In this game mode, fear and some of Jason's abilities are slightly reworked to create a very horror like experience!

Jason Reworked:

- Stalk is learned first instead of Sense.

- Counselors no longer shriek when Jason is in the vicinity and has Stalk active.

- Stalk now hides Jason's icon on the mini-map.

- Stalk no longer drains if Jason is standing still.

- Jason can now close unlocked doors.

- Sense is now reworked:

• Sense no longer tells you exactly where a counselor is. 
  • Sense now lights up a giant area indicating that they are some where in the premise.

- When using Shift, Jason will have a three second cooldown after he exits before he can use his weapon or grab attack.

- When Jason gains the Rage ability, Stalk becomes a passive that is permanently on.

- Only running Jason's (Part 2, 3, 4,) footsteps can be heard if they RUN during Stalk.

- All walking Jason's (Part 6, 8, 9) emit 25% more fear than normal.

- Part 7 Jason emits 50% more fear than normal.

- All Jason's now have a new ability called "SURPRISE!". This ability can only be used if you are knocked down on the ground, and a counselor wanders too close to your body. By using up one throwing knife, you can press the "E" action as it prompts up and stab the counselor in their leg.

----

Fear Reworked:

Here are the four current Fear levels:
Level 1 - (Calm): Relaxed face. No Fear at all.
Level 2 - (Nervous): Slightly widened eyes; counselor looks over their shoulder occasionally. Some Fear.
Level 3 - (Afraid): Fearful face; dropped jaw; fight-or-flight posture; constant nervous glances. Substantial Fear, and makes you much more likely to stumble while running. If you are in a hiding spot, this is the point where Jason can start to hear you shriek in terror.
Level 4 - (Hysterical): Full Fear. As above, but your HUD disappears. You've never been this afraid in your life before.

NEW fear level additions:
Level 1 (Calm):

• No penalties.

Level 2 (Nervous):

• Lights up a giant area where you're in when Jason uses Sense.

Level 3 (Afraid):

• Lights up a smaller area where you're in when Jason uses sense.
  • 10% chance to stumble when jogging.
  •  20% chance to stumble when running.
  • Stamina regenerates and restores 30% slower than it normally would.

Level 4 (Hysterical):

• Jason now can see their human shape during Sense, or a cabin will light up if you are in it during Sense.
  • 10% chance to trip and fall to the ground when running,
  • 20% chance to stumble when jogging,
  • 40% chance to stumble when running.
  • Stamina regenerates and restores 60% slower than it normally would.
  • Weapon break rate increased by 20% when confronting Jason.
  • Car steering and control rate during turns decreased by 15%.

----

New Lighting in Maps.
- All maps are now 50% darker for counselors only in dark areas with no lights or in the woods. This forces counselor's to use their flashlights to help make them see better when not near light sources.

Current Lighting Example: (In woods, not near a light source, and flashlight turned off)

I0naK7p.jpg

NEW Lighting Example: (In woods, not near a light source, and flashlight  turned off)

mAVey8p.jpg

----

NEW Items & Reworks:

Flashlights - Counselors no longer start with a Flashlight equipped, they must find a Flashlight in a drawer to have access to it similar to a Walkie Talkie.

Minimap - The minimap on the bottom right is now gone until you pick up or find a map.

Firecrackers - Firecrackers now also light up an area in red if Jason is near by and uses Sense.

Flare Gun - If shot into the air, now will also reveal all nearby fellow counselor icons on the map for 120 seconds. Will reveal Jason for 60 seconds.

Medical Spray - Med Sprays no longer restore health but now instantly remove the cripple effect for 15 seconds.

Medical Kit - Takes 10 seconds to bandage and stitch yourself up but it heals a counselor back to full health.

Nail Gun - Can be used to further upgrade a barricade to make it more sturdy. An upgraded barricade will take four hits to break for Jasons with the +Destruction strength and seven hits for other Jasons.

Toolbox - Can be used to repair a destroyed Radio and make it functional again.

Relaxing Pills - Makes holding your breath last twice as long and lowers down your overall fear meter. Effects last for 120 seconds.

Soda Can - Doubles your stamina regeneration rate for 60 seconds.

Life Vest - Prevents the instant death of drowning from Jason when in water. One-time use.

Wooden Branch - Can now also be thrown into a fire place to increase the illumination of the area and reduce fear for 60 seconds.

Fire Extinguisher - If Jason is hit, it blinds his vision for five seconds and creates a big smoke screen that lasts for 10 seconds. Counselors in the smoke screen are unaffected by Jason's Sense ability.

Backpack - When picked up, the counselor will wear it on their back and it will give you two extra item carrying slots. Sprint speed and stamina recharge speed will be reduced by 20%. (max of 1 per map)

Doors - A locked door now takes two hits to break for Jason instead of one.

----

NEW Map Reworks:

Item Icons - Item icons such as Gas, Battery, Keys, etc. only appear on the mini-map now instead of the full sized map.

Counselor Icons - Fellow counselor icons only appear on the mini-map now instead of the full sized map.

----

NEW Jason Environmentals:

• Wire - Jason can now find a wire on the map to place at the bottom of a doorway. If a counselor walks passed it, they trip and fall to the ground. Jason can walk over the wire.
  • Trees - Jason can now cut down certain trees by roads to make them fall to the ground on the road. This will create a small road block (it will not make the road direction unpassable) that the counselors will have to drive around which can buy Jason a couple of seconds.
  • Windows - Broken windows from Jason now cause counselors to have a bleeding effect when they go through the window. The bleeding effect will leave a small visible trail of blood on the ground which will fade away after 60 seconds.
  • Holes - Jason can now dig out some small holes for areas in the woods by campfires. If a counselor walks passed it, they trip and fall to the ground. Jason can walk over the holes.
  • Tree Wires (Alternate to Holes)- Jason can now find a wire on the map to place at the bottom of a tree and connect it to another nearby tree. If a counselor walks passed it, they trip and fall to the ground. Jason can walk over the wire.

----

NEW Cops Rework:

• When Cops are called, Jason now enters Rage mode. (if he isn't in Rage already).
  • Cops that are called when there is less than five minutes remaining, arrive twice as fast. (2 minutes and 30 seconds)
  • Tommy Jarvis can no longer call the cops because they think he is crazy. 

----

NEW Mask Rework:

• When Jason is demasked, he now enters Rage mode. (if he isn't in Rage already).
  • Like 4

Honestly, I wouldn't mind the tripwire idea being added to the normal game. It's fresh and having him need to find wire like throwing knives wouldn't make it op. 

The main problem I can see with this is that the new implementations would require a lot of new mo-cap. If I remember correctly, gun stated that mo-cap, especially Jason's, is expensive. 

I would play the shit out of this mode and REALLY hope the Devs add some new & unique game modes soon. (literally sitting here dying to see what this paranoia game mode is about)

4 minutes ago, Alcanx said:

The main problem I can see with this is that the new implementations would require a lot of new mo-cap. If I remember correctly, gun stated that mo-cap, especially Jason's, is expensive. 

For tripping and stuff, can't they just take half the animation of when a counselor leaps out the window and is on the ground for a bit wiggling? 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Blonde said:

For tripping and stuff, can't they just take half the animation of when a counselor leaps out the window and is on the ground for a bit wiggling? 

Possibly, but people might whine that they're being lazy and they'd still need to splice it with a new falling animation. It also depends on whether they want the councilor to fall face first or back first, since the window animation has you going side-on to on your back. 

I would also suggest changing the hole-digging idea to simply placing tripwires between trees. 

8 hours ago, Alcanx said:

Possibly, but people might whine that they're being lazy and they'd still need to splice it with a new falling animation. It also depends on whether they want the councilor to fall face first or back first, since the window animation has you going side-on to on your back. 

Regardless we need some more game modes for this game.  We've been stuck with the same mode since launch and just now they're announcing a new game mode. (which is great)

I really hope the paranoia noise going around lives up to our expectations. 

Some of the things sure, but all the more fear equals to weapon breaking along with more fear and people are constantly stumbling means you want an easy button as Jason and not actually have to work hunting down that counselor. 

On 11/3/2017 at 0:32 PM, va_ghost said:

easy button as Jason and not actually have to work hunting down that counselor. 

Am I the only one that saw Jason nerfs in the OP?

The current fear system in the game sucks and is why you have counselors running around the same table for 5+ mins straight or fighting Jason head on for 10 full mins each game. Hopefully next update Gunmedia revokes the "easy button" they gave you counselor lovers this patch.

"Horror Mode" would be the game as it was without all the added patches, nerfs, Purple Jasons and cheesy clothing turning it into "Scooby Doo: The Game".  :lol:

On 11/2/2017 at 0:31 PM, REO said:

In this game mode, fear and some of Jason's abilities are slightly reworked to create a very horror like experience similar to the movies!

Jason Reworked:

- Stalk is learned first instead of Sense. (How about permanent Stalk?)

- All Jason's now have a new ability called "SURPRISE!". This ability can only be used if you are knocked down on the ground, and a counselor wanders too close to your body. By using up one throwing knife, you can press the "E" action as it prompts up and stab the counselor in their leg. (This could make teabagging risky.)

New Lighting in Maps.
- All maps are now 50% darker for counselors only in dark areas with no lights or in the woods. This forces counselor's to use their flashlights to help make them see better when not near light sources. (I'm all for that.)

NEW Jason Environmentals:

Trees - Jason can now cut down certain trees by roads to make them fall to the ground on the road. This will create a small road block (it will not make the road direction unpassable) that the counselors will have to drive around which can buy Jason a couple of seconds. (This would be a good way to slow down driving escapes)
Windows - Broken windows from Jason now cause counselors to have a bleeding effect when they go through the window. The bleeding effect will leave a small visible trail of blood on the ground which will fade away after 60 seconds. (Would this gradually leave the counselor in a weakened state?)
Holes - Jason can now dig out some small holes for areas in the woods by campfires. If a counselor walks passed it, they trip and fall to the ground. Jason can walk over the holes. (Do you mean "walk over it", similar to a bear trap?)

NEW Cops Rework:

• When Cops are called, Jason now enters Rage mode. (if he isn't in Rage already). (Yes)
  • Cops that are called when there is less than five minutes remaining, arrive twice as fast. (2 minutes and 30 seconds) (No)
  • Tommy Jarvis can no longer call the cops because they think he is crazy. (Maybe)

On 11/2/2017 at 0:47 PM, tiberiusmcqueen said:

That "Surprise" ability needs to be added to the actual game, that would be a great addition.

I could see that. It might cut down on the teabagging a lot of people loathe.

3 hours ago, Splatterhouse said:

"Horror Mode" would be the game as it was without all the added patches, nerfs, Purple Jasons and cheesy clothing turning it into "Scooby Doo: The Game".  :lol:

Scooby Dooby Doooooooooooooooooooooo! :ph34r:

With all the rising talk lately about possible game modes being added to F13 to create some new variety, I thought I would give this thread a bump.

On 02/11/2017 at 4:31 PM, REO said:

if anything I'd have preferred it if the game played like this ordinarily. It'd make it a lot more scary and it would be more dynamic a game play shift once Jason gets rage. I like the game how it is, I'm just thinking that the changes suggested would make it scarier, and scarier in a game like this equals fun :3

• Like 1

@Good Ol Ginny I agree, a scarier and more challenging mode would make this game so much more fun! Not only for me, but for the group I play with, too!

I added some new item ideas like Nail Gun, Relaxing Pills, Soda Can, and Backpack.

What do you guys think?