HuDawg

What is Spawn Killing?

It was weird as tommy. you come out of the cut scene, fully prepared to kick his ass and save some teens only to directly end up in your killanimation. Happened only once tough during 400+ hours.

I always try to see who the host is playing as when I start the match as Jason, and if I morph and its the counselor they are playing as I tend to let them go, and I got about my way placing a trap by the phone box, and then morph to a car and place one. If they come at me though or refuse to acknowledge my presence as Jason, and continue about their way to hit the trap and fix the phone box.....then rest assured, they are dead. Host or not, you not calling the police on me 2 minutes into the game.

I'd just rather let the host counselor run about there business and come back for them later. I'd rather let them live for a bit, instead of killing them and then the game ends in a host rage. I used to not do this at all, but considering it happens 9/10 in QP if the host is the first one dead....I give them a get out of jail free card once a match. PM though, its on and I don't care wiping out the lobby in 5 minutes (unless there is multiple Vanessa's).

26 minutes ago, DEATH said:

You will never catch Tommy during his cut scene now. That was fixed. Tommy doesn't actually spawn in now until the scene is over. Killing Tommy during the cut scene was bullshit anyway.

Noooooooo! BRING THAT BACK!

I would be happy to get spawn killed as Tommy. It's a rare occurrence anyway

If I start near an objective, I go inside and start looting. If I hear Jason’s music fire up, I hide under a bed. 9/10 times, he morphs away after doing his thing. He doesn’t have sense just yet. If he starts to try and break down the door, I slip out and kite for awhile. Again, most Jason’s move on that early in the match. Then I continue looting. 

As Jason, I’ll usually give chase with a few “fake” slashes at them just to kind of scare them off and go about my business. Usually leave them alone unless I catch them immediately trying to fulfill an objective or if they run at me to attack. Even then, sometimes I’ll just grab them and hold them for a bit to let them know who’s boss! lol... then I let them go... for now! :)

Spawn killing is more like spawn dying. If Jason's morph is so lucky that he is within grabbing distance upon immediate impact, then you got unlucky. Otherwise, it's probably or mostly your fault for dying in the first 3 minutes of a match.

If I'm a counselor and spawn at the main lodge with the car I just fucking run. I know he'll be there soon. If you don't take precautions and Jason kills you that is not Jason's fault.

13 hours ago, HuDawg said:

When i asked them..  WTF is is spawn killing?  They didn't reply...   Can someone else explain?

In this game it is a largely imaginary phenomena where people are indignant they didn't have the foresight to hide or leave when Jason first morphs in the game and arrives in their vicinity. They subsequently die and rage about said lack of foresight by directing their anger at the person who banished them to the spectate lobby to contemplate their failure on the tree of woe.<_<;)

conan15.jpg

• Like 1

Opinion

Cant believe how many LFG post or how many times I hear someone say no spawn killing.  I may be confused but I thought Jason was a mad man with no regard for whether or not you are done looting a cabin or is he a door to door salesman looking for your approval. Cracks me up I show up at the fuse box and the knucklehead in the house keeps searching thinking they should be immune because they are in the spawn. They can run and I cant shift so they should get the heck out of dodge b4 they get killed then come back after I am gone. But nope they stick around and I kill them then they cry and or I get kicked. 

Why did we get the game to loot cabins or for the excitement of being chased and or killed by Jason?

Personally I think the nerfs to Jason give you more reason to spawn kill constantly seeing 4-7 counselors escape now. Dont get me wrong if a guy shows up at the spawn dont lay traps or break down doors and goes strait for the peeps I do think that is cheesy but again it is part of the game and I can easily run away, I only get killed in spawn when being greedy and dont leave the area. Since I am complaining I would like to add that to many peeps hold the knives and dont do nothing to help the group with traps that block objectives, it seems they just hold them so they can eventually troll Jason at the end or for as long as he will let them live.

On 11/3/2017 at 9:28 AM, Maddogg_8121 said:

It is a term used loosely.  Basically, most players consider it morphing to the first cabin or objective and killing whoever is near it.  

People bitch about THAT? "WAAAHH, leave me alone! I need more time to loot cabins to achieve objectives so I can escape in 3 minutes!"

Must be the same princesses that cried that Jason was too hard and got him totally nerfed.

On 03/11/2017 at 2:37 PM, HuDawg said:

Well for the sake of this topic.. I caught the guy at the car with a Gas Can...  I got a lucky Morph right next to him and grabbed him..

So from my perspective i don't get why they where so angry.  Game starts.. I grab some knives,I teleport to fuse box.. Drop a trap..  Then teleport to the car and grabbed him.  Total time was about a min.  I know it sucks to die so quickly.   But what am i supposed to do.. Ask him kindly to drop the gas can and run...?

the other day, right at the start, I morphed and had a guy heading to the car with a battery.I chased him to a cabin, more because he was shouting shit at me on the mic, things like, you might want to think about killing me, I'm the host, think about it! I smashed his head in a cabin environment kill and he Immediately host quit.

I don't care,he was 101 and should've known better, he ain't getting some special treatment cos he's host. There's some big babies in this game and to the OP, do what you want to get the kills. If the councilors stick around there spawn area - tough shit. 

1 hour ago, Dolemite said:

"WAAAHH, leave me alone! I need more time to loot cabins to achieve objectives so I can escape in 3 minutes!"

I do that all the time. If Jason morphs to my spot I start saying shit like, "C'mon Jason. Get outta here. Come back later when I'm ready. Go take care of your shit. Drop some traps, I'll do some stretches and when we're both done we'll romp."

It works most of the time. Some have called me the "Jason Whisperer". Actually it was one person that said it once and I've kept saying it.

1 hour ago, Dolemite said:

People bitch about THAT? "WAAAHH, leave me alone! I need more time to loot cabins to achieve objectives so I can escape in 3 minutes!"

Must be the same princesses that cried that Jason was too hard and got him totally nerfed.

Don't get me wrong.  I used to hate it too, but if you can't get away from Jason without shift, you need to reevaluate your play.  The only problem is, a lot of players will just tunnel the first person they come across.  Depending on who you use, stamina is limited.  They don't care if another objective is being completed.  They just stay on you.  I'm ok with that, cause I'll waste their time for a while and let others complete objectives.  If I die, I die.  Oh well.  

It's this type of whining that ruins the game and gets Jason nerfed.  Watch, next patch, Jason's unable to damage any counselor's with anything until he gets his shift.  They'll make counselor's INVINCIBLE for the first 2 minutes of the game.

A more experienced player will know that Jason's first stop is to trap the phone and vehicles. Maybe stop off to cut the power in between. So, if you spawn in these areas do what you need to do and haul ass. No more nerfing please. 

To quote Drago "If he dies. he dies." 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MunchmaBunz said:

A more experienced player will know that Jason's first stop is to trap the phone and vehicles. Maybe stop off to cut the power in between. So, if you spawn in these areas do what you need to do and haul ass. No more nerfing please. 

To quote Drago "If he dies. he dies." 

Lol.  One day at work it got real quiet in the office and my coworker randomly says this, just out of nowhere.  I thought it was the funniest thing.  He said it in an accent too.

• Like 1

It's rarely happened since I started playing few weeks after launch, but I have had lucky initial morphs where I just happen to morph right where a counselor was standing or running, but hey if I can get such a quick grab kill that early in the game esp. when it's a Vanessa or other high speed character then I'm going to do it.  I would expect the same vice versa.  

If counselors aren’t going to give me any mercy at the end of the game then I’m not going to give them mercy at the beginning. Besides, going out first means you have the best odds to come back as Tommy, so quit bitchin’!

• Like 1