When can we expect an update that fixes this broken mess? I am at the end of my road in regards to patience with this title, it has been  a hot mess since launch. Numerous updates that break core game play mechanics, no dedicated servers that were promised to us before launch. The complete joke that ended up being "single player late summer" when we still have NO offline bots. Digital players still don't have their bloody Jason skins. $400 level backers never got their counselor database reward tier (thievery) Game play nerfs that completely make Jason underpowered( why do counselors get a speed buff when I hit them with a throwing knife???) 

You owe it to everyone that backed this game, made it financially possible, and supported you through all the BS to help you sell more copies. That time is about at an end, and I seriously hope that by me just listing a tiny bit of the issues with this game (albeit the more Important ones), that you'll actually respond to our criticism and concerns, as these are not just mine. But I feel, all of ours, as a collective whole, feel this way. 

Make it right GunMedia, the ball is definitely in your court, but you only have time for one, maybe two more shots. Make em count... 

• Like 10

They are doing the best they can to fix everything, but they are a small company. I too have my gripes about the game and I totally understand as a backer, not getting what's promised and you dropped all that money.. BUT hang in there, things will get better.

Take a breather from the game for a few days, its what I do when things get too annoying for me.

I know this doesn't help, but hey I am with you with getting annoyed.

A couple items. Dedicated servers were never promised before launch. Only platform that was slated to get it was PC. An announcement was made in regard to dedicated servers coming to console much later and those will be coming online in the near future. 

The game was marketed and sold as a 7v1 asymmetrical multi-player game and that is what was delivered. Single player was announced after the campaign and it became delayed which sometimes happens it was not a launch promise but an addition to the game that was sold and backed as a multi-player game. 

I have no knowledge about the counselor database however I am sure it's implementation will be coming in a future update. 

All games suffer from new code breaking old code it unfortunately happens. The recent Jason changes are balance chances and not a result of anything being broken. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, JPops said:

A couple items. Dedicated servers were never promised before launch. Only platform that was slated to get it was PC. An announcement was made in regard to dedicated servers coming to console much later and those will be coming online in the near future. 

seriously why would they not have dedicated servers for all 3 platforms from day one it just makes sense from business perspective if they were eventually gonna do it anyway

• Like 1

I’ve had my gripes with this game. But mostly with the way Gun has handled things more than the game itself. Very unprofessional at times, but I just figure that has to do with them being “new” to the scene. On that aspect, I’ve learned my lesson and will never back a project from them again. That being said, I think the game plays the best it ever has right now. I don’t have any real issues with it. Aside from the occasional minor glitch. I’m loving the game itself. And can’t wait for single player. 

• Like 1

don't get me wrong I love the game but at this point the game should be sold as an early access game,  because it's so far from a full game, the game should only cost  around $19.99 it only has one mode, not only they are changing so much of the core game play for casual gamer who knows what kind of game we will end up with,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JPops said:

Dedicated servers were never promised before launch.

If I remember right, there was a tweet previous to launch where they said consoles would have dedicated servers. Then after launch they said that the tweet was an error. In the time between, no one was corrected by anyone from Gun when saying there would be dedicated servers for consoles at launch. A bungled tweet and no correction is the source of folks thinking there would be dedicated servers.

1 hour ago, JPops said:

The game was marketed and sold as a 7v1 asymmetrical multi-player game and that is what was delivered. Single player was announced after the campaign and it became delayed which sometimes happens it was not a launch promise but an addition to the game that was sold and backed as a multi-player game.

Another correction- single player wasn't initially a launch promise but became one as of October 2016 when they announced the delay to include it. The game has been marketed and sold since saying that single player will be included, or added. We weren't made aware of the single player delay until around when the game's release date was given.

All persons who donated previous to the announcement of single player have received the promised multiplayer game they backed. Anyone who purchased the game after the announcement of single player has not received their full game yet. As well, the price of the game was adjusted at that point to reflect the addition of single player. Single player is by no means a free addition or a gift as people have been paying for it since the $10 price jump.

I imagine if the game has sold 1.8 million copies, there are a ton of people (likely the majority) who bought after October 2016 and haven't received in-full the game they've paid for.

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I imagine if the game has sold 1.8 million copies

That was before the physical release too. I haven't seen any official numbers, but I'm sure they've sold  A LOT more than that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Truth said:

That was before the physical release too. I haven't seen any official numbers, but I'm sure they've sold  A LOT more than that.

Great point.

How do they not realize that with the combination of nerfs they fed Jason, plus the Perks being a tad overpowered, that is basically a survival fest anymore? There is NO tension at all with this game, and escapes no longer feel accomplished, more like a given. They have absolutely 100% broken the core element of this game, and that's Jason as the ultimate killing machine. Way to go devs, round of applause!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Tim Voorhees13 said:

How do they not realize that with the combination of nerfs they fed Jason, plus the Perks being a tad overpowered, that is basically a survival fest anymore? There is NO tension at all with this game, and escapes no longer feel accomplished, more like a given. They have absolutely 100% broken the core element of this game, and that's Jason as the ultimate killing machine. Way to go devs, round of applause!

I still see plenty of people killing everyone, I don't quite get what all the frustration is there. Yes the grab is nerfed, yes the traps are a little harder to place now, so yes it is a bit more of a challenge. I wouldn't say any of this "broke" the game. It just catered to the people that were really good with Jason AND the people that were really bad with counselors. BALANCED, not broken.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Another correction- single player wasn't initially a launch promise but became one as of October 2016 when they announced the delay to include it. The game has been marketed and sold since saying that single player will be included, or added. We weren't made aware of the single player delay until around when the game's release date was given.

I still can't believe how long it's taking them to release single player/offline...

And how long it's going to take them to patch/fix it after it finally does come out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Truth said:

I still see plenty of people killing everyone, I don't quite get what all the frustration is there. Yes the grab is nerfed, yes the traps are a little harder to place now, so yes it is a bit more of a challenge. I wouldn't say any of this "broke" the game. It just catered to the people that were really good with Jason AND the people that were really bad with counselors. BALANCED, not broken.

That's the problem right there: balance.

This game is balanced when it is unbalanced.  Jason should be OP, and your chances of survival slim to none.  Nerfing Jason so it's a 50/50 or better shot to escape as a counselor every round is not how it should be.

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, LuckyDrunkTed said:

That's the problem right there: balance.

This game is balanced when it is unbalanced.  Jason should be OP, and your chances of survival slim to none.  Nerfing Jason so it's a 50/50 or better shot to escape as a counselor every round is not how it should be.

Seems you're just playing with other shitty Jasons then. I see people killing the whole lobby all the time. I still die, I still get plenty of kills. I wouldn't say it's 50/50 unless your just playing with new people or shitty players.

2 minutes ago, Truth said:

Seems you're just playing with other shitty Jasons then. I see people killing the whole lobby all the time. I still die, I still get plenty of kills. I wouldn't say it's 50/50 unless your just playing with new people or shitty players.

When the game first came out, before Jason was nerfed, he crushed everyone just about every time.  Even crap Jasons eventually got you.

Now?

If the counselors don't escape, they're doing it wrong.  Escape should never feel like the expectation, but like a lottery hit.  They've nerfed Jason down too much to satisfy the wuss crowd.

That said, good Jasons can still be lethal.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LuckyDrunkTed said:

When the game first came out, before Jason was nerfed, he crushed everyone just about every time.  Even crap Jasons eventually got you.

Now?

If the counselors don't escape, they're doing it wrong.  Escape should never feel like the expectation, but like a lottery hit.  They've nerfed Jason down too much to satisfy the wuss crowd.

That said, good Jasons can still be lethal.

Exactly. I wouldn't say this was for "the wuss crowd", but rather it's for the new disc release players that haven't had the last few months to get good with Jason. It's giving THEM a chance to get some escapes in while dealing with those of us that have gotten good with him. Having shitty players wiping lobbies with little to no effort just isn't fun. I want to be challenged on BOTH sides of this game, not just when I'm a counselor. That's why I'm happy (for the most part...) about the changes. I agree it's not perfectly balanced, but it was a step in the right direction. They'll tweak it until they get it right.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Truth said:

Exactly. I wouldn't say this was for "the wuss crowd", but rather it's for the new disc release players that haven't had the last few months to get good with Jason. It's giving THEM a chance to get some escapes in while dealing with those of us that have gotten good with him. Having shitty players wiping lobbies with little to no effort just isn't fun. I want to be challenged on BOTH sides of this game, not just when I'm a counselor. That's why I'm happy (for the most part...) about the changes. I agree it's not perfectly balanced, but it was a step in the right direction. They'll tweak it until they get it right.

Except it's doing the opposite- "good" Jason players are irritated with the mechanics becoming different than what they've used from the beginning, so they're shifting their preference to counselor, pretty well ensuring that in a QP lobby, you'll get the level 10 who hasn't set preferences, as Jason against a lobby of experienced counselors, and they're not "getting escapes in", they're getting worked for six minutes, then quitting when someone gets through a window.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bewareofbears said:

If I remember right, there was a tweet previous to launch where they said consoles would have dedicated servers. Then after launch they said that the tweet was an error. In the time between, no one was corrected by anyone from Gun when saying there would be dedicated servers for consoles at launch. A bungled tweet and no correction is the source of folks thinking there would be dedicated servers.

All persons who donated previous to the announcement of single player have received the promised multiplayer game they backed. Anyone who purchased the game after the announcement of single player has not received their full game yet. As well, the price of the game was adjusted at that point to reflect the addition of single player. Single player is by no means a free addition or a gift as people have been paying for it since the $10 price jump.

I imagine if the game has sold 1.8 million copies, there are a ton of people (likely the majority) who bought after October 2016 and haven't received in-full the game they've paid for.

Well bears I don't recall the tweet was that the F13 support account? 

As far as single player I am referring to the initial campaign and not the backerkit which was an additional funding period.

2 minutes ago, SDA said:

Except it's doing the opposite- "good" Jason players are irritated with the mechanics becoming different than what they've used from the beginning, so they're shifting their preference to counselor, pretty well ensuring that in a QP lobby, you'll get the level 10 who hasn't set preferences, as Jason against a lobby of experienced counselors, and they're not "getting escapes in", they're getting worked for six minutes, then quitting when someone gets through a window.

Which is EXACTLY why we are getting complaints that it's too easy to escape. Just because THEY changed their preference and the new player is now forced into being Jason.

1 minute ago, AldermachXI said:

Wes tweeted this about an hour ago...

I don't know how to feel about that...

3 minutes ago, Truth said:

Which is EXACTLY why we are getting complaints that it's too easy to escape. Just because THEY changed their preference and the new player is now forced into being Jason.

But THEY (People invested in playing enough to be good at it) should be where you aim your improvements, not in the opposite direction. I'd like people not to let ego get in the way, but I'll believe it when I see more "I'm a really good Jason, but a good lobby just worked me" posts and less, "I'm not very good, but on average, I get 8/8 as Jason" posts.

3 minutes ago, SDA said:

But THEY (People invested in playing enough to be good at it) should be where you aim your improvements, not in the opposite direction.

I think they did... When we keep seeing posts saying "I got 8/8" or "I never survive" that just means playing as Jason is too easy. So they made it more difficult.

I think they might've taken it too far, but I still believe they made a step in the right direction. Like I said before, it's not perfectly balance and they will tweak it until they get it right. I'm just glad to see an attempt towards a more balanced game. I know a lot of people aren't happy with the changes, but they are still trying to find the balance. Until they do, we will continue to see tweaks like this last one.

56 minutes ago, Truth said:

I still 8/8 or 7/7 every match I'm in as Jason. Yeah his grab does need a slight buff but it's not enough to completely fuck over a game. Sure one or two might slip away because of it but that's why you morph to an objective and come back to them. They're not going anywhere ;)

Really wish people would adapt before they start complaining. Only thing I couldn't adapt to was the original slow ass button prompt windows.

• Like 2