SametChan

Early-Alpha/BETA vs Final Release - NEW Full video + Tommy Return (Video - 06/02/18) - [Enter VOTE - Please leave comment]

Which better Early-Alpha/BETA OR Final Release?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Which better Early-Alpha/BETA OR Final Release?

8 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

I'm pretty sure. There's a lot going on in F13. The maps are fairly big, lots of animated trees and grass. The detail shown in the alpha is very high, with lots of post processing. Storage wouldn't be a problem; computing power would be.

The Xbox One X is better than a $500 PC when it comes to 4k, but the $500 PC is equal to the Xbox at 1080p. 

The Xbox is probably worth more like $600 to $800, but console makers under-price their consoles because they make their money on games.  

This video does a great job at explaining the differences between the platforms. 

When you say "single player", do you mean that generally? Will single player Offline Bots benefit from this? Will the SP Challenges have a detailed, cinematic look similar to the alpha?

Ehh, Well you're an Xbox fan. I'm same fan Xbox and PlayStation, Nintendo.

I just bought Halo 5 disc. But later to buy digital for halo wars 2 it's great a game. I've been played halo reach and wars, very long time ago back in 2009-2010 from Xbox 360.

I don't have an Xbox One yet. I'll think to buy Xbox one X better, also PS4 Fat and PS4 Pro.

EDIT,

I have still console game, PS3 Super slim, PS4 Fat, PSVita slim, Xbox 360 slim, Xbox original 2x.

I sold PS1,PS2,PSP,PSPGO,WII,1DS,IDS,3DS.

Just curious. Can anyone explain what exactly is going on graphics-wise, between the alpha and current version?

The alpha looks softer like film. Is that the result of higher resolution textures? Is it better anti aliasing?

On 12/12/2017 at 5:22 AM, SametChan said:

Ehh, Well you're an Xbox fan. I'm same fan Xbox and PlayStation, Nintendo.

I'm a PC & Nintendo fan now. I used to have a 360. I appreciate what Microsoft has done with the One X though.

On 12/17/2017 at 1:15 AM, WashingtonJones said:

Just curious. Can anyone explain what exactly is going on graphics-wise, between the alpha and current version?

The alpha looks softer like film. Is that the result of higher resolution textures? Is it better anti aliasing?

I'm a PC & Nintendo fan now. I used to have a 360. I appreciate what Microsoft has done with the One X though.

"The alpha looks softer like film." That correct, It is better many looks like reality than current version downgrade.

One of the most notable sections for me from the alpha to final release (Current state) is the outdoor enviroment, especially the forest/wooded areas. The trees look far more realistic and there are more trees and bushes in the alpha than the final release which gives it the realistic look. When playing the final release the wooded areas don't look as realistic as it should and texture quality also plays a part in that. As of now the trees look scaled down in terms of graphics and we have more giant rock formations that take the spot of where more dense sections of trees and bushes would help to give it a better feel. Just my opinion.

• Like 2

I don't think any game looks as good as the F13 alpha. 

The differences are kinda subtle but would be way too processor intensive to run as a full game, even if all the coding was fully optimized.

What I would like is if they would get rid of the exaggerated fuzziness on the opening cutscene titles. I know they're going for that old look, but the movies are way sharper than that, even on Part 1.

Bump, Added video new editor for Tommy Jarvis Early-Alpha/Beta vs Final Release.

Please watch the first new video.

That animation where the characters grab the gun with their hands instead of putting it right on their backs (floating behind their backs, actually) is amazing, it has to return, it has to return NOW.

• Like 3

On 1/14/2018 at 1:37 AM, Santi_Lee said:

That animation where the characters grab the gun with their hands instead of putting it right on their backs (floating behind their backs, actually) is amazing, it has to return, it has to return NOW.

Yep, I felt same bring back to early-alpha has far better now.

Bump, Hey everyone, Thank you for voting keep up for Early-Alpha: 40! You're very appreciated!

On 11/2/2017 at 9:41 PM, GunMedia_Ben said:

Single player on the other hand, is all loaded in locally for you, which is why games tend to look better in single player, or maps are larger, or various ways to help boost fidelity without losing much. 

I would say better multiplayer to early-alpha run PS4/Xbox ONE and PC.

PS4/Xbox ONE used 8GB RAM GDDR5/DDR3 it's good enough to run game? Same on GTA V and Black Ops 3.

Black ops 3 and WW2 don't use unreal engine 4, they use "IW engine".

Tekken 7 has unreal engine 4, it's same on F13th: Game in UE4 why? Tekken 7 has realistic a little not much.

Also, another game WATCH_DOGS E3 back in 2012 Trailer has alpha, When downgraded for release in 2013. I've seen it on YouTube, Ubisoft was a fault.

I prefer to use early-alpha looks like realistic so.

This is standard video game promo stuff. They all do it. 

You might be familiar with "Aliens: Colonial Marines" from 2013, they released a 10 minute "gameplay" video of the game....the product released was dramatically different graphically. I personally enjoyed the game a lot, - but the CEO of Gearbox...Randy Pitchford might as well have changed his Twitter name to Randy "Pitchfork"...as that's what the guy was having thrust into him verbally by thousands after launch on Twitter and still get's it to this day.

Like an elephant, a video gamer never forgets...and like a woman :lol:;)...."hell hath no fury like a video gamer scorned". The seascape of international video game community waters is basically shark infested waters. :lol:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SametChan said:

@Splatterhouse@Santi_Lee@WashingtonJones , @Official_Adam_W
Bump, forum.f13game.com/topic/16669-dedicated-servers-updating-the-engine

He said: Potential for physics improvements and fixes for vehicles, ragdolls, hair, and more Better performance on all platforms.

This could be early-alpha on dedicated server improvements?

Hope so! I would like to see that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Santi_Lee said:

Hope so! I would like to see that.

Same, Sadly he never answer my question for now.

The video has been added. You can now watch full a video.

On 2/5/2018 at 2:08 PM, SametChan said:

He said: Potential for physics improvements and fixes for vehicles, ragdolls, hair, and more Better performance on all platforms.

I assume they're talking about stability when they talk about performance in this case. 

Maybe the new engine opens more possibilities for the look of the game. Maybe more fog and foliage without it taxing performance. 

You can see with the Pinehurst update that they added more contrast to every map, but a lot to the Pinehurst map....it's a little too much in that case. They're aware of the look of the game and you can see they're trying to make it darker.

If they can get the lighting right, that would cover 85% of the job.

It's bc the EA had much better quality, and I'm assuming that the EA is so much better bc all used to the current version but wanted to see how the EA would play out.

10 minutes ago, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

It's bc the EA had much better quality, and I'm assuming that the EA is so much better bc all used to the current version but wanted to see how the EA would play out.

How is the quality better?

Just now, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

In my perspective, it is since I play on the xbox so ;)

They are playing on the PC, they are just using a controller.

Well, there are a few more shadows. Plus, the fireflies around the lights are really eye-catching, if that makes sense.

39 minutes ago, Anonymous said:

I just don't get it, to me the game we have now looks better, are they trolling?

No trolling, the Alpha has higher detail and this has been covered and addressed by Ben not that long ago. It came up on the first page of the search.