Cokeyskunk

If GUN/Illfonic Make Another Horror Series Game, What Should It Be?

If GUN/Illfonic Make Another Horror Series Game, What Should It Be?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Which Horror Series Would You Most Like to Play as a Follow-Up to F13?

• Halloween
    • A Nightmare on Elm Street
    • The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
    • Evil Dead
    • The Thing
    • Hellraiser
    • Saw
    • Hatchet
    • Phantasm
    • Other
    • Scream
    • Slumber Party Massacre (for Bears)
    • Jaws
    • Child's Play

I would 100% buy a game if it was like a 1V7 or 2V7 (in the case of the double Ghost Face!) and was entirely based on scream!

Omg I can imagine throwing shit at the ghost face while I'm running up the stairs.

if its gotta be tied to a franchise id say halloween the game cause mikey is a straight up legend and i find him more interesting and scary and memorable than any of the other killers on this list. 

my second vote would be leatherface. it would be a darker kinda game than this one, with less cartoony and more realistic and shocking brutal violence. i could also imagine how cool special maps and objectives would be around the texas chainsaw massacre story and just imagine a gnarly face collecting mechanic.

if it was up to me id want them to make their own slasher game though. one thing i hate about this game is how restricted it is towards just jason, i felt like if summercamp happened instead of f13 the game would have ended up being way more fun in a way cause they would have much more freedom in what the gameplay was like and what the slasher(s) is / are like. idk if yall get what i mean but basically i feel like this game really shows the both budget as well as licensing and also the whole "Live up to jason and the fans expectations" restrictions in both the gameplay and the overall feel. i wonder what this game would have been like if they actually stuck to their summer camp idea with their own slasher and their own gameplay mechanics and maps etcc:JasonPt4:

On 3.3.2018 at 2:51 AM, FunMonster said:

Victor Crowley Hatchet game for sure. Kane Hodder who played Jason in a bunch of the f13 movies and did the motion capture for Jason in the game, also plays Victor Crowley through the Hatchet series. It's brutal and very f13-ish. Would be the perfect project after this. It would also maybe help fund another hatchet movie.

HELL YEAAAAAAAAAAAAA AYYYYYY

theyre doing another hatchet movie called "Victor Crowley" its supposed to release sometime this year if im not mistaken

edit: IT RELEASED A MONTH AGO???? hold up

2 hours ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

if its gotta be tied to a franchise id say halloween the game cause mikey is a straight up legend and i find him more interesting and scary and memorable than any of the other killers on this list. 

my second vote would be leatherface. it would be a darker kinda game than this one, with less cartoony and more realistic and shocking brutal violence. i could also imagine how cool special maps and objectives would be around the texas chainsaw massacre story and just imagine a gnarly face collecting mechanic.

if it was up to me id want them to make their own slasher game though. one thing i hate about this game is how restricted it is towards just jason, i felt like if summercamp happened instead of f13 the game would have ended up being way more fun in a way cause they would have much more freedom in what the gameplay was like and what the slasher(s) is / are like. idk if yall get what i mean but basically i feel like this game really shows the both budget as well as licensing and also the whole "Live up to jason and the fans expectations" restrictions in both the gameplay and the overall feel. i wonder what this game would have been like if they actually stuck to their summer camp idea with their own slasher and their own gameplay mechanics and maps etcc:JasonPt4:

HELL YEAAAAAAAAAAAAA AYYYYYY

theyre doing another hatchet movie called "Victor Crowley" its supposed to release sometime this year if im not mistaken

edit: IT RELEASED A MONTH AGO???? hold up

Like Last Year, Since they do have their own Slashers

Since we already had a similar topic and poll going, and there wasn't a overlap in timeframe, I merged the two.

Carry on, everyone!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Since we already had a similar topic and poll going, and there wasn't a overlap in timeframe, I merged the two.

Carry on, everyone!

Thanks, @NthnButAGoodTime. That might mean everyone might need to re-vote in the poll, but now there are more options from which to choose!

On 11/9/2017 at 1:23 AM, bewareofbears said:

Add Slumber Party Massacre to the list and I'll vote.

Done.

Got to vote for Freddy, I think a decent game would be almost impossible to pull off, but Gun and Illfonic could do it. It couldn't be a rehash of this one, with Halloween or Chucky you could get away with it. The others on the list would be interesting but might be harder to sell as a vol. 2.

16 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Got to vote for Freddy, I think a decent game would be almost impossible to pull off, but Gun and Illfonic could do it. It couldn't be a rehash of this one, with Halloween or Chucky you could get away with it. The others on the list would be interesting but might be harder to sell as a vol. 2.

But, does the franchised characters' involvement in Dead By Daylight prevent them from appearing in their own franchised titles now? Would they be sued by Behaviour and Starbreeze?

Depends on the type of license that they had, or if they bought the rights (I don't believe they did as both Jason and Freddy appear in mortal combat). So I guessing they only bought a license for the characters use probably a one time thing.

As for getting the rights to make A Nightmare on Elm Street, that would be quite the feat on the Devs part. Given the same love they have shown Friday, it would be a fitting sequel. This game when finished will be their greatest argument for being trusted with them. So here's to hoping. :D

I agree with those that say Halloween might be too limited for full release. TCM definitely offers more options in the variety department, there's a large roster of killers to choose from, plus wider range of locations and gameplay mechanics to play with.

Evil Dead is another good possibility with the Deadites taking over the humans one by one, the humans desperately trying to survive until dawn.

NOE seems like it would make a better single player than multiplayer experience to be honest.

Anyways, reckon Gun have proven themselves with F13th. Curious to see what they do next. Really hope they stick with multiplayer licensed horror titles. :D

7 minutes ago, Elias Voorhees said:

I agree with those that say Halloween might be too limited for full release. TCM definitely offers more options in the variety department, there's a large roster of killers to choose from, plus wider range of locations and gameplay mechanics to play with.

Evil Dead is another good possibility with the Deadites taking over the humans one by one, the humans desperately trying to survive until dawn.

NOE seems like it would make a better single player than multiplayer experience to be honest.

Anyways, reckon Gun have proven themselves with F13th. Curious to see what they do next. Really hope they stick with multiplayer licensed horror titles. :D

Here's my take on it:

In all likelihood, if they WERE to release more franchised games, I think they'd do it in this order:

• Halloween
  • TCM
  • Elm Street

Why? Because Halloween has the strongest following and biggest fan base (after F13). Also, if they could get Jamie Lee Curtis in ANY capacity, that would be a HUUUUUUUGE selling point. 

All that being said, I don't think it would be the strongest GAME they make. It would just be a great moneymaker and something to give them extra resources to move forward.

Then, I think they'd make TCM -- and make the most FUN and SCARIEST game out there! It would be hard to top Leatherface RUNNING at you with a full-trigger chainsaw.

And finally, Freddy's fans would demand satisfaction, and we'd get our Elm Street game. 

It seems promising, but of course, Illfonic would really have to beef-up their staff to be able to do things like this.

22 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Here's my take on it:

In all likelihood, if they WERE to release more franchised games, I think they'd do it in this order:

• Halloween
  • TCM
  • Elm Street

Why? Because Halloween has the strongest following and biggest fan base (after F13). Also, if they could get Jamie Lee Curtis in ANY capacity, that would be a HUUUUUUUGE selling point. 

All that being said, I don't think it would be the strongest GAME they make. It would just be a great moneymaker and something to give them extra resources to move forward.

Then, I think they'd make TCM -- and make the most FUN and SCARIEST game out there! It would be hard to top Leatherface RUNNING at you with a full-trigger chainsaw.

And finally, Freddy's fans would demand satisfaction, and we'd get our Elm Street game. 

It seems promising, but of course, Illfonic would really have to beef-up their staff to be able to do things like this.

I think they can do Halloween with the staff they have now. It wouldn't need to be too far removed from the current F13th build (re-worked and polished quite a bit though). Stealth would need to be completely re-thought too, especially concerning how Michael stalks his prey. I agree that Halloween is a more popular license than TCM, doesn't change the fact that I'd rather see a TCM game though. ;)

Not saying I wouldn't love to see a Halloween game either. Season of the Witch dlc anyone? :P

1 minute ago, jistsomeguy said:

lol they could prolly get shat to play mm, he will do anything for money XD

More dlc! The $1.99 Shat Pack! :D

3 minutes ago, jistsomeguy said:

did ya hear him cover twilight zone? made me wanna smack his momma....

Lol, no, but now you've piqued my curiosity and I just gotta check it out. ;)

couldn't see the point in Halloween, would be pretty much the same would it not, how about a horror genre game, cram as many in as possible? Love to see Freddy vs leatherface but done well 😉

I would love to see a Texas Chainsaw Masscre- I would love to play as Sally!

I would also love to death a Scream game- playing as Sidney or Randy would be cool

In the end though I chose Halloween- The creepiness of this game would be unreal!

If they make Godzilla it's basically the same game. Wonder if Tom Savini would make a "Savini Godzilla" skin.

• Haha 1