Cokeyskunk

If GUN/Illfonic Make Another Horror Series Game, What Should It Be?

If GUN/Illfonic Make Another Horror Series Game, What Should It Be?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Which Horror Series Would You Most Like to Play as a Follow-Up to F13?

I'd be on board with Halloween, for sure. Seeing the justice they have done to Jason and the Friday universe, I'd be real curious to see how they'd approach building a suspenseful atmosphere in making Haddonfield a place you don't want to be (but couldn't stay away from). IMO, Michael Myers was kind of wasted in DBD. There's a glimpse of the type of game that could be if the license was properly utilized, but the experience is severely limited in that world. I'd love to see Gun build a place that's specifically tailored to the 1978 classic and the creepy, unsettling Shape we came to love and fear.

Halloween, I just watched the original part one and two. Laurie's street and Haddonfield Memorial Hospital would make two fantastic maps! Have the Shape have a butcher knife from part one, and a scalpel from part two. Epic!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Patriots1 said:

Halloween .

But i Hope Illfonic and Gun can become more creative and create a Campaign,single player story mode.

Your already playing the story mode. Gun Media already stated there won't be a story mode which sucks.

Leatherface for sure, i like Michael more but what kind of different incarnations would he have? 

I'd like to see a Child's Play one.

First of all Universal owns them all so the licensing is easy, also only really one creator (Don Mancini) so continuity should be simple.

For the most part though the game would be the opposite to Friday the 13th where instead of councillors hiding, the killer would.

Imagine having the housing apartments from the first movie, the victims are locked in with Chucky, but due to his size can kick, hit, pick up, throw and beat him a lot easier than Jason. The more he gets beaten the more doll parts come off and the harder it is to maneuver.

Meanwhile Chucky has to hide under beds, in closets, through air ducts, down laundry chutes, etc, ready to sneak attack victims. Maybe throw a few red herring Good Guy dolls in the map as decoys so the Chucky player can also sit in plain sight.

Maps from the movies could be the store from the opening of part 1, apartments from part 1, foster house from part 2, Good Guy Factory from part 2, military base from part 3, fun fair from part 3, 'Jennifer Tilly's house' from Seed, the house from Curse, the institution from Cult..

Original Chucky, Scarred Chucky, New Chucky, Jennifer, Glen and Glenda all playable.

It would be cool to see Jason fight Freddy, tho we all know it won't happen with any of these killers as the rights for them would cost a lot. Gun got lucky with the Friday the 13th. 

5 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Your already playing the story mode. Gun Media already stated there won't be a story mode which sucks.

Well i wasnt talking about this game.

I Was talking about if Gun And Illfonic create another Horror title i hope they are creative enough the next time to include a campaign story mode.

1 minute ago, Patriots1 said:

Well i wasnt talking about this game.

I Was talking about if Gun And Illfonic create another Horror title i hope they are creative enough the next time to include a campaign story mode.

Well with horror games with ties to their movies don't always have a strong story, I don't see a story being made, just more offline bots and online gameplay 

Halloween though it was a vote stall between it and Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Both have the potential to be a really frightening survival game with tense atmosphere.

23 minutes ago, Guy said:

I'd like to see a Child's Play one.

First of all Universal owns them all so the licensing is easy, also only really one creator (Don Mancini) so continuity should be simple.

For the most part though the game would be the opposite to Friday the 13th where instead of councillors hiding, the killer would.

Imagine having the housing apartments from the first movie, the victims are locked in with Chucky, but due to his size can kick, hit, pick up, throw and beat him a lot easier than Jason. The more he gets beaten the more doll parts come off and the harder it is to maneuver.

Meanwhile Chucky has to hide under beds, in closets, through air ducts, down laundry chutes, etc, ready to sneak attack victims. Maybe throw a few red herring Good Guy dolls in the map as decoys so the Chucky player can also sit in plain sight.

Maps from the movies could be the store from the opening of part 1, apartments from part 1, foster house from part 2, Good Guy Factory from part 2, military base from part 3, fun fair from part 3, 'Jennifer Tilly's house' from Seed, the house from Curse, the institution from Cult..

Original Chucky, Scarred Chucky, New Chucky, Jennifer, Glen and Glenda all playable.

The house in the Curse Of Chucky would be an epic map, so as the Asylum from the Cult Of Chucky. Plus Andy Barclay would be the childs play Tommy Jarvis

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Well with horror games with ties to their movies don't always have a strong story, I don't see a story being made, just more offline bots and online gameplay 

When did you become such an expert on Game design.

How The Hell do you know that there will be NO Story mode.

You Have to Be Brain dead to not be able to see how interaction and Dialogue with other charachters in a story mode will make a better game.

The Truth is THAT YOU DONT KNOW What The company is going to do at all.

46 minutes ago, Dr. Doodlydoot said:

A bunch of people have been requesting Freddy Krueger, Leatherface, Michael Myers and other killers having their own games. To me I think Michael Myers would be the best one since their have been a bunch of movies with him too. I'm not saying to make this game right away, i'm just making a suggestion for GUN MEDIA's next project after they finish fixing Friday The 13th and adding more stuff to it. I made the suggestion on here because I saw no video game suggestions on GUN MEDIA's website - https://www.fearthegun.com

Thank you for reading, what killer do you want to have their own game?

Why would you title this thread "Halloween game" when it's a poll about which franchise you want next? Biased maybe?

If they wanna take a cheap and easy way out, and make themselves look like they're going for an obvious cash-grab, they can make a Micheal Myers game because Micheal is boring and would basically call for a reskin of F13 for it to be 80% finished from the gate.

We need the next game to be a step up, with more depth and layers; things you can't do with Myers because he's a less capable character than Jason.

Freddy is the next logical choice. There's so much more you can do with him. And he's the best. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WashingtonJones said:

Why would you title this thread "Halloween game" when it's a poll about which franchise you want next? Biased maybe?

If they wanna take a cheap and easy way out, and make themselves look like they're going for an obvious cash-grab, they can make a Micheal Myers game because Micheal is boring and would basically call for a reskin of F13 for it to be 80% finished from the gate.

We need the next game to be a step up, with more depth and layers; things you can't do with Myers because he less capable of a character than Jason.

Freddy is the next logical choice. There's so much more you can do with him. And he's the best. 

I just changed it like 15 mins ago

7 minutes ago, Patriots1 said:

When did you become such an expert on Game design.

How The Hell do you know that there will be NO Story mode.

You Have to Be Brain dead to not be able to see how interaction and Dialogue with other charachters in a story mode will make a better game.

The Truth is THAT YOU DONT KNOW What The company is going to do at all.

Look at the history so far, all has been online, there hasn't been a story mode and if you look at all horror movies there really isn't a need to make a game with a story based on these games as they are something you could just put focus on for online and offline bots. 

Just now, Ghostboy20 said:

Look at the history so far, all has been online, there hasn't been a story mode and if you look at all horror movies there really isn't a need to make a game with a story based on these games as they are something you could just put focus on for online and offline bots. 

NO. NO MORE ONLINE MULTIPLAYER CHEAP ASS Games.

I Want a full campaign story mode with diffrent levels interaction and Dialouge with other charachters.

1 minute ago, Patriots1 said:

I Want a full campaign story mode with diffrent levels interaction and Dialouge with other charachters.

What kind of story would you like to see? 

Where is the none option? I don't think anyone would give Gun a license after the shitshow that was the handling of this game. DbD has already clean sweep the majority of these characters except Chuck and Ghostface so they would be on the list before Gun media if gun media even made it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Patriots1 said:

I'm for that too but with these type of games I don't see that happening since everyone loves online these days.

16 minutes ago, LadySansaLannister said:

Halloween though it was a vote stall between it and Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Both have the potential to be a really frightening survival game with tense atmosphere.

This! Both those could be scary as anything we've ever seen. If they did it right and gave the Shape a blend in shadows type of sneak attack. The original part one and two would make great dark, moody maps. Especially Haddonfield Memorial when you knock out the power! Michael has slight differences, masks and jumpsuit fitting mainly. Butcher knife for part one, scalpel for two. And to get hammered by Leatherface, and dragged back to that house..... Ughhhhh! Freddy would be more hard to incorporate into the gaming world IMO, dead by daylight just doesn't feel right. But Halloween and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre could work, most definitely!

• Like 1

A campaign would definitely be possible when they're done all the maps. The game is awesome in it's attention to detail, if the Devs can give us a campaign I'm sure they will. I think the biggest challenge to it happening is there are only so many hands to work on things, and they have to get there slowly. As for how it would work, see below.

Experienced Player/counselor 2pence/cents worth

By Dandan10,  Tuesday at 09:52 PM in Friday the 13th: The Game General Discussion

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I'm for that too but with these type of games I don't see that happening since everyone loves online these days.

Well im Happy to see that you would also push for a complete story mode that has Full interaction with other charachters and missions and levels.

The one thing i Hate about cheap multiplayer games is that the company doesent design Lots of landscapes and Dialouge with other charachters.

I Dont want to talk on a MIC With others to express what i want to do in the game.

thats a cheap way for the company not to have to create lots of Dialouge and ineraction with lots of other charachters.

I will probably be alone on this, but none of the above. I personally would love to see a Jeepers Creepers game tailored after Friday the 13th. Settings could be the school bus from part 2, or any creepy rural area. Heck you could have one stage revolving around the police station in the original movie. 

The Creeper has his own weapons (ninja stars instead of knives), flying could be an ability he earns late in the game as time is running out, and he's just as crafty and sneaky as Jason was in the first few movies so strategy would be a big deal. I have LOTS of ideas but won't bore everyone with the rest.... except to say that at the end of every match, The Creeper could be in his lair sewing up a fresh victim with "Jeepers Creepers" playing on an old phonograph. It'll never happen, but that game could be terrifying.  

A Chucky game where two of you are chosen to be Chucky and Tiffany and your the one that can hide in cupboards under beds etc and set up traps in warehouses, apartment buildings, police stations you can be killed pretty easy but it's more of a stealth game for the killers this time, instead of grab kills you get leap on their back kills