deathbat96777

If Gun Media Made A Halloween Game

14 posts in this topic

I know there's already a thread just like this, but it was from ages ago. I got bored and decided to make this cover. It's not the greatest, but it's to give you an idea of what it could maybe be someday. The artwork is by a guy named Christopher Lovell, I found it on Pinterest. 

Potential Michael Myers for the game and their weapons. Unlike Friday the 13th, this game would have switchable weapons for some of the Michaels.

H1- Kitchen Knife

H2- Scalpel/Kitchen Knife

H4- Kitchen Knife/Metal Pipe 

H5- Scythe/Pitchfork 

H6- Axe/Machete 

H7- Kitchen Knife/Corkscrew 

H8- Kitchen Knife

RZH1 (young Michael Myers)- aluminum bat/tree branch 

RZH1 (adult Michael Myers)- Kitchen Knife/2x4 (he uses one at the end of the movie to knock Laurie out of the ceiling)

RZH2- Hunting Knife 

DLCs/alternative skins:

H2 Michael would have a blood tears skin, and Rob Zombie's H1 Michael would have an alternative attire from whenever he was in Smith's Grove, which would consist of the orange paper mache mask he wears when he escapes. Rob Zombie's H2 Michael would also have a skin where the chunk of the mask is missing and he's wearing a raised hoodie. H4 would also have an alternative skin from whenever he kills the mechanic with the pipe and has the gown and gauze on. I always thought that was a cool look. 

created by dylan perkins.jpg

2 people like this

Personally I would love for this to be done using Friday's formula. Haddonfield rural and town map, Smith's Grove Sanitarium and the private school. The idea for a weapon swapping Michael would be cool. In addition to your list 1 cool skin would be the original young Michael. Definitely like the Part 4 alternate skin idea.

1 person likes this

The hospital from Halloween II would be a good one as well. Some of the skins I mentioned would almost have to be their own characters for them to work right, but some would be a texture swap

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, deathbat96777 said:

The hospital from Halloween II would be a good one as well. Some of the skins I mentioned would almost have to be their own characters for them to work right, but some would be a texture swap

Agreed about the hospital. I was thinking it would have been included in the town map.

some kill ideas: idk what to call them, so I just described them.

H1- Michael picks up the person and stabs a knife through their chest and holds them up by the weight of it. The person's torso then slides off the knife, cutting up through the top of their head and dropping them to the ground. Meant to be a take on the Bob kill where he pins him to the wall. A lot of people have commented how the knife wouldn't hold up his weight and how he would slide down, so this is kind of a play on what a knife would do if it was holding someone up.

H2- Michael grabs the person and shoves a scalpel through their lower back and lifts them off the ground with it. Straight from the movie.

H4- Michael clothes lines the person to the ground and shoves a pipe through their neck, pinning them to the ground.

H5- Michael decapitates the character with a scythe. Quick kill

H6- Michael Myers hacks the person's chest repeatedly with a machete and then slits their throat. Same thing as Part 8 Jason's doubletap kill, except with a throat slit instead of a decapitation. Based off the scene in Halloween 6 where the lights are flashing and Michael goes ape on several people with a machete near the end of the movie. While we don't actually see him kill most of the people, a scenario like this easily could've happened.

H7- Michael shoves a corkscrew through the person's neck and then yanks it out, ripping out their throat (this one is sort of in the movie)

H8- Michael saws the person's head off with a kitchen knife

RZH1 (pre-mask, orange mask from escape) Michael grabs the person from behind with his chains and chokes them to death

RZH1 (with mask)- Michael pushes the person's eyes in

Michael puts the person in a choke hold, then after getting a good grip chokes them to death with one hand (strangulation)

RZH2- Michael stabs the character once in the chest, then, once they fall on their back, Michael stabs them repeatedly over and over again in the back  Based off the brutal nurse kill from the dream sequence at the beginning of the movie.

Michael Myers clotheslines the person to the ground and then repeatedly stomps their face in until it turns to mush.

1 person likes this

Good ideas everyone. I have some of my own.
1) Survivors view is first person view only. No more looking around corners with 3rd person camera.
2) Game should be much darker than F13.
3) Myers´s can climb through windows and drive.
4) All repair minigames should be more complex than in F13. Myers doesn´t run, so this should balance gameplay.
5) This should have much more serious tone. So no more silly outfits or anything like that. Being a survivor i this game should be mentally exhausting.
6) Survivors can´t hear chase music until they see Myers.
7) Loomis can set traps to Michael just like at the end of H5. Myers player can´t see those traps or sense Loomis presence until it´s too late. Imo, ti´this makes Loomis gameplay more exciting.
8) If survivor players work really hard together, they should be able arrange a big final shootout like at the end of H4 and RZ H2. If they succeed, then camera angles would be more cinematic
9) The game should have familiar music scores and sound effects. My favourite sound effects is the one that plays after Michael is shown to lay on the grass after falling of the balcony.

What abilities Michael´s should have? Would they be something straight from F13 or with changes or completely new abilities? Perks for survivors? I want to hear your ideas.

Instead of shot guns, there's hand guns and you have to scourge the map to find bullets. 

On 11/4/2017 at 3:10 PM, Mr. HK 92 said:

Good ideas everyone. I have some of my own.
1) Survivors view is first person view only. No more looking around corners with 3rd person camera.
2) Game should be much darker than F13.
3) Myers´s can climb through windows and drive.
4) All repair minigames should be more complex than in F13. Myers doesn´t run, so this should balance gameplay.
5) This should have much more serious tone. So no more silly outfits or anything like that. Being a survivor i this game should be mentally exhausting.
6) Survivors can´t hear chase music until they see Myers.
7) Loomis can set traps to Michael just like at the end of H5. Myers player can´t see those traps or sense Loomis presence until it´s too late. Imo, ti´this makes Loomis gameplay more exciting.
8) If survivor players work really hard together, they should be able arrange a big final shootout like at the end of H4 and RZ H2. If they succeed, then camera angles would be more cinematic
9) The game should have familiar music scores and sound effects. My favourite sound effects is the one that plays after Michael is shown to lay on the grass after falling of the balcony.

What abilities Michael´s should have? Would they be something straight from F13 or with changes or completely new abilities? Perks for survivors? I want to hear your ideas.

I like all these ideas except #1. I hate first person view, its one of the reason I was turned off by the other game similar to F13 and the main reason I love F13, I really enjoy third person, but that's just my two cents.

One thing I wondered about is licensing issues. Dimension Films made Halloween 6, H20, Resurrection, and the two Zombieweens and I wanna say Anchor Bay made the first five. Makes me wonder how that would factor into a game. If you guys had to pick which Michaels they had licensing rights to choose from, which would you prefer, the first four Michaels, or the last five? Even though I prefer the older movies, I think the newer Michaels would be more powerful and have greater abilities in the game because Michael Myers has always been portrayed as significantly stronger in newer films, especially in the savagery of some of his kills more recently. Also, if they were unable to use classic Michael, they could make a skin for Rob Zombie Michael that includes the clean version of the mask that was originally supposed to be in the movie and was also worn by young Michael at the beginning of the movie. If you don't know what I'm referring to, this is what it looks like.

psychopathclean5_2048x2048.jpg?v=1426620

I think I'd prefer this over a Nightmare on Elm Street tbh.

I would rent this game. Yes rent, not buy. Wouldn't make the same mistake twice. Game would start out great, eventually Michael Myers would be neutered because the babysitter players weren't escaping every game.

In all honesty 2 weeks ago I would have been more enthused for the idea of a Halloween game. But just knowing what happens to the games, it's meh now.

Oh well, just gonna wait for Last Year to release and I'll play that until it gets ruined.

Well, I would hope that they learn from their mistakes by the time Friday the 13th is brought to full completion. 

They should find a decent publisher out there that could send a studio to assist them. That could've been added to F13 as DLC a la DBD.

Imagine that. If Gun/illfonic added extra killers and a single map for them as DLC....

Useless gesture now though, since the ruinous, heinous last patch confirms that lightning in a bottle is a difficult thing to pin down.