PrestonDelRey

Poll: Do You Want Better Gore?

Should they revamp the Gore?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Should they revamp the Gore to be better?

• Yes
    • No

I know there are already topics on this, I've even made one. But I'd just like to see how many others would like better Gore and more blood. The Gore right now is pretty unrealistic. 

It's not really a number one concern, but eventually they should get to that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Truth said:

I agree. I'd rather the bugs get fixed first but I think Gore is pretty important in a slasher game

I voted yes mainly because in games like this, the gorier the better, but this game is already fairly brutal. a few of those new part 4 kills are especially nice... like the leg one, for example. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, matisangry said:

I voted yes mainly because in games like this, the gorier the better, but this game is already fairly brutal. a few of those new part 4 kills are especially nice... like the leg one, for example. 

They are pretty brutal but I mean.. the throat slit kill doesn't even leave a wound. And the kill where he drags the counselors into his cleaner doesn't even split them apart. 

I think the kills are good, and I don’t necessarily need more guts or blood, but I still voted Yes. 

What Id like to see is actual wounds and rips to their clothing. A lot of the kills just look like blood splatter marks, and no actual wound or slice marks.

49 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I'd like to see brains and guts spilling out.

Agreed. Let the game make up for all of the gore that was cut out of the 80's F13 movies by the lame-ass censors.  :)

But overall, I'd say that this isn't a major concern. I'd like the bugs/glitches/optimization taken care of first.

There's a clear difference between violence and gore.  The game definitely has violence just like the movies.  Unfortunately, the movies toned down the gore thanks to the MPAA.  It would be great to see the game make up for that.

1 hour ago, Truth said:

I agree. Maybe a bit more, but not too over the top.

I think they have been heading in the right direction here already since Part 4 was introduced, and the kill pack enforces that. I think kills like the door smash could use a head exploding to name one that could be improved, obviously plenty of others though. 

However my biggest concern right now is balance issues and bugs, not more gore. 

I think the kills and gore are decent, a good mix of fun and campy. They could be better but overall i'd say they are "good" and should not be a priority.

Is PrestonDelRay the developer? Is he stopping work on the bug fixes to add more gore? No, so why is everybody saying it's not priority? Obviously it's not priority, so we can all stop saying it now. That's not the point. 

I would only want things cleaned up, like leaving a cut on the slit throat and bubbly skin after he boils their head, but that's it. (ok we need more popping eye balls too) 

I guess it would be cool to put back what the MPAA took out, but unfortunately the censored versions are the definitive versions. 

When I first started playing, I appreciated that it wasn't goofy like Mortal Kombat.   

2 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

Is PrestonDelRay the developer? Is he stopping work on the bug fixes to add more gore? No, so why is everybody saying it's not priority? Obviously it's not priority, so we can all stop saying it now. That's not the point. 

I would only want things cleaned up, like leaving a cut on the slit throat and bubbly skin after he boils their head, but that's it. (ok we need more popping eye balls too) 

I guess it would be cool to put back what the MPAA took out, but unfortunately the censored versions are the definitive versions. 

When I first started playing, I appreciated that it wasn't goofy like Mortal Kombat.   

I think people are more cautious right now- Halloween costumes weren't a priority but they arrived before fixes for longstanding issues or dedicated servers. You can't fault folks for prefacing their answer to the OP's question with what they're really concerned about.

On topic, the gore is meh. I don't feel either way about it. The whole game is fairly cartoony visually so more red blobby stuff wouldn't add much for me.

More detail but not more gore. 

I like the gore in other games and it works for those games. What I like about F13 is that the kills feel more brutal than most other games.

One of my favorite scenes is in part 4 when he busts through the door on Tommy and his sister and throws that hammer at them like he don't give a SHIT! That's a brutal force. More gore will detract from that.

I remember when Tom Savini said that pitchfork kill was supposed to skewer an eye ball. I know now that its a trident it doesn't even hit the eyes any more but that kill sucks without it.

Eye poping would also be nice for the head crush

On 3/11/2017 at 5:57 PM, Seeker said:

Not really. 

This guy's waiting for a minecraft game.

Yes better gore would be nice, but frankly it is a minor blip in the games "needs now" category. EDIT: for the record, I voted yes.:D

1. Fix bugs

2. Fix glitches

3. Balance the game appropriately

4. Add new assets to give the game longevity.

1001. Cosmetically pleasing things (this request lies somewhere around here)

I'm not putting down your idea, but I think that it is so insignificant at the moment the majority of people with just glance at it and go "meh". <_<