seem to be forgetting that the killers do have instant kills.  You just have to level them up.  You have to EARN them.   No free rides in DbD. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

People seem to be forgetting that the killers do have instant kills.  You just have to level them up.  You have to EARN them.   No free rides in DbD. 

Those are rare items, and not a main game mechanic.

6 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Once you get that Mori offering, they're all doomed! The Hag has the best kill: 

22 minutes ago, BoxingRouge said:

Once you get that Mori offering, they're all doomed! The Hag has the best kill: 

She really does.  I watched it happen in game.  It was awesome.  

• Like 2

On 11/8/2017 at 10:01 AM, DarkRicochet117 said:

Freddy Krueger has been announced as a new Killer in Dead by Daylight, and with Micheal Myers and Leatherface also in the game it’s getting harder and harder not to compare these two titles. The horror movie icons have moved out of film and into our video games, and I couldn’t be more happy about it. 

So It’s a simple question, which game do you prefer and why?

Also open to honest discussions as to why either game is better than the other or why you prefer one over the other. Lastly, what could either game learn from the other?

In my opinion, DbD has the balance issue down. Whereas F13 keeps messing up the game balance with every update. Yet, F13 at times seems a lot more fun to play and has more to do when you’re playing as a counselor. You can actually fight back against Jason if you know what you’re doing. In DbD you really don’t stand a chance against the Killer once they have you. The community is the biggest difference here in my opinion. F13 is filled to the brim with trolls and other toxic players, DbD has a pretty good system set up to discourage and eliminate that kind of behavior.

But tbh for a horror game, Dead by daylight wins it all because does anyone else think it’s fun to be Jason and as soon as u morph somewhere a counselor knows exactly where you are or if your near them due to the red spot on map or the music playing

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Impuhlsively said:

But tbh for a horror game, Dead by daylight wins it all because does anyone else think it’s fun to be Jason and as soon as u morph somewhere a counselor knows exactly where you are or if your near them due to the red spot on map or the music playing

DBD gives you a thrill/suspense feeling when the killer is chasing you, which makes it more enjoyable.

12 minutes ago, BoxingRouge said:

DBD gives you a thrill/suspense feeling when the killer is chasing you, which makes it more enjoyable.

So does F13 if you're playing anyone but Vanessa.

Just now, BoxingRouge said:

Or any fast counselor.

Chad at least has to actually get some hits in to replenish his poor stamina which is further worsened by low composure. There's some tension as Chad that Vanessa lacks.

I find that DBD satisfies the moment to moment tactics itch, where F13 plays more strategy-based to me. Both are certainly enjoyable games, but quality wise, Dead by Daylight wins, hands down.

(And I'd like to be able to say otherwise in the future.)

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Impuhlsively said:

Man, I've been saying that needs to change for quite a while now.  I don't like the orchestra following Jason or the red marker.  It's dumb as hell.  

40 minutes ago, Hal Bailman said:

.... but quality wise, Dead by Daylight wins, hands down.

You mean technical quality, such as glitches, etc?

I find the graphical quality to be equal. I give the nod to Jason (of course for the beautiful accuracy). DbD feels slightly more cartoonish.

I also like the animations of F13 over DbD. It doesn't feel like motion capture with DbD, it feels programmed.

Music also goes to F13.

The sound design is equal. 

The atmosphere (audio-wise) is equal but I feel like F13 needs some fine tuning.

11 hours ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Dude, real horror fans will buy or watch anything that includes horror characters.  We are the same ones who rent or download b grade movies.  Because we ARE real fans.  We've lived through the hatchet movies, through nightmare part 2, Halloween resurrection, jgth, chud, killer clowns, etc.  That response doesn't reflect a true horror fan at all. 

OMFG!!! Killer Klowns From Outer Space!!!  The Entity is from Eight Legged Freaks...hehe

I have them both on my DVR and will NEVER delete them!  That would make another great killer on DBD, as would Pumpkin Head. ;)

P.S.  Sony did an awesome job with the privacy settings on the PS4, and I never get hate messages.  I only get messages from Friends, and Friends of Friends.

42 minutes ago, Kaelum said:

OMFG!!! Killer Klowns From Outer Space!!!  The Entity is from Eight Legged Freaks...hehe

I have them both on my DVR and will NEVER delete them!  That would make another great killer on DBD, as would Pumpkin Head. ;)

P.S.  Sony did an awesome job with the privacy settings on the PS4, and I never get hate messages.  I only get messages from Friends, and Friends of Friends.

I could really see pinhead fitting in real well in DbD.  I think he'd be pretty awesome.  Pumpkinhead would be cool as well.  

5 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

You mean technical quality, such as glitches, etc?

I find the graphical quality to be equal. I give the nod to Jason (of course for the beautiful accuracy). DbD feels slightly more cartoonish.

I also like the animations of F13 over DbD. It doesn't feel like motion capture with DbD, it feels programmed.

Music also goes to F13.

The sound design is equal. 

The atmosphere (audio-wise) is equal but I feel like F13 needs some fine tuning.

Yep, the technical aspects were what I was referring to in my original post. :)

There are some things that F13 does that I enjoy better (the rain on any F13 map looks much better than DBD's Red Forest), but most of them seem to come with a drawback (Red Forest doesn't give me a performance decrease, whereas it's extremely noticeable with rain active in F13). Friday's animations do appeal to me more, (sorry, Moris that aren't the Hag's) but half of the time they glitch out and lose the intended effect.

Primarily, I rate Dead by Daylight as the higher quality game because of it's drastically reduced amount and severity of glitches compared to F13. The car, an entire victory condition, glitching out and becoming unusable after bumping into a pebble is just flat out unacceptable.

Played DbD for the first time tonight and had a blast. I can actually play as the killer when I want to, I can leave the match as soon as I’m killed to actually PLAY THE GAME; instead of watching people hide under a bed for ten minutes. 

Also, @GunMedia_Ben, you guys should do something about the poll results with this new forum theme. You can barely read it. 

14 hours ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

I was gunna say something but I decided to let it go. Not worth arguing. I don’t think a lot of people on here have gotten that far into DbD. Some of the instant kills are pretty badass! 

12 hours ago, Impuhlsively said:

I didn’t even think of that. The music playing and seeing him on the minimap does make things a lot less scary. With the new update they should drop that stuff out, Jason is a joke at the moment so taking away the music and his location on the minimap would at least help a little.

6 hours ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

I could really see pinhead fitting in real well in DbD.  I think he'd be pretty awesome.  Pumpkinhead would be cool as well.  

Hell yeah! If I had any more likes to use I would have. 

1 hour ago, TestedTwice said:

@GunMedia_Ben, you guys should do something about the poll results with this new forum theme. You can barely read it. 

Agreed! I can’t see shit! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DarkRicochet117 said:

I didn’t even think of that. The music playing and seeing him on the minimap does make things a lot less scary. With the new update they should drop that stuff out, Jason is a joke at the moment so taking away the music and his location on the minimap would at least help a

You are not the first to state this, only the most recent. I'm amazed that everybody acts as if DBD had no Audio and visual clues  (heartbeat, red light, and yes, even music).

1 hour ago, Thor_Bjarnason said:

You are not the first to state this, only the most recent. I'm amazed that everybody acts as if DBD had no Audio and visual clues  (heartbeat, red light, and yes, even music).

Right but DbD is subtle. F13 sounds like an actual orchestra is following Jason around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DarkRicochet117 said:

Right but DbD is subtle. F13 sounds like an actual orchestra is following Jason around.

I've been saying this for a while now.  Get rid of the music, replace it with his heavy ass breathing. Nothing less frightening than Jason and his band of merry men following him through the woods.  

• Like 2