Sign in to follow this  
Brevator

Is Item Marking really that big of a deal?

Just now, Frighteningicon said:

if so show me a video after  the update that proves it.

Frighteningicon you have legitimate complaints, I agree with you about the nerfs for grab, but this is not the thread for that topic.

Just now, OCT 31 1978 said:

Frighteningicon you have legitimate complaints, I agree with you about the nerfs for grab, but this is not the thread for that topic.

ok  cool

31 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

Perhaps, but not everyone is able to hit Jason before grabs you. I don't know if you have noticed, but Jason's grab is a lot quicker than a counselor swing.....

Bull shit

8 minutes ago, malloymk said:

Bull shit

This is probably before your time, but we had a poster who use to calculate and measure everything in this game....Grab is faster than swing.

I don't have any issue with it.

I agree that a toggle for private matches would be nice- as well as a toggle for rain and friendly fire. I find the private matches I've been in have great communication so it's mostly unnecessary. In public matches it's been more useful because no one talks. 

1 hour ago, Frighteningicon said:

almost no one could play the game at launch because it didn't work....

So you admit you are wrong then or are you just going to keep deflecting every time you comment on something you know nothing about?

Just now, Jawbone said:

So you admit you are wrong then or are you just going to keep deflecting every time you comment on something you know nothing about?

wrong about what?

1 hour ago, Frighteningicon said:

The patch does have a lot to do with it, because before the patch the Weakest counselors Weren't able to knock Jason out With one hit. if Jason had  caught you by the phone or the car before the patch, that was most likely your ass..None of the Jason's have any kind of Stun resistance anymore

Wrong about this.

46 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

This is probably before your time, but we had a poster who use to calculate and measure everything in this game....Grab is faster than swing.

IT was be for the last update

In private matches where people are communicating I don't see it being a very big deal. In public lobbies where nobody is using a mic, it's a huge difference. 

I like the lack of communication in public lobbies. I like not knowing exactly what's happening every minute of every match. It creates tension, and forces you to make descisions that have consequences. It also feels like a real horror movie.

Example: my first match after the update. About 4-5 minutes into the match I had searched a cluster of cabins and installed a battery. Now, should I go look for other items in another cabin cluster or should I go check the other car to see if parts have been dropped off. I check my map and see the fuse and gas on the map. Now, the game has pointed me to what my next actions should be. I didn't waste time searching other cabins. I don't want the game to help me make descisions. I want to make them on my own and deal with the consequences. 

I know I'm very much in the minority on this because most people like playing with a well organized group. For those few of us that enjoy the chaos and heightened tension of public lobbies, a lot of what we love about it has now been taken out. 

Before the patch I survived 30-40% of my counselor matches. The few I did survive were rewarding experiences though. I had to stay on my toes. Since the patch I was surviving 60-70% of my matches. I didn't have to work nearly as hard either. They just felt like another video game. No tension, anxiety, or thrill. Im taking a break from the game currently. Hoping the next patch sees the game restore some of the magic it had before getting watered down. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Jawbone said:

Wrong about this.

He is not wrong that the newest patch exposed Jason’s poor combat mechanics, making it easier to stun him now.... and yes he was able to be stunned before but pre patch not every counselor could in one hit.

stun resistance helps Jason get out of the stun quicker but maybe it should allow him to not be stunned as often. I know when I swing and hit Jason now he gets stunned 95 % of the time.

wish that wasn’t the case.

1 hour ago, Jawbone said:

Wrong about this.

out of  respect for this topic this is all I will say about the matter, I wasn't wrong, be for the update. I  used people like 

Vanessa  and Aj, most of my Friends play as Jason 9, with a bat it would take 2 to 3 hit be for, I could even stun Jason, now with these same Characters . 

only take one good hit     as I said be for me or some one in my group nocks Jason mask off every time we play...The J man should not be this weak...

Some of you need to learn to use “In my opinion,” “from my experience,” and “I think” instead of acting like your opinions are facts. That’s what’s wrong with people these days, every thought that goes through your head is perceived as a fact when it’s just an opinion. “It’s too easy to escape now” is an opinion based on your experience, not a fact. The age of Facebook opinions equating facts is beyond tired and pathetic. This undeveloped form of thinking goes hand in hand with trying to push a narrative. I THINK SOMETHING SO IT’S TRUE FOR EVERYONE!!!1 Children.

I have not found it easier to escape since the update. Easy matches are predicted by low-level, unskilled Jasons, not the mechanics of the game. If the person playing as Jason is not very good, it will be easier for counselors to escape. That is an argument. “It’s easier to escape these days because the game was made easier for counselors” is a misconstrued opinion and faulty logic. Like I’ve said before, the influx of new gamers playing as Jason—either for the first time or only as an occasional Jason—causes it to be easier to escape. I’ve also noticed obsessive/stalker Jasons that have tunnel vision are impaired by the recent update. If you b-line for a counselor and follow them until they die while others repair and escape, that’s your issue. This is the go-to approach for basic Jasons for are short-sighted players no matter what game they play. If the Jason player is skilled, nobody is escaping, regardless of the mechanics or nerfing. I’m not a very good Jason but I have killed no less than 5 counselors I’m each match since the update. That’s my experience so I’m not falling for the crying about escaping being to easy for everyone because that’s not a fact, however hard that narrative is being pushed. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dandop1984 said:

Seems the Risk vs award is now more evenly balanced between Jason and the Counsellors. I know Jason should be OP, and he still is, but now Jason has to do some actual work, and earn the 8/8 kills.  I don't mind having to do some actual work as Jason. I usually still kill full lobbies, maybe one or two escape on a bad game, but hey Ginny survived, maybe Paul. I know Ted survived somehow? 

I love crushing peoples dreams of a car escape, and now since this update Yes people tend to get objevies completed, or almost completed, so I have to bust my ass to make sure it doesn't get away.

This update by the way also enhanced Stalk mode. Stalk no longer produces footsteps, and when Jason does go for a Stalk/shift grab the camera no longer zooms in warning the counsellor.

What I like about this update is it requires Jason to be more of a Stalker, and hiding and waiting inside cabins. I'm slowly seeing more Jason's take this approach.

And now since Counsellors know where parts are.  Playing as Jason I've gotten more jump scares in unique locations like the fuse being dropped inside the Washrooms on Crystal lake, and just waiting in the stall in stalk, as a hopeless counsellor who  thinks they have the advantage is taken by surprise.

The scares can still be there, it's up to the player who's in control of Jason to actually play it like Jason would in the films. 

Balance.

If it's on the map and you don't go for it, you are a burden to your team. It incentivizes repairs and forces teamwork. This should be a good thing, right? The method of escape is still in play and you can snag as many counselors as you want, as long as they come searching for the part. There is still some sliver of hope. This gives players like you the perfect opportunity to use stalk around vital equipment. You wouldn't have to if it didn't show up on the map and the location was out of the way, but now it's nearly guaranteed. Go for the surprise attack. It's the most satisfying way to kill a player anyway. This does not need to be the only way to play Jason, though.

I want to go beyond the superficiality of the gameplay mechanic. What is the best part of this game? Interacting with others, right? If someone called out an important piece of info, you as a player knew that they wanted to provide a means to succeed for themselves and/or for others. Selfless or selfish intentions aside, with this information you could make a choice: should I carry on the legacy of the lost or find my own way? With icons, the decision to call out an item of importance speaks for itself. There isn't a persona to thank due to the game intervening with human interaction. This game tries to take a utilitarian stance for objective play and cannibalized its survival horror stance. Why should Jason be punished if players choose not to communicate? Why should counselors have the ease of knowing where the part is? The game should not dictate what should be repaired in any capacity. Completing objectives should be earned through the ability to work with others. It is a much more grandiose payoff this way.

As long as the icon is on the map, this is the criteria for repairing objectives:

1.) Can the part be found?

2.) Can the objective still be repaired?

3.) Can I escape/survive because of it?

Whereas before, if an objective was out of the equation, tough luck. YOU would have to choose your means of escape/survival. You could either try to help others, go for another objective, or decide to take a stand. You survive or you die. Death in this game should be welcomed and does not always mean failure. It's purely psychological; preservation of the self is an instinctual feature that transcends the boundaries of reality and appears in the virtual world. We want to survive because we become attached to our characters. Players will screw us over and players will act like opportunists. However, some will even go above and beyond to sacrifice themselves in order to save the many. Unfortunately, noble sacrifices are hit or miss nowadays. Counselors dancing around the exit with a pocketknife while I get my head knocked off for trying to "save" them shockingly does not make me feel any better. This is what makes every game dynamic and unique, though. You really never know how a game will turn out, especially in quickplay, and that excites me! The game relies on the trust and kindness of others in order to secure group survival. The more and more you begin to win without any real challenge to offset it, the more tolerance you will build. The threat of Jason naturally alleviates itself the more you play as a counselor, but when the turbulent landscape known as "patches" interfere with his threatening presence, he becomes a bad joke. @Alien_Number_Six understands. Ha.

The core mechanic dictating the outcome of the match has changed. Part of the charm as a counselor was the uncertainty of it all. As long as the item is visible on the map, futile attempts to search for key equipment are a thing of the past. This could have been an opportunity for Jason to ambush his prey, but not anymore! This was a feature that was part of the game, and it made cooperation vital in completing objectives against a vicious opponent. There is no longer a severe consequence for lost items. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jawbone said:

So because everyone is getting better at being a counselor its no longer fun? You complain about cars and phones being fixed quickly still happened pre-patch but somehow it was completely different? People are using this patch to scapegoat everything they don't like about the game without realizing it was always there before this patch.

nope. this stuff isn't happening (solely) because "everyone is getting better at being a counselor." it's happening because counselors are being spoon-fed victories. for the record, I'm not suggesting this stuff is happening only because of the items being located on the map, but this feature combined with several other issues are. 

did cops get called and did cars get fixed within the first few minutes prior to this update? yes, but nowhere near as frequently as that stuff happens now. i don't recall seeing a lot of threads pre-patch about that stuff. 

3 hours ago, Manny1985 said:

People are mostly upset because they cannot grab as Jason from 100 ft away. They just try to hide that as "it's too easy being a counselor" talk.

i love that this is turning in to a conspiracy theory. people like myself can't actually prefer playing as counselors. no, we're just salty closet jason fanatics that are mad we don't have stretch armstrong arms anymore and for some reason need to lie on the internet about our reasoning for not liking a change?

i really do hate playing as jason. I've hated it pretty much from the get-go. i dread seeing those two circles pop up on a black screen when the round  starts. I'd be happy to tag a bunch of folks on the board that can vouch for my disdain. 

i can't wait for the implementation of a "counselor only" option. 

33 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

He is not wrong that the newest patch exposed Jason’s poor combat mechanics, making it easier to stun him now.... and yes he was able to be stunned before but pre patch not every counselor could in one hit.

stun resistance helps Jason get out of the stun quicker but maybe it should allow him to not be stunned as often. I know when I swing and hit Jason now he gets stunned 95 % of the time.

wish that wasn’t the case.

32 minutes ago, Frighteningicon said:

out of  respect for this topic this is all I will say about the matter, I wasn't wrong, be for the update. I  used people like 

Vanessa  and Aj, most of my Friends play as Jason 9, with a bat it would take 2 to 3 hit be for, I could even stun Jason, now with these same Characters . 

only take one good hit     as I said be for me or some one in my group nocks Jason mask off every time we play...The J man should not be this weak...

You both really need to read up on how stun works instead of making all these false claims. Stun chance is tied to weapon and perks. You can take the lowest stun chance weapon in the game as the weakest counselor and still stun in one hit, it worked that way before and after the patch.

@Frighteningicon

An excerpt from a guide by Rydog which was made shortly after launch.

" I've recorded the following approximate stun durations for Jason, with various weapons used by Brandon and Chad. This is consistent across all Jasons -- even Jason Part 3 (who has a stated -Stun Resistance weakness) and Jason Part 9 (who has a stated +Stun Resistance strength). "

Stun resistance to my knowledge has never been fixed. Lying only makes you and the sides you support look weak.

5 minutes ago, matisangry said:

nope. this stuff isn't happening (solely) because "everyone is getting better at being a counselor." it's happening because counselors are being spoon-fed victories. for the record, I'm not suggesting this stuff is happening solely because of the items being located on the map, but this feature combined with several other issues are. 

did cops get called and did cars get fixed within the first few minutes prior to this update? yes, but nowhere near as frequently as that stuff happens now. i don't recall seeing a lot of threads pre-patch about that stuff. 

i love that this is turning in to a conspiracy theory. people like myself can't actually prefer playing as counselors. no, we're just salty closet jason fanatics that are mad they don't have stretch armstrong arms anymore and for some reason need to lie on the internet about our reasoning for not liking a change?

i really do hate playing as jason. I've hated it pretty much from the get-go. i dread seeing those two circles pop up on a black screen when the round  starts. I'd be happy to tag a bunch of folks on the board that can vouch for my disdain. 

i can't wait for the implementation of a "counselor only" option. 

What other features are supposedly spoon-feeding victories then? I can't wait to hear them since item markers made such a huge difference.

13 minutes ago, Jawbone said:

You both really need to read up on how stun works instead of making all these false claims. Stun chance is tied to weapon and perks. You can take the lowest stun chance weapon in the game as the weakest counselor and still stun in one hit, it worked that way before and after the patch.

@Frighteningicon

An excerpt from a guide by Rydog which was made shortly after launch.

" I've recorded the following approximate stun durations for Jason, with various weapons used by Brandon and Chad. This is consistent across all Jasons -- even Jason Part 3 (who has a stated -Stun Resistance weakness) and Jason Part 9 (who has a stated +Stun Resistance strength). "

Stun resistance to my knowledge has never been fixed. Lying only makes you and the sides you support look weak.

How many updates has this game seen since launch  the information is most likely outdated...

Just now, Frighteningicon said:

How many updates has this game seen since launch  the information is most likely outdated...

I checked every single patch notes and nothing about stun resistance at all. Feel free to look yourself.

2 hours ago, Manny1985 said:

Yeah. Is it July still though? You don't think that hasn't been tweaked since then?

2 minutes ago, Jawbone said:

I checked every single patch notes and nothing about stun resistance at all. Feel free to look yourself.

They have definitely intentionally or not had a few hidden buffs and nerfs since launch.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, malloymk said:

Yeah. Is it July still though? You don't think that hasn't been tweaked since then?

Considering that voicelines for Chappa,Adam,and Bugzy were only recently fixed?All those other perks that still aren't fixed. I feel pretty confident it hasn't been fixed

1 hour ago, matisangry said:

nope. this stuff isn't happening (solely) because "everyone is getting better at being a counselor." it's happening because counselors are being spoon-fed victories. for the record, I'm not suggesting this stuff is happening only because of the items being located on the map, but this feature combined with several other issues are. 

Yeah. Influxes of new players due to a physical release tend to yield such results. 

Nobody is being "spoon-fed" victories. New players are getting adjusted to Jason and familiarizing themselves with the layout of each map, while learning the best strategy through a series of trial-and-error, just like the rest of us did. Cut them some fucking slack. Not everyone has had 7 months to play the game. 

If you dread being Jason so much, my only advice is to get gudder. You've obviously been playing for long enough. 

25 minutes ago, Brevator said:

Yeah. Influxes of new players due to a physical release tend to yield such results. 

Nobody is being "spoon-fed" victories. New players are getting adjusted to Jason and familiarizing themselves with the layout of each map, while learning the best strategy through a series of trial-and-error, just like the rest of us did. Cut them some fucking slack. Not everyone has had 7 months to play the game. 

If you dread being Jason so much, my only advice is to get gudder. You've obviously been playing for long enough. 

obviously an influx of new players will have an impact, but this stuff is happening in private lobbies with vets. like I've said a few times, this isn't all due to the map icons. I'm not even opposed to keeping them around. i just think they need to be less obvious. i enjoyed the added tension and mystery involved with not knowing where things are. that's gone now. in fact, i bet the current system will end up being abused way more often than the previous one. i see it in QP way more than i ever saw (or heard about) people abandoning parts on purpose. 

regarding that shit about cutting new players "some fucking slack"... i have no idea where that came from aside from your opinion that the increase is escaping is due solely to the influx in new blood. i help new players out constantly and am one of the more tolerant players on this board. I'll guarantee you that. 

as for telling me to get good at jason, i do just fine, thanks. he's just not my style and I realized a few months ago that i have way more fun juking, repairing and hiding. 

• Like 1