VenomSymbiote

Things they should do to tweak counselors.

13 hours ago, VenomSymbiote said:

Seeing as Camp Crystal Lake is still a bit too scary for some people, I believe a few more tweaks need to be made to the counselors. 

Stamina: Mechanic that just needs to go. How can you get from one side of the map to the other with a stamina bar? Nonsense. 

Weapons breaking: sigh Nothing breaks immersion more than a baseball bat snapping in half after one swing. Come on!

Objective items not showing up until picked up: Really?! The counselors would obviously know where all this stuff is. They work there!

Perks: 3 perks is just far too few. These are camp counselors! They'd have at least 5 skills to their name at least.

Messing up repairs: Nothings worse than that minigame just being a giant jerk. Give the counselors like 2 chances to mess up before Jason gets notified. 

Jasons traps: These should really just make you stumble. As is they do far too much damage and just hinder your ability to get things done. That's no fun!

Jasons weapons: We all know those terribly rude Jasons that only go for slash kills. To alleviate this horrid issue Jasons weapon should break after a few swings. He can go pick one up at his home each time it breaks. 

Let me know what you guys think and add your suggestions! :D

Seriously?......Just saying but these ideas are just dumb! That’s my opinion about it so deal with it.

Just now, The Real Chad Kensington said:

Seriously?......Just saying but these ideas are just dumb! That’s my opinion about it so deal with it.

It was sarcasm lol.

39 minutes ago, The Real Chad Kensington said:

Op was just trolling. Just ignore this thread.

As I stated, I'm not trolling. My suggestions are as valid as all the others that have been done already in the game. Just because you're afraid of the counselors having a chance to escape some day doesn't make it any less a good suggestion. 

7 hours ago, VenomSymbiote said:

So silly, I can't cover up with a handkerchief! 

It's for the tears, dearie. I'm gonna need it back once you're done though ;)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Barbara Ann said:

Don't you get it, Barbara? He's teaching this forum a lesson through his elite levels of sophisticated sarcasm and unassailable logic. It must have worked once for him when he was little. 

• Like 1

for all people crying for this post, why you dont say the same about all the topics about  "tweak" Jason that are just like this? LOL

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Trollskau said:

for all people crying for this post, why you dont say the same about all the topics about  "tweak" Jason that are just like this? LOL

I almost made my own parody thread with suggestions to tweak Jason, like stepping in traps is an insta-kill, all abilities are available at the start of the match and there’s no cooldown, grabs can’t be broken out of etc. but I knew it wouldn’t be worth the backlash lol. 

3 hours ago, Trollskau said:

Obviously it's because Jason is just far far too OP, my friend. I mean dancing and teabagging Jason is fine but giving HONEST criticism isn't? Pffft, the nerve. I mean if my topic was being sarcastic and passive aggressive, which it isn't mind you, would it really be any different from the dancing and teabagging that is done to Jason now? Granted these actions are completely warranted for how insanely OP Jason still is, but that's besides the point!

It's for the tears, dearie. I'm gonna need it back once you're done though 

Oh! I see now! Why thank you, Barb! I wouldn't be so sad if Jason wasn't so insanely powerful still. It's just not fair to the counselors you know? Sigh. I've never seen a single Friday movie and I can't stand horror games, so I think I know a thing or two about how counselors should feel while playing! Know what I mean? 

• Like 1

Here's another serious answer if you didn't make this thread to be annoying.

1)  Your ideas only have one perspective: Counselors.

Set your spawn preference to Jason for a bit and play as him a few times. You will see Counselors have more chance to escape than you think.

2) Before the last patch Jason was a demon to deal with. He used to have a supernatural reach that allowed him to catch someone out of arm's length.

Now it really is at arm's length. Counselors have to be right in front of him, toe-to-toe, to be caught now. Actually a challenge to be running him now. I like it. And I liked playing as Jason long before this patch.

3) If you actually look at it from both sides of the spectrum counselors are OP, especially if they run together. If a pocket knife doesn't free you from his grab the other person will by simply hitting him.

If you really are serious take this into consideration.

Maybe this is a performance art, and he's playing his interpretation of a counselor sympathizer.

Wait, let me try. I'm gonna play a Jason sympathizer.

And ACTION!

Jason should be able to fly.

If someone is on the boat, Jason should be able to freeze the lake with his mind powers.   

If someone hits Jason, it kills another counselor and Jason gets the points. 

Jason should be able to throw his mask like a boomerang. 

Jason needs an extra arm on his back to stop counselors from behind. 

When Jason is in rage, not only should he be able to break a door down in one hit, he should break the whole cabin down in one hit...instantly killing every counselor. Even if they're nowhere near the cabin.

If 2 or more people are using the same counselor, no matter which gets hit, they all get the same damage. I call it the Identical Twin Patch. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Barbara Ann said:

Why would u want a used handkerchief back?

11 hours ago, Trollskau said:

Because those posts are actually made with intent to converse about them. This one was just to troll. I don't care how many times you say it @VenomSymbiote, this is a troll thread and you know it.

It's hilarious that the people who love to teabag and dance at Jason can't handle some honest criticism. I mean, the counselors are so weak at the moment that you just can't STAND the possibility of them getting a buff, thus negating your reason to teabag and dance. Such a shame. 

• Like 1

You know how you can counter the whole teabagging thing?

Give Jason actual testicles that he pulls out after each kill for a proper teabag animation. 

This thread is hilarious. Don't know how the joke has gone over so many people's heads :D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

This thread is hilarious. Don't know how the joke has gone over so many people's heads :D

I originally decided to play along to see what would come of it, but now the thread has basically devolved into sarcasm. I regret ever posting here since I can't help but wonder if this troll thread would've died off quickly if no one paid attention to it.

The purpose of the suggestions/feedback area is for people to freely post their ideas, but it's done under the context that you're trying to shape the game for the better. But this thread was created with the design of antagonizing people; VenomSymbiote has made it very clear in his previous posts (as well as on other various threads) that he has no interest in civility, and the fact he created a troll thread on what is supposed to be a serious discussion area of the forums shows this.

18 hours ago, Trident77 said:

I originally decided to play along to see what would come of it, but now the thread has basically devolved into sarcasm. I regret ever posting here since I can't help but wonder if this troll thread would've died off quickly if no one paid attention to it.

The purpose of the suggestions/feedback area is for people to freely post their ideas, but it's done under the context that you're trying to shape the game for the better. But this thread was created with the design of antagonizing people; VenomSymbiote has made it very clear in his previous posts (as well as on other various threads) that he has no interest in civility, and the fact he created a troll thread on what is supposed to be a serious discussion area of the forums shows this.

I think you're taking it too seriously. Nothing wrong with having a laugh now and then about the game, considering just how much people are losing their minds over this latest patch. Anyone who knows me on here knows I have a habit of making lengthy posts about gameplay and serious discussions about it. So if I can laugh about it sometimes, I'm sure you can too. If it's just not your thing, well no need to participate in it.

• Like 1

On 06/11/2017 at 7:31 AM, VenomSymbiote said:

Seeing as Camp Crystal Lake is still a bit too scary for some people, I believe a few more tweaks need to be made to the counselors. 

Stamina: Mechanic that just needs to go. How can you get from one side of the map to the other with a stamina bar? Nonsense. 

Weapons breaking: sigh Nothing breaks immersion more than a baseball bat snapping in half after one swing. Come on!

Objective items not showing up until picked up: Really?! The counselors would obviously know where all this stuff is. They work there!

Perks: 3 perks is just far too few. These are camp counselors! They'd have at least 5 skills to their name at least.

Messing up repairs: Nothings worse than that minigame just being a giant jerk. Give the counselors like 2 chances to mess up before Jason gets notified. 

Jasons traps: These should really just make you stumble. As is they do far too much damage and just hinder your ability to get things done. That's no fun!

Jasons weapons: We all know those terribly rude Jasons that only go for slash kills. To alleviate this horrid issue Jasons weapon should break after a few swings. He can go pick one up at his home each time it breaks. 

Let me know what you guys think and add your suggestions! :D

3 perks can be very powerful but everyone is always taking the same ( thick shinned , medic ) perks need a revamp for sure upgrade maybe.

Stamina : as Jason is slow no he is good that way as players jogging can outrun if he is getting close you run a little then jog again.

Objective items : Items is good that way but need more randomness there is two spawn pattern he need more.

Jason traps : as they were patched to stop stacking traps i should say that traps have a perk dedicated called scout i think but doesn't reduce damage but reduce the time to free yourself there is a thing they can do about trap is to add two features one being able to help another counselors trapped to free him and second a minigame you desarm them composure make it easier.

Repairs : nothing to say about it but i do not say that two chance should be applied.

Jason weapons : Range should be increased a little as sometime hit detection don't work.

23 hours ago, Trident77 said:

I've been quite civil throughout the whole topic and in other posts. I have at times lashed out at the devs when the servers were fucked or when a new patch breaks something, or people who antagonize other players and Jason as I find it unsportsmanlike. Granted that's a bit hypocritical, but nobody is perfect. I admit it was mostly meant to poke fun at all the tweaks the counselors have gotten which, in my opinion, make Jason far less of a threat. They've had tweaks and changes as well as things reworked to get around actual in game trolls, but nothing in Jasons favor to counter these. Jason can still get a lot of the counselors but that doesn't mean there's much if any tension when he's around anymore. I have several times before explained these in both thought out posts, and sarcastic passive aggressive snide remarks. I don't believe the devs have commented to anybody, me or otherwise, who have discussed these concerns.

I've seen people give honest well thought out posts about many things in the game that a lot of people agree on or are displeased by that still haven't been fixed. Jasons map arrow still disappears which is really shitty when trying to morph around as him. I've seen people explain in great detail why Jason 7 has no right to be as shit as he is. The windows and doors are still not functioning how they should. Jasons weapon hitbox not hitting counselors, even the spear and pitchfork, which are meant to have longer reach. What do they change instead? Tweak how Jason can use his traps, change his op grab range into a mess instead of an acceptable alteration (this is not a complaint about shift grab but about grabs not going off even if they obviously should), show counselors where on the map objective items are. What's the point of an asymmetrical slasher game if you're just going to shine a light on the items needed to escape? They could remove the map icons and add a lost and found box. After five minutes of the item being out somewhere said item gets plopped into the lost and found. Counselors then need to check the box at times, but Jason will know to scout this area out. That's a far better work around to the trolls than simply holding the counselors hands for not working together. Player killing needed to be removed, but in doing so it nerfed Jason. Counselors don't have to worry about damaging their friends when in his grip anymore. They can swing away like mad with no repercussions. 

So yes I was mocking the whole ordeal and didn't expect people to be so far on the counselors side to take it to heart. My opinion is that Jason keeps becoming less of a threat in the eyes of the counselors and that's a problem. I don't see how anyone who is a fan of horror games or Friday the 13th could be happy with that. Jason being able to get everyone or not doesn't matter if they just perceive him as a big joke now. 

Edited by VenomSymbiote

Troll/joke threads go in the off-topic section. This thread appears to have rubbed a few people the wrong way, so I will be locking it to prevent any potential for flaming.