Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
tyrant666

Should Double XP Be Permanent?

Recommended Posts

So far. They've attached this to updates to the game as a temporary idea.

I'm thinking for the new players that decide to stick around. I'm thinking it might be best if they leave the double XP as a permanent feature and perhaps they do something else to compensate when they release major updates? Give them more incentive to unlock things quicker?

Maybe for that 3 or 4 day stretch of major updates. They allow the players to roll one perk, get one perk free of CP. So everytime a player would roll a perk during that period, they would get an additional roll for free? So two perk rolls and only one costs CP.

Should the Double XP be a permanent thing or no? If so, should something like rolling two perks instead of one be the new idea during major updates?

I've never been a fan of the perks to begin with. But as long as they have a 'play/incentive to unlock' system. I think it might be more productive to allow for faster unlocking? Others might think its fine the way it is. I'm nearly 101, so this isn't an issue for me.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like this idea. It loses its luster or appeal when it's every weekend. Doesn't make it seem as special but instead itd taken for granted. 

I get wanting to help newer players level up quickly, but they will get there like everyone else. 

Doing double XP weekends for whenever they drop major updates is one thing. That can attract more players. More people playing means more chances of finding bugs and glitches to report and get worked out.

As for the extra perk roll, no need. I don't have epic masrsthon or thick skin and have been 101 since August. It's the luck of the roll That is at fault. So to say the perk system itself. No need give an extra roll when 99.9% of people will only get something useless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sort of agree..   Exp and Cp gained in my opinion is too minor.  I think the default should be what the 2x is.  And 2x event should be twice that...

Or at least give it to players till they get dedicated servers or host migration.   Because for me i've been robbed of Exp and Cp for 50% of the games i've played due to host RAGE quitting or disconnecting for what ever reason.   And that annoys the hell out of me..

 

Im not a big fan of leveling and grinding anyways.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i just wish xp was given instantly instead of at the end of the match. between what I've lost from server issues and hosts leaving mid-match, i should have been 101 a few months ago instead of being at 84.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, matisangry said:

i just wish xp was given instantly instead of at the end of the match. between what I've lost from server issues and hosts leaving mid-match, i should have been 101 a few months ago instead of being at 84.

Out of likes but I agree. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, matisangry said:

i just wish xp was given instantly instead of at the end of the match. between what I've lost from server issues and hosts leaving mid-match, i should have been 101 a few months ago instead of being at 84.

you get the xp as soon as you see them on the screen. at least on PC. the 500 for completing and 200 for escaping might be able to slip trough but the rest surely not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, matisangry said:

i should have been 101 a few months ago instead of being at 84.

I'm at a level 81, but I know that feel. Somehow people are still at 101 though...either they play like crazy (more so than us), private match it up, or luck out with matches where the host doesn't leave. Kudos to them for being 101. One day...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I don't like this idea. It loses its luster or appeal when it's every weekend. Doesn't make it seem as special but instead itd taken for granted. 

I get wanting to help newer players level up quickly, but they will get there like everyone else. 

Doing double XP weekends for whenever they drop major updates is one thing. That can attract more players. More people playing means more chances of finding bugs and glitches to report and get worked out.

As for the extra perk roll, no need. I don't have epic masrsthon or thick skin and have been 101 since August. It's the luck of the roll That is at fault. So to say the perk system itself. No need give an extra roll when 99.9% of people will only get something useless.

Every day, not every weekend. Like someone else said, the double xp should be the norm and double that should be double xp...do you know that I know that I think you know what I know I am saying? 

Game has been hemorrhaging players. 1.8 million sold, but where are they? Reading Ready Player One? Is that why they called them the "missing millions?" Other than issues discussed over and over, part of it is leveling...

Grinding sucks. Unless it is R&B. This is not an R&B song.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, matisangry said:

i just wish xp was given instantly instead of at the end of the match. between what I've lost from server issues and hosts leaving mid-match, i should have been 101 a few months ago instead of being at 84.

I agree with this. XP should definitely be stored into your account due to the host leavers, etc. It's just not fair when you do a lot of stuff in the game, have the host quit, and lose all your XP. I played 4 games with my friend last night and 3/4 times the host quit mid-game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ban_All_Music said:

Every day, not every weekend. Like someone else said, the double xp should be the norm and double that should be double xp...do you know that I know that I think you know what I know I am saying? 

Game has been hemorrhaging players. 1.8 million sold, but where are they? Reading Ready Player One? Is that why they called them the "missing millions?" Other than issues discussed over and over, part of it is leveling...

Grinding sucks. Unless it is R&B. This is not an R&B song.

Now I know that you know that I know what you are saying. Quadruple XP weekends. Fancy. Basically want XP doubled so new players can be bored with the game in half the time as everyone else. Neat.? so I guess my opinion is double no thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Now I know that you know that I know what you are saying. Quadruple XP weekends. Fancy. Basically want XP doubled so new players can be bored with the game in half the time as everyone else. Neat.? so I guess my opinion is double no thank you.

You say that as if this would be what new players get bored with. I am in agreement with level progression being pointless. That is the true issue. Takes too long to level and you get a baby blue version of the same shirt a character you never play has. But don't worry, only 11 more hours of gameplay(assuming no issues playing) and you can get the color for the counselor you do play as...then you discover it matches nothing, all your efforts have been in vain, you've only played as Jason twice, and you can spend 30 hours getting to the next clothing color unlock. Then you understand you have spent over 40 hours trying to get clothes that match. But it isn't about the destination, man...it's about the journey. A journey ripe with trolls, host quitters, teamers, server issues, and loading screens causing your life to ebb away.  

Yep...leveling up faster...that will be what causes people to get bored quicker and give no incentive to keep playing. We must keep up the illusion of progress. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ban_All_Music said:

You say that as if this would be what new players get bored with. I am in agreement with level progression being pointless. That is the true issue. Takes too long to level and you get a baby blue version of the same shirt a character you never play has. But don't worry, only 11 more hours of gameplay(assuming no issues playing) and you can get the color for the counselor you do play as...then you discover it matches nothing, all your efforts have been in vain, you've only played as Jason twice, and you can spend 30 hours getting to the next clothing color unlock. Then you understand you have spent over 40 hours trying to get clothes that match. But it isn't about the destination, man...it's about the journey. A journey ripe with trolls, host quitters, teamers, server issues, and loading screens causing your life to ebb away.  

Yep...leveling up faster...that will be what causes people to get bored quicker and give no incentive to keep playing. We must keep up the illusion of progress. 

At least with getting to level 44, and then level 101, you have certain goals. What do you do after level 101? Roll for perks it seems you will never get?  Try for badges that off no incentive? Ahh, yes, Pamela and now Jarvis tapes. 

I agree, the uhh, how do I say, counselor dress up stages, are just so enthralling, but at least max level is a goal to go after. I personally don't think I ever said "ooh, can't wait to get the next color of the same outfit!" I did however want to play 1000 counselor matches and kill 1313 campers. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

16 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

At least with getting to level 44, and then level 101, you have certain goals. What do you do after level 101? Roll for perks it seems you will never get?  Try for badges that off no incentive? Ahh, yes, Pamela and now Jarvis tapes. 

I agree, the uhh, how do I say, counselor dress up stages, are just so enthralling, but at least max level is a goal to go after. I personally don't think I ever said "ooh, can't wait to get the next color of the same outfit!" I did however want to play 1000 counselor matches and kill 1313 campers. 

I agree. Except for level 101 and the ridiculous achievements. But that is cause I think of the time it will take to do those things and what I could be doing instead. As for hitting 101, there just isn't a point other than saying "I am max level." With how Jason works, I am sure the "play as counselor 1000 times" would be time consuming, to say the least, but a lot easier to get than the other. Leveling is a drag and there is no incentive to do it past 44(now, before there was none after 31(?)). You could be at 31 and watch all of the films before hitting 44. It's crazy. All of it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ban_All_Music said:

 

 

I agree. Except for level 101 and the ridiculous achievements. But that is cause I think of the time it will take to do those things and what I could be doing instead. As for hitting 101, there just isn't a point other than saying "I am max level." With how Jason works, I am sure the "play as counselor 1000 times" would be time consuming, to say the least, but a lot easier to get than the other. Leveling is a drag and there is no incentive to do it past 44(now, before there was none after 31(?)). You could be at 31 and watch all of the films before hitting 44. It's crazy. All of it. 

Haha agreed man. And what the he'll is w ith 1000 games played as Jason? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

you get the xp as soon as you see them on the screen. at least on PC. the 500 for completing and 200 for escaping might be able to slip trough but the rest surely not.

not sure about that, but initially (at least) you got nothing unless the match completed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think XP should be given as you get it and it flashes across the screen, and only in the end you see the summary of what you got. I'm really tired of doing a bunch of shit, getting a ton of XP, only to have the host bail because they died in a way they didnt like, or they are Jason and can't seem to kill people fast enough or close to dying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5.11.2017 at 10:58 PM, matisangry said:

not sure about that, but initially (at least) you got nothing unless the match completed. 

i am, i tested this, left match after dying/tommy spawn and got XP for it. Pretty sure i have seen a dev saying this also, somewhere. Don´t ask me where tough, they spread out on so many platforms, it´s horrible.

.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d rather have a new perk system tbh.

No matter how much XP/CP you amass, you’re more than likely just gonna turn around and throw it away on inferior versions of perks you already have anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, but the XP needs to be live and reworked. If XP ever goes live, the XP for completing a game needs to b removed and more XP for people who repair, barricade, and attack Jason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...