Cokeyskunk

If GUN/Illfonic Make Another Horror Series Game, What Should It Be?

If GUN/Illfonic Make Another Horror Series Game, What Should It Be?   26 members have voted

1. 1. Which Horror Series Would You Most Like to Play as a Follow-Up to F13?

• Halloween
    • A Nightmare on Elm Street
    • The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
    • Evil Dead
    • The Thing
    • Hellraiser
    • Saw
    • Hatchet
    • Phantasm
    • Other

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

22 posts in this topic

If GUN/Illfonic Make Another Horror Series Game, What Should It Be?

Poll above. If your answer is "other", please list it here. 

Mine, personally, is (just barely) Halloween. 

Texas Chainsaw Massacre is a VERY close second, and I honestly think that franchise would make for more entertaining (and frightening) gameplay. 

BUT, I think they should make Halloween first because it has such a larger fanbase, which will translate to the game having more popularity, and popularity = sales.

THEN, once they have two great franchise games under their belts, I'd LOVE to see their take on Leatherface's chainsaw and his Texas house.

I made a thread about them making a  Halloween game, you should check it out 

As much as I like Halloween, I think it would be too similar to F13th, in some ways more limited. Michael doesn't run, just silent stalks.

There could be some cool suburban and hospital settings but I feel texas chainsaw would be a more tense and frantic setting for a game. 

It could essential use elements of f13th gameplay. 

Leatherface is fast, so there would be plenty of exciting chases. He can rip through doors with chainsaws, environment kills like meathooks 

The map settings would be cool - 

Sawyer farm, slaughterhouse, gas stations, woodlands, it would be very creepy. 

You could have Dennis hoppers character work in a similar way to tommy jarvis. 

A lot of potential. 

1 person likes this

I think the most similar and easiest code transfers to different objects would be Halloween. I would also love a solid Halloween slasher. You can have the mental hospital from part 1, part 5, and RZ remake, the barn and party house from Part 5, the town area with shops, the graveyard with Judith's grave missing, as well as Haddonfield housing area near the Myers House. Laurie would make an excellent Tommy Jarvis though. I feel as though this is the most possible option, not necessarily what I would choose.

TCM would probably be next.

Surprisingly, Hatchet would be perfect here. Switch lake to bayou. Add in some recognizable locations, change Jason shack to Crowley Shack. Boats to swamp boats. And they can keep the physics off one of the axes. Movie license is probably real cheap as well. Who should play To.my Jarvis here though? Even though it wouldn't make sense, I would like Tony Todd to.

I would personally love a Hellraiser game, but wouldn't make sense unless it's a single player game where you play with the cube. The fact there are several cenobites and not just "Pinhead" would also add complications. Also, don't know if I want to play a game about sado masochists from Hell with children. "Pleasure or pain!" "I got a pocket knife guys. Hey guys. Guys. I got a pocket knife"...

There was a solid gsme of The Thing for original Xbox. I enjoyed the crap out of it. Being the thing and taking over camps wouild be great, but is there only 1 map choice?

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, kohagan said:

As much as I like Halloween, I think it would be too similar to F13th, in some ways more limited. Michael doesn't run, just silent stalks.

There could be some cool suburban and hospital settings but I feel texas chainsaw would be a more tense and frantic setting for a game. 

It could essential use elements of f13th gameplay. 

Leatherface is fast, so there would be plenty of exciting chases. He can rip through doors with chainsaws, environment kills like meathooks 

The map settings would be cool - 

Sawyer farm, slaughterhouse, gas stations, woodlands, it would be very creepy. 

You could have Dennis hoppers character work in a similar way to tommy jarvis. 

A lot of potential. 

I'm right there with you. I think we'd all adore to play both a Halloween game AND a TCM game, but I agree that TCM would be much more thrilling and frightening. And I'd like to think the devs could come up with many interesting ways for Halloween to differ greatly from F13.

That being said, whenever Michael Myers draws near to you, and that haunting music kicks in, that would be a chilling terror! 

Again, I'd absolutely love to play both. And we know the holders of both licenses (plus Elm Street) are willing to play ball with the video game industry, as they've already let their characters appear in DbD, so this could really, genuinely happen.

My only concern with doing Hatchet is that most would complain it was just a re-skinned F13.

1 person likes this

17 hours ago, deathbat96777 said:

I made a thread about them making a  Halloween game, you should check it out 

Same kinda

Umm.....none.  Not trying to start anything, but maybe if a different franchise movie series is made into a game it should be done by a company that has more experience in the gaming industry.  

12 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Umm.....none.  Not trying to start anything, but maybe if a different franchise movie series is made into a game it should be done by a company that has more experience in the gaming industry.  

Okay, then. Politics aside -- let's say that if you could pick ANY of the games mentioned above to be made, and it was GUARANTEED to be great, which would you choose?

Just now, Cokeyskunk said:

Okay, then. Politics aside -- let's say that if you could pick ANY of the games mentioned above to be made, and it was GUARANTEED to be great, which would you choose?

Halloween.  It would be the ultimate stalk/jump scare game.  Could you imagine searching for something and see the white mask slowly show up from a dark corner?  

9 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Halloween.  It would be the ultimate stalk/jump scare game.  Could you imagine searching for something and see the white mask slowly show up from a dark corner?  

Very true. But I think the same about Leatherface's flesh mask jumping out at you, as his chainsaw roars to life.

All-in-all, both Halloween and TCM should definitely get their own games. The potential is enormous.

1 person likes this

Evil Dead! Friday the 13th is already the perfect stalk and survive franchise for that type of game, and as much as I love Halloween as a series (more than Friday the 13th to be honest) I don't see what a Halloween game would have that Friday the 13th doesn't.

But Evil Dead? Deadites, possession, lots of locations (including the whole iconic cabin in the woods thing), the idea that each time a survivor falls they'd turn in to an enemy, making things even more hopeless as the game progresses, and of course, presumably, the best hero character of all time. You could even use the Shift ability from Jason to mimic the 'camera zooming through the woods' perspective of the evil force in the movies...

1 person likes this

A Nightmare On Elm Street it has way more easy creative doors for gun to play with!! And could be scary as hell Halloween is good but as s game super 1 track! 

1 person likes this

Add Slumber Party Massacre to the list and I'll vote.

I would have to say none. They ruined F13. What started as a horror game has turned into a train wreck disaster.

“Friday The 13th: Drawer Simulator Barbie Dress Up Dance Dance Disconnected” should be the title.

2 people like this

4 minutes ago, RAGNAR0K N ROLL said:

Jaws!

How the fuck would that work?

16 minutes ago, Truth said:

How the fuck would that work?

Just an early thought here but; you know how we basically have a predator/prey relationship in F13 with Jason vs. Counselors? I envision it more of a predator vs. predator type scenario. Humans have strength in numbers and sonar/depth charges but each human player has to man their own station. Jaws player would be more maneuverable and have better senses plus be considerably more durable.

Goal would be to either rescue or eat the survivors strewn about the map or kill one another with the means at your disposal. I'll have to give this a lot more thought than just this simple little bit

1 minute ago, RAGNAR0K N ROLL said:

Just an early thought here but; you know how we basically have a predator/prey relationship in F13 with Jason vs. Counselors? I envision it more of a predator vs. predator type scenario. Humans have strength in numbers and sonar/depth charges but each human player has to man their own station. Jaws player would be more maneuverable and have better senses plus be considerably more durable.

Goal would be to either rescue or eat the survivors strewn about the map or kill one another with the means at your disposal. I'll have to give this a lot more thought than just this simple little bit

I see where you're going with it. I'm sure there's a way to do it right.

As for the poll, I can't decide between Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street, and Texas Chainsaw Massacre... All 3 of those would be awesome!

All outta likes, love the poll. Texas chainsaw massacre, the sound of the chainsaw roaring while being chased would be great. And then getting dragged back for dinner... Halloween then elm street.