Sign in to follow this  

5 minutes ago, Caulus said:

"Once you learn the game, and play it more...there isn't much "challenge"?"

Not after this last patch, I agree. There is no challenge. Not anywhere near where it was.

"No flame war at all, but yeah majority of people that are crying about the nerf grip since the latest patch, are the same "elitist" pulling this trolling BS on low level Jasons, where they waste the entire 20 minutes taunting him, instead of leaving for the police/boat/car, when it was available."

This is exactly what I was talking about. Assumptive mudslinging. The internet is a giant dictionary, if you're confused about what that means.

Stop trying to paint other players negatively. Thanks.

If people are doing that, then they are negative to their community base, and should be portrayed that way. I'll call them like I see them, and nobody likes being around their "elitist" douchery. So far, the majority of complainers about this patch, are people that teabag Jason, taunt, team kill, steal cars and take off with Tommy, waste everyones time being selfish, and are mainly children...They think its funny, and live a sad life.

I don't care how many times this game gets patched, its not enough for me to go on some witch hunt, and complain about a bunch of minuet changes. At the end of the day its a game. What I don't like is seeing instead of people being supportive and helping other learn the game, they do dumb crap like this, and eventually single player will be the only way to play this game.

1 minute ago, PsychBam said:

I'm not upset that Jason can't kill. Idc if all 7 counselors escape. I just don't want to escape by cops and watch a bunch of people not even attempt an objective..
and if it were to get that achievement then why do I watch the same people do it multiple games in a row. Legit I'm talking obvious people trolling, we all know it when we see it.

Even you are acknowledging the trolling and trying to blame it on Jason and him not being a proper threat.. no, the problem is trolling.. The problem is the people doing the trolling. They are just awful people to play with and I've been playing since early June and trolling has always existed. The same people doing this now were the same ones who have trolled against the beginning. They will always find a way to do it and ruin the game for others.. So the problem isn't the newest update.. it's the people playing

You make good points but the fact remains...: If Jason were a proper threat, this annoying trolling of him would be a lot harder to do.

5 minutes ago, Caulus said:

@PsychBam Honestly, you guys are upset that Jason can't kill like he should. If Jason were a proper threat, this trolling you see would be a lot harder to do.

I'm. Just. Sayin'.

You basically say trolling is ok, it is the fault of the Jason player who maybe just happened to start this game an hour ago for the first time?

nah. trolls are the problem. you can´t blame someone for beeing new or noob. you know there are people out there playing for the fun only.

There are issues with the update as much as there are trolls playing this game. It’s simply isn’t just a matter of one or the other. 

Jason isn’t as much of a threat players have caught on to this and are taking advantage of it because they can. Now this update isn’t the product of trolling but trolling is a a consequence of the changes. 

@Thad Kerrington You are entitled to your opinions. Feel however you like, but don't assume that because people were happy pre-patch that they are the cause of what's wrong with the game.

Jason is as deadly as before. That is not the reason for this behaviour. It´s not new, people where already doing this before the patch.

The nerf grab just makes it so you need to be a bit closer now. No big deal. The traps didn´t bother me at all, because i didn´t stack them before the patch. Also never multitrapped before or after patch.

@Caulus You are right, it's not just people who were happy pre-patch it's also people who were screaming for the patch. They are just called trolls

2 minutes ago, MyNameisJason said:

There are issues with the update as much as there are trolls playing this game. It’s simply isn’t just a matter of one or the other. 

Jason isn’t as much of a threat players have caught on to this and are taking advantage of it because they can. Now this update isn’t the product of trolling but trolling is a a consequence of the changes. 

@pApA^LeGBa ^^^ This

1 hour ago, ZooMalfunction said:

The issue with this game is that too many people play it as a power fantasy where they get to stick the finger up at Jason Voorhees.

They come onto the forums preaching balance, when in reality they just want a game where counselors are OP and they can feel tough making a mockery of the killer.

Gun - when you regularly have games where gangs of people are beating the shit out of Jason and dancing on his body to humiliate him without fear, you've majorly fucked up, and are pissing all over the license you were trusted with.

Problem is, retards = $$$. I don't see this getting any better.

You might as well just change the license to Scooby Doo, and replace the 4-seater with the Mystery Machine, for all the threat the killer poses these days.

The nerfs that were recently made, grab and no more trap-stacking, were needed. Grab range was too long and trap stacking was just bogus. Stack 4 traps at the phone and just take turns morphing to the other vehicles. Yep totally fair.

The problem wasn't that those things were nerfed, it was/is that the other elements of Jason's gameplay are limited. It was necessary to abuse the extra long grab and stack traps in order to win. When the game relies on 2 or 3 mechanics to make the killer threatening, that's a problem. They need to improve Jason's other gameplay elements and keep his grab and traps as they are now. Then it will make Jason properly powerful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZooMalfunction said:

The issue with this game is that too many people play it as a power fantasy where they get to stick the finger up at Jason Voorhees.

They come onto the forums preaching balance, when in reality they just want a game where counselors are OP and they can feel tough making a mockery of the killer.

Gun - when you regularly have games where gangs of people are beating the shit out of Jason and dancing on his body to humiliate him without fear, you've majorly fucked up, and are pissing all over the license you were trusted with.

Problem is, retards = $$$. I don't see this getting any better.

You might as well just change the license to Scooby Doo, and replace the 4-seater with the Mystery Machine, for all the threat the killer poses these days.

Bwahahaha!!!

I don't like the recent nerfs to Jason and have been vocal about it. However I'm far from being an elitist, and I have never trolled a Jason player. I'm an average Jason player at best, and I know how shitty it feels to be really trying while these assholes taunt you. I wouldnt do it to someone else.

The only time I've used an emote towards Jason, was when I was the last person alive, was out of resources, and I just didn't feel like running anymore. I stopped in the middle of the road, used the crying emote, and accepted my fate. 

I do agree that the taunting since the last patch has gotten ridiculous. I see more dancing than running. Everyone has the right to play the way they choose. However I refuse to participate in making fun of Jason. For the Jason players sake, and because I have too much respect for the franchise. Maybe that's me taking things a bit too serious. 

I sincerely hope we see the pendulum swing back the other way, and put the fear of Jason back into these cocky counselors. 

3 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

The nerfs that were recently made, grab and no more trap-stacking, were needed. Grab range was too long and trap stacking was just bogus. Stack 4 traps at the phone and just take turns morphing to the other vehicles. Yep totally fair.

The problem wasn't that those things were nerfed, it was/is that the other elements of Jason's gameplay are limited. It was necessary to abuse the extra long grab and stack traps in order to win. When the game relies on 2 or 3 mechanics to make the killer threatening, that's a problem. They need to improve Jason's other gameplay elements and keep his grab and traps as they are now. Then it will make Jason properly powerful.

I can just say that many good jasons still wipe out the entire team. And not only newbie teams. My average is also the same like before the patch as Jason. Adapt. Improvise.Overcome :D

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

I can just say that many good jasons still wipe out the entire team. And not only newbie teams. My average is also the same like before the patch as Jason. Adapt. Improvise.Overcome :D

Since the patch I'm still getting 5 to 8 kills a match....I never multi-trap a spot, and I've just had to practice more with shift grab, and grabbing in general. Players average around lvl 40. I think the game still plays great for Jason.

2 minutes ago, Thad Kerrington said:

Since the patch I'm still getting 5 to 8 kills a match....I never multi-trap a spot, and I've just had to practice more with shift grab, and grabbing in general. Players average around lvl 40. I think the game still plays great for Jason.

I remember being level 40. I still felt like a noob. lol

You’ve hit a soft spot for the fans because it often is the players making the game insufferable, not the mechanics. There was a Jason today talking trash about the game as he was playing, complaining about the grab “look at this, look at this shit, the grab sucks” and I’m like... you’re supposed to be Jason, suck it up and play. He only exposed how all he did was spam grab and was dogging the game while playing as Jason. First of all, if you are Jason, shut the fuck up, you’re ruining the game. Turn your mic off and get down to business. Seconsly, there’s nothing more unnecessary than listening to someone bitch about the game as Jason, it ruins it in multiple ways. These are the sourpuss players that ruin the game by being bratty and selfish, just in different ways. 

Great thread. At times I get messing with Jason, and at times I get choosing not to escape to help others... but yeah just wasting a round endlessly mocking a Jason who is obviously just new is really classless.