Dead by Daylight might be cool for what it is. It certainly doesn't interest me. But once they started introducing real horror villains, that's where I get lost. 

Freddy is No.1 for me...the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be. I have DbD and I play it rarely only as Freddy. It's not very satisfying. On top of that there's the stupid crab alien in the sky that all those awesome killers (Myers, Leather, Freddy) work for. 

It's like seeing a transvestite in the distance. You think it's a hot girl, but then when u get close u realize it's just Dead By Daylight

• Like 2

I voted both. A while ago I would have said F13 but my friends have bee making em return to the DbD community. I've played both games since beta and I love them a lot with 700 hours in DbD and being level 101 in F13. However I'd say DbD is so much more toxic than this game/community.

Never played Dead by Daylight. But considering that The Entity kills the Survivors in Dead by Daylight and Jason kills the councilors in Friday the 13th The Game. It dosen't matter if you have a contract with New Line when your killers do no killing. 

I play both games, and I think both games are both on the same level of good. 

What I kinda like more about DbD is that there's a Prestige System so that you have a reason to keep playing the game, with FT13th, once you hit 101, you just about done everything you can for the game.

• Like 1

The only thing DbD and f13 have in common is a killer hunting survivors. Outside of that, there's really nothing in common.

They're both good games though.

• Like 2

Both games have balance issues in their current state. Any popular DbD streamer on Twitch can be found complaining about how easy it is for all 4 survivors to rush generators and escape without ever being seen by the killer. Objectives are easier on DbD and the game itself is much more competitive. The game drives my anxiety up a wall because I'm always worried about pipping up from a round and less focused on enjoying the gameplay. The only massive upside to DbD is the varied roster of killers. 

F13 is much more casual and has varied objectives. There is much less diversity in killer (clearly), but each Jason plays differently. F13 clearly ramps up differently too. It takes longer to complete objectives and requires cooperation to get the largest number of survivors to escape, but there are also crescendo points in which the game can hit that climactic moment during a chase that I don't feel playing DbD. Clearly there are some balance issues in F13 as well, but no game is perfect. 

That said, if I had to choose one, it would be F13. 

• Like 1

Never played dbd but from gameplay I seen of others streaming it the game looks boring as all u do is fix generators and only way to die is being put on a hook 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

I have both. I play both. I enjoy both. I’m sick of people comparing the 2. They are completely different games. Stop comparing them. Have fun. 

This exactly. I like both and both are different. But I will say they have been nerfing the killers and catering to the survivors over the killers. They are taking the survival out of survival horror.

1 hour ago, Davidt said:

Never played dbd but from gameplay I seen of others streaming it the game looks boring as all u do is fix generators and only way to die is being put on a hook 

There are other ways to kill. insta kill, you can damage them and they can bleed out. you can trick them into killing them selves with traps.

But all this does is incite the toxic survivor comunity they have over there

I voted both.

Dead by Daylight's great, I enjoy the pace of the matches and I like the concept of the Entity, limbo and the environmental parameters they created for their story and game. Having horror icons in the game is icing on the cake.

Friday the 13th hasn't reached it's potential but there's still time to turn it around. With the right group, the game is fun despite it's clunkiness, etc. As Jason this evening, someone in the group was glitched (frozen in place) so I grabbed them and let them run away. Right now the game works best with the unwritten rules of decency and fairness with a good group of decent people. Quick play is another story...

TLDR at bottom to skip this wall im about to drop.

I have both, i play DbD ALOT. I rarely play F13 anymore, the bugs and the constant issues turned me away. F13 has zero immersion for me either. I never feel tense or like i need to try to do anything in F13. The dancing emotes combined with how easy it is to survive as a counselor just make the whole game seem like a cartoon. 

DbD has an awsome perk system as well as specific survivor perks that can only be obtained by leveling multiple characters. To achieve the build you want on a specific character you gotta level multiple people. It gives it a high ceiling to continually play. You can use anyone you want but you spend your experience on anyone you want, killers included.

Furthermore, its actually a challenge to escape a killer. You can only pallet loop for so long before your dead. That an you can actually make use of skill to live even when the killer finds you in the first minute of the game. In F13 if you dont have the items to survive a tunneling Jason will get you 90% of the time. Yes you can window loop, an yes if they waste that much time their letting others get things done. But theres no stress to letting people escape, all you get is less xp. In DbD if you only kill 1 person you lose a rank.

On the flip side, it takes alot of skill to kill all 4 survivors when they know what their doing. It becomes a struggle of who can outsmart and outmaneuver the other. Its easy to get one guy on a hook an then wait till they die, but to hook them all multiple times, wanting their teammates to rescue them so you can capitalize on there endurance at the end an steal a 4k when all 4 gens are done is a feeling i can never find in F13.

And that brings me to the biggest difference, DbD is competitive in nature an F13 is not, yes you can play it competitively but not all 8 players are competing, an when they are the match goes the same every round. Both sides of DbD have the same chance of victory. F13 is trying to do that but then everyone wants Jason to be the unstoppable inescapable killer he is portrayed to be. An the more "balanced" they make the game the less tense it becomes. An now the game is a fun walk in a film accurate made map with a humbled killer coming after you.

Both games are horror survival games but that is just about all they have in common. An seeing how this thread is on a F13 forum im not surprised by the opinions i read here. 

But thats the thing. They're all opinions. Everyone has different things they like an dont like. No ones opinion makes either game better or worse then the other. Its just what you prefer.

I prefer being a survivor over a counselor and i prefer being a killer over Jason. Granted, Jason is an will always be my hands down favorite movie slasher of all time, i just cant FEEL it when i play his game. An that is why i voted DbD if i had to pick 1. 

I love both of these games an ive yet to unload F13 from my hard drive, but until i see something to bring me back i just continue to support an love F13 from afar. I dont regret my purchase an i miss the game sorely. But 2 matches a month an im fed up. 

TLDR:

In my opinion DbD is the more fun game for me. F13 is too forgiving an all around not immersive enough for me. I love them both an they have almost nothing on common aside from genre.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, B0bZomb1e said:

TLDR at bottom to skip this wall im about to drop.

I have both, i play DbD ALOT. I rarely play F13 anymore, the bugs and the constant issues turned me away. F13 has zero immersion for me either. I never feel tense or like i need to try to do anything in F13. The dancing emotes combined with how easy it is to survive as a counselor just make the whole game seem like a cartoon. 

DbD has an awsome perk system as well as specific survivor perks that can only be obtained by leveling multiple characters. To achieve the build you want on a specific character you gotta level multiple people. It gives it a high ceiling to continually play. You can use anyone you want but you spend your experience on anyone you want, killers included.

Furthermore, its actually a challenge to escape a killer. You can only pallet loop for so long before your dead. That an you can actually make use of skill to live even when the killer finds you in the first minute of the game. In F13 if you dont have the items to survive a tunneling Jason will get you 90% of the time. Yes you can window loop, an yes if they waste that much time their letting others get things done. But theres no stress to letting people escape, all you get is less xp. In DbD if you only kill 1 person you lose a rank.

On the flip side, it takes alot of skill to kill all 4 survivors when they know what their doing. It becomes a struggle of who can outsmart and outmaneuver the other. Its easy to get one guy on a hook an then wait till they die, but to hook them all multiple times, wanting their teammates to rescue them so you can capitalize on there endurance at the end an steal a 4k when all 4 gens are done is a feeling i can never find in F13.

And that brings me to the biggest difference, DbD is competitive in nature an F13 is not, yes you can play it competitively but not all 8 players are competing, an when they are the match goes the same every round. Both sides of DbD have the same chance of victory. F13 is trying to do that but then everyone wants Jason to be the unstoppable inescapable killer he is portrayed to be. An the more "balanced" they make the game the less tense it becomes. An now the game is a fun walk in a film accurate made map with a humbled killer coming after you.

Both games are horror survival games but that is just about all they have in common. An seeing how this thread is on a F13 forum im not surprised by the opinions i read here. 

But thats the thing. They're all opinions. Everyone has different things they like an dont like. No ones opinion makes either game better or worse then the other. Its just what you prefer.

I prefer being a survivor over a counselor and i prefer being a killer over Jason. Granted, Jason is an will always be my hands down favorite movie slasher of all time, i just cant FEEL it when i play his game. An that is why i voted DbD if i had to pick 1. 

I love both of these games an ive yet to unload F13 from my hard drive, but until i see something to bring me back i just continue to support an love F13 from afar. I dont regret my purchase an i miss the game sorely. But 2 matches a month an im fed up. 

TLDR:

In my opinion DbD is the more fun game for me. F13 is too forgiving an all around not immersive enough for me. I love them both an they have almost nothing on common aside from genre.

All of this is good points. But I am doing the opposite the comunity over at Dead By Daylight have driven me to play Friday the 13th much more. The comunity here is less toxic and can be fun. Hell even some of the game talkers can be funny as hell. good stuff. 

Over at Dead by daylight you get death threats, told to kill your self, hundreds of reports trying to get you banned because you played the game and acted like a killer. everything you do in dead by daylight is almopst always taken personally.  It is very, Very toxic. and I love Chaos but it's to much for me. 

I get friend requests every game I play on Friday but i get mostly hate and reported on Dead. And the devs and comunity mods mostly just ignore it.

Dead is fun as hell but the players detract from that. 

Friday can be way more fun as I have said in game If i genuinely scare people i'm all good even if I don't get kills. The best comment I got from either game was You scared the shit out of me super spooky. 

Friday does need to be more survial horror than it is. But I have fun with it. 

Tea bagging duesh nozzels are active in both games tho that sucks  but is what it is. 

30 minutes ago, mrhyde138 said:

All of this is good points. But I am doing the opposite the comunity over at Dead By Daylight have driven me to play Friday the 13th much more. The comunity here is less toxic and can be fun. Hell even some of the game talkers can be funny as hell. good stuff. 

Over at Dead by daylight you get death threats, told to kill your self, hundreds of reports trying to get you banned because you played the game and acted like a killer. everything you do in dead by daylight is almopst always taken personally.  It is very, Very toxic. and I love Chaos but it's to much for me. 

I get friend requests every game I play on Friday but i get mostly hate and reported on Dead. And the devs and comunity mods mostly just ignore it.

Dead is fun as hell but the players detract from that. 

Friday can be way more fun as I have said in game If i genuinely scare people i'm all good even if I don't get kills. The best comment I got from either game was You scared the shit out of me super spooky. 

Friday does need to be more survial horror than it is. But I have fun with it. 

Tea bagging duesh nozzels are active in both games tho that sucks  but is what it is. 

I will agree with you on the toxicity (of our city) of the DbD community, but i have thick skin an those hate comments do little but make me laugh.

The fake banning issue is really only on the xbox version (the one i have) from what ive seen on reddit. An that's entirely Microsoft's fault for not doing any real work with there "reputation system" an making it the most abusable POS it cld be.

The hate aside Dead by Daylight is a great game. At the lower levels of gameplay it just seems like a generator fixing simulator, but above rank 12ish (id say) it starts becoming a mind game of cat n mouse.

I recommend it to any an all who are fans of horror surviving genres of games. 

2 minutes ago, B0bZomb1e said:

I will agree with you on the toxicity (of our city) of the DbD community, but i have thick skin an those hate comments do little but make me laugh.

The fake banning issue is really only on the xbox version (the one i have) from what ive seen on reddit. An that's entirely Microsoft's fault for not doing any real work with there "reputation system" an making it the most abusable POS it cld be.

The hate aside Dead by Daylight is a great game. At the lower levels of gameplay it just seems like a generator fixing simulator, but above rank 12ish (id say) it starts becoming a mind game of cat n mouse.

I recommend it to any an all who are fans of horror surviving genres of games. 

i'm on pc and it happens on steam a lot the reporting it is just handled better than microsoft. but we get reported all the time too. it just goes no where because they are not bannable offences.

This is an interesting topic and one i considered posting myself. I think a lot of it is how close you are prepared to look. On the surface dbd looks simple and with little depth and gameplay to f13. This isn't true, dbd really gives you the chance as survivors/killers to customise them as You want too. To put it in context, The different jasons are stronger/weaker in some areas but essentially all operate the same. They all have traps, shifts, stalk etc etc some are just better than others with one or another of these abilities. Dead by daylight however. Its killers are really far more different. Only one has traps, only one can throw, only one can stalk. You can see where i am going.

What friday does better than dbd i think is give the purer slasher experience. It is so often more satisfying having fridays many kills over dbd's 1 or 2 on offer. 

There was a time that i would choose friday over dbd everytime only leaning to dbd when servers on friday were being particularly bad. 

Of course as already stated the community on dbd is far worse..i have had the "i hope you and your family die" message post match. My sin was to watch him die on his hook after the gate was open and they had all but won anyway. This is a massive put off from dbd. The learning curve is bloody hard on dbd or im just really bad. I played for seemingly ages before i got my first 4 k match. Finding survivors is hard enough, catching them harder and then putting them down not once either but a couple of times. Really dbd can be so frustrating from a gameplay "what am i doing wrong" pov, while friday will most often iritate because of its poor servers or host/jasons quittings all the time.

Personally i rate friday better as the better game. It is for all its faults generally a more fun experience but dbd shouldn't be disregarded even more so recently as its using licensed killers to give itself more of an edge against its most obvious rival f13th...

I am already enticed and watching dbd for freddys official psn release date.

16 hours ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

I agree. I never use the killer. Being a survivor is WAY more fun and intense. Ironic, because I bought the game to play as the badass killers. 

HA. I did the same, I mean the selection of Killers is pretty cool and I honestly got it to be Myers, but I just didn't like the clunky first person POV of the game. I know we went over why they did it, I just wish they gave an option for 3rd per POV.

I may pick it back up and try again.. shrug.

@Vassago Today's the day- Freddy DLC will be up when your store updates.

@B0bZomb1e I've heard about the reporting issue on XBox. I play on PS4 and get the occasional nasty message but just block and report (if it's reportable). 

• Like 2

I play both and prefer the complexities of F13 over the simplistic approach that DbD takes.  The occasional troll and toxic player is annoying, but that's what the mute feature is for. 

15 hours ago, Daminus said:

I play both games, and I think both games are both on the same level of good. 

What I kinda like more about DbD is that there's a Prestige System so that you have a reason to keep playing the game, with FT13th, once you hit 101, you just about done everything you can for the game.

Prestige is ultimately pointless as well. So you prestige and then what? You start all over reobtaining the same max level perks you already had? It's entirely artificial progression. Then you have a pointless ranking system on top of that. It's full of artificial progression.

14 hours ago, BoxingRouge said:

If you want a challenge to survive play DBD if you want to take the easy route play F13.

That's pretty funny considering how weak killers are on DbD. The survivors can literally run circles around you and just hook and/or gen rush for easy wins. I think you're just butt hurt about something on F13 and not seeing things objectively.

If it wasn't obvious I don't like DbD and I really tried, but when you take into account the awful matchmaking that pits newbs against kitted out survivors/killers based solely on an arbitrary ranking system that doesn't even reset characters when reset, The fact that killers are weak like baby farts and the fact that the objective for survivors is just basic as fuck and I found it quite boring. There's nothing intense about it when you know your team just needs to rush the hook to get you down. I find Jason much more intense to play against since if he gets his hands on me I'm more than likely toast. I prefer my killers to have teeth and not be neutered slaves to some ridiculous entity.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2017 at 11:01 AM, DarkRicochet117 said:

Freddy Krueger has been announced as a new Killer in Dead by Daylight, and with Micheal Myers and Leatherface also in the game it’s getting harder and harder not to compare these two titles. The horror movie icons have moved out of film and into our video games, and I couldn’t be more happy about it. 

So It’s a simple question, which game do you prefer and why?

Also open to honest discussions as to why either game is better than the other or why you prefer one over the other. Lastly, what could either game learn from the other?

In my opinion, DbD has the balance issue down. Whereas F13 keeps messing up the game balance with every update. Yet, F13 at times seems a lot more fun to play and has more to do when you’re playing as a counselor. You can actually fight back against Jason if you know what you’re doing. In DbD you really don’t stand a chance against the Killer once they have you. The community is the biggest difference here in my opinion. F13 is filled to the brim with trolls and other toxic players, DbD has a pretty good system set up to discourage and eliminate that kind of behavior.

dbd is to BORING

• Like 1

I will say this. With just my short time with DBD, I really do enjoy it. But it truly does have the most disgusting, toxic, piece of shit community I’ve ever encountered. I’ve never had to block so many people before getting this game. 

2 hours ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

I will say this. With just my short time with DBD, I really do enjoy it. But it truly does have the most disgusting, toxic, piece of shit community I’ve ever encountered. I’ve never had to block so many people before getting this game. 

This is so, so very true. For all the shennanigans on friday the 13th it has nothing on the dbd communities toxicity.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BoxingRouge said:

If you want a challenge to survive play DBD if you want to take the easy route play F13.

Man... I sure hope they reinstate Jason's old grab. The game was perfect... and they had to screw it up!

• Like 2