20 minutes ago, JPops said:

Well bears I don't recall the tweet was that the F13 support account? 

Pretty sure it was previous to the implimentation of the support Twitter. If you find the time, I'm sure you can find the discussion about it on the forum.

23 minutes ago, JPops said:

As far as single player I am referring to the initial campaign and not the backerkit which was an additional funding period.

Yep. I'm referring to all funding and purchases made after the announcement and price hike for single player. Your post appeared dismissive of the fact most people who own the game purchased it with single player as promised content.

3 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Only thing I couldn't adapt to was the original slow ass button prompt windows.

And the new force field protecting them as they go through... Not much you can do to adapt there though...

25 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Wes tweeted this about an hour ago...

So this means the game stays in its current useless form since it was watered down the toilet since the last update. First they break it and now they dont fix it.

2 minutes ago, Truth said:

And the new force field protecting them as they go through... Not much you can do to adapt there though...

Yeah, that's pretty bullshit. Window looping is way too easy now.

3 minutes ago, AngronKharn said:

So this means the game stays in its current useless form since it was watered down the toilet since the last update. First they break it and now they dont fix it.

Lame.

13 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I still 8/8 or 7/7 every match I'm in as Jason. Yeah his grab does need a slight buff but it's not enough to completely fuck over a game. Sure one or two might slip away because of it but that's why you morph to an objective and come back to them. They're not going anywhere ;)

Really wish people would adapt before they start complaining. Only thing I couldn't adapt to was the original slow ass button prompt windows.

Wait a second you  defend the changes they did with the last update by saying you wish people would adapt bfore they start to complain?

If thats how you think then why did we get that shitty update in the first place? Why werent people able to adat to the game we had before? Why did some people complain about that?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AngronKharn said:

Wait a second you  defend the changes they did with the last update by saying you wish people would adapt bfore they start to complain?

If thats how you think then why did we get that shitty update in the first place? Why werent people able to adat to the game we had before? Why did some people complain about that?

I'm saying you can still kill everyone even with the changes. Does Jason need a slight buff? Yes. Should he have been nerfed in the first place? No.

The grab changes aren't the main problem though. There's many other issues that cause new/intermediate players to whiff with Jason. One issue is not being able to take damage while going through windows, as mentioned previously.

2 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

If I remember right, there was a tweet previous to launch where they said consoles would have dedicated servers. Then after launch they said that the tweet was an error. In the time between, no one was corrected by anyone from Gun when saying there would be dedicated servers for consoles at launch. A bungled tweet and no correction is the source of folks thinking there would be dedicated servers.

50 minutes ago, JPops said:

Well bears I don't recall the tweet was that the F13 support account? 

Well, there is that tweet. And, this one that immediately followed it, which i find to be a little funny.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, AngronKharn said:

The difference is that the prior one was unbalanced and Jason had vacuum hands this one isn't. Gripes I've seen that make sense so far are melee hit detection, that's fair, it seems a bit off and windows not being able to be broken if someone is sitting in front of them. Other than that the grab range is good now and that's really all that changed besides items showing up on map once they were picked up and that isn't game breaking either.

@Brigadius thanks for the assist I'll stand corrected on that point. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Yep. I'm referring to all funding and purchases made after the announcement and price hike for single player. Your post appeared dismissive of the fact most people who own the game purchased it with single player as promised content.

@JPops is a company man.

I've never seen him make a single post in response to a controversy that wasn't defending the company, and trying to spin people's complaints.

Mods should mod, not engage in PR.

• Like 5

Working in retail I know first hand that NOTHING motivates me to work harder and faster more than people moaning and complaining.  [Sarcasm intended].  The title of this thread can be taken both ways. "Enough is enough" with the belly-aching.  It doesn't solve anything.  I think someone else said it best. If you're frustrated with the game walk away from it for a bit.  I know I have a few times. 

I agree wholeheartedly that it would be nice if Jason were menacing again and not fodder for memes and unnecessary teabags but I can still manage to be successful even with the nerfs (some of the time).  I have faith that the developers are fans of the franchise (first and foremost) and will bring our "hero" back to form in the coming weeks.  They have been entrusted with this IP for a reason so lets all just take a step back and trust that they want to do right by those who gave them the license to use those characters.  Besides, I think the last thing any of them wants is to make a mockery out of Jason (and by virtue of that Kane himself).  Nobody wants to make Kane angry.  ;)     

As frustrated as folks are with this game, and the path it has temporarily taken, the beauty is that you can take that anger out (in game) on scores of hapless counselors, right?  Or if you can't catch them I find it is also quite cathartic to break every window and door I can find.  I just don't suggest playing Cuphead to get your angst in check... I tried that and it had the opposite effect for me.  

Admittedly the game has definitely become a little bit lather-rinse-repeat and if I could make a suggestion to those Jasons having difficulty remember this:  The counselors know all too well what your likely game plan is... so mix it up.  I would suggest taking out power boxes early and placing traps in random places.  Use stalk often.  Maybe even let the counselors get the phone repaired and then wait inside the cabin in stalk mode so that you can grab them while they are trying to make the call.  Too many players I have shared lobbies with have had the alt-tab mentality and were checking the possible spawn locations of items on each map to try and get certain things done quicker.  A quick hot-fix to address the lack of randomness of some spawn locations would fix that.  

Like that Zeppelin song I've [Rambled] on enough so I'll leave it at that.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

@JPops is a company man.

I've never seen him make a single post in response to a controversy that wasn't defending the company, and trying to spin people's complaints.

Can't it be both ;) jokes aside, all views I give here are my own I happen to agree with a lot of Decisions made and I also correct mis-information if I see it. Nothing more, nothing less.

9 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

@JPops is a company man.

See but @JPops has opinions too. He even has a sense of humor (sometimes)! Of course he's going to defend the devs, but he also understands that sometimes they might fuck up. I don't think you read his last post (right above yours) so I'll quote it:

15 minutes ago, JPops said:

The difference is that the prior one was unbalanced and Jason had vaccume hands this one isn't. Gripes I've seen that make sense so far are melee hit detection, that's fair, it seems a bit off and windows not being able to be broken if someone is sitting in front of them. Other than that the grab range is good now and that's really all that changed besides items showing up on map once they were picked up and that isn't game breaking either.

Other than a typo (vacuum) I can't argue against what he said.

6 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

@JPops is a company man.

I agree. In fairness, maybe everything Gun/Illphonic does is great to him, but even if you're a superfan you would think there are some aspects of this game to be critical of.

I think the game was great before this recent patch. Now it's just meh. Hopefully it gets better.

I really enjoy the group I usually play with and I feel like completing the badges since I only have a handful on each side, but if it weren't for that I'd probably hardly play this game.

• Like 1

Just now, AngronKharn said:

Wait a second you you defend the changes they did with the last update by saying you wish people would adapt bfore they start to complain?

5 minutes ago, JPops said:

The difference is that the prior one was unbalanced and Jason had vaccume hands this one isn't. Gripes I've seen that make sense so far are melee hit detection, that's fair, it seems a bit off and windows not being able to be broken if someone is sitting in front of them. Other than that the grab range is good now and that's really all that changed besides items showing up on map once they were picked up and that isn't game breaking either.

You may think so, I think different.

The last update ruined the game. Balance and vs at the same time is like trying to go left and right at the same time.

If you balance it so that all seven have a fair chance against the one it leads to the easy escapes we have now.Sure expirienced players still can get their kills, but new players will be punchingbags as Jason.

• Like 1

I don't even know why a misspelling is in the dictionary because I did not type it that way lol thanks for the assist!

3 minutes ago, 8bitbobby said:

Working in retail I know first hand that NOTHING motivates me to work harder and faster more than people moaning and complaining.  [Sarcasm intended].  The title of this thread can be taken both ways. "Enough is enough" with the belly-aching.  It doesn't solve anything.  I think someone else said it best. If you're frustrated with the game walk away from it for a bit.  I know I have a few times. 

I agree wholeheartedly that it would be nice if Jason were menacing again and not fodder for memes and unnecessary teabags but I can still manage to be successful even with the nerfs (some of the time).  I have faith that the developers are fans of the franchise (first and foremost) and will bring our "hero" back to form in the coming weeks.  They have been entrusted with this IP for a reason so lets all just take a step back and trust that they want to do right by those who gave them the license to use those characters.  Besides, I think the last thing any of them wants is to make a mockery out of Jason (and by virtue of that Kane himself).  Nobody wants to make Kane angry.  ;)     

As frustrated as folks are with this game, and the path it has temporarily taken, the beauty is that you can take that anger out (in game) on scores of hapless counselors, right?  Or if you can't catch them I find it is also quite cathartic to break every window and door I can find.  I just don't suggest playing Cuphead to get your angst in check... I tried that and it had the opposite effect for me.  

Admittedly the game has definitely become a little bit lather-rinse-repeat and if I could make a suggestion to those Jasons having difficulty remember this:  The counselors know all too well what your likely game plan is... so mix it up.  I would suggest taking out power boxes early and placing traps in random places.  Use stalk often.  Maybe even let the counselors get the phone repaired and then wait inside the cabin in stalk mode so that you can grab them while they are trying to make the call.  Too many players I have shared lobbies with have had the alt-tab mentality and were checking the possible spawn locations of items on each map to try and get certain things done quicker.  A quick hot-fix to address the lack of randomness of some spawn locations would fix that.  

Like that Zeppelin song I've [Rambled] on enough so I'll leave it at that.  

I tried that. Cops were called before I could even morph to the 2nd power box. GG.

Again a plethora of factors are making this game too easy for the counselors.

And the whole, "quit complaining" argument. Well apparently Gun/Illfonic are catoring to the people who thought it was too difficult. They complained and their voices were heard apparently. So I would say I and others hear also have a right to complain as well.

2 hours ago, AngronKharn said:

You may think so, I think different.

The last update ruined the game. Balance and vs at the same time is like trying to go left and right at the same time.

If you balance it so that all seven have a fair chance against the one it leads to the easy escapes we have now.Sure expirienced players still can get their kills, but new players will be punchingbags as Jason.

You are entitled to your opinion, fair enough. However there is a learning curve to any game. You don't pick up a game and you are a professional player. That will happen with anything. If you think that no one should escape if someone slips then what exactly is the point of playing counselors? Just stand there and grab your 500XP? People need to remember that the game is as close to the movies at it possibly can be you also have to remember this is a game first and foremost. If you have a pre-determined fate to only allow one to leave each game that's not really going to be fun now is it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I still 8/8 or 7/7 every match I'm in as Jason. Yeah his grab does need a slight buff but it's not enough to completely fuck over a game. Sure one or two might slip away because of it but that's why you morph to an objective and come back to them. They're not going anywhere ;)

Really wish people would adapt before they start complaining. Only thing I couldn't adapt to was the original slow ass button prompt windows.

the Grab is not the only issue Jason has at this point...that makes him suck

5 minutes ago, JPops said:

I don't even know why a misspelling is in the dictionary because I did not type it that way lol thanks for the assist!

Can't really blame you for using it then lol

My phone's auto correct will use a misspelled word sometimes if I accidentally used it once. THAT gets annoying.

1 minute ago, JPops said:

If you have a pre-determined fate to only allow one to leave each game that's not really going to be fun now is it?

I try to say the same thing, but nobody seems to get it...

6 minutes ago, 8bitbobby said:

Working in retail I know first hand that NOTHING motivates me to work harder and faster more than people moaning and complaining.  [Sarcasm intended]. 

The people who complain have every right to do so. They paid money for a product and now the mechanics of the product were changed.

Lets say you bought and own a sportscar, now you take it to the service and when you get it back they say: "We made some minor changes, its a van now." wouldnt you be upset?

Thats not what you wanted and not what you have seen when you bought it

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AngronKharn said:

The people who complain have every right to do so. They paid money for a product and now the mechanics of the product were changed.

Lets say you bought and own a sportscar, now you take it to the service and when you get it back they say: "We made some minor changes, its a van now." wouldnt you be upset?

Thats not what you wanted and not what you have seen when you bought it

Exactly

Regardless of what exactly "enough is enough" means to you personally, I think the very fact that we are all on here yapping it up in detail about the game means that we really care about it and it has a level of "being special" that many other games wouldn't bother evoking in us.

99% of the games I play I wouldn't bother for naught complaining about it, let alone coming onto a website and posting.

I was on this game back in 2015 on Day One and I will be here for the ride.  So, let us not confuse strong criticism for hatred for the game.  Like a parent who berates their child, it is out of love and a wish for improvement.  ;)

4 hours ago, JPops said:

All games suffer from new code breaking old code it unfortunately happens. The recent Jason changes are balance chances and not a result of anything being broken. 

EPIC FAIL.

lol

1 hour ago, JPops said:

The difference is that the prior one was unbalanced and Jason had vacuum hands this one isn't. Gripes I've seen that make sense so far are melee hit detection, that's fair, it seems a bit off and windows not being able to be broken if someone is sitting in front of them. Other than that the grab range is good now and that's really all that changed besides items showing up on map once they were picked up and that isn't game breaking either.

The game's prior patch was balanced. It was fine. Everyone I know LOVED it, vacuum hands and all. 

Have you even seen some of the old gameplay streams? It looks like they're having a party!

That's what this game used to be. An absolute, unmitigated BLAST. Not anymore.

I sure do hope they fix it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JPops said:

You are entitled to your opinion, fair enough. However there is a learning curve to any game. You don't pick up a game and you are a professional player. That will happen with anything. If you think that no one should escape if someone slips then what exactly is the point of playing counselors? Just stand there and grab your 500XP? People need to remember that the game is as close to the movies at it possibly can't but you also have to remember this is a game first and foremost. If you have a pre-determined fate to only allow one to leave each game that's not really going to be fun now is it?

I'm not sure how people can't understand this viewpoint at all. People already leave if they aren't Jason even after all the nerfs but can you imagine the shitstorm if 7/8 players were predestined to die every match? The game would die off within a few days.

Constructive criticism. I'll all for THAT.  I also agree that people have a right to be upset, but there is a fine line between stating your case and leveling accusations. The implications (made by some) that the developers are liars for having to delay certain features and/or thieves because they haven't awarded certain items to backers yet is a little harsh. If development finishes on this game, DLC dries up and they STILL haven't made good on all promises then you have my sincerest apologies. Try to keep in mind that even though some things have not come to fruition they have added other things that were over and above what was promised and some of their focus has been on fixing things that they hadn't accounted for. I'm not saying they are right for trying to please the masses at the expense of the few, but here we are. 

I think we can all agree with what LuckyDrunkTed said and that we are all (in our own ways) passionate about this game.  Those who defend it and those who are upset by its shortcomings.  If we didn't care so much about it there would be nothing to discuss. I'm just trying to approach this "discussion" with a less toxicity and a little more levity. I welcome banter if it serves to forward the game, but unfortunately, most of what I read on this board is negativity. The manner in which some are calling out the developers on their mistakes might just be a little bit heavy-handed; that's all I'm saying. 

We can agree to disagree and I'm okay with that.  Despite my thoughts on where I think the game should be and how much it does or doesn't meet MY expectations, I try to remember that they are a small company with people just like you and me who are fans and are just trying to do their best.  I have to believe that they did not set out to mislead, confuse or annoy their customer base. 

If my post serves no other purpose perhaps it will give another direction to point your anger toward.  : /