DbD vs F13   114 members have voted

1. 1. DbD vs F13

• Dead by Daylight
    • Friday the 13th
    • Both!
    • Neither.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

118 posts in this topic

Freddy Krueger has been announced as a new Killer in Dead by Daylight, and with Micheal Myers and Leatherface also in the game it’s getting harder and harder not to compare these two titles. The horror movie icons have moved out of film and into our video games, and I couldn’t be more happy about it. 

So It’s a simple question, which game do you prefer and why?

Also open to honest discussions as to why either game is better than the other or why you prefer one over the other. Lastly, what could either game learn from the other?

In my opinion, DbD has the balance issue down. Whereas F13 keeps messing up the game balance with every update. Yet, F13 at times seems a lot more fun to play and has more to do when you’re playing as a counselor. You can actually fight back against Jason if you know what you’re doing. In DbD you really don’t stand a chance against the Killer once they have you. The community is the biggest difference here in my opinion. F13 is filled to the brim with trolls and other toxic players, DbD has a pretty good system set up to discourage and eliminate that kind of behavior.

I only played DbD when it was free on xbox that one weekend. I thought it was alright but seemed too simple. I'm sure there's more to it than I caught on to. It just felt like a REALLY basic version of F13 without any items or weapons.

I'm still trying to like DbD. Okay, it's enjoyable sometimes, but I prefer F13. 

I've forced myself to play DBD..  I really wanted to like it.  But i just can't get into it.

F13th just feels more like a Friday the 13th game.  DBD feels like a weird game in a bad dream with bad maps..and cool killers.

10 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

I've forced myself to play DBD..  I really wanted to like it.  But i just can't get into it.

F13th just feels more like a Friday the 13th game.  DBD feels like a weird game in a bad dream with bad maps..and cool killers.

. . . and generators and hooks.

<_< 

2 people like this

4 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

<_< 

E x a c t l y. Boring. 

1 person likes this

It's more fun playing as survivors in DBD since it feels more challenging.

It used to be fun playing as counselors in F13 (which F13 forces you to play as 90% of the time), but now it's incredibly boring and Jason isn't scary or hard to deal with.

3 people like this

Well you're asking on a F13 forum page...

Still voted both tho.

2 people like this

14 minutes ago, Mr. Blonde said:

It's more fun playing as survivors in DBD since it feels more challenging.

It used to be fun playing as counselors in F13 (which F13 forces you to play as 90% of the time), but now it's incredibly boring and Jason isn't scary or hard to deal with.

Yeah definitely one thing F13 could learn from DbD is to give players the option of playing as Jason or as a Counselor.

12 minutes ago, DarkRicochet117 said:

Yeah definitely one thing F13 could learn from DbD is to give players the option of playing as Jason or as a Counselor.

It would be impossible to find a lobby with 7 counselors players, most of the players want to play nothing but Jay.

I have both. I play both. I enjoy both. I’m sick of people comparing the 2. They are completely different games. Stop comparing them. Have fun. 

4 people like this

4 minutes ago, PartVI_legend said:

It would be impossible to find a lobby with 7 counselors players, most of the players want to play nothing but Jay.

And yet we have all these posts saying people aren't playing the game or switch their preference to counselor because of the last patch... I don't think it would really be an issue.

1 person likes this

I love Dead by Daylight, but there's more variety in the gameplay on F13, plus much better designed maps. In DbD you basically just repair generators, get people off hooks, and run away from the killer.

In F13 you can search locations for items, repair, use weapons, drive vehicles, and run from the killer.

2 people like this

played both. DbD is boring, the same map over and over.. generator.. hooks.. can't do anything but, fix, hide and run. killer side of things, I hated the first person point of view, not sure why they did that and let the survivors be third person. So F13 clear wins based on the first person POV issue.

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, Punisher_2099 said:

played both. DbD is boring, the same map over and over.. generator.. hooks.. can't do anything but, fix, hide and run. killer side of things, I hated the first person point of view, not sure why they did that and let the survivors be third person. So F13 clear wins based on the first person POV issue.

They make the killer first person to give the survivors an advantage. Since the killer is so OP already. 

1 minute ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

They make the killer first person to give the survivors an advantage. Since the killer is so OP already. 

ah I see. Well not for me, I'll admit it. Once I saw that after the boring time I had with survivors, I stopped playing.

17 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

I have both. I play both. I enjoy both. I’m sick of people comparing the 2. They are completely different games. Stop comparing them. Have fun. 

Same here. I like the comparisons, i think competition is healthy and fun. They are very different games but are derived from the same slasher genre of film so it’s fair to compare. I still have fun with both games.

To This horror fan even with all of the issues F13 has had, it's still the best game on the market..and I like dbd but it's gets boring real fast.. and I would never pay $6.99 for the 2010 Freddy

Dead By Daylight is more enjoyable at the moment. At least they don’t nerf their killers when they think it’s necessary. 

2 minutes ago, BoxingRouge said:

Dead By Daylight is more enjoyable at the moment. At least they don’t nerf their killers when they think it’s necessary. 

they do there already talking about nerfing Freddy

1 person likes this

Both are fun.  I enjoy F13 more not only for Jason, but because it FEELS like a Friday the 13th film. The atmosphere is better. And i like being able to communicate with others in the game and lobby to work together, scream, laugh, etc. F13 has several ways to survive, win, escape, etc. The other game doesn’t. DbD is fun for what it is. Another chance to escape all sorts of random killers, including some of our horror movie favs. Which is cool seeing many different types. I think the perk system in DbD is better. The action is more arcade like then tensions filled ones in F13. Both games are actually quite a bit different. Both are fun. But overall, if i could only play one, it’s F13

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Punisher_2099 said:

ah I see. Well not for me, I'll admit it. Once I saw that after the boring time I had with survivors, I stopped playing.

I agree. I never use the killer. Being a survivor is WAY more fun and intense. Ironic, because I bought the game to play as the badass killers. 

2 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

I agree. I never use the killer. Being a survivor is WAY more fun and intense. Ironic, because I bought the game to play as the badass killers. 

Same here. I’ve been tempted to play as Michael Myers here and there but I just suck so bad when I play as a Killer. The first person perspective is what gets me, I don’t mind FPSs and such but in DbD it’s tough when you gotta be really observant and catch people. 

24 minutes ago, DarkRicochet117 said:

Same here. I’ve been tempted to play as Michael Myers here and there but I just suck so bad when I play as a Killer. The first person perspective is what gets me, I don’t mind FPSs and such but in DbD it’s tough when you gotta be really observant and catch people. 

Yeah. I agree. I get why they did it though. Need to handicap the killer somehow.  

Though I find DbD a little boring, I always have some jump scares while playing haha It's better than F13 in this aspect.