SametChan

Early-Alpha/BETA vs Final Release - NEW Full video + Tommy Return (Video - 06/02/18) - [Enter VOTE - Please leave comment]

Which better Early-Alpha/BETA OR Final Release?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Which better Early-Alpha/BETA OR Final Release?

What i definitely like about the alpha is some of the effects like the fog and the moonlight that shine trough the trees,those give more atmosphere to the environments.

Another thing i would had like to see is the characters making sound when going trough the bushes and also better wind sounds,especially if the trees and bushes move with the winds.

These are the things that the version we have right now kinda lack or need to be improved.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

It looks way better: better animations,  better shadows,  better lighting,  more trees.  In general it looks more like a real forest than a plain terrain. 

Glad to hear that, you really liked it and watched... A final release is something like old running engine unreal 3 only.

Early-Alpha is on Engine unreal 4.

12 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

No trolling, the Alpha has higher detail and this has been covered and addressed by Ben not that long ago. It came up on the first page of the search.

Your link is still on the homepage. Just edit and remove http:// or https:// should fix.

10 hours ago, FreakyFrank1 said:

What i definitely like about the alpha is some of the effects like the fog and the moonlight that shine trough the trees,those give more atmosphere to the environments.

Another thing i would had like to see is the characters making sound when going trough the bushes and also better wind sounds,especially if the trees and bushes move with the winds.

These are the things that the version we have right now kinda lack or need to be improved.

I agreed that. It's engine unreal 3 are only on final release. I didn't like that well. I prefer EU4 = Engine unreal 4.

With update of Unreal Engine 4 to version 4.18 it will be possible to make improvements because we will have much more performance according to Devs

• Like 1

On 11/2/2017 at 2:41 PM, GunMedia_Ben said:

This has come up before and this is rather typical in most games. Basically we build a highly polished section for show and then start to build out and create more content and so forth. The more content you make, the more memory and resources that are being allocated to run the game. The more you run, the less fidelity you get overall. The way that our game works in Unreal as an online title with a lot of interactive parts (characters controlling vehicles, interacting with one another, a ton of spawned items on the map, etc...) all cause a lot of memory to be used. So; the game does look really darn good, especially on PC with Epic settings, but depending on where you run your game on what platform might cause you to see just a little less. 

Single player on the other hand, is all loaded in locally for you, which is why games tend to look better in single player, or maps are larger, or various ways to help boost fidelity without losing much. 

wow but what about the animations? why animations are better than the current version? do you plan to bring back those great animations when the game gets more optimized maybe after the engine update?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, i-cold said:

With update of Unreal Engine 4 to version 4.18 it will be possible to make improvements because we will have much more performance according to Devs

Thanks for the info!

19 hours ago, UlfKarl said:

wow but what about the animations? why animations are better than the current version? do you plan to bring back those great animations when the game gets more optimized maybe after the engine update?

I guess, He is busy or didn't answer here.

22 hours ago, i-cold said:

On 9/1/2017 at 8:27 AM, Gertz said:

Car fixes we are waiting on because we are upgrading the game engine from the Unreal 4.13 version to the 4.16 version which has some vehicle fixes in it.

the current version is 4.13?

The performance gain is highlighted there, and the devs have already spoken in a lot more performance, but does it get to the point where the consoles can run at 60 fps?

12 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

They are updating it to 4.16!

Dude, I'm talking about new patch notes on UE4. Not about dev F13th.

5 hours ago, SametChan said:

Dude, I'm talking about new patch notes on UE4. Not about dev F13th.

Austin 4.16! says...

....you weren't very clear about that!

• Like 1

I think I will reserve any judgement until there is a final release. It has not come yet. Final release to me at least.... means final. That would be when the game is finished, after the 'final' touches are put on the game. Being this game is still having work done on it.... we seem pretty far off from a final release.

I didn´t see it being mentioned earlier in this thread, but Tommy actually looked angry in early-alpha. Currently he looks too kind. What happened there? Why did they change his expression like that? I simply don´t understand. PC owners should have been given options to set final version´s graphics to early-alpha or beta levels, because they know better how much their computer can handle. As for the CB radio calling sequence, early version looks better. The current "knob fondling" animation looks stupid.

• Like 1

We are moving from 4.13 to 4.18.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Gertz said:

We are moving from 4.13 to 4.18.

Why?

Edit: The date or the engine?

Thanks @Gertz didn't know which version you were upgrading too.

Can't wait for the update :).

• Like 1

Just now, NoOneK9503 said:

Why?

It's probably the most recent version of the Unreal 4... I guess?

Just now, Freddie Mercury said:

It's probably the most recent version of the Unreal 4... I guess?

I edited my comment to clarify why I asked that. Please reload this web page.

12 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

I edited my comment to clarify why I asked that. Please reload this web page.

Yeah, I saw the edit lol.

I'm still not sure though. I'd probably say the earliest well see the update is April? And the latest.. Maybe June?

I don't know tbh, we'll just have to wait and see.

And the version is 4.18, because Gertz just said it is going to be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NoOneK9503 said:

Why?

Edit: The date or the engine?

Engine version number not the date

• Like 2

Early-Alpha looks so much better. What we have currently looks cartoony and the textures are pretty bad in comparison.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Early-Alpha looks so much better. What we have currently looks cartoony and the textures are pretty bad in comparison.

Agreed, I guess, what looks like here right?

Early-Alpha = Next-Gen - UE4
BETA = A bit downgrade - UE4
Current version = It has been downgraded a quit like UE3.

Bring back to UE4 latest version + A game improvements again.