Alien_Number_Six

We need the new update. We need it quick.

14 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

You know what makes this whole thing even worse? The Devs are completely silent on the issue. 

That's the part I don't understand. 

4 hours ago, thatdudescott said:

That's the part I don't understand. 

this is, hands down, their biggest problem... especially with THIS update. they made massive changes that outraged a big chunk of their fan base and to my knowledge really haven't addressed or acknowledged any of it. if they communicated on a regular basis, there's no way 85% of those posts on here would be see negative.

After about 10 or so games since the update, I can safely say I stand behind my vote of 1/10 shortly after the patch. The counselors actually have been nerfed slightly.

Stamina burns more quickly when sprinting and regenerates slower than before, There is a significant delay between opening windows and climbing through them, climbing through windows no longer gives a boost to stamina regeneration, counselors can no longer bypass the trapped car door by accessing open door prompt (probably due to the trap nerf), and lastly the cabins appear to have been nerfed as well: there are less usable windows.

I played a game recently where the I was killed because a big cabin, not a small one, only had one open window on it. One. I ran around it from J2 from the side: no windows, open or shut; from behind; all shuttered windows, opposite side locked door and no window; around the front: 4 windows, three shuttered and one open.

Yep, this recent patch has utterly broken the balance of the game. The game isn't fun to play on either side anymore.

Please revert this patch Gun/illfonic. Just go back to the Oct. 11. patch and work from there.

This last patch is a complete disaster. It has stripped 85% of the fun completely out of the game. Don't wait until it's too late....

Edited: Forgot 1 nerf.

• Like 3

The game is trash as of now. I got on last night played one game and quit. I was counceler against part 8 Jason the car started up too quick and so did the other a few mins after and this was at the beginning. Jason ended up quitting I don't blame him. Yeah this game just doesn't feel fun anymore it's to easy to get away from Jason you can literally run in circles around him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Can't wait for a new update. The game needs it at this point and I am really looking forward to Paranoia mode. 

I'm still waiting for ACTUALLY FUCKING WORKS Mode. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Caulus said:

Stamina burns more quickly when sprinting and regenerates slower than before, There is a significant delay between opening windows and climbing through them, climbing through windows no longer gives a boost to stamina regeneration, counselors can no longer bypass the trapped car door by accessing open door prompt (probably due to the trap nerf), and lastly the cabins appear to have been nerfed as well: there are less usable windows.

I have not noticed any of these things, on the contrary they operate the same as before, as far as I'm aware. I have also been able to bypass a trapped car door just fine, although I have encountered a glitch on a couple occasions by doing that (explained in the bugs / glitches thread) which allows you to instantly escape Jason's grab if he pulls you out of the car.

I played a game recently where the I was killed because a big cabin, not a small one, only had one open window on it. One. I ran around it from J2 from the side: no windows, open or shut; from behind; all shuttered windows, opposite side locked door and no window; around the front: 4 windows, three shuttered and one open.

This I don't doubt. Counselors do fall victim to problems caused by windows being randomly generated access points. And people wonder why I say doors are better left open.

Yep, this recent patch has utterly broken the balance of the game. The game isn't fun to play on either side anymore.

It really hasn't. People are just being far too dramatic about it. There are real issues with the game but they have little to do with the changes from the last update, other than introducing some more bugs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tommy86 said:

I have not noticed any of these things, on the contrary they operate the same as before, as far as I'm aware. I have also been able to bypass a trapped car door just fine, although I have encountered a glitch on a couple occasions by doing that (explained in the bugs / glitches thread) which allows you to instantly escape Jason's grab if he pulls you out of the car.

This I don't doubt. Counselors do fall victim to problems caused by windows being randomly generated access points. And people wonder why I say doors are better left open.

It really hasn't. People are just being far too dramatic about it. There are real issues with the game but they have little to do with the changes from the last update, other than introducing some more bugs.

1. Next time you play, take notice

2. Yeah, no. I have never encountered this at a large cabin before. Ever.

3. BULLSHIT!!! This is the biggest line of bullshit I've ever seen.

Just now, Caulus said:

1. Next time you play, take notice

2. Yeah, no. I have never encountered this at a large cabin before. Ever.

3. BULLSHIT!!! This is the biggest line of bullshit I've ever seen.

1. Or show me proof. To be able to test this would require directly comparing these things to a previous version of the game. They are not easily observable or measurable otherwise. As I have not noticed any discernible difference, I will keep my opinion unless proven otherwise.

2. Cabin layouts have always operated this way. There are accessible windows, and there are shuttered ones. They are randomly generated. Whether there are more shuttered ones now isn't as significant as the fact they have always been randomly generated and caused problems for counselors because of it.

3. Stop acting like a child.

• Like 1

Just now, HaHaTrumpWon said:

So you're waiting too, right? Yeah, I know... it's boring.

I just thought what you said was a bit played out. I love this game and I put up with a lot of things when I play it and I wish I didn't have to. But that dosen't mean I am jaded about it and I feel that losing my shit about it isn't going to fix anything. Being snarky and sarcastic just makes the issue worse for me. At one point I wasn't going to play until the next update but I decided to have a different attitude about the game. It is what it is. 

2 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I just thought what you said was a bit played out. I love this game and I put up with a lot of things when I play it and I wish I didn't have to. But that dosen't mean I am jaded about it and I feel that losing my shit about it isn't going to fix anything. Being snarky and sarcastic just makes the issue worse for me. At one point I wasn't going to play until the next update but I decided to have a different attitude about the game. It is what it is. 

It IS a broken shitty mess. Do you know why players are so jaded about it? Because there's 11 pages of severely pissed off fans in the latest patch notes thread and not one single Dev or Admin has responded to any of the complaints, questions, or PMs the people in that thread have sent or posted, nor does anybody expect them to. Gun/Ill have lost an utterly staggering amount of respect and support from the loyal fans that made this game possible in the first place, and it didn't have to happen.

1 minute ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

It IS a broken shitty mess. Do you know why players are so jaded about it? Because there's 11 pages of severely pissed off fans in the latest patch notes thread and not one single Dev or Admin has responded to any of the complaints, questions, or PMs the people in that thread have sent or posted, nor does anybody expect them to. Gun/Ill have lost an utterly staggering amount of respect and support from the loyal fans that made this game possible in the first place, and it didn't have to happen.

The last time things were this bad in the community the developers families got doxed and they received death threats. In that environment I wouldn't be chomping at the bit to talk to the community. That isn't my fault but that is why we can't have nice things. I would like a response as well. It will come with the next patch notes. In the meantime I'm going to roll with it. Paranoia looks fun and the level increase will give me some things to unlock. 

1 hour ago, Tommy86 said:

1. Or show me proof. To be able to test this would require directly comparing these things to a previous version of the game. They are not easily observable or measurable otherwise. As I have not noticed any discernible difference, I will keep my opinion unless proven otherwise.

2. Cabin layouts have always operated this way. There are accessible windows, and there are shuttered ones. They are randomly generated. Whether there are more shuttered ones now isn't as significant as the fact they have always been randomly generated and caused problems for counselors because of it.

3. Stop acting like a child.

I've never not been able to step over traps at the door either even after the most recent patch.

8 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

The last time things were this bad in the community the developers families got doxed and they received death threats. In that environment I wouldn't be chomping at the bit to talk to the community. That isn't my fault but that is why we can't have nice things. I would like a response as well. It will come with the next patch notes. In the meantime I'm going to roll with it. Paranoia looks fun and the level increase will give me some things to unlock. 

The only thing coming with the next patch is more bullshit. Do you know what the added unlocks/level cap/Paranoia thing reminds me of? A commercial I saw a long time ago where this little girl brings her Cable TV-selling dad to class and when the kids start asking pointed questions, he responds with "Who likes candy?" and all the kids forgot about the questions he dodged. Gun/Ill is doing the same thing, except after we've paid for a product.

The only thing coming with the next patch is more bullshit. Do you know what the added unlocks/level cap/Paranoia thing reminds me of? A commercial I saw a long time ago where this little girl brings her Cable TV-selling dad to class and when the kids start asking pointed questions, he responds with "Who likes candy?" and all the kids forgot about the questions he dodged. Gun/Ill is doing the same thing, except after we've paid for a product.

Well you can always quit or take a break. I took a break from the game for a few days and came back to it. Destiny however I simply quit outright. If you don't like the way a company does business the best way to punish them is to take your cash elsewhere. Money talks and bullshit walks as they say.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Well you can always quit or take a break. I took a break from the game for a few days and came back to it. Destiny however I simply quit outright. If you don't like the way a company does business the best way to punish them is to take your cash elsewhere. Money talks and bullshit walks as they say.

In case you didn't realize, there's not a whole lot of people making F13 games. And taking a break from a game is all fine and good but it's not addressing the real problem. People are upset because the developers of one of the most anticipated games in over a decade made a game that, while flawed from the get-go, was still insanely fun to play, then they caved to a bunch of whiny sand-filled pussies and essentially nerfed the greatest horror icon in history to a point that all you need to do to survive a 20 minute onslaught is stay 8-10 feet in front of him. Then when the fans protested and complained, the same developers that never missed a chance to talk about how much they value those fans then turned a deaf ear to their feedback and stonewalled them. Thats why people are so unhappy and pissed off; Gun/Ill made a huge fuck-up and now it's at the point where nobody actually expects that they'll do anything to actually fix it. 

But hey, we got a hippie counselor and some dancing emotes so fuck it, who needs reliable servers and single-player...

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Jawbone said:

I've never not been able to step over traps at the door either even after the most recent patch.

I've never not been able to do it either. With the latest patch, I either end up stepping over it and getting in the car, or I end up stepping into it but getting in the car anyway. That's when the glitch happens where the game still thinks you are in the trap even though you're already in the car. So when Jason pulls you out, he actually pulls out nothing and you simply exit the car "escaping" his grab instantly. And I actually have videos to prove all this if need be (and have already reported it).

All I think it comes down to is how the trap is placed, so if it is placed too close to the car door, it won't stop you from entering.

• Like 1

In case you didn't realize, there's not a whole lot of people making F13 games. And taking a break from a game is all fine and good but it's not addressing the real problem. People are upset because the developers of one of the most anticipated games in over a decade made a game that, while flawed from the get-go, was still insanely fun to play, then they caved to a bunch of whiny sand-filled pussies and essentially nerfed the greatest horror icon in history to a point that all you need to do to survive a 20 minute onslaught is stay 8-10 feet in front of him. Then when the fans protested and complained, the same developers that never missed a chance to talk about how much they value those fans then turned a deaf ear to their feedback and stonewalled them. Thats why people are so unhappy and pissed off; Gun/Ill made a huge fuck-up and now it's at the point where nobody actually expects that they'll do anything to actually fix it. 

But hey, we got a hippie counselor and some dancing emotes so fuck it, who needs reliable servers and single-player...

You don't have to tell me why people are angry. And with people being angry in the past resulting in death threats and doxing I would stay silent until I have something to offer as well. I don't agree with the Jason nerf either. But it is what it is and I can't change it. So I am just going to take a wait and see attitude. That is all you can do. And it's the mature route to take. I'm getting too old to be angry over trival things.

4 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

You don't have to tell me why people are angry. And with people being angry in the past resulting in death threats and doxing I would stay silent until I have something to offer as well. I don't agree with the Jason nerf either. But it is what it is and I can't change it. So I am just going to take a wait and see attitude. That is all you can do. And it's the mature route to take. I'm getting too old to be angry over trival things.

This is a board full of horror-movie fans, it's NOT trivial. 

But alright, lets wait and see what they bring us next, though my money is still on "more disappointment".

36 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

This is a board full of horror-movie fans, it's NOT trivial. 

But alright, lets wait and see what they bring us next, though my money is still on "more disappointment".

I have voiced my sincere disappointment in the past over patches breaking parts of the game that were working fine pre-patch. Your not alone and your not wrong. This developer and publisher got ahold of a license that was bigger then they were. It really shows but the release of the game was at a forty dollar price point. The game so far has no microtransactions or loot boxes and most of the DLC has been free. What DLC has been sold was extremely optional. It dosen't make up for the amateur hour development but it dosen't hurt and the game is much better off in the hands of GunMedia/Illphonic then it would be in the hands of EA or Activision who would shove a Sevini Jason loot box up you ass in a heartbeat.

@Tommy86 I'm no rookie. I've used the door icon to dodge the traps in many of my games.

The last 2 of the of the 10 or more of my games since the patch I've tried it, but it cancels and the icon disappears. When I try to move, the trap springs.

I'm not acting like anything. Stop kissing the devs asses. The last patch RUINED the game.

Ask anyone outside of your circle-jerk buddy group how they feel about it. The only people who like the patch are people who hate Jason. Seriously.

...and why would anyone buy this Friday the 13th game if don't want to play as Jason? 

It was literally one of the advertised features! lol