What anti cheat is going to be used? It's just unfortunate that these kinds of games have a tendency to attract a lot of cheaters and nothing kills a game faster than cheaters.

Probably VAC on PC

I gotta be honest, I kind of hope not. VAC isn't really that good. But it's better than nothing at all I suppose.

Would you prefer punkbuster?

God no. Punkbuster is as, if not more, useless than VAC. There are more out there than just the 2 worst ones. Whatever I guess. Hopefully we can play private matches with friends, then it won't matter anyway.

I'm lost

I just asking what anti cheat will be used is all.

I mean what's punk buster and VAC

Anti cheat programs. VAC is valves anti cheat. To be honest I'm not sure who makes Punkbuster, but it's not a very good anti cheat anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

yeah im worried about trolls and people getting mad or disconnecting mid-match.

Well hopefully if someone leaves mid match a new player will spawn in and take over at that same spot? Although that would SUCK if we wanted to start the game and got thrown in mid match!

Well hopefully if someone leaves mid match a new player will spawn in and take over at that same spot? Although that would SUCK if we wanted to start the game and got thrown in mid match!

Imagine being thrown in as a counselor and you were already right in front f Jason.

I dont know of any anti cheats. Pc is gonna be the only platform players can cheat on anyway and hopefully if there is any cheats they get banned or something. I read blizzard banned 1000 people from overwatch already for cheating, this being an indie game im not sure how and if gun media will be able to do such a thing.

I dont know of any anti cheats. Pc is gonna be the only platform players can cheat on anyway and hopefully if there is any cheats they get banned or something. I read blizzard banned 1000 people from overwatch already for cheating, this being an indie game im not sure how and if gun media will be able to do such a thing.

It's a little more difficult to cheat on consoles but it can be done. It's not out of the realm.

Cheating is a serious offence. It ruins the experience and quality of game play for a larger majority of the community and it is something that can not be tolerated. Just because it is an indie game does not mean that penalties for cheating will not exist. Blizzard has always been pretty strict with bans for using exploits. I remember back in Diablo 1 if you were caught duping (duplicating items using a program to turn a potion into an item) you would be banned. Even creating your own values for items in the game would get you a ban. With that said it never hurt blizzard as they were protecting the experience for everyone else who plays legit.

You let something like that run wild and the game will die or everyone will be cheating.

• Like 1

If a camper disconnected mid-game, they could just have a heart attack. Body on the ground. Child's Play 3.

It's a little more difficult to cheat on consoles but it can be done. It's not out of the realm.

Cheating is a serious offence. It ruins the experience and quality of game play for a larger majority of the community and it is something that can not be tolerated. Just because it is an indie game does not mean that penalties for cheating will not exist. Blizzard has always been pretty strict with bans for using exploits. I remember back in Diablo 1 if you were caught duping (duplicating items using a program to turn a potion into an item) you would be banned. Even creating your own values for items in the game would get you a ban. With that said it never hurt blizzard as they were protecting the experience for everyone else who plays legit.

You let something like that run wild and the game will die or everyone will be cheating.

I suppose good hackers will find a way to cheat on anything. Just hopefully we dont run into any playing F13, i dont see a reason for cheating as it just ruins the fun and gaming experience.

I suppose good hackers will find a way to cheat on anything. Just hopefully we dont run into any playing F13, i dont see a reason for cheating as it just ruins the fun and gaming experience.

Exactly. We will never avoid cheaters in their entirety, but that doesn't mean we can't have a relatively clean experience. I also agree that cheating ruins competitive games faster than anything else and that's why I was curious to know which anti cheat they plan to use. I just want to know if I should expect minimal cheats or expect it's going to be overrun in a week. In which case I hope we can have private matches with just friends.

VAC banning is the go to on steam. And like it or not its probably one of the better ones... (Sad to say)

Could be worse... could try a proprietary anti cheat and have it end up like dark souls 2/3...

VAC banning is the go to on steam. And like it or not its probably one of the better ones... (Sad to say)

Could be worse... could try a proprietary anti cheat and have it end up like dark souls 2/3...

True enough. I just feel VAC is not a deterent. People cheat and just start a new account. I think there needs to be harsher punishments. I like the idea of doing IP, account and hardware ID bans. I know you can get around those too, but it's a pain in the ass. I just hope this game doesn't turn into a cesspool of cheaters or it'll just be a waste of money.

It's going to happen. Let's be realistic. No matter what we do, some schmuck is going to come in and ruin the fun for everyone. Small teams don't get the larger QA that other companies get...and even then, the cheating inherent with games like CoD, CS:GO and Overwatch are assured. 

We'll do everything we possibly can to make the experience as awesome as possible, and we'll be patching cheats and loopholes as quickly as possible...but just know you might run into it sometime. Luckily, its way harder to cheat via consoles, but PC can be reliably updated quickly. 

• Like 4

It's going to happen. Let's be realistic. No matter what we do, some schmuck is going to come in and ruin the fun for everyone. Small teams don't get the larger QA that other companies get...and even then, the cheating inherent with games like CoD, CS:GO and Overwatch are assured.

We'll do everything we possibly can to make the experience as awesome as possible, and we'll be patching cheats and loopholes as quickly as possible...but just know you might run into it sometime. Luckily, its way harder to cheat via consoles, but PC can be reliably updated quickly.

Oh of course. As I stated earlier, we'll never avoid them all it's just an unfortunate reality. I just hope whatever anti cheat you use it doles out some really harsh punishment. Maybe flag accounts as cheaters and then they can only join matches with other people flagged as cheaters. That would be kind of funny.

All that said I have faith in you guys and hopefully it's as clean an experience as we can all have. I'd hate to see this game die because of some ass hat with no skill or care for anyone elses fun.

Flagging cheaters is sensitive, because if you check current ARK and especially H1Z1 complaints, is people labeled as hackers then they aren't cheaters.

If fans really want to minimize cheating in their experiences, then playing it on console is the way to go.  Consoles have a history of being more secure than PC gaming.  you can just see in overwatch how there's more PC gamers being punished than console gamers since most console gamers play legit and no one wants their system bricked.

maybe the game will have option for private server/lobbies, so maybe people that really want more fair matches, could do that.

Not sure if this will support LAN play, but that could be an alternative for local players to play it without the random cheaters.

Though yes, one of the things to get right is making sure players that drop out don't ruin it for the other players.  that isn't cheating, but it is a sort of game breaking situations that might be exploited if there aren't safeguards behind it.

you can see how there was some overwatch update, where I guess tries to punish abusers, but it punished other players as well, and people are raging about it.    well too competitive sours the community anyways, but yes there is much to learn.

Flagging cheaters is sensitive, because if you check current ARK and especially H1Z1 complaints, is people labeled as hackers then they aren't cheaters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNXNsJnITWM

If fans really want to minimize cheating in their experiences, then playing it on console is the way to go. Consoles have a history of being more secure than PC gaming. you can just see in overwatch how there's more PC gamers being punished than console gamers since most console gamers play legit and no one wants their system bricked.

maybe the game will have option for private server/lobbies, so maybe people that really want more fair matches, could do that.

Not sure if this will support LAN play, but that could be an alternative for local players to play it without the random cheaters.

Though yes, one of the things to get right is making sure players that drop out don't ruin it for the other players. that isn't cheating, but it is a sort of game breaking situations that might be exploited if there aren't safeguards behind it.

you can see how there was some overwatch update, where I guess tries to punish abusers, but it punished other players as well, and people are raging about it. well too competitive sours the community anyways, but yes there is much to learn.

Except we shouldn't have to play on an under powered console just to avoid cheaters. Also console doesn't guarantee no cheaters, it's just slightly harder to do. Not impossible. Also I tend to not believe the people claiming they got banned for no reason in H1Z1. Some of them even admitted to using glitches and exploits while claiming to have not cheated, but those things are both cheating. Also all cheaters claim they don't cheat. I don't believe people who say they were banned for no reason. I've Been playing online games for years. I don't cheat or use exploits and glitches and I've never been banned ever. So Like I said, I'm not buying it. Like I said before, if we can have private matches with trusted friends, it'd go a long way toward avoiding said cheaters.

Some of them even admitted to using glitches and exploits while claiming to have not cheated, but those things are both cheating.

I disagree, anything present in the unaltered code is fair game. Glitch vs. Feature is a matter of perspective. If it's legitimately deemed unfair, then it's up to the devs to fix their code. Don't blame players for optimally utilizing all which the developers made available to them.

You guys, look on the bright side.

It will LOOK sweeter on the PC than console. It will be open for the MOD community (heck, Gun could partner up with a MOD group) to create some really sweet stuff, and you can always just get around playing with cheaters by quickly finding people you like to play with, and then settin up closed matches with those folks. It's going to be great fun!