pioneer67fkd

jason should not stun during rage

41 posts in this topic

jason should not stun during rage unless shot with shotgun or his moms sweater other than that he should unstoppable once he reaches rage

5 people like this

What if he had different kills during rage? Maybe rage triggers four selectible, more brutal kills. It would also be a way for angry Jason players to vent rage and frustration against annoying counselors they can't catch 

1 person likes this

Just now, deathbat96777 said:

What if he had different kills during rage? Maybe rage triggers four selectible, more brutal kills. It would also be a way for angry Jason players to vent rage and frustration against annoying counselors they can't catch 

I'm out of likes but that's a great idea!

Twice as hard to stun during rage makes sense to me. It's hilarious that a teenager-wielded wrench or fry pan will consistently knock Jason fucking Voorhees on his ass, but that there's literally no effect on said teenager's ability to sprint away when they eat a pig cleaver to the face (unless it puts them into a limping state).

2 people like this

I agree, Jason should not be stunned during rage and I think Jason's melee attacks should have a chance of knocking counselors down also.

9 hours ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Twice as hard to stun during rage makes sense to me. It's hilarious that a teenager-wielded wrench or fry pan will consistently knock Jason fucking Voorhees on his ass, but that there's literally no effect on said teenager's ability to sprint away when they eat a pig cleaver to the face (unless it puts them into a limping state).

THIS !!!

Is really stupid that a screaming teenager with no strength is able to knock-down a massive undead  killer with an hockey mask and then proceed to run away like Bolt for hours

1 person likes this

I agree with the OP, this is what I was expecting from the game originally.

The one exception should be Pamela's sweater. In Part 2, even a completely pissed Jason fell victim to Ginny's trick while she was wearing the sweater.

Edit: My bad, missed that part in the OP. However, it would be cool if Jason acted as if he was trying to resist the sweater stun more than normal while in Rage Mode. Would add to the immersion for sure.

Edited by Trident77

Agreed.

Nothing more silly than rage Jason walking through a door, only for a free baseball bat stun.

He should be immune to stuns, not damage, but stuns.

Rage in general should be more of a buff in Jason's late game tactics. Faster cooldowns and a faster door burst aren't enough given evolution and buffs to counselor play.

2 people like this

15 hours ago, Dr. Lecter said:

i've been saying this since the beginning. it's ridiculous to think lachappa can run around diving out second story windows, knocking jason on his ass with frying pans and taking hits from machetes.

1 person likes this

15 hours ago, Dr. Lecter said:

It's hilarious that a teenager-wielded wrench or fry pan will consistently knock Jason fucking Voorhees on his ass, 

It's called Hysterical Strength!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hysterical_strength

Lots of you guys get hysterical. No one has lifted a car since the new grab range?

1 person likes this

46 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

It's called Hysterical Strength!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hysterical_strength

Lots of you guys get hysterical. No one has lifted a car since the new grab range?

ok that explains most of the counselors but what about jenny and mitch who it takes awhile to get hysterical 

I agree, it should be way harder to stun Jason in RAGE mode. Also, his top speed should increase slightly. I'm not saying take a walking Jason to a running Jason but make him move quicker. He is angry and trying to hurry up and kill people.

4 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Agreed.

Nothing more silly than rage Jason walking through a door, only for a free baseball bat stun.

He should be immune to stuns, not damage, but stuns.

Rage in general should be more of a buff in Jason's late game tactics. Faster cooldowns and a faster door burst aren't enough given evolution and buffs to counselor play.

I have to disagree here. I'm all for doubling his aversion to stuns, but while Jason is an incredibly formidable force, he isn't a god, nor should he be. If you completely remove stun from him in Rage mode (even sans shotgun and sweater), you've basically doomed all counselors still trying to escape from an even halfway decent Jason. (I say a halfway decent Jason because most of those can handle basic juking and finding hiders.)

We should never get to the point in the game where -- unless we have the shotgun or a pocket knife -- we're totally screwed.  If Jason's in rage mode and smashes the car we're trying to escape in, there's no way to stun him long enough to get back in. That means we have only one option: run away and hope he starts to kill someone else and the death animation is long enough for us to get back in the car and start it again.

But by doubling the resistance to stun, at LEAST there's a chance to escape. 

1 person likes this

18 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

I have to disagree here. I'm all for doubling his aversion to stuns, but while Jason is an incredibly formidable force, he isn't a god, nor should he be. If you completely remove stun from him in Rage mode (even sans shotgun and sweater), you've basically doomed all counselors still trying to escape from an even halfway decent Jason. (I say a halfway decent Jason because most of those can handle basic juking and finding hiders.)

We should never get to the point in the game where -- unless we have the shotgun or a pocket knife -- we're totally screwed.  If Jason's in rage mode and smashes the car we're trying to escape in, there's no way to stun him long enough to get back in. That means we have only one option: run away and hope he starts to kill someone else and the death animation is long enough for us to get back in the car and start it again.

But by doubling the resistance to stun, at LEAST there's a chance to escape. 

one if he stops the car there should be no starting it back up if hes near it. two rage mode rarely gets reached so when it does there are only one or two counselors left so that means hes ether killed everyone else or the cars or boat got away which means survive the night is your only option which should be super hard

5 minutes ago, pioneer67fkd said:

one if he stops the car there should be no starting it back up if hes near it. two rage mode rarely gets reached so when it does there are only one or two counselors left so that means hes ether killed everyone else or the cars or boat got away which means survive the night is your only option which should be super hard

Fine. I'm good with super-hard. But take AWAY the ability to stun Jason, it becomes next-to-impossible. In other words, if he hits rage mode and the cops aren't called yet or you're not in an escape vessel, you're just going to have quitting en-masse. No one wants to hit the point in the game of "Well, I'm dead" when Jason isn't even around.

Make it super-hard to stun him with a melee weapon, not impossible. Nothing in this game should be made to be impossible.  

1 person likes this

How is a counselor supposed to gain distance from Jason if they can't stun him? Might as well just skip to "game over" when he gets rage.

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

How is a counselor supposed to gain distance from Jason if they can't stun him? Might as well just skip to "game over" when he gets rage.

These are called the people who were awful as Jason, and are even worse.

We did a lot of playtesting around this and determined that Jason was hecka OP rather than just OP at that stage with rage. We want a counselor player to, at all times, feel like if they have some sort of item that they might get a slight bump in confidence to be able to distract/stall Jason ever so slightly. Do keep in mind that stuns are reduced for Jason while in Rage...so there is a slight buff to Jason in that regard. 

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

We did a lot of playtesting around this and determined that Jason was hecka OP rather than just OP at that stage with rage. We want a counselor player to, at all times, feel like if they have some sort of item that they might get a slight bump in confidence to be able to distract/stall Jason ever so slightly. Do keep in mind that stuns are reduced for Jason while in Rage...so there is a slight buff to Jason in that regard. 

I can't say I ever noticed the reduced stun... Does make sense though.

11 minutes ago, Truth said:

I can't say I ever noticed the reduced stun... Does make sense though.

i can't say i notice it either. maybe it needs to be even shorter. I'd be fine with his stuns being 50% shorter during rage. NO stun would be too much though. 

21 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Honestly, rage or not, they are able to chain stun Jason without any issue until they break the weapons

I don't mind to be stunned or put on the ground, even on rage, my only concern is this require a single hit from anyone with any weapon. You can face Tiffany or Vanessa using the wrench or Adam using the ae and no matter what at the first hit you're stunned rage or not and, honestly, this is boring. There are several matches where all the counsuler just stand there beating Jason over and over and he can't take a single reaction because he is always stunned

54 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

ok it makes sense but when im jason in rage mode and something like a tree branch or wrench stuns me it feels off so maybe only the higher tear weapons would work once he reaches rage but its only an idea

Maybe just maybe you should all learn how to block and stop complaining about completely avoidable situations.

4 minutes ago, Jawbone said:

Maybe just maybe you should all learn how to block and stop complaining about completely avoidable situations.

what are you talking about there's no way to block when bursting through a door or wall in rage