Sign in to follow this  
Thad Kerrington

As a Jason player, who is the most frustrating counselor to deal with?

What counselor is the toughest for you as a experienced Jason to deal with?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. What counselor is the toughest for you as a experienced Jason to deal with?

• Chad
    • Jenny
    • BJ
    • AJ
    • Tiffany
    • Debs
    • Mitch
    • Chappa
    • Fox
    • Vanessa
    • Kenny
    • Adam

Title of the topic says it all....I'd have to say a experienced Vanessa is my biggest weakest as playing with Jason. Multiple Vanessa's (3 or more) and I tend to probably have a 5/8 match. I haven't gotten good enough with Jason to deal with such a threat yet. Also 3 or more veteran Tiffany's in a match tends to give me issues, as one or two will either escape in the boat or car.

I'm all about people playing with Kenny, Chad, Mitch, Fox, BJ, and Chappa though. The male counselors seem to be the easiest kills for me in this game.

Now its Tommy since he spawns with a pocket knife, shotgun and med spray. He has the best stamina and repair.

• Like 1

Tommy isn't a counselor. He's a warrior and god's gift to all us plebs. 

• Like 1

Fox.

Has decent speed and stamina, can still repair, has decent strength, and can wear the sweater. She can contribute well to every victory condition, and has good enough mobility to stay alive.

It used to be Adam, but as Fox is female, she pips him due to the sweater.

Vanessa is hard to catch, but not hard to 'deal' with. Just ignore her until the repair counselors are dead, and she's no threat to you at all.

• Like 2

My main target now is Tommy if I encounter him in a group but I forget alot about that pocket knife and always grab him instead of Slash but as for regular councelers I think Vanessa and bugzy are the worst. Especially with the bad grab patch it's nearly impossible to get them unless you use your stalk and suprise them also it's most certainly they will have a knife that's normally the case

Vanessa and Adam

Tommy's whatever. Seasoned players risk their life as Tommy and new players, well, aren't that good with him.

My favorite is to kill who Tommy's trying to protect more than killing Tommy himself. 

35 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Vanessa and Adam

Tommy's whatever. Seasoned players risk their life as Tommy and new players, well, aren't that good with him.

My favorite is to kill who Tommy's trying to protect more than killing Tommy himself. 

I do the same. If he's guarding someone, there's a reason for it.

Probably anyone that's been playing Fox (or any of the others) the way I've been lately. I play with the Tommy/hero mindset for every counselor. I'll roam around looking for parts,but my real goal is to find a wrench and help out whoever has become one of Jason's targets. It doesn't matter if I survive,as long as I can help the others.

Gotta roll with Vanessa on this one.  She's loud, so I never worry about finding her, it's just like Tortoise v. Hare when I do.  And you know who wins that race.

1 hour ago, ZooMalfunction said:

Fox.

Has decent speed and stamina, can still repair, has decent strength, and can wear the sweater. She can contribute well to every victory condition, and has good enough mobility to stay alive.

It used to be Adam, but as Fox is female, she pips him due to the sweater.

Vanessa is hard to catch, but not hard to 'deal' with. Just ignore her until the repair counselors are dead, and she's no threat to you at all.

Thats how I play as Jason

This is an interesting question to me.  You would never say a high-repair counselor would be the "most frustrating to deal with" because they are all typically easy to deal with once you do find them, although usually are hard to find.

There is no doubt about it to me though that if I stumble across a cabin with two counselors, one a "repairer" and one a "runner"/"fighter", that I am focusing on the "repairer".  Not only because they are going to be an easier target, but mainly because leaving them alive is risky because they can accomplish tasks to escape.  Leaving a chad alive to keep running around is not as risky, even if he is bringing escape parts to the "repairers".

Yeah going after repaires first is a smart move. But I believe this topic is about a "one on one" situation with Jason against a particular counselor. It's no question that Vanessa is the hardest to catch. She can fight too and wear the sweater.

1 hour ago, thatdudescott said:

Probably anyone that's been playing Fox (or any of the others) the way I've been lately. I play with the Tommy/hero mindset for every counselor. I'll roam around looking for parts,but my real goal is to find a wrench and help out whoever has become one of Jason's targets. It doesn't matter if I survive,as long as I can help the others.

If that's your playstyle, especially as Fox, you should consider a machete instead of a wrench. 2 or 3 hits and that mask is off, and if Jason doesn't go after you, you can scoop up the mask and go for the sweater.

1 hour ago, Ztark said:

Leaving a chad alive to keep running around is not as risky, even if he is bringing escape parts to the "repairers".

Yes, but I fucking hate Chad...

One time I had a herd of two Buggzys and a Vanessa who stuck together. God that was awful. I managed to kill the two Buggzy’s and I made the mistake of tunneling Vanessa for the rest of the round. But by then I didn’t even care if everyone else got away, I only wanted to kill her.

I gotta say Fox is fastly climbing my ladder. I ended up squaring off with a very well seasoned player the other night and it was down to them as Fox vs. my Part VIII. Of course they apparently had managed to scrounge every pocket knife known to man and had combat down very well but we ended up running out of time before I could finish them off.

I used to think it was the fast characters but really they just plod about most of the time and there are only so many cabins you can lock on a map

32 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

If that's your playstyle, especially as Fox, you should consider a machete instead of a wrench. 2 or 3 hits and that mask is off, and if Jason doesn't go after you, you can scoop up the mask and go for the sweater.

I probably should machete it up sometimes,but I just love stunning the big guy with ol' wrenchy.

1 hour ago, MichaelMemers said:

I main Buggzy, and it's 2-4 hits with him. My friend mains Fox, and it's more like 4-5 with her.

Also, Machette almost never stuns without perks. Getting 4-5 unanswered hits on Jason is too big an ask in virtually any matches.

She's a good fighter, but should only use a machette when fighting in a group. Only Buggzy should risk fighting solo with one, and even then with pocketknife backup.

I think my biggest down fall is I get kite around trying to kill a Vanessa player. I've learned to let them go and protect the fuse box and car/boat as best as possible cause I know there is multiple Vanessa's delivering parts...and I've just got to let them get to their destination and finish off any "repairer" counselors.

Where things really start to get bad is when I got 2 or 3 Vanessa's get together and I find the group in the cabin and they escape going in multiple directions. I'll try to focus on one and I get determined because I want to get at least 1 kill out of finding 3. I get distracted and then the other 2 are fixing/calling cops or possible in the route to escape.

Well organized teams with 2 or 3 Vanessa baiters tend to better me, and if I'm not focused on the others...I'll have a quick 3/8 match in 9 to 10 minutes. I used to be worried about Debs, and AJs....now its become Vanessa baiters and BJ/Chad batters!!!

VANESSA IS THE BANE OF MY JASON!!!!

Great topic. A good Jenny can be tough, as can a good Adam. Obviously a good Vanessa is very hard to kill, but if saved for last she's easy to wear down with patience. The speed of Chad and Tiffany can be a hindrance, but Tiffany is easy once you get in close. 

Personally, I find Buggzy players are often good but quite predictable. It really depends!

Honestly, as Jason if i have an enemy... it's usually myself! The difference between a 6 or 7/8 or an 8/8 for me is usually my own doing. Not always, but usually.

a vanessa with marathon is the worst. 

i don't usually have a problem with tommys. once they waste their shotgun and knife, they're no different than any of the other faster counselors, really. 

and let's face it.. a lot of tommy players are shitty... and that's why they're tommy. 

(not always, but frequently)