Yeah im also starting to wonder what is going on with the cabin right now,are the devs going to finally complete it eventually ?

Are we going to get some more updates before or after the main game finally release ?

Well, with hackers trying to hack the servers. I can't blame them for trying to protect their investment. Its obviously a pretty popular commodity right now and its something people want.

i think the reason we havent gotten the new jason in the cabin is because people where stealing the models and putting them in other games. Its going to happen no matter what. I wouldnt mind the pumpkins staying in the cabin i like them. i think is kinda bs they disabled the cabins main function even though we paid $15 for it.

The reason is because hackers were trying to backdoor the VC servers to find the game / beta and then trying to reactivate / steal it. It was necessary and this is an unfortunate reality of today's internet world.

The cabin still works i believe just getting the badge number now is not possible

the last update was oct for the pumpkins and that was cool. but they didnt give us anymore jasons since then. i think the big thing they should do is show toms jason since its a pre order only. let people know what they are buying. we all know what part 8 and 9 look like so im sure their going to be great. but i kinda feel if the cabin cant be used to the fullest it shouldnt cost or at least give the people the option to get a refund on it.

I can understand that it's risky to put more updates for the virtual cabin,but the reason why it's better to show a councellor or Jason model before the game release is that we can give our toughts on it.

It's because we could get a glimpse of the models before the final release that let us examine the details and if there is need for improvements.

Without our critiscisism,the head counselor would still have what look like eye liner on his eyes,the devs wouldnt have tweaked the counselors skin to make it less plastic.

Even Part 6 Jason is going to receive some tweaks because the devs listened to what we found off about it,and now they are trying to make it a bit more accurate to the movie when it come to the hockey mask and pants.

If it's too risky,you could at least show us pictures of the unreleased models instead,like with the Part 3 Jason model.

• Like 1

The hacking attempt hasn't helped things but mainly it's from them simply working hard on the actual game (and dealing/making adjustments from the big Beta feedback) for a release that's likely not so far off now.

I do want another VC update but if they never put a single second towards it again until after the game's release in favour of making the game itself better, I'd be perfectly happy.

Knowing these guys, they'll probably still try to put time towards it anyway because they enjoy showing us stuff.

I highly disagree with any notions of a refund, I'll just leave it at that.

Maybe to compensate they can show the models in a video format to avoid security breaches.  Then we can see the updated content and no hax to worry about.

• Like 1

Maybe to compensate they can show the models in a video format to avoid security breaches.  Then we can see the updated content and no hax to worry about.

Yeah, that would be nice.

I purchased the VC on Thursday before reading about the hack. Will I still receive my code to download it, and if so, when is that likely to arrive?

I purchased the VC on Thursday before reading about the hack. Will I still receive my code to download it, and if so, when is that likely to arrive?

Codes are sent out manually so give it a few. You will be able to check out the cabin as online functionality has temporarily been disabled. How exactly does that affect you? Well upon figuring out the things in the cabin, completion should award you a badge. Since the online component has been disabled you will be unable to receive a badge.

Codes are sent out manually so give it a few. You will be able to check out the cabin as online functionality has temporarily been disabled. How exactly does that affect you? Well upon figuring out the things in the cabin, completion should award you a badge. Since the online component has been disabled you will be unable to receive a badge.

So... are they going to re-enable it so we can get the badge?  I haven't followed the game forums much at all and literally discovered how to "beat" the cabin today, only to find out I was "offline" and didn't get credit.  Kinda sucks.

please give us the update so we can get the working TV we were promised. I want to flip on the TV after coming home after a long and harrowing night at the camp.

So... are they going to re-enable it so we can get the badge? I haven't followed the game forums much at all and literally discovered how to "beat" the cabin today, only to find out I was "offline" and didn't get credit. Kinda sucks.

Eventually it will be re-enabled, there is not currently an established time line for when it will be back up at the moment.

• Like 1

It probably will be reenabled when the game is released. Then there would not really be a reason to hack.

Im still waiting for the moderators and devs to answer us on if it would be better to show us picture stills or videos of Part 8+9 Jason and the remaining counsellors,before the game final release.

Would it be possible ?

• Like 1

Im still waiting for the moderators and devs to answer us on if it would be better to show us picture stills or videos of Part 8+9 Jason and the remaining counsellors,before the game final release.

Would it be possible ?

Some surprises are nice.

• Like 1

You guys aren't understanding the situation with the cabin. They can still update it just fine, the only thing disabled is the connection to the server that it pings when you find all of the secrets and get your badge number. You're typing as if there was a vulnerability in the software itself.

• Like 1

Oh ok then,so i dont need to worry...'phew' im glad then.

I just cant wait to see the other models that's why...and it would be weird if the cabin wasnt completely finished when the main game release,i mean...wasnt the point of the cabin to give us a visual taste of what to come ?