Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Beetlejuice91

How come animated sequels were never considered for Freddy or Jason?

8 posts in this topic

I was thinking recently as to why Freddy or Jason never had any animated sequels? I saw one of the trailers for Freddy vs Jason listed under the channel of Warner Bros. I know the rights for Friday the 13th are going back to New Line. Animated sequels could work in the fact we can see Robert Englund voice Freddy as he cannot do the role physically due to being 70 now and have a Friday the 13th sequel set during the winter. Being WB Animation, I'm sure the people could use a break from doing adaptations of stories from DC Comics. Freddy and Jason were able to have stories with the Wildstorm comics.

Good idea, might get an R- rating, which is why they may not have touched it.

13 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

Good idea, might get an R- rating, which is why they may not have touched it.

They did Justice League: Dark which had a R-rating, but could it have an audience is another question.

Maybe because it sounds like a dumb idea... Or is that just me?

Why would you want an animated sequel over a live action one? 

On 11/13/2017 at 7:40 PM, Beetlejuice91 said:

They did Justice League: Dark which had a R-rating, but could it have an audience is another question.

Those DC Animated movies are awesome and some of them are very adult oriented. 

Does anyone remember Spawn on HBO?

On 11/4/2017 at 5:56 PM, Beetlejuice91 said:

I was thinking recently as to why Freddy or Jason never had any animated sequels? 

I don't know why these movie companies don't do cool shit. It would be cheap too, even if they get Robert Englund to voice Freddy and Kane Hodder to breathe into a mic. 

On Tuesday, November 14, 2017 at 11:13 AM, deathbat96777 said:

Why would you want an animated sequel over a live action one? 

Live action is great of course,but at the same time an animated sequel could give a bit more flexibility since it's easier to draw something and take less time to do than making 3d special effects or hand made props.

1 person likes this

The idea sprung to me after an interview with Robert Englund said he wouldn't play Freddy anymore due to the physical demands and the fact that he's also 70. After all, New Line is a part of Warner Brothers. I'm sure the folks at WB Animation would like to take a break from doing DC stuff.