Sign in to follow this  
Brevator

Is Item Marking really that big of a deal?

The items on maps isn't what pisses people off, it's everything else.

There's a very easy fix to items on maps. Give an option to opt out of it in private matches. People who play private matches don't want or need it, so there should be an option to opt out. Quick play, it's whatever.

44 minutes ago, Toddarino said:

I gotta find some likeminded people when I'm online to help me mow through my remaining badges. Not boost, just cooperative. Got a small few counselor ones too.

Ive been doing the same thing with the boat. Hang in the water and let them repair it. It's been working so far.

if you wanna get a private lobby going one night to knock some of this stuff hit me up. we're already friends on ps4 (mtoafs) i don't mind helping out. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

As I've said repeatedly, this is me complaining as a counselor not as Jason.

Playing as Jason nowadays is relatively unfun, but at least 80% of anyone's experiences are as a counselor, and a weak Jason makes for a shitty game for counselors, as it removes all challenge and atmosphere.

I repeat - please tell me how as a counselor I should 'adapt' to matches where Jason never kills anyone, as are now frequent? How should I adapt as a counselor to matches where the cops have been called, and both cars are running, in the first 5 minutes, and escape is trivial? How should I adapt to games where I can easily escape without having any input other than opening a car door that comes direct to my cabin?

The way people have been adapting is this: they find their own fun. And that fun comes at the expense of Jason. Teabagging, mobbing, dancing, insulting over the mic. Which then makes less and less people want to play as Jason, which makes more non-games turn into troll-fests, and causes the game to spiral every downwards.

Fuck that. There's nothing to 'adapt' to. It needs burning down.

ZooMalfunction... you will never convince some members/ players that you and I see what is happening to this game it’s always going to be “get good” or find “better” players to play with, I am also in the majority that feels counselors gameplay has become very easy... and that’s from using all the different counselors whatever your stats are, high stealth, low repair, high strength...the full spectrum...  it is just to easy I can make Jason look like such a chump... and it shouldn’t be this way... 

and playing a Jason shouldn’t be stressful  because mechanics don’t work probably,

i have no problem being out played by counselors when they legitimately out juke/ repair/ hide/ kill me.

the way the game plays now it’s become a toxic environment for Jason players getting bullied by Great or even decent players......it sincerely is also not about getting 7/8 evey match either,  it’s about enjoyment and unfortunately Jason’s side is not that right now.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

Of course it varies game to game. And of course camping a part means another objective could be repaired, it’s a fine balance. 

Camping a part is just like camping an objective. 

Ive had many games where I hid in Stalk inside the phone house. I let the counselor disable my trap, and fix the box, and then grab them as soon as they turned the corner upstairs in packinak to make the call. Yes it was risky, but worth it. 

Doesnt happen every game, but a lot of Jason’s need to understand the value and patience of camping objectives in Stalk.

“Do nothings” I don’t worry about them until the people I perceive as a threat are eliminated. 

I love hiding in cabins too. The reactions from people are priceless.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dandop1984 said:

Seems the Risk vs award is now more evenly balanced between Jason and the Counsellors. I know Jason should be OP, and he still is, but now Jason has to do some actual work, and earn the 8/8 kills.  I don't mind having to do some actual work as Jason. I usually still kill full lobbies, maybe one or two escape on a bad game, but hey Ginny survived, maybe Paul. I know Ted survived somehow? 

I love crushing peoples dreams of a car escape, and now since this update Yes people tend to get objevies completed, or almost completed, so I have to bust my ass to make sure it doesn't get away.

This update by the way also enhanced Stalk mode. Stalk no longer produces footsteps, and when Jason does go for a Stalk/shift grab the camera no longer zooms in warning the counsellor.

What I like about this update is it requires Jason to be more of a Stalker, and hiding and waiting inside cabins. I'm slowly seeing more Jason's take this approach.

And now since Counsellors know where parts are.  Playing as Jason I've gotten more jump scares in unique locations like the fuse being dropped inside the Washrooms on Crystal lake, and just waiting in the stall in stalk, as a hopeless counsellor who  thinks they have the advantage is taken by surprise.

The scares can still be there, it's up to the player who's in control of Jason to actually play it like Jason would in the films. 

I don't get how anyone could think that Jason is op at this point...everything on him is broken

1 minute ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

ZooMalfunction... you will never convince some members/ players that you and I see that is happening to this game it’s always going to be “get good” or find “better” players to play with, I am also in the majority that feels counselors gameplay has become very easy... that that’s from a using all the different counselors whatever your stats are, high stealth, low repair, high strength...the full spectrum...  it just to easy I can make Jason look like such a chump... and it shouldn’t be this way... 

and playing a Jason shouldn’t be stressful  because mechanics don’t work probably,

i have no problem being out played by counselors when they legitimately out juke/ repair/ hide/ kill me.

the way the game plays now it’s become a toxic environment for Jason players getting bullied by Great or even decent players......it sincerely is also not about getting 7/8 evey match either it’s about enjoyment and unfortunately Jason’s side is not that right now.

It's not enjoyable to play as a counselor either. Which is why I haven't touched the game in almost 2 weeks. I was on it daily before this patch and had fun on BOTH sides of the spectrum. The game stopped becoming fun when escape was a guarantee every game. This whole concept of "find better players" is a crock because everyone I play with is very good at playing the game. It's funny how the players who spout off "git gud" to Jason players, weren't willing to take their own advice when it came to playing their counselor mains. They needed the entire game adjusted to make it easy for them to win and now suddenly they wanna say "git gud."

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dmack621 said:

It's not enjoyable to play as a counselor either. Which is why I haven't touched the game in almost 2 weeks. I was on it daily before this patch and had fun on BOTH sides of the spectrum. The game stopped becoming fun when escape was a guarantee every game. This whole concept of "find better players" is a crock because everyone I play with is very good at playing the game. It's funny how the players who spout off "git gud" to Jason players, weren't willing to take their own advice when it came to playing their counselor mains. They needed the entire game adjusted to make it easy for them to win and now suddenly they wanna say "git gud."

You are assuming the people telling you to get better, are the same ones who complained before the patch. I had no problem with the game before, and I have no problem with the game now. Maybe another reason why Jason player haven't been as good is because their are new people starting the game since the physical release. The "change it back to before" crowd doesn't seem to acknowledge this. Here is the reality though. There will be games where all counselors escape. There will be games where no one escapes. There will be games where only some escape. That's the nature of multiplayer games. Don't like how people are playing? Create your own community for only advance players.......

3 hours ago, Jawbone said:

I base my opinion on the fact that a change was made to combat it. Thats the equivalent of saying the phone on small packanack should be put back in the kitchen because you never see people lock the door and go out the window making the phone escape unavailable. Removing the option to troll in anyway makes sense. The change to items being marked hasn't affected my Jason play in anyway and even if it did it would be for the better since I am not relying on people to be unable to find the only things that let them escape.

that doesn't mean it was an actual problem. it could easily be an issue blown out of the water  by a select few. all i know is I've played hundreds of games with hundreds of people through all the stages of team killing and trolling and this is nothing I've ever heard people talk about outside of this message board. 

I'm all for limiting people's ability to troll but i think it's important to weigh the severity of the troll with the severity of the correction. 

i find that my experience as a counselor has been diminished because escaping is a breeze even in lobbies where people are lone wolfing and not communicating. matches are over within five minutes because the cops have been called and cars have been repaired. even if you have a solid jason, matches can turn in to a boring ring around the rosie car chase. i don't like like it as a counselor and i don't care for it as Jason either. camping an objective can be boring and repetitive on both sides of the coin and this change just makes it happen earlier. 

i've suggested changes to the way they've implemented this i think are reasonable and a much better balance than what they have now. I'm not concerned enough about it to demand it completely gets removed. 

3 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

P.S. beware of people complaining about the patch but from a counselor's perspective. They are Jasons in sheep's clothing 

i legitimately hate playing as jason. I'm very vocal about it.

7 minutes ago, dmack621 said:

Agreed, most players who say “this patch hasn’t hindered my gameplay “ are the ones that continually chain stun Jason into oblivion and make him look like a joke.. probably to make themselves feel better from all the times that he legitimately killed them pre-patch.

I’m not a huge fan of the item placements on the map but I also understand why the mechanics were put in...( still another perk that helps me escape easier.)

6 hours ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

That sucks.  I had a public lobby that was trying to kill Jason.  We got the mask, the sweater, and Tommy.  I activated the sweater.  Then while a Bugsy with a bat was standing right behind Jason, an AJ runs up out of nowhere with a wrench, hits Jason, and.....nothing happens....  Our chance was ruined.  He came out of the stun without dropping to his knees. 

Yeah I think it should've been easier to stun Jason to his knees before, but not now.

I have seen (in the Oct. 11 patch) Jason be hit and not drop to his knees after sweater stun, but was hit again after just being hit out of sweater stun and he dropped to his knees.

I think if the old game is ever restored, and only if the old game is ever restored, that it should work this way. As long as Jason has been sweater stunned, and the sweater wearer is still alive, he can be dropped to his knees.

As the game is currently, Jason needs all the help he can get.

17 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

ZooMalfunction... you will never convince some members/ players that you and I see that is happening to this game it’s always going to be “get good” or find “better” players to play with, I am also in the majority that feels counselors gameplay has become very easy... that that’s from a using all the different counselors whatever your stats are, high stealth, low repair, high strength...the full spectrum...  it just to easy I can make Jason look like such a chump... and it shouldn’t be this way... 

the way the game plays now it’s become a toxic environment for Jason players getting bullied by Great or even decent players......it sincerely is also not about getting 7/8 evey match either it’s about enjoyment and unfortunately Jason’s side is not that right now.

This is an excellent example of what it feels like to play as jason. It's not fun, it's clunky. The grab cone is horrendous, the invincibility when climbing through a window might be one of the most frustrating things for me. That and traps. Useless, useless traps. They might as well be one of those little ADT signs that burglars ignore. I had a bunch of assholes last night hanging out in the Jarvis basement. I don't know if it's always been like that, but it's really difficult get past that post or whatever it is immediately to the right when you walk in. I kept getting hung up. After a witnessing bunch of dancing, I just gave up and went and sat in my shack. 

32 minutes ago, dmack621 said:

The items on maps isn't what pisses people off, it's everything else.

There's a very easy fix to items on maps. Give an option to opt out of it in private matches. People who play private matches don't want or need it, so there should be an option to opt out. Quick play, it's whatever.

I play quick matches, and I don't want that shit there, and neither does anyone else I play with.

7 minutes ago, matisangry said:

that doesn't mean it was an actual problem. it could easily be an issue blown out of water by a select few. all i know is I've played hundreds of games with hundreds of people through all the stages of team killing and telling and this is nothing I've ever heard about outside of this message board. 

I'm all for limiting people's ability to troll but i think it's important to weigh the severity of the troll with the severity of the correction. 

i find that my experience as a counselor has been diminished because escaping is a breeze even in lobbies where people are lone wolfing and not communicating. matches are over within five minutes because the cops have been called and cars have been repaired. even if you have a solid jason, matches can turn in to a boring ring around the rosie car chase. i don't like like it as a counselor and i don't care for it as Jason either. camping an objective can be boring and repetitive on both sides of the coin and this just change just makes it happen earlier. 

i've suggested changes to the way they've implemented this i think are reasonable and a much better balance than what they have now. I'm not concerned enough about it to demand it completely gets removed. 

i legitimately hate playing as jason. I'm very vocal about it.

This starting to traverse into silly territory. They have access to more information then I do and clearly the change was needed.

So because everyone is getting better at being a counselor its no longer fun? You complain about cars and phones being fixed quickly still happened pre-patch but somehow it was completely different? People are using this patch to scapegoat everything they don't like about the game without realizing it was always there before this patch.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jawbone said:

This starting to traverse into silly territory. They have access to more information then I do and clearly the change was needed.

So because everyone is getting better at being a counselor its no longer fun? You complain about cars and phones being fixed quickly still happened pre-patch but somehow it was completely different? People are using this patch to scapegoat everything they don't like about the game without realizing it was always there before this patch.

People are mostly upset because they cannot grab as Jason from 100 ft away. They just try to hide that as "it's too easy being a counselor" talk.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Toddarino said:

This is an excellent example of what it feels like to play as jason. It's not fun, it's clunky. The grab cone is horrendous, the invincibility when climbing through a window might be one of the most frustrating things for me. That and traps. Useless, useless traps. They might as well be one of those little ADT signs that burglars ignore. I had a bunch of assholes last night hanging out in the Jarvis basement. I don't know if it's always been like that, but it's really difficult get past that post or whatever it is immediately to the right when you walk in. I kept getting hung up. After a witnessing bunch of dancing, I just gave up and went and sat in my shack. 

Agreed, his controls have become very clunky...  I feel that most of the uproar about the latest patch and nerfs to Jason exposed poor mechanics in his other abilities that could be resolved by restoring the fluidity of Jason’s controls that we used to have before the last couple of patches.... the window mechanics, his melee strikes clipping through counselors but causing no damage, his combat stance actually locking into counselors and not missing 4 times before he actually hits someone, and tweaking the grab cone wider.

7 minutes ago, Jawbone said:

The patch does have a lot to do with it, because before the patch the Weakest counselors Weren't able to knock Jason out With one hit. if Jason had  caught you by the phone or the car before the patch, that was most likely your ass..None of the Jason's have any kind of Stun resistance anymore

2 minutes ago, Frighteningicon said:

The patch does have a lot to do with it, because before the patch the Weakest counselors Weren't able to knock Jason out With one hit. if Jason had  caught you by the phone or the car before the patch, that was most likely your ass..None of the Jason's have any kind of Stun resistance anymore

Perhaps, but not everyone is able to hit Jason before grabs you. I don't know if you have noticed, but Jason's grab is a lot quicker than a counselor swing.....

Just now, Frighteningicon said:

You should read up on how stun chance is calculated because str has nothing to do with it. I would have loved to see you play the game at launch when all counselors had stuns that lasted 10+ seconds.

6 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

Perhaps, but not everyone is able to hit Jason before grabs you. I don't know if you have noticed, but Jason's grab is a lot quicker than a counselor swing.....

His grabbed absolutely is not quicker than the counselors with bats or machetes I play on a nightly basis and I have rarely played a game since the update where I have not at least nock Jason's mask off .Before he update that was a very rare thing to happen.Not to mention his hand goes through counselors 9 times out of 10 when you go for the  the grab now

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jawbone said:

You should read up on how stun chance is calculated because str has nothing to do with it. I would have loved to see you play the game at launch when all counselors had stuns that lasted 10+ seconds.

almost no one could play the game at launch because it didn't work....

3 minutes ago, Frighteningicon said:

His grabbed absolutely is not quicker than the counselors with bats or machetes I play on a nightly basis and I have rarely played a game since the update where I have not at least nock Jason's mask off .Before he update that was a very rare thing to happen.Not to mention his hand goes through counselors 9 times out of 10 when you go for the  the grab now

Grab is absolutely faster then a swing (except if you have the swift attacker perk). If people are stunning Jason, I personally think that's a good thing. That just means he enters rage much faster.

Also, many people were playing at launch. I played most private matches in those early days, but it was more than playable. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

Grab is absolutely faster then a swing (except if you have the swift attacker perk). If people are stunning Jason, I personally think that's a good thing. That just means he enters rage much faster.

Also, many people were playing at launch. I played most private matches in those early days, but it was more than playable. 

Grab may be faster.... it’s just incredibly unreliable at present time, while slapping Jason with melee hit is not....

3 minutes ago, Brevator said:

Jason's grab is absolutely quicker than a counselor's swing. It's all about timing. 

if so show me a video after  the update that proves it.