VenomSymbiote

Things they should do to tweak counselors.

Seeing as Camp Crystal Lake is still a bit too scary for some people, I believe a few more tweaks need to be made to the counselors. 

Stamina: Mechanic that just needs to go. How can you get from one side of the map to the other with a stamina bar? Nonsense. 

Weapons breaking: sigh Nothing breaks immersion more than a baseball bat snapping in half after one swing. Come on!

Objective items not showing up until picked up: Really?! The counselors would obviously know where all this stuff is. They work there!

Perks: 3 perks is just far too few. These are camp counselors! They'd have at least 5 skills to their name at least.

Messing up repairs: Nothings worse than that minigame just being a giant jerk. Give the counselors like 2 chances to mess up before Jason gets notified. 

Jasons traps: These should really just make you stumble. As is they do far too much damage and just hinder your ability to get things done. That's no fun!

Jasons weapons: We all know those terribly rude Jasons that only go for slash kills. To alleviate this horrid issue Jasons weapon should break after a few swings. He can go pick one up at his home each time it breaks. 

Let me know what you guys think and add your suggestions! :D

Edited by VenomSymbiote
  • Like 3

Jason should have a pinata skin. Every time you hit him, candy comes out. It'll help with immersion since we can dance in celebration.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VenomSymbiote said:

Seeing as Camp Crystal Lake is still a bit too scary for some people, I believe a few more tweaks need to be made to the counselors. 

Stamina: Mechanic that just needs to go. How can you get from one side of the map to the other with a stamina bar? Nonsense. 

This proposal confuses me. Are you saying stamina should be the same for everyone? Because it would feel very weird seeing someone who is fat like Eric being able to jog at Vanessa's level.

Weapons breaking: sigh Nothing breaks immersion more than a baseball bat snapping in half after one swing. Come on!

That might be related to the hit box issue, but let me put it in this perspective: Do you want to return to the time when Chad could swing the baseball bat a whopping five times? I've seen quite a bit of people getting pissed about Jason as of the latest patch, so buffing this area wouldn't be the greatest way to begin the next patch.

Objective items not showing up until picked up: Really?! The counselors would obviously know where all this stuff is. They work there!

But they are also being hunted down by a supernatural mass murderer. That fact alone would probably screw with them mentally, and there are some people who believe the camp was actually in the preparation stage way before it could be officially opened. It would definitely explain why there are shotguns that are chambered with lethal self-defense rounds in places where children could easily obtain them. Point is, the counselors might have just arrived to the camp for their first day of training, and were winding down in the evening before Jason showed up. Everything there might've been abandoned from the last time a group of people tried to set up camp.

Perks: 3 perks is just far too few. These are camp counselors! They'd have at least 5 skills to their name at least.

Perks would either have to be severely nerfed, or they all would have to be the level of usefulness with things like "barricadings doors faster."

Messing up repairs: Nothings worse than that minigame just being a giant jerk. Give the counselors like 2 chances to mess up before Jason gets notified. 

Nope. All I gonna say about that one.

Jasons traps: These should really just make you stumble. As is they do far too much damage and just hinder your ability to get things done. That's no fun!

I actually have an article I'm preparing that talks specifically about the stumble mechanic, but that will be posted later on.

Jasons weapons: We all know those terribly rude Jasons that only go for slash kills. To alleviate this horrid issue Jasons weapon should break after a few swings. He can go pick one up at his home each time it breaks.

Morph's cooldown would need to be reduced in order to make up for this kind of weakness. It'd probably just be easier to introduce weapons Jason can momentarily use when he picks them up (e.g. Harpoon Gun).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Archgamer said:

^I can't believe you took his post seriously. :lol:

Considering that telling the difference between sarcasm as well as truthful admissions of what you want to see changed is becoming very difficult these days, I decided to post seriously.

On a serious note, the Suggestions/Feedback area of the forums are for serious discussion. You guys have the general discussion areas of the forums if you want to continue creating dev/casul bashing threads like what many people have been doing these days.

I figured it was  joke/troll post about 3 lines in.  Or if he is serious, lord help us all, because this is the one post that GUN will take seriously >.<

• Like 1

This thread was a waste of 45 seconds to read. Stop with the troll threads, and for God's sake stop complaining about councelors being OP, they're not.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Theiceman105 said:

This thread was a waste of 45 seconds to read. Stop with the troll threads, and for God's sake stop complaining about councelors being OP, they're not.

On the contrary, Iceman, I know they aren't. In fact I believe they aren't strong enough and the atmosphere as is just does not cater to a broader demographic. With the changes I suggested the game would appeal to more people, make it more fun for the most of the playerbase, and make Crystal Lake a more enjoyable place to visit for everybody. Wouldn't you agree? I'm just looking out for the players.

• Like 1

Seriously @VenomSymbiote, this is clearly a troll thread. Why do you find it necessary to jump on the forums and shit on the game. Find something better to do with your life, this will never make it fulfilling. @JPops what do you think?

5 hours ago, Barbara Ann said:

Oh, there, there... You can have mine, sweetie. 

ea973d92cbfb42db03438a95d93c988c--weddin

This blanket looks like my Grandma's couch she had in the 1980's.

9 hours ago, VenomSymbiote said:

What do I think?  Um, well... 

I think that says it all.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Don't lock this topic, just trash it.

There was not one laugh in here.

Can they just delete posts? I guess I've only seen them get locked or moved. Either way, YES. This post is just taking up space and is completely pointless. I hope @VenomSymbiote enjoyed it, because it just showed everyone how pointless he is.

1 hour ago, Truth said:

Can they just delete posts? I guess I've only seen them get locked or moved. Either way, YES. This post is just taking up space and is completely pointless. I hope @VenomSymbiote enjoyed it, because it just showed everyone how pointless he is.

No more pointless than all the enthusiastic applause everything the devs do to the game, no? Me not wanting the obviously OP Jason to hinder the fun of the counselors is no more worthy to be here than any other suggestion. I'll agree however that I'm pointless, much like everything in the grand scheme of things. Though I guess the topic had enough of a point to get you to reply. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VenomSymbiote said:

Though I guess the topic had enough of a point to get you to reply. 

Sure, I guess it did. Fact remains that you are just another one of the trolls we have to deal with here. Thanks for that...

Well if you post concerns about the game you're labeled a troll. If you are displeased with something like Jason 7s stats, troll. If you feel the counselors have far less tension than they used to, troll. Please let me know what is considered to not be trollish so I can just join in with what everyone else is saying, and thus be accepted. 

Just now, VenomSymbiote said:

Well if you post concerns about the game you're labeled a troll. If you are displeased with something like Jason 7s stats, troll. If you feel the counselors have far less tension than they used to, troll. Please let me know what is considered to not be trollish so I can just join in with what everyone else is saying, and thus be accepted. 

Go ahead and argue your points. I have no problem with that. My problem is that your entire reason for posting this was to troll.

Have a constructive conversation on a thread where the suggested changes actually make sense. Don't just shit on the game because your frustrated with something. Be constructive about it and maybe your voice will matter.

• Like 1

I've seen many constructive suggestions that get ignored time and again. Jason 7 and his cluster of horrid stats, as an example. They've been as is since release. People constructively still dislike the window mechanics yet they're still all sorts of screwed. Weapon hit detection, trap at the driver side of the car door being easy to get past, many things have been constructively discussed. What things get changed, though? Ohh Jason can put two traps near each other forcing me to do something drastic. Oh dear, we can't easily find items that drop after people die, so let's add them to the map. Changes that don't really fix anything broken, just things that make it easier for counselors.

So what exactly did you think this post would accomplish?

Well obviously with all the various tweaks Jason must be far too OP. So I'd like them to properly fix these other issues in order to make the game it appears they truly envision. 

Blanket...? Is that like, a north american thing? That is no blanket! It's a handkerchief. Don't worry, it's clean. 

7 minutes ago, Barbara Ann said:

Blanket...? Is that like, a north american thing? That is no blanket! It's a handkerchief. Don't worry, it's clean. 

So silly, I can't cover up with a handkerchief! 

22 minutes ago, VenomSymbiote said:

Well obviously with all the various tweaks Jason must be far too OP. So I'd like them to properly fix these other issues in order to make the game it appears they truly envision. 

How so?

8 minutes ago, Barbara Ann said:

Not an American thing, I'm pretty sure you're right.

1 minute ago, VenomSymbiote said:

So silly, I can't cover up with a handkerchief! 

That would make for a COOOLLLDDD night...