Sign in to follow this  
Frighteningicon

is there a pocket knife perk?

8 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

No such perk.

Just curious to why they would keep the icon in the game if it was for nothing, I know for sure the icon is in the game because I've seen it myself while  buying perks

48 minutes ago, Frighteningicon said:

Just curious to why they would keep the icon in the game if it was for nothing, I know for sure the icon is in the game because I've seen it myself while  buying perks

Who knows why these amateur-hour devs/publishers do anything? That notwithstanding, there's no pocketknife perk available in-game right now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Frighteningicon said:

so I saw this video on YouTube a few days ago, I just wanted to ask is there really a pocket knife perk? if so does anyone here have it 

Right now that perk doesn't exist. Maybe that guy searched in the files of the game and found that photo. I think it was a perk that was gonna be used in the game but they delete it.

6 hours ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Who knows why these amateur-hour devs/publishers do anything? That notwithstanding, there's no pocketknife perk available in-game right now. 

It's not uncommon for deleted material to still show up in the game files, and it's also sometimes possible to tease out the information. Dunno why game developers don't bother to completely get rid of it, but then again I know very little about software to begin with.

For some, it can be an interesting easter egg of sorts to see what kind of material could've possibly been in-game. Although I will say right now that I'm glad a perk that grants you a free pocket knife starting off was never implemented.

That, of course, depends on what that perk was really for. I could imagine it might've been some sort of bonus effect that the pocket knife would grant when used, like an instant fear reduction when used on Jason for instance.

It does exist  anyway i have it or better i had it but then, because im an idiot and at the time totally new in this game i sold it saying "well is just a common perk, let sell it and roll for something better". You start with a pocket knife in your inventory. Just the icon is different if i remember correctly

4 minutes ago, Blinckx said:

It does exist  anyway i have it or better i had it but then, because im an idiot and at the time totally new in this game i sold it saying "well is just a common perk, let sell it and roll for something better". You start with a pocket knife in your inventory. Just the icon is different if i remember correctly

Sure you did.

Just now, Dr. Lecter said:

Sure you did.

Why i have to lie ? I got it like on my second roll for perks, i was around level 10 or something with no knowledge of this game and that's why i sold it, at that point i thought it was useless and common. There's also a perk to start with med spray so..

this would be the worst perk. everyone would have it equipped. imagine everyone starting with a pocket knife and then dealing with the 4 or 5 knives in-game? people think hack 'n' slash jason is annoying now... 

Just now, The Razor's Edge said:

Yes, it does exist. You get a stamina increase when used, but a decrease in speed.

That's for breaking out of his grab, not starting with a knife.

Not right now but I think there should be one simply for the fact that Jason can set multiple traps next to key objectives such as the phone box and the car's hood and gas tank. There's no way to disable a trap without a pocket knife. And as we all know there's a limited amount of pocket knives found in the game, so it is frustrating to have to walk in a trap just to complete an objective when you can clearly see the trap.

15 minutes ago, UsedToBeARobot said:

Not right now but I think there should be one simply for the fact that Jason can set multiple traps next to key objectives such as the phone box and the car's hood and gas tank. There's no way to disable a trap without a pocket knife. And as we all know there's a limited amount of pocket knives found in the game, so it is frustrating to have to walk in a trap just to complete an objective when you can clearly see the trap.

but, uh, like, that's the whole point. 

there shouldn't be tons of them around. they SHOULD be hard to find and deciding whether to keep them for self-defense or use them to disable a trap SHOULD be a big sacrifice. 

if this were a perk, EVERYONE would have it equipped. that's 7 counselors starting with knives (8 if you call jarvis) plus there's 4-5, i've even heard as many as 6, in the game. that's a minimum of 11 and a maximum of 14 knives in ONE game. if you figure the average jason has 4 traps, that leaves counselors 7-10 knives for self-defense after disabling all of his traps. that's dumb. the traps would be even more worthless than they are now. jesus... there would be more knives than sprays in the game. maybe they should add more of those as well? 

no jason in their right mind would pick up counselors anymore. they'd just hack 'n' slash which is something everyone and their mother bitches about enough already. 

19 minutes ago, UsedToBeARobot said:

there is. tank the trap. medic perk. thick skinned perk. teamwork and tanking the phone and car one at the same time (with a little delay ofc, so he hears it was 2 traps). you can annoy jason a lot with his own traps without a knife.

This has been covered on here before. It is an old photo from pre beta if I remember correctly. There is a topic on here somewhere discussing it.  

• Like 1

I'M with most you actually I hope the pocket knife perk doesn't exist especially at this point considering the current state of Jason's weakness, but I'm just very curious if it actually is a real perk or not

1 minute ago, TemTheSpaceMarine said:

Am I the only one who has seen this before while rolling perks?

No, but you're one of very few.

Alright I have had Friday since it dropped and I have to say Jason is trash to op where as counselors get nothing and watch the movies ppl. Jason dies all the time Tommy doesnt but they let Jason kill him give him unbroke rage mode when he died at the end of the movies almost every time the least they can do is give us a pocket knife perk