3 minutes ago, JPops said:

I'll admit, I'm guilty however I have done this pre-patch. It's generally when I haven't seen Jason all game and I want some fight back XP. I'm just dancing to kill some time not taunt you

Exactly. I completely disagreed with @lazerus_86 when I thought it was just about the emotes. When he added that the person was also talking a lot of shit I understood his reasoning behind the tk.

3 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Well to be honest that burden of boredom falls on Jason.  Its not the person dancing thats the issue.. Jason should be all over that player at that point.

Very good point, but many times you see people doing this it is against a newer Jason player.

I had parties by the cops way before the dancing emotes were introduced. I still have them. It's a game. That's what you do in games, you have fun. 

• Like 2

76WE9Mc.gif

I am guilty of this as well. I did it prepatch also. It is dumb behavior as we should just escape and end the match.

Often times if we are all at the end and grouped up I try to convince people we should try to kill Jason.

The dance emotes make it silly, but before it was teabagging the air. People will always do this in one form or another. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, lazerus_86 said:

And I can see that being fun, because it was a light hearted, organized event, not just trolling for the sake of trolling and trash talking. 

And I agree with you. We set up the dance party in the lobby before the match even started, and everyone was into it. No trolling involved.

23 minutes ago, Punisher_2099 said:

Sadly this happens and has happened to me when I first started playing. I wasn't paying attention, got into a lobby, came back after getting a drink.. heard everyone talking. I was being respectful waiting my turn to talk and I heard, "This guy is brand new, level 1, I bet he has no clue how to play Jason, I say if he is Jason, let's beat him down."

I understand people wanting to get their badges, but come on, a new player, level 1, gonna pick on him?

luckily I wasn't picked that match.. took a while before I got my first Jason match and to be honest, after what i've seen going on in public games, I set my spawn to counselor.

I remember when i bought it for Xbox.  I am level 55 on PS4, so i go into a room on XBox, and i'm level 1, naturally my very FIRST round, I'm Jason.  I overhear them saying "If its Lazerus lets kill him".  Well the match started, I planted a trap at my shack for alert purposes,  the match continues on.  Suddenly i hear "They aer coming for mommy" so i go there, and find a Jenny with the sweater, I trap them in the house by standing in the door way, making them have to retreat back further in, i chase them down, slash several times, and attempt to make her use the sweater there, but she wouldn' so i hacked her to death (as much as i hate slash/hackers).  and i see a pocket knife drop fro her body.  AT the end of the match, i go 6/8 (2 escaped by car). And the sweater girl said "noob why did you hack me to death).  I went "I am over level 50 on playstation, i heard you all wanted to kill me, and I KNEW you had a pocket knife, so it was either die by slashes, or be forced to use the sweater, either way, I wasn't going to die this match" ....royally pissed off sweater girl, and a lobby learned, don't judge someone just because their level says "1"

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, lazerus_86 said:

I remember when i bought it for Xbox.  I am level 55 on PS4, so i go into a room on XBox, and i'm level 1, naturally my very FIRST round, I'm Jason.  I overhear them saying "If its Lazerus lets kill him".  Well the match started, I planted a trap at my shack for alert purposes,  the match continues on.  Suddenly i hear "They aer coming for mommy" so i go there, and find a Jenny with the sweater, I trap them in the house by standing in the door way, making them have to retreat back further in, i chase them down, slash several times, and attempt to make her use the sweater there, but she wouldn' so i hacked her to death (as much as i hate slash/hackers).  and i see a pocket knife drop fro her body.  AT the end of the match, i go 6/8 (2 escaped by car). And the sweater girl said "noob why did you hack me to death).  I went "I am over level 50 on playstation, i heard you all wanted to kill me, and I KNEW you had a pocket knife, so it was either die by slashes, or be forced to use the sweater, either way, I wasn't going to die this match" ....royally pissed off sweater girl, and a lobby learned, don't judge someone just because their level says "1"

How the fuck am I already out of likes today...?

This one made me laugh. I'll try to keep this example in mind next time I see a low level and expect an easy match.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lazerus_86 said:

big thanks and like to you my friend. hearing this made my day!

I agree about the trash talk part. During public matches I usually only speak in-game when necessary and I try to respect other people, because I don't know them and what's the point? I'm not a kid anymore. I always check the levels of the players before the match starts. When I'm facing a newbie Jason I try to mind my own business and escape when I have the chance, without the dance stuff and whatever. But when the Jason player is level 101 and I'm not the last survivor... Oh boy, let's just have some fun lol 

I always try to have a good time playing this game. When I'm Jason, I like to roleplay a fun killer. When I go to the phone box by the beginning of the match I always let the counselor live, like "Okay boy/girl, I'll give you one chance to escape. Just one. Don't waste it", then I go to the car and blah blah blah. 

I also like to play against funny Jasons. Yesterday I was playing as Jenny with her fairy princess costume and the Jason found me, then he said "Oh look at you, so young and pretty, a truly princess... You know what? I'm seeing Tommy near by so I'll give you one more chance" Yeah, that was fun. He was a nice Jason... But of course I ended up dead, because he asked me for a walk by the lake with him and I said no. lol (he chose 'the heartless' option to kill me btw)

My point is: I always try to have fun without calling people names or whatever. So, yes, I'll be dancing at the cops, but with respect. haha

The real life is serious enough guys, let's enjoy the games and have fun with it. 

Here's a song for you all: 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Barbara Ann said:

I had parties by the cops way before the dancing emotes were introduced. I still have them. It's a game. That's what you do in games, you have fun. 

its not fun for the ones who already escaped or died and have to sit there watching that shit when you can just leave so next round can start 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lazerus_86 said:

They want to troll? I will troll too.  They don't care about "others " experience, why should I?

Because going down that road will bring more toxic behavior. If you want to be that guy then I feel sorry for you but assuming that the 86 on your tag stands for your birth year by now you should know better and take the high road cause youre acting like a 12 year old. If you can't stand that "trolling" find a different server but  going in that direction only means that you are part of the same problem you are complaining about. And it's not like the guy was trying to kill you or anything because that's a whole different story.

The way I see it if the game mechanics allow you to dance and have a lifeline (Pocket knife) while standing on the cops then The devs should do something about it.  Even though Jason has been nerfed to the ground in latest patch, every single player on this game with 10 or 15 matches on their belt should know that 99% of the players who stand by the cops being retarded will have a pocket knife so why as Jason would you even grab them???? 

3 minutes ago, mojitodominic said:

Because going down that road will bring more toxic behavior. If you want to be that guy then I feel sorry for you but assuming that the 86 on your tag stands for your birth year by now you should know better and take the high road cause youre acting like a 12 year old. If you can't stand that "trolling" find a different server but  going in that direction only means that you are part of the same problem you are complaining about. And it's not like the guy was trying to kill you or anything because that's a whole different story.

That's how I felt about it until he said:

1 hour ago, lazerus_86 said:

Its not the dancing itself that "triggers" Me, its more the trash talk that goes with it, it is easy to trash talk someone when yo KNOW you can escape.  And for the people who are saying "you kiling them is ruining their eperience" did you ever think that getting trash talked and KNOWING that you can't do anything about it is Ruining Their experience? No...all you care about is your trash talk and dance party.  That is why I shoot them, hell I was playing with a new person last night, He was the last one left, never experienced the joy of escaping, so I let him get in the car and drive off.  A few rounds later, he was Jason, we had the cops called, I saw people dancing at the exit, so i knew what was going to happen, so i dropped my pocket knife and let him kill me, and sure enough those at the exit were dancing and they escaped.  Its all about how your treat the situation.

He didn't mention the shit talking initially but that (to me) explains why he went the tk route. I probably would've done the same. There's no reason to talk shit in this situation.

• Like 1

the dancing is weird, but if you took the dancing out and it was a bunch of people standing around at the cops looking out for each other, would people still be so angry?

4 minutes ago, CPLhicks31 said:

the dancing is weird, but if you took the dancing out and it was a bunch of people standing around at the cops looking out for each other, would people still be so angry?

Instead of dancing, Maybe somebody could find a packet of cigarettes in a drawer and pass them around the group to calm some nerves, the cigarette burns in real time.:D

3 minutes ago, kohagan said:

Instead of dancing, Maybe somebody could find a packet of cigarettes in a drawer and pass them around the group to calm some nerves, the cigarette burns in real time.:D

As long as I could put it out on Chad's face.

26 minutes ago, CPLhicks31 said:

Same thing dude, before the dancing there was the tea bagging so yeah... people will always find a way to taunt you within the game mechanics

i'll join the rest that say it's not a huge deal as long as you're not totally wasting everyone's time. if you're the last one left and the jason sucks, don't stand at the exit for 10 minutes until he finds you just so you can use your pocket knife or throw some crackers at him, just take off. the shit talking is an automatic TK if the option is available though.  

I'm totally fine with blowing time-wasting scum away even if it was just about the emotes.  Time wasters have no respect for anyone's time or enjoyment of the game, so take them out whenever possible I say.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, He's Killing Me said:

I'm totally fine with blowing time-wasting scum away even if it was just about the emotes.  Time wasters have no respect for anyone's time or enjoyment of the game, so take them out whenever possible I say.

Now what if they were only waiting to use a knife or firecrackers and decided to dance instead of stand there?

Thank you! I like the new emotes and stuff but I don't like how they're used by players. Before dlcs were added, everything actually felt like a Friday the 13th film. Even though there were a lot of bugs. But now the game feels like a joke... just another game crawling with kids and trolls.

The game is still great if you find the right match, but those are rare.

4 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

76WE9Mc.gif

I am guilty of this as well. I did it prepatch also. It is dumb behavior as we should just escape and end the match.

Often times if we are all at the end and grouped up I try to convince people we should try to kill Jason.

The dance emotes make it silly, but before it was teabagging the air. People will always do this in one form or another. 

This might be a little off topic, but I really couldn't imagine the Macho Man telling someone not to go crazy

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PrestonDelRey said:

Thank you! I like the new emotes and stuff but I don't like how they're used by players. Before dlcs were added, everything actually felt like a Friday the 13th film. Even though there were a lot of bugs. But now the game feels like a joke... just another game crawling with kids and trolls.

The game is still great if you find the right match, but those are rare.

So how do you propose using dance emotes in a multiplayer slasher game? It's only purpose is jokes, or trolling. 

They don't help with communication or any purpose to the game. Only for goofing off.

3 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

So how do you propose using dance emotes in a multiplayer slasher game? It's only purpose is jokes, or trolling. 

They don't help with communication or any purpose to the game. Only for goofing off.

They help with some communication if people would use them right.

18 minutes ago, PrestonDelRey said:

They help with some communication if people would use them right.

The dances? How?