Alien_Number_Six

We need the new update. We need it quick.

For those of you that keep up with this game more than I do, is there any plans for a update/new patch soon?

2 minutes ago, Jawbone said:

At doing what exactly? Segregating playerbases to appease a small group of people on a fourm?

Yes, that small group that likes playing on Easy Mode.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Caulus said:

Yes, that small group that likes playing on Easy Mode.

Gotta fall back to fun being a lottery so we can see the game go back down to pre-sale numbers. We could just make it so we sit in a lobby endlessly and when everyone readies up it just gives 1 of the 8 the 3k xp they would get from playing Jason and we would get the same end result of people just leaving.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pro5pt0 said:

For those of you that keep up with this game more than I do, is there any plans for a update/new patch soon?

Nothing specific that I've seen.

On 01/11/2017 at 8:13 PM, ZooMalfunction said:

I think I'm done with the game unless it gets patched now. This shit sucks worse than the roof glitchers.

Playing as Jason is now a thankless chore. You feel like you're swimming upstream the entire match just to be entertainment for some dancing douchebags.

Playing as a counselor is boring as it requires very little skill, seeing as all the parts are always located and in play, and Jason is a joke, so people simply resort to trolling Jason to get their kicks.

When the previously wonderful core mechanics have been damaged so badly, your goodwill towards all the other bullshit that hasn't been fixed in months starts to evaporate - the shitty matchmaking and endless disconnects. The host quitters. The awful hit detection. Shit like the sweater randomly not working. Jason falling through the map at the start of the match...

I feel like I've been beta testing this game for free for months, and it's insulting.

When you've made a Friday the 13th game, but nobody's scared of Jason, then you've seriously fucked up. When you've made a Friday the 13th game and nobody wants to even play as Jason, you know you've fucked up even worse.

The worst thing is that he used to be terrifying, and everyone loved playing as him. You managed to turn gold into shit.

I couldn't agree with anymore than I do!!! Exactly how I'm feeling right now....... Honestly :(

5 hours ago, Jawbone said:

Have you played since the sale at all? You can't leave the keys near the cars anymore because randoms pick them up and bring them all the way across the map until they die. If we didn't have objective markers it would be guaranteed secured kills for Jason. Reducing the damage new players can do is good and leads to a better overall experience.

Again, I've very seldom had that happen in all the time I've played this game. I'm not sure what sale you're talking about; physical release? If that's what you meant, then yes; I've played a lot since then. No change. I've left the keys by the car every time I've had the chance to and they're either still there when I get back, or other players have taken the car and escaped. If somebody dies in the woods with an objective item and we can't find it? Too bad. It makes everything feel hopeless while playing as a counselor. It adds to the HORROR aspect of this game. You know.... since this game is a survival HORROR game. At least, it should be. Every game is the same now. There's no thrill in escaping anymore because it's WAY TOO EASY. Before this patch, I rarely escaped because the game was challenging and fun. This game has joined every other modern game and holds your hand every step of the way. Boring. Plain. Bland. Dull. If this game were a knife, it would be Fisher-Price; that's how dull this game is now. Stupid analogy, yes; but all too true.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jawbone said:

Gotta fall back to fun being a lottery so we can see the game go back down to pre-sale numbers. We could just make it so we sit in a lobby endlessly and when everyone readies up it just gives 1 of the 8 the 3k xp they would get from playing Jason and we would get the same end result of people just leaving.

My, aren't you petty? Because his previous grab just made him instantly kill people across the map, he BASICALLY just started off with 3k xp, right? 

That was sarcasm, in case you couldn't tell. I personally think his new grab is fine, but the trap nerf matched with objects appearing on the map just makes it far too easy to escape now.

If I find the fuse, all I need to do now is tank the trap at the phone box and drop the fuse there. I've done this 4-5 times since the update and, by the time I've lured Jason away, someone's calling the cops. 

If you somehow have SO much trouble with randoms, (I've been playing since launch and the only trouble I've had is with Jason teaming.) why don't you find private matches with higher level players? 

8 hours ago, TestedTwice said:

Again, I've very seldom had that happen in all the time I've played this game. I'm not sure what sale you're talking about; physical release? If that's what you meant, then yes; I've played a lot since then. No change. I've left the keys by the car every time I've had the chance to and they're either still there when I get back, or other players have taken the car and escaped. If somebody dies in the woods with an objective item and we can't find it? Too bad. It makes everything feel hopeless while playing as a counselor. It adds to the HORROR aspect of this game. You know.... since this game is a survival HORROR game. At least, it should be. Every game is the same now. There's no thrill in escaping anymore because it's WAY TOO EASY. Before this patch, I rarely escaped because the game was challenging and fun. This game has joined every other modern game and holds your hand every step of the way. Boring. Plain. Bland. Dull. If this game were a knife, it would be Fisher-Price; that's how dull this game is now. Stupid analogy, yes; but all too true.

No, I am talking about the 50% off sale that just happened like a week back during the double xp event. Sorry but being trolled in this game doesn't add to the nonexistent horror in anyway. The game must have been super scary for you during the TK days when people would just try to kill each other when the actual killer took a back seat. It couldn't be the massive influx of new players during the sale that made it easy to escape could it? No it must be the singular QOL change that and nothing else. Since the change I have only let one single person escape but clearly he should have been mine for no other reason than I deserve it.

5 hours ago, Alcanx said:

My, aren't you petty? Because his previous grab just made him instantly kill people across the map, he BASICALLY just started off with 3k xp, right? 

That was sarcasm, in case you couldn't tell. I personally think his new grab is fine, but the trap nerf matched with objects appearing on the map just makes it far too easy to escape now.

If I find the fuse, all I need to do now is tank the trap at the phone box and drop the fuse there. I've done this 4-5 times since the update and, by the time I've lured Jason away, someone's calling the cops. 

If you somehow have SO much trouble with randoms, (I've been playing since launch and the only trouble I've had is with Jason teaming.) why don't you find private matches with higher level players? 

Calling me petty because its the truth? I love how you bring up the grab when the greatest threat pre-patch and even now is your teammates which you even admit. Yes traps were only nerfed and not buffed in anyway so we should go back to luck affecting them.

So how would your scenario be any different pre-patch other than telling someone where it was at? Would the Jason somehow not be stupid and re-trap the phone box or not commit to the chase since it was pre-patch? Your scenario works in both instances only now the mic/language barrier is removed which is somehow the end of the world.

I shouldn't have to create a private group to fix massive flaws in gameplay mechanics which the devs agree with as well.

59 minutes ago, Jawbone said:

Calling me petty because its the truth? I love how you bring up the grab when the greatest threat pre-patch and even now is your teammates which you even admit. Yes traps were only nerfed and not buffed in anyway so we should go back to luck affecting them.

So how would your scenario be any different pre-patch other than telling someone where it was at? Would the Jason somehow not be stupid and re-trap the phone box or not commit to the chase since it was pre-patch? Your scenario works in both instances only now the mic/language barrier is removed which is somehow the end of the world.

I shouldn't have to create a private group to fix massive flaws in gameplay mechanics which the devs agree with as well.

First of all, after the patch you can no longer double-trap objectives. Yes, you can try, but the second trap will never be triggered. And Jason's do re-trap the phone box, in which case all you need to do is tank it again once he leaves. Double-trapping was the only way to make traps not suck, they're severely underpowered, now more so than ever. 

With one trap per objective, if you have a pocketknife and a high repair character, it's basically game over. Objects showing up on the maps immediately after they've been discovered is pretty dumb. Previously, you needed a radio and communication, now you just need eyeballs and at least 1 brain cell. It makes things far too easy both early and end game.

But hey, if you like having your hand held it's fine. I'd personally change it so that they only show up after Jason enters rage, or if you have a certain park, or if you're the last character left in a 'last girl' kinda situation. 

And no, I didn't call you petty because you speak the 'truth' (nice assumption there), I called you petty because of how you conduct yourself.

Stating that the game would be basically ruined if the devs conformed to anything other than your personal ideals is petty. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Alcanx said:

First of all, after the patch you can no longer double-trap objectives. Yes, you can try, but the second trap will never be triggered. And Jason's do re-trap the phone box, in which case all you need to do is tank it again once he leaves. Double-trapping was the only way to make traps not suck, they're severely underpowered. 

And no, I didn't call you petty because you speak the 'truth' (nice assumption there), I called you petty because of how you conduct yourself.

Stating that the game would be basically ruined if the devs conformed to anything other than your personal ideals is petty.

Double-trapping is still possible just a pain in the ass and why does double trapping matter if you can just come back and retrap? Traps now after the patch always cripple regardless of luck when before anyone over 6 wouldn't be crippled.

6 minutes ago, Alcanx said:

So now you understand how much of a hypocrite you are being right or was the irony too THICC for you?

10 minutes ago, Jawbone said:

Why does double trapping matter if you can just come back and retrap? Traps now after the patch always cripple regardless of luck when before anyone over 6 wouldn't be crippled.

So now you understand how much of a hypocrite you are being right or was the irony too THICC for you?

1) Traps crippling doesn't matter if you have a health spay. Which you most likely will since they're not all that rare. Re-trapping wont work if Debora/LaChappa/anyone that's good at skill checks finds a pocket knife and someone dropped the fuse. By the time you figure out the traps gone the police are already ariving. 

2) Yeah, because stating and explaining my opinion in a civil matter is equal to me going around saying we should just hand out xp instead of actually playing because, oh no, other people are totally going to ruin this game!

• Like 3

On 11/3/2017 at 0:39 PM, Mr. Blonde said:

You literally have no clue how game longevity and player base building works. You can NEVER balance a game towards a random group of players in QP. To cater to those group of players and mass casuals, you make easier separate modes, or different game modes that do not affect the actual meat, potatoes, and bulk of the game. Also you can NEVER keep the casual player base no matter how much you try. Casual players come and go, they inevitably move on to the next shiny toy and new game and leave old games in the dust. This is why trying to balance a game mainly for casuals is a complete fail and causes games to completely die in a year due to the masses of casuals moving on. And then what? Oh, you're stuck with all those loyal and hardcore players that play your game everyday for years but then end up leaving one by one as well because the game is shallow, no actual legit improvements have been made for experienced players that invest their time into it, and there's better games in the competition being made that cater to pure gameplay and satisfying people who want to invest their time into a very rewarding and deep experience.

Do you know why games like DotA, Leage of Legends, Counter Strike, etc. etc. are the most POPULAR and SUCCESSFUL multiplayer games for the past decade straight? Because the developers cater to how good the game is at a higher level once the player gets GOOD and reaches that level through more experience in the game. Those games are ALL balanced through what is powerful or weak at HIGHER LEVELS, they do NOT balance on random pubs matches that have too many variables that can NEVER be properly balanced. They also all have easier & more casual friendly modes to appease to those newer players that try the game and give it a go. So unless you plan to convince Gunmedia to take the constant production route, where they pump a new game every year or two like how some huge game production titles are successful through (Super Mario, Call of Duty, etc.) to keep the casuals coming back, you are literally going to regret this in a couple of years when there's not much casuals left playing because they all moved on to new games and all the hardcore players have moved on to bigger and better video games worth their time.

And good thing you're not a developer, because even if your game did end up selling well, it would still completely drop and die quickly with your patch practice of "appeasing" the temporary casuals and ignoring the hardcore fan base that lives and breathes hours into your game.

I'm gonna jump through and address a few of your points.

-"random group of players in QP". I don't think you can call the majority of the playerbase a "random group" and "mass casuals". Like it or not, the game will be balanced towards the majority, because without the majority the game dies.

-"very rewarding and deep experience"...If you want a rewarding and deep experience, I don't think a Friday the 13th Game is the way to go, buddy (and if it was the way the devs wanted to take it, I don't think the massively Jason sided experience you've been pushing for is they way they would want it)

-"popular game balancing". Granted, those games tend to balance for the higher levels, but they can afford it. Counter Strike: Global Offensive has about 600 thousand people playing right now, compared to F13's three thousand; for every less skilled player in CS:GO that quits because of the balance, there are thousands more to take their place. Like I said before: with the game's current playerbase, Gun has no choice but to cater to the majority.

-And you finish off with an Ad Hominem attack; bad form.

I think I'm gonna stop looking at this thread, it's starting to drive me insane.

5 minutes ago, Alcanx said:

1) Traps crippling doesn't matter if you have a health spay. Which you most likely will since they're not all that rare. Re-trapping wont work if Debora/LaChappa/anyone that's good at skill checks finds a pocket knife and someone dropped the fuse. By the time you figure out the traps gone the police are already ariving. 

2) Yeah, because stating and explaining my opinion in a civil matter is equal to me going around saying we should just hand out xp instead of actually playing because, oh no, other people are totally going to ruin this game!

1. So what would it matter if you could easily double trap since you could just as easily medspray them or not even need it in chad's case. Instead of non-stop tunneling people you should check your map to see if any traps are being sprung since even pocket knives can't circumvent that.

2. https://steamspy.com/app/438740

Click on CCU daily and you will see even as far back as the free Jason and Map the game was on a downwards trend until the patch and the sale where it is holding steady closest to its highest peak player count. The changes to counselors are here to stay since fun is no longer a lottery. Facts not opinions.

I have faith the developers will fix and improve Jason and make him just as good as the counselors, if not better. I'm not sure how many players will be playing this game after the holidays and Christmas are well over, but I hope they do changes that are good for the future of this game and not anything impulsive with the influx of the new drama.

A lot of my regular buds who I used to play with a ton quit playing on PC due to linear gameplay as Jason and the path that the most recent patches have been heading towards. I really hope the next patch surprises us all and brings many of them back.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jawbone said:

1. So what would it matter if you could easily double trap since you could just as easily medspray them or not even need it in chad's case. Instead of non-stop tunneling people you should check your map to see if any traps are being sprung since even pocket knives can't circumvent that.

2. https://steamspy.com/app/438740

Click on CCU daily and you will see even as far back as the free Jason and Map the game was on a downwards trend until the patch and the sale where it is holding steady closest to its highest peak player count. The changes to counselors are here to stay since fun is no longer a lottery. Facts not opinions.

1) I'm a councilor main, but I have no problems sweeping a lobby as Jason. I've been playing since the release however, so I don't expect other people to be as good as me, especially if they're playing from the sale. And double trapping made it impossible to tank the traps, since you'd get caught in the other and die, it prevented people from simply hoarding spray and clearing your objectives, as they had to use a pocketknife first. 

2) Thats's completely unrelated to my second point? However, that spike would likely be from the sale, not the patch. There's no way to be certain, of course, but I'm pretty sure more people would play for $20 less rather than because objects appear on the maps now. 

Yes, it is your opinion that 'fun is no longer a lottery'. As I said, I'm a councillor main and have been since launch, I had pleanty of fun as both Jason and councillor pre-patch, it didn't seem like a lottey to me. 

1 minute ago, Alcanx said:

1) I'm a councilor main, but I have no problems sweeping Jason. I've been playing since the release however, so I don't expect other people to be as good as me, especially if they're playing from the sale. And double trapping made it impossible to tank the traps, since you'd get caught in the other and die, it prevented people from simply hoarding spray and clearing your objectives, as they had to use a pocketknife first. 

2) Thats's completely unrelated to my second point? However, that spike would likely be from the sale, not the patch. There's no way to be certain of course but I'm pretty sure more people would play for $20 less rather than because objects appear on the maps now. 

1.Again trap damage used to work off luck and 6 allowed you to tank two traps without dying. Not only that but you should know since you played since the beginning that you can control which direction you trigger traps in and completely avoid the second trap. Either way both situations are incredibly easy to deal with if you know how to play.

2.It was related. Pre-patch even with a "large" content drop people left almost immediately because it wasn't fun to waste time getting nothing done because of 1-2 people who might or might not be intentionally trolling you. Now even after the sale people are staying around when they weren't before.

18 minutes ago, Jawbone said:

1.Again trap damage used to work off luck and 6 allowed you to tank two traps without dying. Not only that but you should know since you played since the beginning that you can control which direction you trigger traps in and completely avoid the second trap. Either way both situations are incredibly easy to deal with if you know how to play.

2.It was related. Pre-patch even with a "large" content drop people left almost immediately because it wasn't fun to waste time getting nothing done because of 1-2 people who might or might not be intentionally trolling you. Now even after the sale people are staying around when they weren't before.

1) No, you couldn't. Not if it was double-trapped properly. That's the whole reason the devs did the trap nerf in the first place. 

2) Of all the time I've played my only problem has been with Jason teamers, I've never had a problem with people hiding parts since there is both multiple objectives and, in most cases, multiple sets of keys. If the game is only fun now because you can see where all the objective parts are within the first 3 minutes of the game then you probably aren't that good at the game. 

The popularity spike is because of both the double xp weekend and the sale, that's why numbers have shot up to initial-release numbers, because they're practically the same only now it's cheaper.  The people that bought the game in the sale probably have little idea of the patch or what it changed, since they haven't been playing long enough. The reason people stick around more now is again, due to the sale, people are new, of course they're going to stick around. For now, at least. 

1 hour ago, Alcanx said:

1) No, you couldn't. Not if it was double-trapped properly. That's the whole reason the devs did the trap nerf in the first place. 

2) Of all the time I've played my only problem has been with Jason teamers, I've never had a problem with people hiding parts since there is both multiple objectives and, in most cases, multiple sets of keys. If the game is only fun now because you can see where all the objective parts are within the first 3 minutes of the game then you probably aren't that good at the game. 

The popularity spike is because of both the double xp weekend and the sale, that's why numbers have shot up to initial-release numbers, because they're practically the same only now it's cheaper.  The people that bought the game in the sale probably have little idea of the patch or what it changed, since they haven't been playing long enough. The reason people stick around more now is again, due to the sale, people are new, of course they're going to stick around. For now, at least. 

1. Yes you could.

Skip the the 10 minute mark if you want to see it in action but otherwise watch the entire video because you clearly need some info on traps even if some of it is outdated now.

2.Cool clearly your anecdotal evidence outweighs everyone else's even though the devs made the change anyway. Still plenty of ways to troll with key items that I have seen including dropping them in second story locked rooms.

So the content drop and 2x xp around the 13th that had 3k players and dropped immediately after is completely gone or are they coming back for the new patch and 2xp or is it completely new players? Its clearly a mix of both and its holding people's attention now. QOL changes are going to be continually made and there isn't much anyone can do to stop them.

23 minutes ago, Jawbone said:

1. Yes you could.

Skip the the 10 minute mark if you want to see it in action but otherwise watch the entire video because you clearly need some info on traps even if some of it is outdated now.

2.Cool clearly your anecdotal evidence outweighs everyone else's even though the devs made the change anyway. Still plenty of ways to troll with key items that I have seen including dropping them in second story locked rooms.

So the content drop and 2x xp around the 13th that had 3k players and dropped immediately after is completely gone or are they coming back for the new patch and 2xp or is it completely new players? Its clearly a mix of both and its holding people's attention now. QOL changes are going to be continually made and there isn't much anyone can do to stop them.

1) Like I said, you couldn't do it if it was done PROPERLY. Those traps were one infront of the other, allowing you to go side on and dodge one. Proper double trapping would be slightly to the side or side-by-side. So when you triggered one, proximity to the cabin wall would push you into the other, and you'd be unable to trigger just one by going side-on. 

2) "Cool clearly your anecdotal evidence outweighs everyone else's" 

I could say the same to you. 

Not really sure what you're trying to prove with that last part, but I've never seen anyone lock objective items behind doors, and how exactly does seeing items on the map prevent that? You could do that both pre and post patch.

2 minutes ago, Alcanx said:

1) Like I said, you couldn't do it if it was done PROPERLY. Those traps were one infront of the other, allowing you to go side on and dodge one. Proper double trapping would be slightly to the side or side-by-side. So when you triggered one, proximity to the cabin wall would push you into the other, and you'd be unable to trigger just one by going side-on. 

2) "Cool clearly your anecdotal evidence outweighs everyone else's" 

I could say the same to you. 

Not really sure what you're trying to prove with that last part, but I've never seen anyone lock objective items behind doors, and how exactly does seeing items on the map prevent that? You could do that both pre and post patch

1. Again you can. The only way you couldn't dodge a trap is if it glitched out and let you put it directly on top of a another trap.

2. You could try but you would be wrong since a change was made so there must've been a need for it.

The whole point is that QOL changes are going to continue to be made. The doors will either be removed or be made so that counselors can open locked doors and I'm sure that the same nonsensical shitstorm will follow just like it followed this patch. I have no problem with Jason being buffed in meaningful ways but trying to make changes for the elite few instead of the majority is silly.

1 minute ago, Jawbone said:

2. You could try but you would be wrong since a change was made so there must've been a need for it.

Ok, sure, clearly your anecdotal evidence outweighs everyone else's.

And no, I'm not wrong. They changed windows so that Jason needed a button prompt to smash them. Then they reverted it because, shocker, people didn't like it. 

14 minutes ago, Alcanx said:

Ok, sure, clearly your anecdotal evidence outweighs everyone else's.

And no, I'm not wrong. They changed windows so that Jason needed a button prompt to smash them. Then they reverted it because, shocker, people didn't like it. 

The change is still there ironically enough but I know you just skimmed over that fact and what they did is not surprisingly a QOL change.

9 minutes ago, Jawbone said:

The change is still there ironically enough but I know you just skimmed over that fact and what they did is not surprisingly a QOL change.

Yes, but they nerfed it greatly and also re-added the option to slash windows. Stop acting like changes are permanent when they can easily be changed/altered again in the future.

And stop telling me what I do and don't know. I know you're used to the reddit circlejerk of people agreeing with you 100% or getting downvoted into oblivion, but that's not how you go about a debate.