Alien_Number_Six

We need the new update. We need it quick.

29 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

"A defeated standpoint"... ?? you're delusional, but I'll spell it out for you anyway.

The game was based on the films and was so well balanced in beta and at launch, they successfully simulated the concept of most of the "characters" dying with a very small few surviving. An absolute, bonified trope of the slasher film itself. "The Warriors" vs Jason didn't happen in any of the films. The balance issues pertaining to a weaker killer have diluted the F13 and slasher film conventions of which it was based. It has lost much of the atmosphere that it had captured originally.

Rofl. So well balanced in beta that they had to give Jason three new abilities for launch on top of reworking the phone escape and completely changing how firecrackers and flare guns worked. Most people who died in the films usually have no idea they are about to be killed. In this case everyone knows whats happening and can react accordingly. The grab nerf and item marking have little impact on the overall balance of the game. Seven organized people could easily beat Jason before and after the patch but now that randoms are brought closer to that kind of cooperation people are blaming things that won't fix it. Atmosphere in a game where all the escapes are nonsensically disabled for no reason and there is some kind of mysterious force stopping people from just leaving. ok.

14 minutes ago, Jawbone said:

Rofl. So well balanced in beta that they had to give Jason three new abilities for launch on top of reworking the phone escape and completely changing how firecrackers and flare guns worked. Most people who died in the films usually have no idea they are about to be killed. In this case everyone knows whats happening and can react accordingly. The grab nerf and item marking have little impact on the overall balance of the game. Seven organized people could easily beat Jason before and after the patch but now that randoms are brought closer to that kind of cooperation people are blaming things that won't fix it. Atmosphere in a game where all the escapes are nonsensically disabled for no reason and there is some kind of mysterious force stopping people from just leaving. ok.

There's no point in continuing this debate as you think you're right and I think I'm right. :) I'm gonna leave this conversation for the benefit of the thread before it descends into a game of to and fro, and leave you to debate till your heart's content in the many other threads you debate in across the forum. :);)

7 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

lol...people who say Jason's grab is fine but double trapping needs to be allowed...

Ridiculous.

The problem with the grab was always a latency one. Now that the range and cone have been reduced, and the latency issues are still there (actually worse than before), we end up with this ridiculously broken grab.

And don't try to sell "his grab is fine now". We've seen more than enough good, veteran Jason players whiff grabs that by all means should be successful. You're only showing your lack of knowledge about the game if you think the current grab is ok in any way.

I don' sse sanything funny about that, though? Trying to discredit my arguments by using "lol" and making me seem inferior is a cheap tactic that shows you'e nnt ss cconfident in what you'e ssying. By saying that that expert Jason players have missed a grab, you are basically, again, just like the other guy, proving my point. By saying that you are saying "Good Jason players should always need to land their grab otherwise it's broken!" 

Which, of course, brings back the argument that Jason players want it easy and only way a grab that can land 100% of the time from far away. 

2 hours ago, dmack621 said:

But you weren't willing to "git gud" as a counselor, right? I had no issues with escaping a reasonable number of times before the patch. 

This whole nonsense of "the force" is an excuse. Never been grabbed by Jason with "the force" and neither has anyone I've played with. 

Now that it's hard for both? Hahahahahahahahaha. You actually believe that, or you are so horrible at playing a counselor that even WITH the nerfs, you still actually have a tough time. Escape as a counselor is pretty much a given now.

Fair, huh? 7 vs 1. Teamwork, use it. It isn't supposed to be "balanced" to give you better 1 v 1 odds. The game requires teamwork. If you don't want to be on a team, then you die. That's as simple as it gets.

When escape rate becomes nearly 100% of the time, there is a problem and it is not fun or challenging to play a counselor. 

The game has been tipped in the favor of counselors to accommodate bad players. That's all this is. Now good players have no fun because there is no challenge.

All because the people spouting off about "git gud" refused to "git gud" as a counselor.

Yes, nobody does. Of course, everybody on this thread is an expert counselor who is god tier. 

There have literally been tests done about  this... Actual video proof of his force grab... Are you sure you've played this game? 

The game IS balanced, though. It's not about a better 1v1 odds. This whole "coordinate and it's impossible for Jason to win!" is a stupid argument because it's not going to happen. Most games, you are with randoms who don't have a mic. This has made it easier for those type of people who survive. In order to use that argument, you would have to encounter amazing lobbies full of players with mics at least about 60% of the time. That, of course, doesn't happen. 

Escape rate is almost 100% of the time? Proof? 

Oh no it's not that good players can't have fun, it's that Jason players should learn to have fun without the easiness that was here before. 

All because Jasons just refuse to "git gud" with his new grab. This whole thing is very hypocritical of you. Telling counselors to "git gud" when you can't "git gud" as Jason. 

7 hours ago, matisangry said:

i think the grab needs to be fixed, i think the item markers need to go (or be nerfed themselves) and there are obviously a ton of minor issues that need to be looked at, but in all honesty, my biggest issue is with the servers and it's the reason i'm not rushing back right now. 

I agree. I'm down for there to be a middle ground. They shouldn't put it back to how it was but if they want to make the cone a little wider then I wouldn't be completely against it. 

I don't agree on the markers, though. Those are needed because counselors used to take items and throw them somewhere in the forest. Or they would escape with the items, rendering it unusable. Now, all those trolls can do is lock themselves in a place with a high window like the kitchen in Packanack and wait there with the item. 

7 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

lol...people who say Jason's grab is fine but double trapping needs to be allowed...

Ridiculous.

The problem with the grab was always a latency one. Now that the range and cone have been reduced, and the latency issues are still there (actually worse than before), we end up with this ridiculously broken grab.

And don't try to sell "his grab is fine now". We've seen more than enough good, veteran Jason players whiff grabs that by all means should be successful. You're only showing your lack of knowledge about the game if you think the current grab is ok in any way.

The one thing that this goes to show you is the development team are listening. They heard everybody bitch about how op Jason was, and what do you know, Jason is nerfed. Now playing Jason is a little harder, and what do you know, people are pissed because Jason is a punk now. Make up your mind people. Bottom line is Jason should be op. You should never be able to team up on Jason and live to tell about it. If anything When somebody knocks Jason down, he should get a temporary rage mode, and be allowed to grab you if you are on top of him. Next thing he should be able to do is grab you through a window if you are in arms reach and hit you with his weapon if you are not all the way through the window. I would love to see these changes implemented in a patch someday, but my god can you hear the complaining now. And by the way, I have no problem getting 8 out of 8 even with the nerf, and I use part 9 Jason who only has 3 traps and cant run. Imagine that.

8 minutes ago, Imayslaylizdaw said:

I don't agree on the markers, though. Those are needed because counselors used to take items and throw them somewhere in the forest. Or they would escape with the items, rendering it unusable. Now, all those trolls can do is lock themselves in a place with a high window like the kitchen in Packanack and wait there with the item. 

All items counselors escape with wash up on shore after they escape. That mechanic has been in the game from day 1 (They just weren't marked on the map). Trolls can still pick up items and do nothing with them, preventing others from using them. Now it's that much easier for them to find key items.

5 hours ago, Jawbone said:

Well fucking color me surprised that he gets his shit knocked around when he is out numbered by a gang of capable people. You are arguing a defeated point from an even more nonsensical stance now.

(I apologize for the long post but some members on this board seem to not grasp the concept that this game was made for the fans of Friday the 13th by fans of Friday the 13th not the amazing fun adventures of gang banging Jason by  character/ counselors tropes of Friday the 13th.. this game like the movies are about Jason Voorhees...and him killing those character tropes. His game play should be fun not stressful, and littered with bugs. Escaping him should feel rewarding which is quite the opposite after the last game balancing.

now to @Jawbone

In Jason X ...JASON is out numbered by several military soldiers and mops the floor with them killing I believe 6 military personnel within a few minutes ( military soldiers are a real “gang of capable people” not your average yuppie counselor )... I would love if the developers could incorporate some sort of way to deal with mobs of counselors similar to that introduction forcing them to break up and regroup.

also you said in a previous post Jason gets “slapped around by women children and panzy men.” 

I recently watched all the movies and compiled a list of all the characters that “slapped” Jason around and how since you seem confused as to how each film portrays the Jason character.

part 2:

Jason kicked in the balls by Ginny ....from a hiding spot.

Ginny hits Jason.... from behind with machete.

part 3:

Jason stabbed in leg by Chris.

Chris hits Jason ....from behind with log.

Chris hits Jason ...from behind with shovel.

Chris rolls Jason out of barn window hanging him temporarily.

Chris hits Jason in the head with axe as he turns around.

part 4:

Trish hits Jasons hand and arm with machete while Jason is grabbing here leg through the stair case.

Trish hits Jason in the neck with claw hammer while he is pulling young Tommy out of a window.

Trish hits Jason with Tv as he is breaking down the down and looking down to unlock it.

Trish hits Jason with machete splitting his hand 

Trish hits Jason in the chest with machete as he his toying with her.

Trish knocks off Jasons mask as he is distracted with jason look alike Young Tommy.

Tommy Hits Jason with machete to the side of his head as he is distracted with Trish de-masking him and then repeatedly as he is down on the ground.

part 5:

Jason is only in this film in hallucinations and dream sequences..just Incase you didn’t know that.

part 6:

Jason is hit on the back of the head with shovel from behind by Tommy’s buddy not even stunning him.

Jason shot 6 Times by mustache police officer.. not even phasing him.

Jason shot by the sheriff with Shotgun 3 Times hand gun 3 Times to the body and once to the head finally stunning him.

Jason tackled from behind kicked and hit with a stick while on the ground and beat on the face with a rock 4 Times.

Jason Neck and face sliced with boat prop by Megan.. while under water.

Part 7:

Tina uses her telekinesis to drown and electrocute Jason with tree roots and power lines.

Tina uses her telekinesis to “throw” a couch at Jason knocking him to the ground.

Tina uses her telekinesis to pull the roof of cabin on top of Jason.

Tina uses her telekinesis to hit Jason in the face with light fixture knocking him through stair case.

Tina uses her Telekinesis to squeeze Jason’s mask and break it in half.

Tina uses her telekinesis to strangle Jason with light wires and drops him to the basement.

Tina uses her telekinesis to hit Jason with several nails.

Tina uses her telekinesis to light Jason on fire blowing up the cabin.

Tina uses her telekinesis to resurrect her dead father who then pulls Jason back down into the lake.

part 8:

I won’t even count Julius punches because it’s obvious Jason could have killed him at any point.

Jason is knocked into the 3rd rail and electrocuted by Sean ...from behind.

Jason shot 6 Times by Junkie and walks them off.

Rennie hits Jason with police car.

Rennie splashes Jason in the face with toxic waste, and escape with Sean as toxic waste melts Jason back into his child form. ( god what a horrible ending.)

part 9:

(Just a side note Jason gets weaker with every host body he inhabits the longer he is with out his real body )

Jason shot by hundreds if not thousands of bullets by FBI and blown up.

Jason in police officer Josh body shot in the head by Diana while attempting to pass his evil soul into her.

Jason in Josh body stabbed from behind and pushed out a window...while distracted by Jason reflection.

Jason in Robert Campbell body is run over twice by Steven.

Steven shoots Jason in Roberts body 7 times and once in the head.

Jason in Roberts body is shot 6 Times by the group in the cafe with a shot gun and a hand gun. And stabbed with an iron poll.  Vicki Joey B and Shelby all die by Jason’s hands( .... hmmm you could almost call that dealing with a group of people.)

Jason in now office Randy’s body has his head nearly cut off by Steven as he is attempting to put his evil soul into the baby’s body.

Steven hits Jason in his new reborn body with a rake.. it does nothing... a shove 3 Times to the face does nothing... it is only after Jessica stabs Jason....from behind in his heart that anything attacks begin to harm Jason.

From this list so far I have not seen anything that remotely resembles Jason getting slapped around by women, children or Panzy men...I do see a lot of surprise attacks from behind or while Jason is Distracted.. or a character who actually does use the force to move objects against Jason.

and as the game plays now...character tropes are able to stun Jason with any weapon, juke him almost indefinitely...(unless you want to be labeled a Try hard when you tunnel vision someone...) use perks that make Jason’s traps almost useless.( I have lost count of how many times I’ve being Jason and objectives i have just trapped are repaired.) unreliable hit detection... grap range nerf ...window invincibly. The game has lost a lot of its fluidity and with the last patch the very point of the game... no longer do we have the Over powered killer from the films that the game got right on release and was almost there again if they rolled back the window mechanic with the Oct 11 patch,

I do hope the developers make a change soon... because the game is just not fun anymore .. on both sides. To easy for counselors and just to irritating for Jason.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

From this list so far I have not seen anything that remotely resembles Jason getting slapped around by women, children...

Well, that might be up for debate. In parts 2, 3 & 4 he was kinda abused mostly by a single teenage girl each time. 

Ben from GunMedia made a comment that he prefers the 1st 4 movies over zombie Jason. Maybe that's why Jason's getting his ass kicked now!

21 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

-snip-

Paul has a slap scuffle with Jason in. Ginny uses a car door to kick Jason down a hill, breaks his ankles worse than Vanessa mains, and gives his some sweet chair music after hitting him with a chainsaw.

In part 3 Jason sings its raining men in his book shower, teaches us some sweet dance movies while fleeing from a knife attack, shows us how to dramatically dive out of the way of a van thats not trying to hit you, shows us how super effective car doors are against him when he gets stuck in the window, complains about getting vag bagged to the ground.

I'm sure there was more that happened but I can't be bothered to go rewatch the movies when you are being so disingenuous with your list already.

34 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

(I apologize for the long post but some members on this board seem to not grasp the concept that this game was made for the fans of Friday the 13th by fans of Friday the 13th not the amazing fun adventures of gang banging Jason by  character/ counselors tropes of Friday the 13th.. this game like the movies are about Jason Voorhees...and him killing those character tropes. His game play should be fun not stressful, and littered with bugs. Escaping him should feel rewarding which is quite the opposite after the last game balancing.

now to @Jawbone

In Jason X ...JASON is out numbered by several military soldiers and mops the floor with them killing I believe 6 military personnel within a few minutes ( military soldiers are a real “gang of capable people” not your average yuppie counselor )... I would love if the developers could incorporate some sort of way to deal with mobs of counselors similar to that introduction forcing them to break up and regroup.

also you said in a previous post Jason gets “slapped around by women children and panzy men.” 

I recently watched all the movies and compiled a list of all the characters that “slapped” Jason around and how since you seem confused as to how each film portrays the Jason character.

part 2:

Jason kicked in the balls by Ginny ....from a hiding spot.

Ginny hits Jason.... from behind with machete.

part 3:

Jason stabbed in leg by Chris.

Chris hits Jason ....from behind with log.

Chris hits Jason ...from behind with shovel.

Chris rolls Jason out of barn window hanging him temporarily.

Chris hits Jason in the head with axe as he turns around.

part 4:

Trish hits Jasons hand and arm with machete while Jason is grabbing here leg through the stair case.

Trish hits Jason in the neck with claw hammer while he is pulling young Tommy out of a window.

Trish hits Jason with Tv as he is breaking down the down and looking down to unlock it.

Trish hits Jason with machete splitting his hand 

Trish hits Jason in the chest with machete as he his toying with her.

Trish knocks off Jasons mask as he is distracted with jason look alike Young Tommy.

Tommy Hits Jason with machete to the side of his head as he is distracted with Trish de-masking him and then repeatedly as he is down on the ground.

part 5:

Jason is only in this film in hallucinations and dream sequences..just Incase you didn’t know that.

part 6:

Jason is hit on the back of the head with shovel from behind by Tommy’s buddy not even stunning him.

Jason shot 6 Times by mustache police officer.. not even phasing him.

Jason shot by the sheriff with Shotgun 3 Times hand gun 3 Times to the body and once to the head finally stunning him.

Jason tackled from behind kicked and hit with a stick while on the ground and beat on the face with a rock 4 Times.

Jason Neck and face sliced with boat prop by Megan.. while under water.

Part 7:

Tina uses her telekinesis to drown and electrocute Jason with tree roots and power lines.

Tina uses her telekinesis to “throw” a couch at Jason knocking him to the ground.

Tina uses her telekinesis to pull the roof of cabin on top of Jason.

Tina uses her telekinesis to hit Jason in the face with light fixture knocking him through stair case.

Tina uses her Telekinesis to squeeze Jason’s mask and break it in half.

Tina uses her telekinesis to strangle Jason with light wires and drops him to the basement.

Tina uses her telekinesis to hit Jason with several nails.

Tina uses her telekinesis to light Jason on fire blowing up the cabin.

Tina uses her telekinesis to resurrect her dead father who then pulls Jason back down into the lake.

part 8:

I won’t even count Julius punches because it’s obvious Jason could have killed him at any point.

Jason is knocked into the 3rd rail and electrocuted by Sean ...from behind.

Jason shot 6 Times by Junkie and walks them off.

Rennie hits Jason with police car.

Rennie splashes Jason in the face with toxic waste, and escape with Sean as toxic waste melts Jason back into his child form. ( god what a horrible ending.)

part 9:

(Just a side note Jason gets weaker with every host body he inhabits the longer he is with out his real body )

Jason shot by hundreds if not thousands of bullets by FBI and blown up.

Jason in police officer Josh body shot in the head by Diana while attempting to pass his evil soul into her.

Jason in Josh body stabbed from behind and pushed out a window...while distracted by Jason reflection.

Jason in Robert Campbell body is run over twice by Steven.

Steven shoots Jason in Roberts body 7 times and once in the head.

Jason in Roberts body is shot 6 Times by the group in the cafe with a shot gun and a hand gun. And stabbed with an iron poll.  Vicki Joey B and Shelby all die by Jason’s hands( .... hmmm you could almost call that dealing with a group of people.)

Jason in now office Randy’s body has his head nearly cut off by Steven as he is attempting to put his evil soul into the baby’s body.

Steven hits Jason in his new reborn body with a rake.. it does nothing... a shove 3 Times to the face does nothing... it is only after Jessica stabs Jason....from behind in his heart that anything attacks begin to harm Jason.

From this list so far I have not seen anything that remotely resembles Jason getting slapped around by women, children or Panzy men...I do see a lot of surprise attacks from behind or while Jason is Distracted.. or a character who actually does use the force to move objects against Jason.

and as the game plays now...character tropes are able to stun Jason with any weapon, juke him almost indefinitely...(unless you want to be labeled a Try hard when you tunnel vision someone...) use perks that make Jason’s traps almost useless.( I have lost count of how many times I’ve being Jason and objectives i have just trapped are repaired.) unreliable hit detection... grap range nerf ...window invincibly. The game has lost a lot of its fluidity and with the last patch the very point of the game... no longer do we have the Over powered killer from the films that the game got right on release and was almost there again if they rolled back the window mechanic with the Oct 11 patch,

I do hope the developers make a change soon... because the game is just not fun anymore .. on both sides. To easy for counselors and just to irritating for Jason.

Here's the thing you guys don't seem to grasp. Yes, this is a game that is for Friday the 13th fans, but it's still a game. Not every Friday the 13th fan loves being Jason. I'm a huge fan but I only like being a counselor. I have never liked being Jason post or pre patch. This game has to be fun for both sides, not just Jason. Also, this game wasn't supposed to be a F13 game in the beginning. It was supposed to be based off of it, so the mechanics aren't 100% based on it. You guys are assuming counselors aren't having fun. I know Jason players aren't having fun, because, as I stated before, he has been nerfed and they are having trouble adapting. Once they get used to it, they'll quit whining. It ALWAYS happens no matter what. Nerf a counselor and they'll cry until they get used to it. Nerf Jason and they do the exact same thing. It's how people are. 

If you want to talk about crap, why don't we talk about Counselor problems too that were a major issue pre-patch and still are. 

Jason can go into combat mode, completely avoiding the door-breaking animation. Jason can block pretty much all stuns and slice the crap out of everyone with his weapon. Jason can now sometimes morph indoors...

These aren't that major, but so aren't your complaints. There are no perks that render Jason's traps useless. The ONLY thing that can make it useless is a pocket knife, which is a fair trade since you've lost your only form of defense from a grab. You're exaggerating way too much about juking indefinitely and I really don't notice in a difference in the stun mechanic. Besides, Jason can literally block and he'd be fine. His hit detection is fine to me too. Anytime I try to face Jason head on, it's almost. Impossible to do so. He can block, then use his ultra fast swing to hit me, then hit me again, causing me to limp. From there, your only option is to try to stun him so you can use your spray or dodge backwards and have enough time to use it. Both are difficult since his weapon will get you in an instant. Window invincibility has always been a thing. I've been playing almost since it's been release and I've ways been invincible as a counselor once I got my leg over the sill. Jason also has invincibility frames in the beginning of the grab animation and while breaking certain items such as cars. 

53 minutes ago, A.J. Mason said:

All items counselors escape with wash up on shore after they escape. That mechanic has been in the game from day 1 (They just weren't marked on the map). Trolls can still pick up items and do nothing with them, preventing others from using them. Now it's that much easier for them to find key items.

Exactly, and what are the chances you're going to find that item? I'm sure nobody is going to spend time going around the shore trying to find it. Sure they can still troll. Trolls will always find a way to troll, but it doesn't mean that you can't put measures in place to try and prevent it. 

Tbh I found it easy getting grab kills as Jason since that update. Shift towards a counsellor and grabbing them was seamless for me, and I suck at playing as Jason most of the time. I also watch people’s game clips on Xbox a lot, and so many of them feature Jason grabbing counsellors with ease. Doesn’t seem to have really affected Xbox players from what I’ve seen 

Obviously my experience isn’t the same for everyone. 

But for those having trouble it might just be muscle memory of sorts. You’re used to playing it one way and now a change has been made and now it feels wrong. Just takes time and practice to get used to. I haven’t had this problem because I rarely play as a jason

i think if they want to fix Jason they should let him move while trying to throw a knife. So many times I’ve ended up with my view completely obscured by a wall when I’m trying to get a counsellor through a window. That’s a fix I think would be great. 

On 11/24/2017 at 5:46 PM, Imayslaylizdaw said:

Here's the thing you guys don't seem to grasp. Yes, this is a game that is for Friday the 13th fans, but it's still a game. Not every Friday the 13th fan loves being Jason. I'm a huge fan but I only like being a counselor. I have never liked being Jason post or pre patch. This game has to be fun for both sides, not just Jason. Also, this game wasn't supposed to be a F13 game in the beginning. It was supposed to be based off of it, so the mechanics aren't 100% based on it. You guys are assuming counselors aren't having fun. I know Jason players aren't having fun, because, as I stated before, he has been nerfed and they are having trouble adapting. Once they get used to it, they'll quit whining. It ALWAYS happens no matter what. Nerf a counselor and they'll cry until they get used to it. Nerf Jason and they do the exact same thing. It's how people are. 

If you want to talk about crap, why don't we talk about Counselor problems too that were a major issue pre-patch and still are. 

Jason can go into combat mode, completely avoiding the door-breaking animation. Jason can block pretty much all stuns and slice the crap out of everyone with his weapon. Jason can now sometimes morph indoors...

These aren't that major, but so aren't your complaints. There are no perks that render Jason's traps useless. The ONLY thing that can make it useless is a pocket knife, which is a fair trade since you've lost your only form of defense from a grab. You're exaggerating way too much about juking indefinitely and I really don't notice in a difference in the stun mechanic. Besides, Jason can literally block and he'd be fine. His hit detection is fine to me too. Anytime I try to face Jason head on, it's almost. Impossible to do so. He can block, then use his ultra fast swing to hit me, then hit me again, causing me to limp. From there, your only option is to try to stun him so you can use your spray or dodge backwards and have enough time to use it. Both are difficult since his weapon will get you in an instant. Window invincibility has always been a thing. I've been playing almost since it's been release and I've ways been invincible as a counselor once I got my leg over the sill. Jason also has invincibility frames in the beginning of the grab animation and while breaking certain items such as cars. 

Not liking to be Jason is your preference it doesn’t mean his gameplay should be stressful or when a mechanic that has been the same since launch is changed to expose faulty melee combat strikes that are needed more now then ever .The game is not fun for counselors either from my point of view escaping is way to easy with perks available now not an assumption it’s called play experience .... I play mostly counselor my preference is Jason.... but getting to play him once in 15 to 20 matches.. people talk about adapting to the changes but practicing with all the glitches that go with his gameplay is incredibly hard  .... but apparently that was impossible for other players that complained out how Over powered Jason was... hence the nerfs. 

This game has planned to be Friday the 13th for the last 2 + years not summer camp, that’s how long i have backed the game for.

who cares that Jason can use combat stance to break a door you have plenty of options to escape him regardless of how he gets in to a cabin.

Jason can block but agains a group that matters little the stun will come from behind or once you release the block and he can’t even swing after a block there is a delay. And his melee hit detection is a god damn joke he swings and clips through counselors with out doing any damage.

my complaints and others are almost game breaking issues..

jason can’t melee strike glitch only morph shift and grab....that happens almost ever game I play as Jason...

He wont grab a Counselor right next to him.... hit detection = terrible... and counselors perks do render his traps useless I do it all the time with medic !!and thick skin!!

You can juke him for nearly the entire match as long as you have regeneration areas to get your stamina back up I do it with Fox and Vanessa.

how have you not noticed the gang ups on Jason and the amount of stuns that happen in that predicament.

I play quite a few private matches but also quick play... and it happens al the time by any counselor any weapon.

On 11/24/2017 at 5:36 PM, Jawbone said:

Paul has a slap scuffle with Jason in. Ginny uses a car door to kick Jason down a hill, breaks his ankles worse than Vanessa mains, and gives his some sweet chair music after hitting him with a chainsaw.

In part 3 Jason sings its raining men in his book shower, teaches us some sweet dance movies while fleeing from a knife attack, shows us how to dramatically dive out of the way of a van thats not trying to hit you, shows us how super effective car doors are against him when he gets stuck in the window, complains about getting vag bagged to the ground.

I'm sure there was more that happened but I can't be bothered to go rewatch the movies when you are being so disingenuous with your list already.is not struck by Paul i part to it is a grab that bring them both to the ground.

Part 2

Jason is not struck by Paul they wrestle each other to the ground.

Ginny car door push doesn’t hurt him at all he stands right back up.

i did miss the sweet chair music my mistake.

part 3

So by your account  jumping out of the way of a vehicle coming at you and dodging a knife attack which is in my list is getting slapped around?

how does his hands rolled up the window equal slapped around also?

sounds like you just can’t see someone else’s point of view even when all the evidence is put in a list in front of you.

we will just agree to disagree.

On 11/24/2017 at 5:10 PM, WashingtonJones said:

Well, that might be up for debate. In parts 2, 3 & 4 he was kinda abused mostly by a single teenage girl each time. 

Ben from GunMedia made a comment that he prefers the 1st 4 movies over zombie Jason. Maybe that's why Jason's getting his ass kicked now!

Does explain a lot ? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Not liking using Jason is your preference it doesn’t mean his gameplay should be stressful or when a mechanic that has been the same since launch is changed to expose faulty melee combat strikes that are needed more now then ever .The game is not fun for counselors either from my point of view escaping is way to easy with the perks available now not an assumption it’s called play experience .... I play mostly counselor my preference is Jason.... but getting to play him once in 15 to 20 matches.. people talk about adapting to the changes but practicing with all the glitches that go with his gameplay is incredibly hard  .... but apparently that was impossible for other players that complained out how Over powered Jason was... hence the nerfs. 

This game has plan to be Friday the 13th for the last 2 + years not summer camp, that’s how long i have backed the game for.

who cares that Jason can use combat stance to break a door you have plenty of options to escape him regardless of how he gets in to a cabin.

Jason can block but agains a group that matters little the stun will come from behind or once you release the block and he can’t even swing after a block there is a delay. And his melee hit detection is a god damn joke he swings and clips through counselors with out doing any damage.

my complaints and others are almost game breaking issues..

jason can’t melee strike glitch only morph shift and grab....that happens almost ever game I play as Jason...

He wont grab a Counselor right next to him.... hit detection = terrible... and counselors perks do render his traps useless I do it all the time with medic !!and thick skin!!

You can juke him for nearly the entire match as long as you have regeneration areas to get your stamina back up I do it with Fox and Vanessa.

how have you not noticed the gang ups on Jason and the amount of stuns that happen in that predicament.

I play quite a few private matches but also quick play... and it happens al the time by any counselor any weapon.

Now you're just repeating what everyone else is saying. You know an argument is dead once everyone keeps saying the same thing over and over and the other side just keeps denying(It's not just you guys doing it, I am too). You mentioned the juking thing again which I say is not true. Thick skin used to be worse... 

Again I fight Jason quite a bit and his hits always land... 

Jason gang ups have always happened. I've had prepatch matches where everyone went to the same cabin and started destroying Jason. 

Jason's hand animation doesn't go to his side. It does a swiping motion in front of him. Therefore having it grab someone behind or next to you wouldn' make sense. 

3 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Part 2

part 3

So by your account  jumping out of the way of a vehicle coming at you and dodging a knife attack which is in my list is getting slapped around?

sounds you just can’t see someone else’s point of view even when all the evidence is put in a list in front of you.

I hereby honour you as a Knight of the British Empire for your noble and factually corrective correspondence on details pertaining to the F13 lore today.

2 hours ago, Imayslaylizdaw said:

Exactly, and what are the chances you're going to find that item? I'm sure nobody is going to spend time going around the shore trying to find it. Sure they can still troll. Trolls will always find a way to troll, but it doesn't mean that you can't put measures in place to try and prevent it. 

I have survived many times by searching the shoreline late in matches and finding key items that led to my escape. Which felt very rewarding. This was before parts showed up on the map. The current system caters to lazy players that don't want to put in the work to survive. Just my opinion. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Imayslaylizdaw said:

Now you're just repeating what everyone else is saying. You know an argument is dead once everyone keeps saying the same thing over and over and the other side just keeps denying(It's not just you guys doing it, I am too). You mentioned the juking thing again which I say is not true. Thick skin used to be worse... 

Again I fight Jason quite a bit and his hits always land... 

Jason gang ups have always happened. I've had prepatch matches where everyone went to the same cabin and started destroying Jason. 

Jason's hand animation doesn't go to his side. It does a swiping motion in front of him. Therefore having it grab someone behind or next to you wouldn' make sense. 

When something is repeated by more than one person usually there is truth to the argument.....it certainly Doesn’t always mean dead argument or that you are right.

I have Juked Jason’s for entire matches...just because you say it’s un true doesn’t mean I haven’t done it ..it means you haven’t.

thick skin may have been worse but at least Jason had a more reliable grab that countered tanking traps not any more.

yes gang ups on Jason have always been possible and at least once again before Jason had a more reliable grab that countered the gang ups better, you were able to grab a counselor more reliably and kill a few to break the group up not any more at least not before you get stunned for the 113 time in the match. Now you melee them hoping to connect and if you do someone with medic heals them before you can take another swing.

How would he be unable to grab someone right next to him!!! That is just ridiculousness !!  if you swing your arm in a grabing motion it would be a 180 degrees and I never said grabing behind you.

by your explanation then the old grabs incomplete animation is justified when he grabbed and slide back into his position 5 foot away.. he doesn’t need the old grab back but some tweak is needed.

finally if you are openly engaging Jason in a fight that should be your last resort... hoping to gain some stamina for another round of juking or kiting Jason

20 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Part 2

part 3

sounds you just can’t see someone else’s point of view even when all the evidence is put in a list in front of you.

scuf·fle
ˈskəfəl/
noun
noun: scuffle; plural noun: scuffles
a short, confused fight or struggle at close quarters.
The entire scuffle it looks like they are trying to slap each other hence slap scuffle.

2.He still get easily knocked around by her.

Part3
1. Does it sound like something an unstoppable serial killer would do?
2. So you don't think it was an extremely silly way for her to stop him?

I can see your viewpoint just fine but your heavy bias tries to ignore the slapstick elements present in all the films.

1 minute ago, Jawbone said:
scuf·fle
ˈskəfəl/
noun
The entire scuffle it looks like they are trying to slap each other hence slap scuffle.

Part3

I can see your viewpoint just fine but your heavy bias tries to ignore the slapstick elements present in all the films.

Forget our conversation earlier today, and the bias you would probably think I would carry with it....seriously. You dissect and pull out every single avenue of a conversation very well (even though that may be based on "hunch" and not always fact at times). An important "hunch" in the realms of probability can light up a roadmap to the answer. If you're not working in an investigative field professionally...you probably should. You'd actually be quite good at it.   

19 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

When something is repeated by more than one person usually there is truth to the argument.....it certainly Doesn’t always mean dead argument or that you are right.

I have Juked Jason’s for entire matches...just because you say it’s un true doesn’t mean I haven’t done it ..it means you haven’t.

thick skin may have been worse but at least Jason had a more reliable grab that countered tanking traps not any more.

yes gang ups on Jason have always been possible and at least once again before Jason had a more reliable grab that countered the gang ups better, you were able to grab a counselor more reliably and kill a few to break the group up not any more at least not before you get stunned for the 113 time in the match. Now you melee them hoping to connect and if you do someone with medic heals them before you can take another swing.

How would he be unable to grab someone right next to him!!! That is just ridiculousness !!  if you swing your arm in a grabing motion it would be a 180 degrees and I never said grabing behind you.

by your explanation then the old grabs incomplete animation is justified when he grabbed and slide back into his position 5 foot away.. he doesn’t need the old grab back but some tweak is needed.

finally if you are openly engaging Jason in a fight that should be your last resort... hoping to gain some stamina for another round of juking or kiting Jason

No, when an argument is used over and over to try to counter a specific argument it shows that someone's getting desperate. 

I'm not at all saying it's untrue. I'm sure you have. The problem is when you generalize and say the majority can do it. If you can do it, then great, you'r a good counselor. Don't generalize, though. 

What does Jason's grab have anything to do with setting off Traps? You can still grab counselors that have set off a trap, therefore, your point is moot. 

I thought you knew a lot about this game but it as maybe you don't based on how you literally just said that you can't swing before someone gets healed. As stated before, Jason's swing is extremely fast. Fast enough to kill you before anyone has a chance to use medspray. If counselors are ganging up, then just block. Even when Jason had his force grabs, a counselor could have easily just smacked Jason if there was a whole gang around. The new grab has nothing to do with it. 

Jason isn't a normal human. As shown by the game, when he grabs he can't come out of the grab animation. Therefore, to grab someone next to him, he has to turn and hope his hand hits them. It would be strange if he could grab you while looking forward and his hand is extended to his left or right. That would look extremely ridiculous. 

What does that animation have to do with anything? I've never once mentioned it nor do I care about it. 

Oh yes, I know. When I run out of stamina I turn and try to fight him. Most times it doesn't work. A few times it does though. You seem to only talk about Jason's supposed bad hit detection, but that's balanced out by the HORRIBLE hit detection counselors have. It's honestly disgusting. 

4 minutes ago, Jawbone said:
scuf·fle
ˈskəfəl/
noun

Part3

1. SLAP scuffle Insinuates they were striking each other in some form ...looks like your opinion of that struggle which is what it is seem misconstrued.

2. Anyone can lose footing or be pushed off balance... even 300 pound football players. 

Part 3

1. I would say it is something a non zombie Jason would do but I didn’t write the script or take part in any of the choreography for the film. I would chalk that up to Jason 2-4 feeling pain and wanting to avoid it when possible if we want to debate story lore. Still doesn’t add up to being slapped around.

2. Once again script... story. Still doesn’t add up to being slapped around.

1 hour ago, Imayslaylizdaw said:

No, when an argument is used over and over to try to counter a specific argument it shows that someone's getting desperate. 

Desperate for what... hope that the developers will make Jason gameplay fun again... I haven’t played In 7 days because the game has no challenge for me In 15 to 20 counselors matches It’s just to easy to escape and I am sure that goes for other players as well the only challenge is dealing with Jason glitch game play.

I'm not at all saying it's untrue. I'm sure you have. The problem is when you generalize and say the majority can do it. If you can do it, then great, you'r a good counselor. Don't generalize, though. 

A lot of players I play with and members on this board can attest to juking / kiting Jason more often because of his horrible hit detection and nerfed grab.

What does Jason's grab have anything to do with setting off Traps? You can still grab counselors that have set off a trap, therefore, your point is moot. 

Let me explain the original grab was more reliable so when you morphed to a trapped objective you could grab the counselor in the trap more reliably now you whiff 2 or 3 grabs while they are pulling there leg out of the trap... if it there is a group you won’t be able to grab them before they heal up. This includes the melee strike yes it’s faster that counselors but doesn’t connect reliably... and you are also right about counselors hit detection it needs adjusted as well.

I thought you knew a lot about this game but it as maybe you don't based on how you literally just said that you can't swing before someone gets healed. As stated before, Jason's swing is extremely fast. Fast enough to kill you before anyone has a chance to use medspray. If counselors are ganging up, then just block. Even when Jason had his force grabs, a counselor could have easily just smacked Jason if there was a whole gang around. The new grab has nothing to do with it. 

See above post.

Jason isn't a normal human. As shown by the game, when he grabs he can't come out of the grab animation. Therefore, to grab someone next to him, he has to turn and hope his hand hits them. It would be strange if he could grab you while looking forward and his hand is extended to his left or right. That would look extremely ridiculous. 

Grabbing a counselor in front of him or right beside him should have a 180 degree cone It needs widened there is no reason Jason should miss a grab that clips through counselors.

What does that animation have to do with anything? I've never once mentioned it nor do I care about it

see above post you had mentioned that “Jason’s hand animation didn’t go to his side” 

Oh yes, I know. When I run out of stamina I turn and try to fight him. Most times it doesn't work. A few times it does though. You seem to only talk about Jason's supposed bad hit detection, but that's balanced out by the HORRIBLE hit detection counselors have. It's honestly disgusting.  

I haven’t had that bad a time with counselors hit detection.. only indoors but that has just been my experience with the game at this point Jason’s hit box is larger than counselors.

both could use tweaks though.

4 hours ago, Imayslaylizdaw said:

. I know Jason players aren't having fun, because, as I stated before, he has been nerfed and they are having trouble adapting. Once they get used to it, they'll quit whining. It ALWAYS happens no matter what. Nerf a counselor and they'll cry until they get used to it. Nerf Jason and they do the exact same thing. It's how people are. 

Except you didn't adapt. You bitched to have the game changed and don't want it to go back to being difficult as a counselor. That's all it is. I never had any trouble as a counselor pre-patch. Because I know what I am doing. I don't need game mechanics changed to make me "feel" as if I am actually accomplishing something as a counselor. You do.

• Like 3