PlayerAgainstTheMachine

Being Jason is cancer and Tommy is not a hero is OP.

This update bring a lot of bad things one of them is make Tommy more "hero". Are you serius?! even if you OP a character he will not be a stupid hero he is gonna be OP as hell and annoying. Instead of not allow him to escape until all counselors escaped they OP more him, like if Jason wasn't nerfed enough. Also they change grab range, now you have the counselor have to be in front of you to grab him, wich is shit because is ridiculous how broken this is. And for last we have bugs everywhere: broken lighting in Jarvis house, bodyblock from Jason, broken stats etc. Im kinda done with this game seriously, is that hard test update before posting them?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Yeah, they have made Jason far too easy to beat,  I would have never bought this game if I knew they were going to eventually update it and take away all the things that actually made the game great. For people complaining about Jason being overpowered he's supposed to be overpowered he is like a boss in a game. I don't remember ever fighting a boss in any kind of video game that wasn't a little hard. When you play as a counselor you should have to be more cautious and fear Jason but they've made Jason into a joke you can just find a table run around it for 15 minutes  and that's pretty much the game

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If a pocket knife, med spray and a shotgun are game breaking you may want to re-evaluate your strategy. Things are tested sure, I also play a lot of quick play and Jason's are performing quite well with the tweaks. Give yourself a little bit of time to adapt to the balance changes and you will be cleaning house in no time ;)

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Screw that !! He should be able to destroy the table or push it out of the way!

4 minutes ago, JPops said:

If a pocket knife, med spray and a shotgun are game breaking you may want to re-evaluate your strategy. Things are tested sure, I also play a lot of quick play and Jason's are performing quite well with the tweaks. Give yourself a little bit of time to adapt to the balance changes and you will be cleaning house in no time ;)

the game is so far from balance it's not even funny the game right now is 7  overpower players versus one.  8 if you count Tommy

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JPops said:

Yep they are game breaking: counselors now see where someone drop things+ grab range is broken+ stats are broken (Deb can stun you with one hit) and Tommy who have 10/10 stats and a shotgun should be enough, the pocket knife and the med spray make things even worse.

• Like 1

I love when people argue by saying "Now a player actually has to be in front of you to grab them because it's broken." Sounds like the word "broken" is very loose to you. But yes, to grab someone they usually need to be at arms length or lunging length, otherwise your arm will miss them. It's basic human dynamics. Just use your other abilities to get closer to them. Grab still works, it's just more realistic (aka harder) but shift and other abilities can still enable you to grab people. Just takes more practice. 

re-think strategies, use every ability available to you, and have a plan of attack. You'll get more kills soon!

Also keep in mind, there are a lot of new players right now and the learning curve for Jason is steeper than counsellors. As these players get better there will be more better jasons.

Worried about 7 counsellors at once? Split them up and cut down their numbers. It's not a game where you press button then kill, match over. Jason is more powerful than counsellors but the sheer number of counsellors means you have to strategize. This is not a button mashing game, it's a survival one. You have to hunt counsellors. 

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, JPops said:

I haven’t seen a lobby being cleaned out in 8 days since the newest patch I have seen Jason beat down like a giant piñata from groups of counselors that mob up on him with no way to break them up, his grab is unreliable and melee can’t connect and doesn’t hurt more than one  counselor that are running around him stunning him into a coma.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2017 at 5:53 PM, Frighteningicon said:

the game is so far from balance it's not even funny the game right now is 7  overpower players versus one.  8 if you count Tommy

Well here is a question I pose to you. Aside from an overreach that reaches beyond Jason's arm what actually changed? I am kind of surprised some are having difficultly adjusting. 

On 11/5/2017 at 5:57 PM, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Yep they are game breaking: counselors now see where someone drop things+ grab range is broken+ stats are broken (Deb can stun you with one hit) and Tommy who have 10/10 stats and a shotgun should be enough, the pocket knife and the med spray make things even worse.

Grab range now falls in line with the length of Jason's arm. Seeing where things drop is not a game breaker it just takes the efforts of trolls dropping items in the woods so no one can escape. 

Stun times have been reduced and Jason's reach is still further than most weapons. It's about timing more so than vacuum grab mechanics. 

I've seen several lobbies cleared By Jason's. Give it a bit of time and adjustment and I think you will see the situation is not so dire.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I haven’t seen a lobby being cleaned out in 8 days since the newest patch I have seen Jason beat down like a giant piñata from groups of counselors that mob up on him with no way to break them up, his grab is unreliable and melee can’t connect and doesn’t hurt more than one  counselor that are running around him stunning him into a coma.

I have seen lots of lobbies with high escape ratios and high kill ratios. Depends on the players on both sides. I have not had a lobby with less than 6/8 kills as Jason in over ten matches, and 8 of my last 10 have been 8/8, and there are lots of better Jasons than me.

His melee does need to be adjusted though. Your spot on with that. His grab was nerfed to be more realistic, but his melee needs a buff to be more realistic. Swinging a giant blade at a group of people should hit more than one, for sure. perhaps dealing more damage to the direct target and side damage to anyone else in range. 

Well here is a question I pose to you. Aside from an overreach that reaches beyond Jason's arm what actually changed? I am kind of surprised some are having difficultly adjusting. 

Grab range now falls in line with the length of Jason's arm. Seeing where things drop is not a game breaker it just takes the efforts of trolls dropping items in the woods so no one can escape. 

Stun times have been reduced and Jason's reach is still further than most weapons. It's about timing more so than vaccume grab mechanics. 

I've seen several lobbies cleared By Jason's. Give it a bit of time and adjustment and I think you will see the situation is not so dire.

the grab is completely broken just a few nights ago I was playing a game as Jason 8 and someone was playing Chad, he ran  and directly in front of me  I grabbed at him and absolutely nothing happened and yet he had time to come back and hit me with a machete. in fact every night this week as I've said in another post I have seen somebody kill Jason that was a very rare thing before last update

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, JPops said:

Stun times have been reduced and Jason's reach is still further than most weapons. It's about timing more so than vaccume grab mechanics. 

The cone is too small now. You can acutally miss face on face with noses nearly touching. That´s basically the other extreme now. Lobbies beeing cleared shortly after a sale is not a valid sign for good balance. It a sign that many newbies play right now.

Experienced counselors grouping up on jason can be a pain big enough to make you wanna run from them. A lot of people claim they see at least one Jason kill per day. Thing is not even good counselors do teamwork very often. Fear the day everyone does teamwork.

I am seeing issues where Jason is right on top of a campers and still unable to land a grab, if the grab was adjusted to the end of his arm how is this happening then, and since it’s “ surprising”  that some players are having difficulty adjusting  that would mean it’s not working correctly.

this latest patch has made it easier to get up close to Jason and stun him, with out fear that he can grab you, and the only reason the grab looked like it was over reaching before was because Jason didn’t step forward with the grab like he does when he misses it, and slide back into the position from where you pressed the grab from.

1 minute ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

The cone is too small now. You can acutally miss face on face with noses nearly touching. That´s basically the other extreme now. Lobbies beeing cleared shortly after a sale is not a valid sign for good balance. It a sign that many newbies play right now.

Experienced counselors grouping up on jason can be a pain big enough to make you wanna run from them. A lot of people claim they see at least one Jason kill per day.

@JPops this is the new meta for the game! May want to take another look ? what’s going on Now.

I have never seen an update reacted to more negatively than this past one, and for good reason. I'm surprised the devs have not addressed it.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JPops said:

Grab range now falls in line with the length of Jason's arm. 

I know it's made to be more realistic but I prefer play like it was before instead of a counselor running in circles because I cannot grab him.

5 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

I have never seen an update reacted to more negatively than this past one, and for good reason. I'm surprised the devs have not addressed it.

I thought that unofficial poll put the people who want it changed back at only 25%? 

17 minutes ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

I thought that unofficial poll put the people who want it changed back at only 25%? 

I remember there being a poll regarding items showing on the map and about 60-70% of the votes were in favor of keeping the change. 

17 minutes ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

Actually it’s at 78.51 % that want it changed or adjustments made... there is a poll that is asking if the game is balanced or needs more.

25 minutes ago, JPops said:

Have you seen videos of Jason missing counselors directly in front of him that are grabbing weapons? That is my issue. Swing attacks that went above their head as they were cornered next to the fireplace as well as grabbing over them and missing. Not once or twice either. At least 3 times. That is my issue with the change. I don't mind not lunging 6 feet forward to grab them, but I shouldn't miss directly in front of me. 

I do agree though that practice is needed for adjustment. You can't act like there isn't a bit to adjust to though. Item location drops makes fixing everything much quicker and easier, especially when only a few people are left. Lower grab range, no trap stacking, adding TJ with pocket knife and health spray, there goes the one trap you can put in a decent spot and the counselor that is hurt gets healed. It's a lot to adjust to. Not just one or two changes. 

I think people should pitch ideas for what they want changed and how to go about it or quit talking about it. OP, maybe take a break from this game for a bit. Tons of great horror games out there to enjoy.

As for the polls, considering some get buried deep in the endless sea of similar threads, not everyone has voted on all, nor will they. Only a small amount of players in this game are on these forums, even smaller amount are still active anymore. Take polls with grains of salt. Much like how the OP is taking this game. ?

1 hour ago, JPops said:

No, fix this garbage patch.

1 hour ago, JPops said:

They make quite a difference especially when Tommy is being controlled by a semi-competent player. 

2 minutes ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

They make quite a difference especially when Tommy is being controlled by a semi-competent player. 

Yeah, having a pro player controlling Tommy is a complete nightmare.

• Like 1

Tommy being a hero with a knife and spray is fine. NO problem with that.

They nerfed Jason. They should of left him grab alone.

Now when I'm Jason, I don't feel in control or powerful as I did. It isn't that much fun anymore as Jason honestly.

49 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

I know it's made to be more realistic but I prefer play like it was before instead of a counselor running in circles because I cannot grab him.

You can grab him though. You just need to get closer or time the grab better or slow him down or predict his next step. Any one of these tactics will land a grab most of the time and if you can manage two of them you are almost guaranteed the grab. Yes, 1 out 10 tries the mechanics will be odd and you'll miss, but most of the time there is something else that you are not doing that is preventing you from landing the grab.

EDIT: plus, he could be predicting you (note all the times counsellors jog ahead of jason and then spin to melee him. Jasons get frustrated wben they can't stop this but they just need to hit grab before the counsellors turns not after. When you suspect it hit grab and he will fall into yours arms. Wait until it is too late? He will hit you, especially with swift attacker. This is not poor grab mechanics, its lack of forsight.

Just now, Voorhees Lake Hockey said:

Tommy being a hero with a knife and spray is fine. NO problem with that.

They nerfed Jason. They should of left him grab alone.

Now when I'm Jason, I don't feel in control or powerful as I did. It isn't that much fun anymore as Jason honestly.

First, fucking love your name.

Second, I kind of agree here. People don't fear Jason like they used to. It feels like you have to try entirely too hard to catch counselors now. Not nearly as fun IMO. I prefer playing counselor now. How is that going to help me play another 800 matches as Jason...?