Jump to content
Alien_Number_Six

We need the new update. We need it quick.

Recommended Posts

20 pages in and all we've heard from the Devs about their colossal fuck-up is that they're aware that Jason has "balance" issues. I'm glad they finally got around to giving us something that could even remotely be called feedback (and it only took nearly a fucking month for them to do it), but I guarantee that whatever asinine solutions they come up with won't include fixing traps or grabs, despite these being literally the absolute biggest and most blatant complaints from the players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

20 pages in and all we've heard from the Devs about their colossal fuck-up is that they're aware that Jason has "balance" issues. I'm glad they finally got around to giving us something that could even remotely be called feedback (and it only took nearly a fucking month for them to do it), but I guarantee that whatever asinine solutions they come up with won't include fixing traps or grabs, despite these being literally the absolute biggest and most blatant complaints from the players.

They’ve confirmed more is coming imminently than a lot of us expected, myself included.  I think they deserve some slack on anything they couldn’t get to yet.  Single player with difficulty sliders and letting you gain xp/cp is huge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, TimmyJarvis said:

They’ve confirmed more is coming imminently than a lot of us expected, myself included.  I think they deserve some slack on anything they couldn’t get to yet.  Single player with difficulty sliders and letting you gain xp/cp is huge.

Oh is that the same SP that we were supposed to get almost 6 months ago?

Theres little point in adding new content when the content we already have barely works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/12/2017 at 11:33 PM, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I guarantee that whatever asinine solutions they come up with won't include fixing traps or grabs, despite these being literally the absolute biggest and most blatant complaints from the players

Traps are already fixed via new method which allows double-trapping again. Anyone who hasn't adapted to the new grab range by now should probably spend less time posting and more time playing. Grab has its issues but the range disadvantage is mitigated by better strategy. There are more important things to fix for Jason eg. combat stance bug (delay on attack after block) and invisible window barriers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Oh is that the same SP that we were supposed to get almost 6 months ago?

Theres little point in adding new content when the content we already have barely works.

Yeah, it is the same content and until Friday I was with you in being very annoyed by it’s delays.  But now it’s coming, and they confirmed both difficult sliders and xp/cp accrues while playing it.  That is more than I was expecting to be honest, and I also bet it will help with the same issues dedicated servers will help with because people have less incentive to wait in lobbies and quit when they’re not jason.

All in all they’ve earned some trust back and a little reprieve from the hyperbole.  If this game was 1/2 as broken as some suggest then no one would be bothering to post here.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TimmyJarvis said:

Yeah, it is the same content and until Friday I was with you in being very annoyed by it’s delays.  But now it’s coming, and they confirmed both difficult sliders and xp/cp accrues while playing it.  That is more than I was expecting to be honest, and I also bet it will help with the same issues dedicated servers will help with because people have less incentive to wait in lobbies and quit when they’re not jason.

All in all they’ve earned some trust back and a little reprieve from the hyperbole.  If this game was 1/2 as broken as some suggest then no one would be bothering to post here.  

Wait...  Xp/CP accrues for offline bots?  Where did I miss this?  If that is true then that is awesome.  No need for multi player.  Or am I misunderstanding?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2017 at 1:04 PM, Maddogg_8121 said:

Wait...  Xp/CP accrues for offline bots?  Where did I miss this?  If that is true then that is awesome.  No need for multi player.  Or am I misunderstanding?

Here you go enjoy!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Here you go enjoy!!!

8F4E4AA8-C36B-4402-8375-334BC2B807C0.jpeg

Thanks.   What does that mean though if you are connected to servers?  I thought you had to choose offline mode to access bots, so how will you choose to connect to server as well?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Thanks.   What does that mean though if you are connected to servers?  I thought you had to choose offline mode to access bots, so how will you choose to connect to server as well?  

Not sure. This info was in the about  Friday the 13th  the game news section.

under update/ content and holiday event news  12/18/17 by @ShiftySamurai I will have to check it out and see if he has answered any more questions.

a lot of good info in that post!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Thanks.   What does that mean though if you are connected to servers?  I thought you had to choose offline mode to access bots, so how will you choose to connect to server as well?  

I think it just means that you need to be connected (as in, connected to the server through your system/platform), but you then select off-line.  Like, I can't play it offline without an internet connection and earn CP.  That's at least how I'm interpreting it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Thanks.   What does that mean though if you are connected to servers?  I thought you had to choose offline mode to access bots, so how will you choose to connect to server as well?  

What that means is that in order to earn CP credit you will need to have internet access thus the connecting to servers. All of your profile data such as level, current CP ect is stored on the backend of the servers, so in order to receive CP your device will have to have a means to communicate with the servers. At least that's how it sounds.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, guys.  So basically you just fire the game up like normal then select offline instead.  It will still give you the connected message I assuming.   Sounds easy.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-12-16 at 7:35 PM, TimmyJarvis said:

They’ve confirmed more is coming imminently than a lot of us expected, myself included.  I think they deserve some slack on anything they couldn’t get to yet.  Single player with difficulty sliders and letting you gain xp/cp is huge.

I find single player hugely uninteresting.

I would like them to fix multiplayer instead. I hope there is mer into the patch today/tomorrow then they said before - or it will be a dissapointment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jason needs a buff. Everyone knows that. Why aren't we getting one? With Uber Jason on the horizon and the item increase turning Councilors into ass kicking machines will we see the Jason buff? Or will Uber Jason be a high tech piñata?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...