Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FlameRiderSD

jasons appearance
Why does Jason Have a Jacket?

14 posts in this topic

I noticed one thing that made 0 sense to me and isn't necessarily a problem (I love the Jacket design) but nowadays Jason has a jacket

after 9 FILMS they suddenly make him wear a jacket in Jason x and it looked better sure but makes no sense how did he get the jacket?

all the other films always had him with just a shirt a simple shirt except part 2 (always green till for some reason part 8 changed it but that's a new story all together)

can someone please explain this im genuinely interested

I think it's just an aesthetic thing. It looks cool

14 hours ago, FlameRiderSD said:

I noticed one thing that made 0 sense to me and isn't necessarily a problem (I love the Jacket design) but nowadays Jason has a jacket

after 9 FILMS they suddenly make him wear a jacket in Jason x and it looked better sure but makes no sense how did he get the jacket?

all the other films always had him with just a shirt a simple shirt except part 2 (always green till for some reason part 8 changed it but that's a new story all together)

can someone please explain this im genuinely interested

In freddy versus jason and the 2009 remake (and also Mortal Kombat X) he is indeed wearing a jacket.

As for Jason X...actually it's not a jacket,i think it's the brown rag that the security guard cover Jason with.

In X the brown jacket is actually some sort of restraining jacket you can see the chains attached to D-rings on the jacket. So I imagine his captors put the jacket on him to try and restrain him. 

7 hours ago, Brigadius said:

In X the brown jacket is actually some sort of restraining jacket you can see the chains attached to D-rings on the jacket. So I imagine his captors put the jacket on him to try and restrain him. 

even if its the case why such a sudden design change?

On 08/11/2017 at 10:06 PM, FlameRiderSD said:

even if its the case why such a sudden design change?

I think it's just his overshirt with the buttons undone, if you look closely at part 3's neckline, you can see a white shirt underneath. 

It's a psychology thing in my opinion. A man in a jacket could be hiding something. Jackets also obscure your outline in darkness. In fight scenes and chase scenes the jacket flows with Jason's movement so it looks dynamic and eye-catching.

It made sense for the remake because that was survivalist hermit Jason, so a jacket is a useful thing for him.

latest?cb=20151117190212Sideshow-Jason-Voorhees-Figure-007.jpg

while the thing is he doesnt have a white shirt ever and the jacket in FVJ doesnt have the pockets on his chest like the original

I always liked to think he stole people's clothes  after he murders them. Maybe he fancied himself a jacket along the way... He's been in and out of the cabins enough to see everybody's wardrobe anyway.

How else would he get his new clothes? :) 

Certainly not the mall. 

1 hour ago, Seratopia said:

I always liked to think he stole people's clothes  after he murders them. Maybe he fancied himself a jacket along the way... He's been in and out of the cabins enough to see everybody's wardrobe anyway.

How else would he get his new clothes? :) 

Certainly not the mall. 

Agreed, at least if he Didn't get the jacket or new clothes from a dead body maybe he stole them off a clothesline like he stole his cloths for part 3.

13 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

I thought that was an official poster.

dude think about it the mask only came midway through the movie they wouldn't advertise it