Sign in to follow this  

I read on here on a daily basis that there is a problem with this game and it's the new trap nerf or grab nerf. These new aspects of the game do make it more challenging but it is not the real issue.
I read posts of people saying how easy it is to kite Jason and they will spend "x" amount of time running away and dodging him and so on. 
How do you all not see that you are the issue? I understand there are going to be games where you have a subpar Jason because you are a good counselor and it makes for bad play, but how is your solution to make the match take a full 20 minutes trolling him? Do you just want to prove that there is an issue? Yes, there is an issue and it's that it is only that persons 5th or less time being Jason or even that someone was so used to the old stuff that they haven't played Jason enough to adapt yet and they are used to their old strategy. 
Kiting Jason and trolling and doing dance emotes and mocking Jason does not make you cool and is annoying to watch. You aren't proving anything. Just escape if you're SO good and lets get a new Jason and maybe they will be better.

I played multiple matches last night where I would escape super quick because the Jason was a level 5 or 3 legitimately never having played before and then you have counselors level 80+ trolling him. Dodging, smacking him with a wrench and dancing on him with emotes... The cops are called, I'm sitting next to you in the car honking telling you to get in so we can end the round and they just sit there. 
I run across too many players like this when I play. If you ask me, it's not the recent patch or all the things people complain about on here that would ever make me stop playing(I'll always try to adapt and be better) but instead it's these toxic people that will eventually make me, other long term players, and even newcomers stop playing.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PsychBam said:

I read on here on a daily basis that there is a problem with this game and it's the new trap nerf or grab nerf. These new aspects of the game do make it more challenging but it is not the real issue.
I read posts of people saying how easy it is to kite Jason and they will spend "x" amount of time running away and dodging him and so on. 
How do you all not see that you are the issue? I understand there are going to be games where you have a subpar Jason because you are a good counselor and it makes for bad play, but how is your solution to make the match take a full 20 minutes trolling him? Do you just want to prove that there is an issue? Yes, there is an issue and it's that it is only that persons 5th or less time being Jason or even that someone was so used to the old stuff that they haven't played Jason enough to adapt yet and they are used to their old strategy. 
Kiting Jason and trolling and doing dance emotes and mocking Jason does not make you cool and is annoying to watch. You aren't proving anything. Just escape if you're SO good and lets get a new Jason and maybe they will be better.

I played multiple matches last night where I would escape super quick because the Jason was a level 5 or 3 legitimately never having played before and then you have counselors level 80+ trolling him. Dodging, smacking him with a wrench and dancing on him with emotes... The cops are called, I'm sitting next to you in the car honking telling you to get in so we can end the round and they just sit there. 
I run across too many players like this when I play. If you ask me, it's not the recent patch or all the things people complain about on here that would ever make me stop playing(I'll always try to adapt and be better) but instead it's these toxic people that will eventually make me, other long term players, and even newcomers stop playing.

I agree with you man. Everyone complaining about the grab nerf are the same people that do this stuff. I want to finish as many matches as possible, and as quickly as possible whether its escape, death, or I massacre. Seems like sooo many people now troll Jason for 10 minutes after the cops are called and are literally doing nothing but wasting everyone's time.

I've gotten use to Jasons grab now and have moved on. The two things that still bother more than whatever it is that GUN is doing to the game, are the people that do this childish stuff, and salty host rage quitters. I worry about the later far less now because I'm doing a lot more private matches now (like we had to do at launch) then QP cause of it having the worst host possible.

In time, the more patches, the better the game will be. Its about near flawless to me other than children in matches, doing this stuff...and bad host. Sometimes they drop the game because of the previously mentioned behavior.

You both understand that it’s your prerogative to end the match as soon as possible right? Why should I die if I’m the last alive because you want the match to end so you can move in to the next round where I will most likely once again be the only person alive. Whose to say I’m alive because of my knowledge and experience in the game and because I know how to evade Jason. 

Better yet, the game is broken with flawed mechanics. Just because you’re of the opinion that you think it’s fine doesn’t mean that there aren’t serious issues with the gameplay that others have legitimate complaints about. 

1 minute ago, MyNameisJason said:

You both understand that it’s your prerogative to end the match as soon as possible right? Why should I die if I’m the last alive because you want the match to end so you can move in to the next round where I will most likely once again be the only person alive. Whose to say I’m alive because of my knowledge and experience in the game and because I know how to evade Jason. 

Better yet, the game is broken with flawed mechanics. Just because you’re of the opinion that you think it’s fine doesn’t mean that there aren’t serious issues with the gameplay that others have legitimate complaints about. 

Its mainly about having good/fun game etiquettes with the others in the lobby with you. Nobody cares to see someone run around for 20 minutes eluding a n00b Jason. Its been done before, and done to the point where it is boring. I guess if that's the type of person you want to be, then have fun...I'll only be around for one match with ya. 

The issue with this game is that too many people play it as a power fantasy where they get to stick the finger up at Jason Voorhees.

They come onto the forums preaching balance, when in reality they just want a game where counselors are OP and they can feel tough making a mockery of the killer.

Gun - when you regularly have games where gangs of people are beating the shit out of Jason and dancing on his body to humiliate him without fear, you've majorly fucked up, and are pissing all over the license you were trusted with.

Problem is, retards = $$$. I don't see this getting any better.

You might as well just change the license to Scooby Doo, and replace the 4-seater with the Mystery Machine, for all the threat the killer poses these days.

• Like 5

@ZooMalfunction The devs are hardcore movie fans don´t forget that. They would never let something like this happen. *ironyoff*

I have seen "Pros" baiting Jason with fake trap/failled skill check sounds. Followed by hardcore flaming everyone who refused to troll Jason with him. People actually followed him.

He was even raging when people didn´t fight the level 6 Jason properly in a gang of 5 counselors. Like he flamed someone for not using block vs a first time Jason player who was obviously totally lost and stressed.

But meh, those same people are the ones who also buy the kills in single packs for every Jason. You got that pretty right with retards = $$$. And Gun adapts. DLC´s are working.

I hate it when everyone else has died or escaped, and there's the last counselor who realizes he's much better than the Jason player, so instead of escaping he wants to run around trolling. And you and everyone else is stuck spectating this clown. That's fucking annoying. Then to top it off, people start leaving so when the match is finally over you have to waste even more time waiting for the lobby to fill back up. There's just a lack of etiquette on a large part of the community.

• Like 1

I've noticed an influx of new players as of late due to the Steam sale, Halloween, etc. I like seeking more people getting into the game, and whenever someone announces that "this is my first game, how do I do [X]?" And I'm always more than happy to help them, offer tips, etc, and ease them into things. This bullshit that OP is talking about is just going to drive people away because it makes all the players look like assholes.

17 minutes ago, Thad Kerrington said:

Its mainly about having good/fun game etiquettes with the others in the lobby with you. Nobody cares to see someone run around for 20 minutes eluding a n00b Jason. Its been done before, and done to the point where it is boring. I guess if that's the type of person you want to be, then have fun...I'll only be around for one match with ya. 

So I should just die because everyone else failed to stay alive. Why should I stop trying to earn xp. I can still repair objectives and juke Jason along the way. If it don’t feel like than ok I’m dead. I guess try not to get killed or escape right away if other players are still alive and they don’t have the experience or the ability to complete objectives. You could perhaps hang around and help them. Instead of saying well I want this over here and now and because I’m done everyone else should just keel over so we can start the next round lol. 

15 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@ZooMalfunction The devs are hardcore movie fans don´t forget that. They would never let something like this happen. *ironyoff*

I have seen "Pros" baiting Jason with fake trap/failled skill check sounds. Followed by hardcore flaming everyone who refused to troll Jason with him. People actually followed him.

He was even raging when people didn´t fight the level 6 Jason properly in a gang of 5 counselors. Like he flamed someone for not using block vs a first time Jason player who was obviously totally lost and stressed.

But meh, those same people are the ones who also buy the kills in single packs for every Jason. You got that pretty right with retards = $$$. And Gun adapts. DLC´s are working.

And suddenly players who enjoy extra content and wanted to spend their money because they like Jason and wanted the new executions makes those players retards. Wow, I guess instead of pointing fingers at the people who play this game you guys should take a look in the mirror. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, PsychBam said:

How do you all not see that you are the issue? I understand there are going to be games where you have a subpar Jason because you are a good counselor and it makes for bad play, but how is your solution to make the match take a full 20 minutes trolling him?

I understand where you're coming from, but if these players never get a chance to practice with a good counselor juking the shit out of them, they will never get better. I'm not saying that trolling Jason is the right thing to do. I just mean maybe he can pick up a few tricks/new strategies BECAUSE he's being juked. Without someone challenging you, you will never get better. If there's an escape option available I'll take it. But if I'm the last one alive and can't escape, I'm juking until my head gets punched off.

55 minutes ago, Thad Kerrington said:

I agree with you man. Everyone complaining about the grab nerf are the same people that do this stuff....

This kind of assumptive mudslinging is irresponsible. Are you trying to start a flame war?

I get it. You couldn't enjoy the game at the challenge level everyone else was at. Still, you're best tucking your agenda into your pocket and sticking to facts instead of painting everyone of a differing opinion with a bad brush.

46 minutes ago, MyNameisJason said:

I think you misunderstood my post. I have no problem if you are legit running from Jason because you are last alive. But that is not what the people on the forums say they do. I'm talking about people that would prefer to mess with Jason over fix objectives before they are last alive and/or the cops are there or car is there and they are not doing those and just wasting time.

@MyNameisJason

you do realize that we will have 10 Jasons overall, making that 30$ only for kills? In a game that should have been released this christmas because it still has issues that belong in beta? I can get a whole new game for that, even a newer one with a sale. Prey atm for example.

it is not about staying alive and trying to actually escape and end the game. This topic is about people who stay in game to juke Jasons when the cops are already there. For the pure sake of stunning and teabagging him until time runs out.

and this is a habit that annoys others a lot. not funny if you wanna stay in the lobby with the same people and have to watch some childish player teabagging for 10mins right next to the cops.

17 minutes ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

I hate it when everyone else has died or escaped, and there's the last counselor who realizes he's much better than the Jason player, so instead of escaping he wants to run around trolling. And you and everyone else is stuck spectating this clown. That's fucking annoying. Then to top it off, people start leaving so when the match is finally over you have to waste even more time waiting for the lobby to fill back up. There's just a lack of etiquette on a large part of the community.

This is what my post was about. I agree 100%

1 minute ago, Caulus said:

This kind of assumptive mudslinging is irresponsible. Are you trying to start a flame war?

I get it. You couldn't enjoy the game at the challenge level everyone else was at. Still, you're best tucking your agenda into your pocket and sticking to facts instead of painting everyone with a differing opinion with a bad brush.

Once you learn the game, and play it more...there isn't much "challenge"? The game is meant to be fun for all, not the selfish few that won't to parade around and taunt. Its not funny, clever, leet, or anything else but boring and lame. I don't understand what you are even getting mad about? No flame war at all, but yeah majority of people that are crying about the nerf grip since the latest patch, are the same "elitist" pulling this trolling BS on low level Jasons, where they waste the entire 20 minutes taunting him, instead of leaving for the police/boat/car, when it was available.

50 minutes ago, MyNameisJason said:

3 minutes ago, PsychBam said:

I think you misunderstood my post. I have no problem if you are legit running from Jason because you are last alive. But that is not what the people on the forums say they do. I'm talking about people that would prefer to mess with Jason over fix objectives before they are last alive and/or the cops are there or car is there and they are not doing those and just wasting time.

Ditto @MyNameisJason I'm not talking about if you're the last one alive, and 3 or 4 others have escaped by means of car. We're talking about people just sitting around the police spawn, and just taunt Jason/run around and firecracker/bat stun him over and over...etc.

I'm talking about one round I filled gas as chad(messed up), fixed fuse(messed up), called cops, started car and escaped. Clearly this Jason is new or learning and now I have to watch the other 6(the guy I escaped with came back as Tommy) Troll this kid. Even after the cops showed up nobody even attempted an escape. 

"Once you learn the game, and play it more...there isn't much "challenge"?"

Not after this last patch, I agree. There is no challenge. Not anywhere near where it was.

"No flame war at all, but yeah majority of people that are crying about the nerf grip since the latest patch, are the same "elitist" pulling this trolling BS on low level Jasons, where they waste the entire 20 minutes taunting him, instead of leaving for the police/boat/car, when it was available."

This is exactly what I was talking about. Assumptive mudslinging. The internet is a giant dictionary, if you're confused about what that means.

Stop trying to paint other players negatively. Thanks.

4 minutes ago, Thad Kerrington said:

Ditto @MyNameisJason I'm not talking about if you're the last one alive, and 3 or 4 others have escaped by means of car. We're talking about people just sitting around the police spawn, and just taunt Jason/run around and firecracker/bat stun him over and over...etc.

You do realise there's a trophy behind surviving the night, don't you?

It's kind of difficult to suggest that people are trolling when such things are in-game. Player agency.

You as a player have the right to be offended by someone else's tactics. You don't, however, get to force your will onto others without any evidence of BS.

...and I hate trolls, too.

Honestly, I wish they would implement a Countdown Timer for counselors after the police are on the scene. You have 4-5 minutes to get to the exit or you lose.
Hell Jason starts with a 20 minute timer, why shouldn't the counselor get a timer one his escape arrives? Lol
I just get tired of watching people not escape and mess around. i'm trying to play not spectate and watch people goof off. I get if you are legit doing stuff, but most of these people are not.

1 minute ago, Caulus said:

You do realise there's a trophy behind surviving the night, don't you?

It's kind of difficult to suggest that people are trolling when such things are in-game. Player agency.

You as a player have the right to be offended by someone else's tactics. You don't, however, get to force your will onto others without any evidence of BS.

...and I hate trolls, too.

Man, I get it.. you just like to argue for the sake of arguing. But you know a troll when you see one. I explicitly said dancing with emotes in my original post. That is the point of this topic. Obvious trolls. 

@PsychBam Honestly, you guys are upset that Jason can't kill like he should. If Jason were a proper threat, this trolling you see would be a lot harder to do.

I'm. Just. Sayin'.

15 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@MyNameisJason

you do realize that we will have 10 Jasons overall, making that 30$ only for kills? In a game that should have been released this christmas because it still has issues that belong in beta? I can get a whole new game for that, even a newer one with a sale. Prey atm for example.

it is not about staying alive and trying to actually escape and end the game. This topic is about people who stay in game to juke Jasons when the cops are already there. For the pure sake of stunning and teabagging him until time runs out.

and this is a habit that annoys others a lot. not funny if you wanna stay in the lobby with the same people and have to watch some childish player teabagging for 10mins right next to the cops.

If you’re in a match where that’s happening leave or play in private lobbies. I still don’t see how buying extra content has anything to do with being stupid or the “kinds of players” this post is about. 

Im not a fan of people wasting my time either but sadly it’s going to happen. There isn’t really a way to stop it

5 minutes ago, Caulus said:

@PsychBam Honestly, you guys are upset that Jason can't kill like he should. If Jason were a proper threat, this trolling you see would be a lot harder to do.

I'm. Just. Sayin'.

I'm not upset that Jason can't kill. Idc if all 7 counselors escape. I just don't want to escape by cops and watch a bunch of people not even attempt an objective..
and if it were to get that achievement then why do I watch the same people do it multiple games in a row. Legit I'm talking obvious people trolling, we all know it when we see it.

Even you are acknowledging the trolling and trying to blame it on Jason and him not being a proper threat.. no, the problem is trolling.. The problem is the people doing the trolling. They are just awful people to play with and I've been playing since early June and trolling has always existed. The same people doing this now were the same ones who have trolled against the beginning. They will always find a way to do it and ruin the game for others.. So the problem isn't the newest update.. it's the people playing

Like I'm really liking the idea I had of adding a timer after cops show up.. if you don't make it to the cops in 4 minutes then you lose and you should lose if you don't escape in 20 minutes.. I get there is an achievement but they should get rid of it and then maybe people will feel the pressure to get stuff done.
If you call the cops it overrides the main timer. Like if there are 2 minutes left and you call then there are now 5 until cops come and then you have 4 to exit