DbD vs F13   98 members have voted

1. 1. DbD vs F13

• Dead by Daylight
    • Friday the 13th
    • Both!
    • Neither.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

64 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, DEATH said:

That's pretty funny considering how weak killers are on DbD. The survivors can literally run circles around you and just hook and/or gen rush for easy wins. I think you're just butt hurt about something on F13 and not seeing things objectively.

I'm not butt hurt, I'm just stating my own opinion:)

@DEATH If I'm not mistaken, I think Boxing tried to give the recent patch a chance.

It just sucks.

It is literally a game-destroying update, as it uproots everything that made F13 special.

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Vassago said:

This is so, so very true. For all the shennanigans on friday the 13th it has nothing on the dbd communities toxicity.

I have yet to play a single match in DBD where someone doesn’t send me a shit talking message. Seriously. Every match ends with me blocking someone. 

Play what you want.  Like what you want.  But you can't deny that the OP is right.  Gun has dropped the ball more times then I care to even think about.  Yeah, it's growing pains or it's a lack of staff or whatever excuse that happens  (ie Act of Nature).  Gun needs to take that huge amount of money that they made off of kickstarter and off the clothing packs dlc and the killer pack dlc and hire more help...unless their saving all this for Friday the 13th: The Game PART 2??!!

On 11/8/2017 at 3:17 PM, WashingtonJones said:

It's like seeing a transvestite in the distance. You think it's a hot girl, but then when u get close u realize it's just Dead By Daylight

Lmfao.

On 11/8/2017 at 6:18 PM, TangledHelix said:

I voted both. A while ago I would have said F13 but my friends have bee making em return to the DbD community.

However I'd say DbD is so much more toxic than this game/community.

On 11/9/2017 at 1:27 AM, mrhyde138 said:

...But all this does is incite the toxic survivor comunity they have over there

On 11/9/2017 at 3:00 AM, mrhyde138 said:

All of this is good points. But I am doing the opposite the comunity over at Dead By Daylight have driven me to play Friday the 13th much more. The comunity here is less toxic and can be fun. Hell even some of the game talkers can be funny as hell. good stuff. 

Over at Dead by daylight you get death threats, told to kill your self, hundreds of reports trying to get you banned because you played the game and acted like a killer. everything you do in dead by daylight is almopst always taken personally.  It is very, Very toxic. and I love Chaos but it's to much for me.

That’s weird cuz I’ve never gotten any weird or rude messages on PS4. I have had some really bad experiences in F13 so I just thought it was worse in F13. I guess it’s all circumstantial. 

21 hours ago, Dapper Dragon said:

I play both and prefer the complexities of F13 over the simplistic approach that DbD takes.  The occasional troll and toxic player is annoying, but that's what the mute feature is for.

See at least DbD has a report feature. In F13 it just feels like the trolls get away with their bs. Wen I play with a jerk in DbD I feel better cuz I can at least report them. Wether or not it actually does anything I don’t know but I’d hope so. 

18 hours ago, DEATH said:

...pretty funny considering how weak killers are on DbD. The survivors can literally run circles around you and just hook and/or gen rush for easy wins. I think you're just butt hurt about something on F13 and not seeing things objectively.

If it wasn't obvious I don't like DbD and I really tried. The fact that killers are weak like baby farts and the fact that the objective for survivors is just basic as fuck and I found it quite boring. There's nothing intense about it when you know your team just needs to rush the hook to get you down. I find Jason much more intense to play against since if he gets his hands on me I'm more than likely toast. I prefer my killers to have teeth and not be neutered slaves to some ridiculous entity.

You sound butt hurt too. Seems like you’re pissed off cuz you suck at DbD. I don’t know about the killers being weak. It’s a matter of skill. I’ve played against some ridiculously good killers but when I play as a Killer I lose so badly. I get my ass handed to me. So again, it’s probably cuz you suck.

@DarkRicochet117 you can report F13 trolls and jerks also. not ingame tough. jasonkillsbugs.com and that fearthegun email. not sure how it is exactly right now.

1 minute ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@DarkRicochet117 you can report F13 trolls and jerks also. not ingame tough. jasonkillsbugs.com and that fearthegun email. not sure how it is exactly right now.

Right. I don’t have time to jump on a website to report someone. Idc that much. It’s more of a in the moment thing. Ya kno? I need an in game reporting system. It’s just a more immediate solution. 

1 person likes this

I think both are fun games. DbD keeps me less interested just because of the objectives in game and lack of communication factor. I also prefer the kills in Friday. They both have one basic slash maneuver, which is boring, but at least with Jason we can always grab and execute instead of needing special items.

Db D has the killer factor though. 3 icons and I can choose to play all killer or all survivor whenever I want. I much prefer the level progression system in DbD. Don't forget daily challenges. These dncourage players to play out of their comfort zone and try new characters or go for different objectives. DbD runs smoother and doesn't have nearly the amount of bugs and glitches. I feel as though DbD is more balanced. I fear thr killer im DbD, unlike Friday where i feel comfortable in buying my team a few minutes by turning myself into a carrot.

Overall, I enjoy the game of Friday more. Keeps me more interested with the objectives, but certain gameplay factors have me playing more DbD lately.

1 person likes this

While I think F13 loses out on some of its potential, it does manage to bring across a Friday vibe. I honestly think the maps do a great job portraying the scenery from the movies. The music and sound effects are amazing. Granted, it's more in the vein of campy Pt 6 onward Friday, but those are the parts that made me like the series. Also, I'm a clumsy enough gamer to still get murdered easily. I don't mind the often criticized clothing packs, they seem totally in line with the campyness of the movies.

DbD has cool killer concepts, but I feel practically no difference in playing. Maybe this could be different if I took more time playing / learning and progressing the killers. I have never felt the urge to do that though, while I somehow get hooked by F13 faux progession. The "play killer only" option is nice, but I could see it being trouble in Friday.

Never experienced any toxicity in DbD, but I have been hookcamped more often into oblivion which was fair game, but also a somewhat annoying experience. F13 has been worse for me (PS 4 player) in that regard. People still try to TK, people exploit glitches or serve you on a silver platter for Jason via car. It's still more of an exception to the rule, though. Despite being a 99.9% quickplay guy, I still enjoy the game very much.

I enjoy F13 a lot more than DbD, wouldn't call any of the two a bad game though.

Well, I figured this poll would be pro F13.

I've never played DBD and I never had the desire to.  I've only seen it played by friends at a friends house back when it was only available on Steam months and months ago.

The gameplay just seemed boring and too simple.  Never pulled me in.  It just looked like a simple game to me.  You can't even fight back as a survivor.  And what the hell is up with those hooks?  Just seems really lame and boring how everyone dies the same way.

F13 has a wider variety of kills, bigger, more immersive maps, more variety, more ways to escape, just looks better overall.

I will say that DBD has a better variety of killers and special, unique abilities.

Can you imagine how great this game could have been if the creators of this game would have gotten the rights to just the 2009 remake Jason, and had him run around just showing his machete. And instead of letting him kill anybody at all, just let him put the counselors on a hook. That would have been pure genius. LOL. But NOOOO. Along comes a group of guys that truly love the Friday the 13th franchise and give us the best slasher game of all time. How dare they. LOL. We have almost every Jason from the series motion captured by Kane Hodder, almost all the kills from the movies, the music from the movies and the maps from the movies. And counselors that can actually fight back against Jason. I know DBD fans, how dare this game allow you to have a fighting chance against Jason. They should have stuck with the old flashlight to the eyes magic that works so well in DBD. Remember in the movies when the flashlight saved all the counselors lives, ME NEITHER. GUN MEDIA and ILLFONIC have done a hell of a job with this game. I  applaud you. Even with the bugs. If I started this game up and just stood in a cabin for 20 minutes, it would be more fun than playing DBD. Plus, look at all the new content on the way. New Jasons, new maps, new kills and a new game mode. All of this is going to make this great game even better. So, in the end, all you DBD fanboys that keep showing up on a F13 forum talking crap, stay away and go use your flashlights to keep Robert Englund away. OH WAIT, you didn't get the rights to him did you?

3 people like this

I've only watched videos for DBD. 

It may have horror icons but stick them in their own games with maps taken from the films and I'd be interested, as it is, all seems a bit odd looking and doesn't do it for me.  

On 11/11/2017 at 9:06 AM, humerabi said:

Can you imagine how great this game could have been if the creators of this game would have gotten the rights to just the 2009 remake Jason, and had him run around just showing his machete. And instead of letting him kill anybody at all, just let him put the counselors on a hook. That would have been pure genius. LOL. But NOOOO. Along comes a group of guys that truly love the Friday the 13th franchise and give us the best slasher game of all time. How dare they. LOL. We have almost every Jason from the series motion captured by Kane Hodder, almost all the kills from the movies, the music from the movies and the maps from the movies. And counselors that can actually fight back against Jason. I know DBD fans, how dare this game allow you to have a fighting chance against Jason. They should have stuck with the old flashlight to the eyes magic that works so well in DBD. Remember in the movies when the flashlight saved all the counselors lives, ME NEITHER. GUN MEDIA and ILLFONIC have done a hell of a job with this game. I  applaud you. Even with the bugs. If I started this game up and just stood in a cabin for 20 minutes, it would be more fun than playing DBD. Plus, look at all the new content on the way. New Jasons, new maps, new kills and a new game mode. All of this is going to make this great game even better. So, in the end, all you DBD fanboys that keep showing up on a F13 forum talking crap, stay away and go use your flashlights to keep Robert Englund away. OH WAIT, you didn't get the rights to him did you?

Lmao, calm down little guy. Your “passion” is annoying. I agree with a lot of your points but you’re also clearly ignoring a lot of what makes DbD fun and not acknowledging anything that previous comments have discussed.

As much fun as F13 can be, it can also be infuriating what with its glitches, trolls, connection issues, etc. One thing DbD has that F13 doesn’t is a cool system in place to keep the game fair, for example: it’s almost impossible to find a game where someone is WORKING WITH THE KILLER but in F13 it’s almost every other match where you have trolls teaming up with Jason. 

Needless to say this isn’t a thread about DbD fanboys and even if it was so what? You’re obviously a fanboy too, but I think it’s cool to be a fanboy. However, it’s not cool to be an ignorant, ranting, one sided fanboy. Contrary to popular belief, you ARE capable of enjoying more than ONE thing. You see, if you pay attention there is a poll at the top of the page asking which game people like better, and one if the options is BOTH.

If you don’t like both that’s fine, if you like F13 that’s fine. It’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it. Just be a smart fanboy and acknowledge the competition’s positive qualities and be aware that the things you like may not be perfect. Simple really. DbD is a fun experience, and F13 is too. You should try and be more positive and less combative.

I’m just a fan of the slasher 80’s movies and it’s fun to see ALL the horror icons come to life in video games. I like OG Freddy but I’m also glad he’s not gunna be in DbD cuz Freddy talks a lot and I don’t know if his usual antics would translate well in-game. Plus, 2010 Freddy wasn’t all that bad. I like Jackie Earle Haley and he was an intimidating Freddy Krueger in my opinion.

2010 Freddy was also in Mortal Kombat(2011) and I thought that was pretty cool. Too bad Jason was in Mortal Kombat X though, it woulda been cool to have a Freddy vs Jason rematch!

2 people like this

On 2017-11-08 at 7:01 PM, PartVI_legend said:

It would be impossible to find a lobby with 7 counselors players, most of the players want to play nothing but Jay.

Double up the XP gain when playing as counselor and more players would choose that.