Sign in to follow this  
Deeify

Composure and Hiding Spots

Does composure help your councelor keep quite while in a hiding spot?  As in, not saying anything when Jason is near?

Also, does composure help you hold your breath longer?

I've found I rarely use hiding spots because Jason can catch you so easily.  It seems better to hide behind a door or something.  That way your councelor is quiet.  Any thoughts on that?

Hiding spots are good for: avoiding sense (especially if you have low fear), reducing fear, and especially regaining stamina.

I'm not sure if Composure has any significance with Hiding, but I sure as hell know that when Vanessa is under a bed, when Jason cuts the power, sometimes her voiced lines don't go off not giving away her position. Probably has something to do with lag, or if its a bug. 

As AJ, if your fear level is low, she doesn't make a peep in hiding spots., even if Jason walks by. Only time she does is when Jason cuts the power. He will only hear if thr powerbox is connnected to thr house she is hiding in. She has high composure and max stealth though. Whereas other characters are high in stealth, they are low in composure, and vice versa. I think she is the only character that does this. 

Personally though, I don't hide really unless I am AJ. Occasionally if I ran and dodged him and want to avoid his sense. Or if I spawn in the phone house and Jason morphs there immediately. Also, if the cops have been called and I want to head to a cabin close between two exit points. I hide to avoid Sense, but if Jason breaks the door down, I hop out and fight/flee.

Hiding for short periods of time is a great tactic to avoid Jason pre Rage mode, as you will never be picked up on Jason’s Sense. 

If Jason morphs near by the camp I’m in. I’ll usually hide until he leaves the area. I never understood why I see counselors crouch when Jason is outside and there’s  a perfectly good bed to hide under, as not hiding is just a matter of time before Jason uses Sense and the cabin will grow red.

high composed characters build fear slower. The higher your fear the higher the chance you may scream if Jason enters the cabin and walks by.

Only hold your breath if you’re low composure and your fear is high.

Wait, if you have high composure and you're in a hiding spot Jason can't locate you with Sense? Meaning the house doesn't turn red? Or am I misunderstanding?

1 hour ago, Dolemite said:

Wait, if you have high composure and you're in a hiding spot Jason can't locate you with Sense? Meaning the house doesn't turn red? Or am I misunderstanding?

pretty sure he cant detect anyone in hiding until rage

1 hour ago, Dolemite said:

Jason can’t detect anyone hiding  before Rage mode.

High composed characters just have a better chance they won’t scream if he enters the cabin. And their fear raises slower, so they can avoid Sense more outside of hiding spots early game.

The only problem I have with hiding, is that there is no way of knowing when exactly Jason gets rage.  There's no musical cue for it.  You essentially have to witness Jason walk through a door or just guess that the games gone on long enough for Jason to get rage.  Hard to do.

• Like 1

A little off topic, but why does AJ just do her hiding spot breathing when Jason gets close instead of saying "Please no!" like everyone else?  She's been doing that for awhile now.  I don't play as her much anymore, but I notice it while spectating.

AJ is great for hiding deep in the woods waiting for the police to arrive. Normally I do this while there is like a minute or two before they arrive. When they arrive, I check out who's still alive and where they are on the map. Chances are they are doing ring around the rosie with Jason by the car.. if they are.. I walk to the police. Easy as can be for a nice escape.

7 hours ago, He's Killing Me said:

A little off topic, but why does AJ just do her hiding spot breathing when Jason gets close instead of saying "Please no!" like everyone else?  She's been doing that for awhile now.  I don't play as her much anymore, but I notice it while spectating.

AJ is my main, the only time I hear her say that is if her has a med/high level of fear. 

3 hours ago, Punisher_2099 said:

AJ is great for hiding deep in the woods waiting for the police to arrive. Normally I do this while there is like a minute or two before they arrive. When they arrive, I check out who's still alive and where they are on the map. Chances are they are doing ring around the rosie with Jason by the car.. if they are.. I walk to the police. Easy as can be for a nice escape.

Jenny is good for this as well, but I prefer to try and help others if I can when I play as her.

2 minutes ago, CPLhicks31 said:

Jenny is good for this as well, but I prefer to try and help others if I can when I play as her.

I agree helping is the way to go, but on QP, I always get screwed. I help fix the boat, two people grab it and ride off on it. I help fix the car, someone steals my seat. Sorry I am not 101, I do need the XP.

I will say, I ALWAYS 100% help as Tommy, distract Jason, repair stuff and help folks get away, QP play or private.

• Like 1

As a Jenny player this is what I can tell you about composure. Pre-Rage Jason will not Sense you in a hiding spot if the power is on and the doors are locked. Also he won't detect you in an outhouse or a tent if your fear is low. Hiding while Jason is chasing you is not going to work most of the time. But if Jason is using sense to track down victims from long range pre-rage you won't be the person he senses if he does sense someone if your hiding. As Jenny I tend to move, hide, listen and then move again. This makes me hard to sense. In a match two days ago part 2 Jason sensed me out and started the chase. I broke Jason's eye contact and jumped in an outhouse when he morphed ahead of me. He couldn't sense me so he ended up looking in the cabins for me while I doubled back and lost him.

4 hours ago, Punisher_2099 said:

I agree helping is the way to go, but on QP, I always get screwed. I help fix the boat, two people grab it and ride off on it. I help fix the car, someone steals my seat. Sorry I am not 101, I do need the XP.

I will say, I ALWAYS 100% help as Tommy, distract Jason, repair stuff and help folks get away, QP play or private.

Oh yeah i wasnt judging. I was just describing me. I certainly got my helpful after 101, but not expecting everyone else to play that way too : )

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CPLhicks31 said:

Oh yeah i wasnt judging. I was just describing me. I certainly got my helpful after 101, but not expecting everyone else to play that way too : )

Glad to hear it. from your posts, you are one of the good players I'd enjoy seeing on a server.

If you're unlucky enough to spawn in or near the fuse box house, it really can sometimes be a good option to quickly hide somewhere in the cabin before Jason arrives to (as most of them do) trap up the fusebox. Wait until the danger music can gone and he's morphed away, then come out and start searching. Most Jasons won't return to the fusebox early on if the traps doesn't spring, they're busy with the car and early hunting, so you can search around.

That or you can try running, since Jason has no Shift yet, but if you're not a good stamina character then hiding really can work out.

Of course, maybe you'll get that one Jason that decide to go smash every door, window and hiding spot in the fusebox cabin but hey, you'll hear him coming if that happens ;)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DamonD7 said:

If you're unlucky enough to spawn in or near the fuse box house, it really can sometimes be a good option to quickly hide somewhere in the cabin before Jason arrives to (as most of them do) trap up the fusebox. Wait until the danger music can gone and he's morphed away, then come out and start searching. Most Jason's won't return to the fusebox early on if the traps doesn't spring, they're busy with the car and early hunting, so you can search around.

That or you can try running, since Jason has no Shift yet, but if you're not a good stamina character then hiding really can work out.

Of course, maybe you'll get that one Jason that decide to go smash every door, window and hiding spot in the fusebox cabin but hey, you'll hear him coming if that happens ;)

I spawned at the house with the fuse box last night and I quickly ran inside to hide.. Jason found me, no issues.. walked in and went directly to me. I was hiding as AJ.. so he got lucky or something else. I didn't cry or rage quit, I just hung out, watching others. shrug. just a game.

I've tried hiding from jason, so far its never worked out good for me - interesting to know that his sense cant show you up until rage mode.

3 hours ago, Punisher_2099 said:

I spawned at the house with the fuse box last night and I quickly ran inside to hide.. Jason found me, no issues.. walked in and went directly to me. I was hiding as AJ.. so he got lucky or something else. I didn't cry or rage quit, I just hung out, watching others. shrug. just a game.

It happenned to me a couple times with Vanessa. I hide When I noticed Jason morph and he went straight to the wardrobe I was in. But I think he saw The circles sound, so he knew there was someone in the cabin.

I think the better way is to hide as soon as you realize you're at the phone house. 

13 minutes ago, slvrs said:

It happenned to me a couple times with Vanessa. I hide When I noticed Jason morph and he went straight to the wardrobe I was in. But I think he saw The circles sound, so he knew there was someone in the cabin.

I think the better way is to hide as soon as you realize you're at the phone house. 

I think Vanessa has horrible stealth while moving around, so he may have heard/saw your pings. I was playing AJ, so I was confused, but just shrugged it off to he's a good player and knew his stuff.

Agreed, spawn at the house with the phone.. hide ASAP

7 hours ago, Punisher_2099 said:

Glad to hear it. from your posts, you are one of the good players I'd enjoy seeing on a server.

Thanks that made my morning.