Chace Hollett

I want to say this about the game

This game has gotten a lot of hate for its bugs, leavers, and crashes, but I want to say that I love this game! Does this game have a lot of glitches? Yes but all games do. People say the cost too much but it's only 7$ total. Compared to the stuff they gave us for free like retro Jason, retro clothing, smaller maps, Fox, Mitch, Jarvis map, part 4 Jason, and more on the way. At first I thought the pig splitter kill pack was over priced but then I thought about it and said " well the kills are cool, if you don't like part 4 Jason don't buy it." I'm grateful that this game is only 40$ when some other games that have even less content charge you 60$! How much did that map cost to make? Like a few thousand dollars? And they gave it to us for free. The Halloween costume pack and the emote party pack are a bit silly but this is Friday the 13th, the whole franchise is silly! I hope one of he devs see this and I wanna say you guys are doing great so far! I can't wait to see what this games future holds!

• Like 7

As much as people talk shit about other's that post stuff like this, I'm always happy to see it. Just proves that not EVERYONE on here or in the game is a troll. Glad you're enjoying the game, and I'm glad you're a reasonable person.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Chace Hollett said:

This game has gotten a lot of hate for its bugs, leavers, and crashes, but I want to say that I love this game! Does this game have a lot of glitches? Yes but all games do. People say the cost too much but it's only 7$ total. Compared to the stuff they gave us for free like retro Jason, retro clothing, smaller maps, Fox, Mitch, Jarvis map, part 4 Jason, and more on the way. At first I thought the pig splitter kill pack was over priced but then I thought about it and said " well the kills are cool, if you don't like part 4 Jason don't buy it." I'm grateful that this game is only 40$ when some other games that have even less content charge you 60$! How much did that map cost to make? Like a few thousand dollars? And they gave it to us for free. The Halloween costume pack and the emote party pack are a bit silly but this is Friday the 13th, the whole franchise is silly! I hope one of he devs see this and I wanna say you guys are doing great so far! I can't wait to see what this games future holds!

Yeah I feel the same more or less. The last patch fucked the game and they have to unfuck it but it is a decent game. It's the most buggy, laggy pile of shit I ever love playing the hell out of.

• Like 1

Agreed.  I never like to participate in the hate threads.  This game has taken many hours of my day because of it's addictiveness.  Sure there's bugs but the pros outweigh the cons and then some.

• Like 1

I'm a very niche-y gamer. I play a lot of oddball stuff and very little super popular titles. As a fan of the franchise itself, this game is right up my alley. I think they nailed the property . With as many things "wrong" with the game there are many , many more things "right" . I think the devs have done an outstanding job and continue to do so. Sure, the game isnt perfect, but they are working on it. The game continues to improve ( with hiccups of course). I mean, look how many people are having a blast with a "broken" game, right? I am more than happy with it and feel like my experiences are well beyond the $40 price tag. 

It's easily my favorite game right now and probably will not get dethroned until the new God of War comes out( one of very few poplar titles I get excited about).

• Like 1

I think a lot of people are just seeing the quantity of hate threads and not fully realizing why they exist. If this was just a shitty broken game called summer camp, people would have just bailed long ago and moved on to something else. The reason people are so upset is because this is Friday the 13th. Fans of this franchise have stuck around because that's the draw. 

Obviously we are able and willing to put up with a broken beta game because we want to fucking play it. We want it to survive, we want it to be supported and we want to recommend this game to our friends. Unfortunately those things aren't happening at a rate that pleases some people. 

I've stuck by this game because of what it is. I'm thankful that this came out and I'm thankful for the Jarvis Map (the small ones are garbage), the new Jasons, the new counselors and the kills. It's the other shit myself and others are sick of. 

The balance of not only the game is off, but so is the balance of what is broken and what we've gotten. I'm sick of hearing soon over and over again about servers, I'm sick of patches for things that weren't broken and patches that just break the game more.

Please don't mistake complaining for passion. We all want a playable game from a favorite horror franchise. At some point however enough is enough.

we all have our gripes and what game doesn't have them? I love the game, I love the survival aspect of it as a counselor. I enjoy playing against other folks when I find a great bunch of people. I compare it to playing a good game of D&D around the table.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chace Hollett said:

Dilly Dilly!!!! I love this game. My favorite game of 2017 thus far, and probably will be until next year.

• Like 1

Pretty much everyone on the forum loves the game in some shape or form.  Even if they say they don't.  The reason most of us post is because we are passionate about the franchise, the character, and the game and do want to see it succeed.  

• Like 2

The game is pissing me off royally lately, but buried beneath the bugs and questionable balance issues is a fucking fantastic game. I'm overjoyed that I live in a world where a Friday the 13th game exists where I can actually play as Jason and kill motherfuckers.

8 hours ago, Chace Hollett said:

How many maps should a game come with at release for this price? Certainly more than 3.

They didn't give us a 4th map for free. They gave us a 4th map that we knowingly paid for months in advance. As all publicity material said we'd recieve extra maps at no additional cost, they were part of the original purchase price.

They weren't free. They were late.

Say a book costs $10, and you ordered 6 books from Amazon and paid $60, and 3 came within days, but the rest arrived over the next 6 months.

You wouldn't be happy with that. You wouldn't think you'd got those late 3 books for free, because you'd paid market rate for 6 books.

Behind schedule does not equal 'free'.

If you pay me to paint your house, but I only do the bottom floor, then take 6 months to come back and do the top floor, again, you didn't get half your house painted for free. You got a half-assed job, that was later completed late.

That rightly would make you angry, not grateful.

• Like 1

I think all of us love the game. Unfortunately that passion is what leads us to anger and disappointment. Otherwise why would we spend so much time on a game forum?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I think all of us love the game. Unfortunately that passion is what leads us to anger and disappointment. Otherwise why would we spend so much time on a game forum?

If the game wasn’t a mess we would spend more time playing it rather then complaining about it. That is why the community manager banned @bewareofbears.

I give the devs a...

091117_gif_bearded_fan_med.gif

• Like 4

As a big fan of this franchise, I've been having waaay too much fun with this game. Already put in 350 hours since May. It was really frustrating the first couple of months with the constant crashes, but since it's easily 75% better at this point. Now the only problem is the torturous wait between new content drops! I'll be splitting my game among this, Battlefront 2, and the recently revamped Knights of the Old Republic. I somehow imagine I'll still hit over 500 hours on this before the new year.

12 hours ago, Chace Hollett said:

agreed.... i spend more on beer per day than the price of the dlc packs.... that said the host quitting has thrown me off the game.  I still play it but not like before where this was the main game i play.... but yea... this games amazing and ur positive post has been acknowledged ^>^

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

How many maps should a game come with at release for this price? Certainly more than 3.

They didn't give us a 4th map for free. They gave us a 4th map that we knowingly paid for months in advance. As all publicity material said we'd recieve extra maps at no additional cost, they were part of the original purchase price.

They weren't free. They were late.

...[Amazon, books] 3 came within days, but the rest arrived over the next 6 months.

You wouldn't be happy with that...

Behind schedule...

If you pay me to paint your house...completed late.

That rightly would make you angry, not grateful.

Your range of comparison is too wild. 

You can't compare them to handy-man level work, nor can you compare them to a machine like Amazon. And you can't compare distribution and manual labor to a creative endeavor that's being delivered straight from the creators themselves. 

There's a good reason for that old saying, "you have to walk a mile in their shoes". You (and the rest) come down upon them like they're doing this to you on purpose, and/or that they're incompetent. And the latter pisses me off to no end because I doubt you have any clue of what they're going through or how difficult it is to work in the middle of the fire. It's one thing to do this shit (game design or anything like this) in school or be a hobbyist, but once you get your ass out in the real world and it gets kicked nonstop, and people don't give 2 flying fucks who you are, let alone that you're a human being...then maybe you'll have a little more compassion in your tone.    

17 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Your range of comparison is too wild. 

You can't compare them to handy-man level work, nor can you compare them to a machine like Amazon. And you can't compare distribution and manual labor to a creative endeavor that's being delivered straight from the creators themselves. 

There's a good reason for that old saying, "you have to walk a mile in their shoes". You (and the rest) come down upon them like they're doing this to you on purpose, and/or that they're incompetent. And the latter pisses me off to no end because I doubt you have any clue of what they're going through or how difficult it is to work in the middle of the fire. It's one thing to do this shit (game design or anything like this) in school or be a hobbyist, but once you get your ass out in the real world and it gets kicked nonstop, and people don't give 2 flying fucks who you are, they just want the results...then maybe you'll have a little more compassion in your tone.    

My range is wild, because the point of an analogy is to paint a broad picture to get your point across.

Do I know what pressures they're under? No. Do you? No either, so spare me the sanctimony. I wouldn't know what pressures the house painter is under and it shouldn't matter either.

If you charge for a product, and you have trouble delivering, it's not on me to feel sorry for you. Software development is the only business model in the world that gets away with this bullshit of releasing broken and unfinished products, and they have taken advantage of that.

I pay for something, I'm owed something. Be it a product or service. End of story.

Being an apologetic for this only emboldens them. I don't know how old you are, but games used to be finished and work on day 1. There's no reason for companies to get away with this other than the fact people like you continually let them.

28 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

My range is wild, because the point of an analogy is to paint a broad picture to get your point across.

They were too broad and oversimplified to compare. It's kinda like a tactic used in propaganda. 

Do I know what pressures they're under? No. Do you? No either, so spare me the sanctimony.

I actually work in a very similar field as they do, doing a very comparable role as to what they do. I understand all too well.

Software development is the only business model in the world that gets away with this bullshit of releasing broken and unfinished products....

I wonder why? Maybe because it's not fucking easy in the least!!! You don't get it. Each new statement bubbles over with more and more gross ignorance. [EDIT: And if things didn't come out buggy.....then things would NEVER COME OUT!]

Being an apologetic for this only emboldens them. I don't know how old you are, but games used to be finished and work on day 1. There's no reason for companies to get away with this.

Again, you don't know what you're talking about. First of all there were tons of shit games, probably more shit than not, going back to the Atari to now. You only remember the good ones. 

The reason why they were finished on day 1, was because they were PHYSICAL ONLY!!! And I don't know if you used to play in a vacuum with white gloves, but shit didn't always work, whether it was a physical defect or a software one. So I don't know what you're talking about.

Alright, listen....let's calm down. It would be beautiful if people would take a moment, before expressing their frustrations, to look into the things they're railing against, before adding to the endless stream of cliche negative shit.

All bullshit excuses.

Software is the only industry that does this, as does so because it can get away with it, and even then, game software is by far the worst culprit. It's about cutting corners due to greed, and having a fandom that allows it, not any inherent level of complexity that's worse than other industries.

You're not conducting brain surgery. You're not launching rockets into space. You're not designing aircraft. You're not even making software that assists in those fields. I don't care how hard you think it is - there's plenty of harder jobs that don't use the same excuses.

That you work in the industry doesn't give you a better perspective, but a worse one. It simply means you're compromised by self-interested bias.

ANY industry that could get away with it would release works in progress (lacking in content and testing) if they could. It's only a gaming audience that has the lack of self-respect and sheer blinkered fanboyism to allow it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZooMalfunction said:

That you work in the industry doesn't give you a better perspective, but a worse one. It simply means you're compromised by self-interested bias.

That right there leads into a tricky conversation regarding semantics as well as perceptions, so I'll put this into perspective: bias cuts both ways. Can you truthfully say the people observing outside of an industry have no bias whatsoever towards it, even when things don't go their way?

I'll be frank here: If Jason had overall received buffs the last patch, you probably wouldn't be bashing the game at all like you've been doing these past couple of days. Yet when the patch didn't go Jason's way, you reacted out of anger despite the fact many of the changes were welcome by others. You seem to be affected by the very bias you're trying to call out Gun Media/IllFonic on.

@ZooMalfunction your analogies are good but a little broad. I would say the house painting one is better than the 6 books. I like to think of it more like this though. 

You buy one book on Amazon, let's say "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe"(reasoning to follow), and it arrives with the first and last 50 pages and a couple pages in the middle. Now you read it all and there is just enough to make sense and a complete story, so product delivered,  right? Now every few months they fill in the missing pages and you are like, yeah free pages. But,  they also make revisions to the previous pages so you have to reread it or be completely lost. For example, in the original first 50 pages a child goes into a wardrobe and is transported to Narnia and then comes back. In the first addition you find out she comes back to get her siblings and has them climb into the bathtub and when the shower is turned on they are transported Seattle. You would be like WTF is going on here. That is basically what is happening here. We are getting late content as free content and modified content that drastically changes the original product. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

All bullshit excuses.

Welcome to reality.

Software is the only industry that does this, as does so because it can get away with it, and even then, game software is by far the worst culprit. It's about cutting corners due to greed, and having a fandom that allows it, not any inherent level of complexity that's worse than other industries.

Of course greed is the driving factor. What do you think this is, a fairy tale? You have to understand that these creators also have a passion and a skill for what they are doing. I don't know if you ever met anyone like that but they do not like to do shit work. They are not trying to pull the wool over your eyes (there are always exceptions though). I don't see any evidence of malice from Gun/Illfonic. From what I can tell, at least a strong core of them must have a passion and dedication to making this a great video game representation of Friday the 13th. What they've done so far has turned out too well to think otherwise. (and I'm not even considering glitches and balance issues, they're worth it anyway).

You're not conducting brain surgery. You're not launching rockets into space. You're not designing aircraft. You're not even making software that assists in those fields. I don't care how hard you think it is - there's plenty of harder jobs that don't use the same excuses.

You also continue to be ignorant to the fact that Gun/Illfonic are extremely limited in resources. You are relating them to industries that are well funded, well supplied and well staffed. Even AAA titles, that have all the resources, have similar troubles. And it is obviously hard, producing software, because it's industry wide. And again, how do you know how difficult it is or isn't? The term, "you have some nerve" comes to mind. 

No it doesn't. It means that I have an understanding of it. It's like someone that knows computers. When their computer breaks down, they're cool because they know what's going on inside. When that happens to a normal person, that black box is a nightmare to them.  And I also don't run around with a "they're out to get you" mentality, like a lot of people do. 

ANY industry that could get away with it would release works in progress (lacking in content and testing) if they could. It's only a gaming audience that has the lack of self-respect and sheer blinkered fanboyism to allow it.

I don't think you have enough evidence to make a claim like that. You're making way too big of assumptions.  

The bottom line is.....well, the bottom line. You're just gonna waste your energy fighting the righteous fight against soul crushing greed and industry. Essentially, you're like Don Quixote swinging at the windmills. 

Software comes out fucked up because they cannot afford to wait to find and fix every single bug, across every conceivable configuration of a Windows computer (can't ignore that). The speed of business is flexible but is essentially fixed. Technology is not fast enough to catch up to business yet....it will be though.

So in conclusion, without greed and without industry, there would be no games. And Gun/Illfonic deserve a little more respect than what they've been getting from too many people in places like here. 

i think a huge part of the problem is gun's horrible communication. they release updates like the last one with MASSIVE gameplay changes and then go off the grid when customers start to complain. if they took five minutes to swing by their own message board and say "hey... this is what we're gonna do about your concerns and this is when we're gonna do it" i guarantee you'd see less bitching. look at the response they get from some of the people that complain the loudest when they DO stop by. 

i also think gun was completely unprepared for how rabid of a fan base f13 had. not only do they need to live up to the expectations of video game fans, they need to live up to the expectations of  the fans of arguably the biggest horror movie franchise of all time... a franchise many people people hold dear. 

personally, i think gun needs to reconsider how they roll out their updates. as a rule, people are resistant to change, even if it's a good thing (not saying the last update had many of those.) they need to stop implementing so many drastic changes at once. if they're gonna fuck with jason's grab, for example, they should have made a smaller adjustment, allowed the fanbase to adjust and then, if it was still "too OP" adjusted it a little more with the next update. they should also only add one or two new features at a time instead of dropping a bunch of big changes at once.  there doesn't seem to be middle ground with these guys. 

with all of that being said, it's silly to bitch about the price. even with all of the frustrations I've had, this game and the dlcs have been worth every penny and I've certainly gotten my money's worth. I've spent more than $50 going to a movie i walked out of after an hour. I've literally gotten hundreds of hours worth of play time from this title. 

and the dlcs being expensive? then don't buy 'em. it's the simple. nothing they've released has been required to continue playing. everything is completely optional. the devs have a right to make money off of this title, it's not a charity. as a consumer, we all have the ability to say "no thanks."