SametChan

Early-Alpha vs release now (video) - [Enter VOTE]

early-alpha OR release now?   21 members have voted

  1. 1. Which better early-alpha OR release now?


Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 posts in this topic

I do not own this video, we found this video which graphic has improvements of early-alpha more than release now.

 

If you watched this. Please vote for a poll which better early-alpha or release now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The early alpha graphics are far better, but theres a valid reason for that. If I remember correctly, they need to dumb-down the graphics for full release in order to make the game run better across the board. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

@JPops, @DamonD7 and @Kodiak Isn't this a duplicate thread?

I've already from search "Alpha", "Early-Alpha" said no found the thread.

 

Your answer isn't voted for pick better for graphic early-alpha or release now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

@JPops, @DamonD7 and @Kodiak Isn't this a duplicate thread?

I definitely remember seeing this come up before. I think it was beta though. Either way, same thing. Yes parts of it looked better. Maybe they will eventually have the game running well enough to put the graphics back to what they were. Until then, this is essentially a duplicate thread and should be treated as such.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This has come up before and this is rather typical in most games. Basically we build a highly polished section for show and then start to build out and create more content and so forth. The more content you make, the more memory and resources that are being allocated to run the game. The more you run, the less fidelity you get overall. The way that our game works in Unreal as an online title with a lot of interactive parts (characters controlling vehicles, interacting with one another, a ton of spawned items on the map, etc...) all cause a lot of memory to be used. So; the game does look really darn good, especially on PC with Epic settings, but depending on where you run your game on what platform might cause you to see just a little less. 

Single player on the other hand, is all loaded in locally for you, which is why games tend to look better in single player, or maps are larger, or various ways to help boost fidelity without losing much. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, SametChan said:

Your answer isn't voted for pick better for graphic early-alpha or release now.

Are you sure? I voted it too. My vote was "release now".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

This has come up before and this is rather typical in most games. Basically we build a highly polished section for show and then start to build out and create more content and so forth. The more content you make, the more memory and resources that are being allocated to run the game. The more you run, the less fidelity you get overall. The way that our game works in Unreal as an online title with a lot of interactive parts (characters controlling vehicles, interacting with one another, a ton of spawned items on the map, etc...) all cause a lot of memory to be used. So; the game does look really darn good, especially on PC with Epic settings, but depending on where you run your game on what platform might cause you to see just a little less. 

Single player on the other hand, is all loaded in locally for you, which is why games tend to look better in single player, or maps are larger, or various ways to help boost fidelity without losing much. 

Thanks for the reply, So this will be the feature to next update of PC and Console on online and single-player?

9 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

Are you sure? I voted it too. My vote was "release now".

Thanks for voted! I want to about know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

This has come up before and this is rather typical in most games. Basically we build a highly polished section for show and then start to build out and create more content and so forth. The more content you make, the more memory and resources that are being allocated to run the game. The more you run, the less fidelity you get overall. The way that our game works in Unreal as an online title with a lot of interactive parts (characters controlling vehicles, interacting with one another, a ton of spawned items on the map, etc...) all cause a lot of memory to be used. So; the game does look really darn good, especially on PC with Epic settings, but depending on where you run your game on what platform might cause you to see just a little less. 

Single player on the other hand, is all loaded in locally for you, which is why games tend to look better in single player, or maps are larger, or various ways to help boost fidelity without losing much. 

Very good explanation. We appreciate you dropping in.

Does this mean single player will be more "polished"? Or does the same statement apply?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SametChan said:

Thanks for voted! I want to about know.

Because there was too much light in certain unnecessary places in the Alpha. Taking out the fog (in which is amazing), even the camera is better positioned in the final version.

Edit: I said this because of the flashlight. It needs to be useful in some way.

Edited by NoOneK9503

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the sound circles in Jason's vision were much better too in early alpha, they were more like a track of the counselor left behind that can help Jason to see where he could be, and not like the release ones that tell EXACTLY where the counselor is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the maps should be darker. But other than that this game looks great!

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll always feel the sound slips from Alpha should come back.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tyrant666 said:

I'll always feel the sound slips from Alpha should come back.

I agreed with this. Console and PC are still next-gen possible upgrade graphics of unreal engine 4...

 

I'm waiting for F13th: game upgrades to early-alpha and UE4 better in graphics. So if a possible update of the game version may take time long Gbtypes more like 20GB or high.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing as Jason is a joke to deal with now, I'd say any early build compared to what we currently have is better. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now