34 minutes ago, PrestonDelRey said:

They help with some communication if people would use them right.

Dance emotes... help with communication...? Okay. BjZskrT.gif

Any elaboration here would be nice. I mean, other than "I am sick" by making them vomit... 

0PUXvMy.gif

rBa0Zj9.gif

He is saying Jason is coming...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Dance emotes... help with communication...? Okay. BjZskrT.gif

Any elaboration here would be nice. I mean, other than "I am sick" by making them vomit... 

0PUXvMy.gif

rBa0Zj9.gif

He is saying Jason is coming...

I meant the emotes meant for communication. I read you wrong. You don't have to be an ass.

I agree, we need to get rid of a lot of the nerfs. before the update i used to spectate and it would feel like an actual horror movie, but now, its gotten rid of that horror movie feel (which i'm pretty sure the devs reach for) I think we either need to get rid of dancing or get rid of the 10 pocket knife thing. I also like the idea of Jason being able to grab those who dance too close to him while he's down. Dancing is fun when people use it responsibly, but when given to the immature, the game becomes ruined

I’ve been doing some troll-esque behavior myself lately as a reaction to a lot of this. For instance, if I find the fuse now, I hold onto it and don’t put it in. This forces the players in my lobby to actually work to repair the car. I’ve noticed less car repair and more escaping by the police lately which annoys me as a counselor. I work hard to scavenge and put the car together and so often am one of two people in a full lobby even contributing to repairing. In my book, everyone needs to contribute or they don’t deserve to escape, they need to show they can survive since they want to play on their own. See, I changed my strategy as the game changes. Ok a side note, I’m grown tired of people dumping items next to the car instead of putting them in. I once appreciated this, but it’s now become a pile around a car and nobody wants to risk setting off a trap or even just putting the item in altogether. I see counselors with good or high repair avoiding repairing because of a single trap and counselors with low repair not even attempting. Get into the game people or pick another counselor sheesh. The games I end up playing always come down to the same people doing everything while the rest mooch off others work/risks so I’ve adapted. 

2 hours ago, PrestonDelRey said:

I meant the emotes meant for communication. I read you wrong. You don't have to be an ass.

Hahaha calm down butter cup. All in good fun. ?your hair looks nice

One day I'm hoping folks wrestle this game away from the kids (and adults) wanting to play dress up and use dance emotes and hopefully get it back on track as a horror survival game based on Friday the 13th...

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

One day I'm hoping folks wrestle this game away from the kids (and adults) wanting to play dress up and use dance emotes and hopefully get it back on track as a horror survival game based on Friday the 13th...

You and @lazerus_86 crack me up.

46 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

You and @lazerus_86 crack me up.

Why do they crack you up? Because they feel silly content takes away from the game being an intense and suspenseful experience like a horror game should be? They don't feel like," oh it's Act 3 in the movie, this rampaging lunatic is on the loose killing us off. Escape.... or costumed dance party?!?!" 

If this was a horror game based off the Exorcist or any other title, would you still be all about goofy protagonist dress up and dancing? 

1 hour ago, PrestonDelRey said:

No hard feelings. 

None here either. Sorry for being rude. Also, the first emotes of communication are great! Can be affective for players without mics, even players with mics to communicate get down and hide, be quiet, or an item location but can't talk because Jason is near. I get those totally.

Just now, TheHansonGoons said:

Why do they crack you up? Because they feel silly content takes away from the game being an intense and suspenseful experience like a horror game should be? They don't feel like," oh it's Act 3 in the movie, this rampaging lunatic is on the loose killing us off. Escape.... or costumed dance party?!?!" 

If this was a horror game based off the Exorcist or any other title, would you still be all about goofy protagonist dress up and dancing? 

None here either. Sorry for being rude. Also, the first emotes of communication are great! Can be affective for players without mics, even players with mics to communicate get down and hide, be quiet, or an item location but can't talk because Jason is near. I get those totally.

Great, that's what I meant lol. I thought the dancing emotes would be fun at first but I honestly regret spending $1.99 on them. They would be great for sandbox mode since I think gun media mentioned something about a role play mode.  But they take away the horror vibe in normal multiplayer.

6 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

No i love their angles and agree 100% it is the delivery and no fucks given approach that gets me laughing. I hate the dance emotes personally. And haven't bought a single clothing pack. I play it for friday the 13th not sims. Have missed @bewareofbears and he is back in full force!

• Like 2

I like the vomit and crying emotes from the newest pack. Playing as Deb, last person alive, no weapon, 5+ minutes left in the match, Jason chasing, and low on stamina. Hit the vomit emote followed by the crying one and let Jason finish me off so we can start another round. 

1 hour ago, jameson87 said:

No i love their angles and agree 100% it is the delivery and no fucks given approach that gets me laughing. I hate the dance emotes personally. And haven't bought a single clothing pack. I play it for friday the 13th not sims. Have missed @bewareofbears and he is back in full force!

Hahaha you are on point there! 

1 hour ago, PrestonDelRey said:

Great, that's what I meant lol. I thought the dancing emotes would be fun at first but I honestly regret spending $1.99 on them. They would be great for sandbox mode since I think gun media mentioned something about a role play mode.  But they take away the horror vibe in normal multiplayer.

I somewhat do regret it as well, especially the costume pack.  Although it was funny the one time I picked a guy up in kenny's cop costume and he asked what the fuck I was wearing. I think that may have been Bears, Heart, alder, or someone else from the group actually. 

But in all seriousness, I just think of buying the goofy crap as supporting the game to get future content. Namely maps and more kills as that is all I really need. It will be annoying to see costumes year round. 

• Like 1

Just now, TheHansonGoons said:

Hahaha you are on point there! 

I somewhat do regret it as well, especially the costume pack.  Although it was funny the one time I picked a guy up in Jenny's cop costume and he asked what the fuck I was wearing. I think that may have been Bears, Heart, alder, or someone else from the group actually. 

But in all seriousness, I just think of buying the goofy crap as supporting the game to get future content. Namely maps and more kills as that is all I really need. It will be annoying to see costumes year round. 

You earned a like and can see your reasoning in supporting content. Makes perfect sense. Just don't want to bog my ps4 down with dlc i will never use.

3 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I can see it now.  F13 Christmas Special.

The Men Dressed up as Santa

The girls dressed up as elves.

F13: new years edition

They run around wearing stupid hats with 1980 On top of them...and flare guns are replaced by party poppers.

The list will just go on and on.

LIke i said earlier its becoming more of "The Sims:Murder"  than friday the 13th.  Soon I can see Jason starting to get stupid outfits too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lazerus_86 said:

They run around wearing stupid hats with 1980 On top of them...and flare guns are replaced by party poppers.

LIke i said earlier its becoming more of "The Sims:Murder"  than friday the 13th.  Soon I can see Jason starting to get stupid outfits too.

Yes. And i have been arguing this point for months....it is killing the game for me too. Wish you had a clip of the ol' shotgun blast to a dancing chad. Would be internet gold.

1 minute ago, jameson87 said:

Yes. And i have been arguing this point for months....it is killing the game for me too. Wish you had a clip of the ol' shotgun blast to a dancing chad. Would be internet gold.

I do wish I clipped it, and I also wish I would of stopped and tea bagged him on the way out, like i said, troll, and get trolled. But I didn't i just walked out.  Trash talk all you want, but when you ignore the man with the gun and the fact that you are wasting everyones time screaming at Jason, calling him a noob, a bitch, and that he sucks...you deserve a barrel in the mouth.

Just now, lazerus_86 said:

I do wish I clipped it, and I also wish I would of stopped and tea bagged him on the way out, like i said, troll, and get trolled. But I didn't i just walked out.  Trash talk all you want, but when you ignore the man with the gun and the fact that you are wasting everyones time screaming at Jason, calling him a noob, a bitch, and that he sucks...you deserve a barrel in the mouth.

Out of likes for the day. But spot on 100%

25 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

25 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I somewhat do regret it as well, especially the costume pack.  Although it was funny the one time I picked a guy up in Jenny's cop costume and he asked what the fuck I was wearing. I think that may have been Bears, Heart, alder, or someone else from the group actually. 

Well yeah I agree. I'm happy to buy the DLCs to support the game. I wish they'd add some Friday the 13th related stuff, like actual counselor uniforms. 

There are so many kids playing this game with the physical release. I’m encountering more and more lobbies of LITTLE kids that just aren’t very good but are having fun. I know it’s annoying but some of yal need to chill with people having (too much) fun with the game. I’ve conceded that it’s not just hardcore  F13th fans that are playing the game anymore, it’s basically anybody slightly interested in horror and video games. Let them have fun and have your revenge when you’re Jason.

With all the new players, I’ve inadvertently entered an upper echelon of Jason players that are still killing (nearly) everyone each time. The past 6 times I was Jason nobody escaped and only 2 games did anyone just survive (once two people did by juking me with windows after I used all my traps) I started using Part 2 and trapping the phone just once, both cars twice, and saving a trap for wherever, usually a door to the phone house. I also turn all the power out before I start killing anyone. This has been the winning strategy I’ve adopted that keeps anyone from escaping. 

18 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

There are so many kids playing this game with the physical release. I’m encountering more and more lobbies of LITTLE kids that just aren’t very good but are having fun. I know it’s annoying but some of yal need to chill with people having (too much) fun with the game

As soon as I hear a voice that sounds per-pubescent I leave the lobby, Squeakers annoy me to no end.  They are 1)Most likely to sell out other players to Jason in exchange for their life.  2) End the game if they are host when they die 3) Try to team with Jason.  

I just have an overall bad experience playing with children.  I have been playing since launch, and never once have i said "I like that kid". It was just same story different games, so I quit playing with them entirely.

A few nights ago, I joined private lobby on Xbox, it crashed, so I joined another one..it timed out.  Finally I get into a lobby, and I hear a squeeker, I am like "I don't care at this point, I just want to play"  So anyway, i go into the match, i wind up dying.  Well anyways, I come back as Tommy.  I run to the group to make sure they are alright, we are standing discusssing strategy, and the squeeker (a deborah with a shotgun) turns and shoots me, and i hear him say 'i just wanted his pocket knife" so he killed me for my pocket knife, and took my shotgun and then winds up dying later.  So the next match I return the favor with a machete as Bugzy.  The next match, I return the favor again with a shotgun i found as Vanessa (I play random counselors) after the 2nd time, he starts complaining that "1 was enough" I told him,  "I am not risking you ruining other players experiences just because they have something you might want, i will take the -1000 experience each match to prevent that from happening"  he left shortly after, and it quickly reminded me of why I hate squeakers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lazerus_86 said:

As soon as I hear a voice that sounds per-pubescent I leave the lobby, Squeakers annoy me to no end.  They are 1)Most likely to sell out other players to Jason in exchange for their life.  2) End the game if they are host when they die 3) Try to team with Jason.  

I just have an overall bad experience playing with children.  I have been playing since launch, and never once have i said "I like that kid". It was just same story different games, so I quit playing with them entirely.

A few nights ago, I joined private lobby on Xbox, it crashed, so I joined another one..it timed out.  Finally I get into a lobby, and I hear a squeeker, I am like "I don't care at this point, I just want to play"  So anyway, i go into the match, i wind up dying.  Well anyways, I come back as Tommy.  I run to the group to make sure they are alright, we are standing discusssing strategy, and the squeeker (a deborah with a shotgun) turns and shoots me, and i hear him say 'i just wanted his pocket knife" so he killed me for my pocket knife, and took my shotgun and then winds up dying later.  So the next match I return the favor with a machete as Bugzy.  The next match, I return the favor again with a shotgun i found as Vanessa (I play random counselors) after the 2nd time, he starts complaining that "1 was enough" I told him,  "I am not risking you ruining other players experiences just because they have something you might want, i will take the -1000 experience each match to prevent that from happening"  he left shortly after, and it quickly reminded me of why I hate squeakers.

Yep

56 minutes ago, lazerus_86 said:

59 minutes ago, lazerus_86 said:

Hahaha we said that same thing a while ago. You may enjoy this thread if you missed it.

37 minutes ago, PrestonDelRey said:

Well yeah I agree. I'm happy to buy the DLCs to support the game. I wish they'd add some Friday the 13th related stuff, like actual counselor uniforms. 

Agreed. I don't know how many times I have said and seen others say we want Crystal Lake counselor uniforms! Only clothing pack needed. 

2 hours ago, jameson87 said:

:)