Alien_Number_Six

We need the new update. We need it quick.

3 hours ago, Blackbird68 said:

It seems like without anyone's knowledge they keep putting in more because I've even been in games where I've been hit 6 or 7 times with a pocket knife and that's no exaggeration.

Gun do seem to like their stealth nerfs. 

I've definitely been hit by 6 before on a small map. 

7 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

Apologies, it was actually @Ralph Wiggum777 in a different topic (the $60 slip case one) NOT @Brevator here.

It was a similar post, hence my confusion.

Opinions like that are fine, as is attacking people for wasting their time on a forum, but he shouldn't be a mod with that attitude.

It sets a poor tone, compromises impartiality, and makes you wonder why they're even here in the first place. Staff should be above that shit.

Dude, how are you gonna talk about setting a poor tone, when the board you're talking about is a bunch of guys whining over $20 bucks? The tone was set way before I jumped in and called you guys out for complaining about nothing. My opinion was just that: an opinion, and I don't think it was wrong. Sitting on a message board crying over a twenty when you've had the game for five months longer than anyone that got the physical game for $40 on the retail release day is a literal definition of waste of time. Stop get all snowflake-ish just because someone called you out for something.

And this is really your gameplan? To go to the other mods to try and strip my unpaid title away? :lol: 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Alcanx said:

Gun do seem to like their stealth nerfs. 

I've definitely been hit by 6 before on a small map. 

Has it ever been officially stated the maximum number of Pocket knives on a map? Shit as Chad I tend to find 3. Tommy comes in with on me now so that adds to the total if he gets clipped. 

Pocket knives feel worse in general just because of how inconsistent the grab can be at times. 

33 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

Dude, how are you gonna talk about setting a poor tone, when the board you're talking about is a bunch of guys whining over $20 bucks? The tone was set way before I jumped in and called you guys out for complaining about nothing. My opinion was just that: an opinion, and I don't think it was wrong. Sitting on a message board crying over a twenty when you've had the game for five months longer than anyone that got the physical game for $40 on the retail release day is a literal definition of waste of time. Stop get all snowflake-ish just because someone called you out for something.

And this is really your gameplan? To go to the other mods to try and strip my unpaid title away? :lol: 

@JPops- Exhibit B.

Is this really the tone you want a moderator to be striking?

I've no issue with community members posting stuff like this. They just shouldn't be moderators if they're unable to be impartial and professional, and not shit on the company's backers.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

@jpops - Exhibit B.

Is this really the tone you want a moderator to be striking?

I've no issue with community members posting stuff like this. They just shouldn't be moderators if they're unable to be impartial and professional. 

Gotta say,I'm enjoying the mod heel turn in this thread.

It's like when Hulk Hogan turned his back on the hulkamaniacs,brother.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

Gotta say,I'm enjoying the mod heel turn in this thread.

When people are already pissed of with the company for a slipshod product, having someone who represents them (albiet in a very minor and pathetic manner) shitting on the backers, and mocking them for being upset about where their money went is not a good look.

I post here because I care about the game and the community. I think this dude should be stripped of being a mod not because I've been offended personally by anything, but because a toxic mod pouring flames on the fire directly harms the community by just making the perception of Gun even worse.

It's just bad PR with no upside. Let the guy be a douche on his own time, just without the vague company endorsement.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

When people are already pissed of with the company for a slipshod product, having someone who represents them (albiet in a very minor and pathetic manner) shitting on the backers, and mocking them for being upset about where their money went is not a good look.

I post here because I care about the game and the community. I think this dude should be stripped of being a mod not because I've been offended personally by anything, but because a toxic mod pouring flames on the fire directly harms the community by just making the perception of Gun even worse.

It's just bad PR with no upside. Let the guy be a douche on his own time, just without the vague company endorsement.

@JPops- i hate to even step in this pile of dog shit but i have to agree, when compared to every other mod post I've ever seen on this board, @Ralph Wiggum777's is much more aggressive and flame-ish than anything I've seen from a mod here in the past. mod impartiality and mods being "above the fray" if you will is one thing i really respect about this board.

while i totally agree that there are a lot of childish whiners here, i think once you become a mod you kind of lose the right to be so opinionated and aggressive with your thoughts. isn't mod's part of a mod's job to "keep the peace" so to speak? message boards with mods that flame and aggressively state their opinion always turn toxic and this board doesn't need any help. 

no offense, @Ralph Wiggum777. i don't even disagree with you, i seriously don't... but if you're gonna be a mod you really need to consider dialing it back a bit.

(not that it matters but i deesccalate people for a living, and very difficult people at that. maintaining order with aggression doesn't work.) 

• Like 2

@matisangry - I work in the media, and am just coming at it from a PR perspective.

I disagree with his opinion, but not his right to have it. The issue is just when you represent a company, no matter how slightly or semi-officially, you cannot mock customers, especially regarding money they've paid into the company.

That shit is cancer and reflects really badly on a company if seen to even slightly endorse those views by association.

Especially considering how poor community relations are here at the moment, and how absent the developers are, having one of the sole reps remaining essentially tell the tinder box to go fuck itself is incredibly unprofessional when the developers currently need all the goodwill they can get.

People are entitled to all the douchey views they want. They just need to do it on their own time. I may act like a prick here at times depending on how people view me, but I only represent myself.

I'm dropping out of this and going on my Thanksgiving vacation now. Mat, I hear where you're coming from. Tonality doesn't always carry in a message board. I will say though that I didn't ever sign way my right to an opinion when I agreed to be a mod. I'm the same dude as I was when they asked me to mod back during the Kickstarter campaign. I'm hardly flaming by taking a contrarian view, nor am I out of line for calling out people for ridiculous complaints or made up micro-aggressions. 

And Zoo, I'm not mocking your about the money you spent, I called you out for saying you're owed something when you're not. If you can't tell the difference then clearly any further talks are a waste of my time. I say all of that ONLY REPRESENTING MYSELF. Not a company, not a business, not a forum. Happy Thanksgiving y'all. 

1 hour ago, ZooMalfunction said:

@matisangry - I work in the media, and am just coming at it from a PR perspective.

I disagree with his opinion, but not his right to have it. The issue is just when you represent a company, no matter how slightly or semi-officially, you cannot mock customers, especially regarding money they've paid into the company.

That shit is cancer and reflects really badly on a company if seen to even slightly endorse those views by association.

Especially considering how poor community relations are here at the moment, and how absent the developers are, having one of the sole reps remaining essentially tell the tinder box to go fuck itself is incredibly unprofessional when the developers currently need all the goodwill they can get.

People are entitled to all the douchey views they want. They just need to do it on their own time. I may act like a prick here at times depending on how people view me, but I only represent myself.

pretty much my sentiment. maybe "impartiality" was a bad choice is words. mods should be able to voice their opinion, but should be taking, let's say, a more measured tone. as a mod, i think you give up the right to get in to pissing matches with people. disagree, certainly, but you kinda lose the ability to tear people a new one. 

Well a couple things

1) Mods are here on a volunteer basis and are not affiliated with gun media or illfonic. Most forums in gaming communities are moderated by volunteers so their opinions are solely their own and do not reflect the opinions of Gun Media or illfonic. 

2) Keep in mind there are people behind every name in this forum and they will react to things and respond to things in their own way. I did not necessarily see anything over the top. He had an opinion on something that was seemingly unpopular with a few of you and to reiterate the first point made not everyone is a PR rep they are volunteers to help moderate the content on the forums. At this point in the conversation I think we should just stop the conversation and get back to the topic. Which of course is not the subject matter of mods opinions on a subject.  

totally hear ya, man. i think @JPopsis a great example of what a mod should try to be. not trying to kiss anyone's ass but in my years of message boarding, he's one of the best mods I've come across. he doesn't get dragged in to the shit and always expressing himself in a way that all but assures the conversation won't turn in to pointless arguing. and by doing that, he's not giving anyone any ammo to use against his decision making. have a good thanksgiving, sir! 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, JPops said:

I think we should just stop the conversation and get back to the topic.

3 hours ago, thatdudescott said:

Has anyone from Gun or Illfonic acknowledged the backlash of the recent update?

^ This.

3 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

a bunch of guys whining over $20 bucks? 

Sitting on a message board crying over a twenty when you've had the game for five months longer than anyone that got the physical game for $40 on the retail release day is a literal definition of waste of time.

20? I remember paying 40 for my digital copy...

9 minutes ago, matisangry said:

totally hear ya, man. i think @JPopsis a great example of what a mod should try to be. not trying to kiss anyone's ass but in my years of message boarding, he's one of the best mods I've come across. he doesn't get dragged in to the shit and always expressing himself in a way that all but assures the conversation won't turn in to pointless arguing. and by doing that, he's not giving anyone any ammo to use against his decision making. have a good thanksgiving, man! 

I agree. Considering how even tempered @JPops has always remained it kinda makes me curious what he'd be like if he lost his cool for a minute. I bet he'd make Jason proud (the real Jason, not the current in-game Jason). Dismembered bodies everywhere that never saw it coming.

On topic. Yes, the update is badly needed!! 

• Like 1

So if this company sold 1.8 million units at $ 39.99 that would be $ 71,982, 000..You think they would get some people that can fix this game !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats that?  $71 mil  aint enough? 

iwlucXRueNbAyp5elRcw_munsters-eyeroll.gi

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

So if this company sold 1.8 million units at $ 39.99 that would be $ 71,982, 000..You think they would get some people that can fix this game !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And not everyone spent $39.99,but this is definitely a tricky can of worms to open considering we don't know the profits of the game after everyone takes a share of the pie and how much they all get.

14 hours ago, DorianRo said:

i agree a lot of money has been generated from this game but you're waaaaaay over-simplifying it. just because the game has grossed that much (it hasn't) doesn't mean that's all profit.  you should maybe go watch an episode of that show shark tank. there are tons of companies that make MILLIONS but still end up showing legitimate losses, or barely break even at the end of the year.

first, not every person paid $40 for their copy. second, digital platforms receive a significant chunk of the final sale price - i'm sure each title is different, but i've read between 35-40%. same goes for retail. if gamestop is selling it for $40, they likely paid 30-50% less than that. third, subtract: taxes, advertising, staffing, and the costs involved with running a physical location (heat, internet, blah blah blah) and at the end of the day, i guarantee these guys aren't sitting on nearly the fat stack of cash you think they are. 

i want this game fixed as much as anyone else and i'm not defending how long this has taken or their lack of response to the issues people have had, but you're statement isn't fair in the slightest.

4 minutes ago, matisangry said:

i agree a lot of money has been generated from this game but you're waaaaaay over-simplifying it. just because the game has grossed that much (it hasn't) that doesn't mean that money is all profit. i mean... just watch an episode of that show shark tank. there are tons of companies that make MILLIONS a year but still end up showing legitimate losses, or barely break even at the end of the year.

first, not every person paid $40 for their copy. second, digital platforms receive a significant chunk of the final sale price - i'm sure each title is different, but i've read between 35-40%. same goes for retail. if gamestop is selling it for $40, they likely paid 30-50% less than that. third, subtract: taxes, advertising, staffing, and the costs involved with running a physical location (heat, internet, blah blah blah) and at the end of the day, i guarantee these guys aren't sitting on nearly the fat stack of cash you think they are. 

i want this game fixed as much as anyone else and i'm not defending how long this has taken or their lack of response to the issues people have had, but you're statement isn't fair in the slightest.

Its not totally fair I guess as the entire amount did not go to directly to the game developers but still.. there is no excuse why in the year 2017, I have been unable to find a quickplay game session in 8 days.. 8 FREAKING DAYS. We bought a game that doesn't work. .    And the only thing being down about this is.. Silence.  Or the occasional nonsense, "new perk awards" when their game isn't even functional at the moment.  Perks are pointless if you can't play the game. 

Come on.. These people took our money, they should be working on making us, the hard worker consumer HAPPY so we will then buy their products for years to come.  If this game stays a complete piece of trash like it currently is, they may as well forget about any future games, because no one is going to buy them, 

4 minutes ago, matisangry said:

i agree a lot of money has been generated from this game but you're waaaaaay over-simplifying it. just because the game has grossed that much (it hasn't) doesn't mean that's all profit.  you should maybe go watch an episode of that show shark tank. there are tons of companies that make MILLIONS but still end up showing legitimate losses, or barely break even at the end of the year.

Pretty much this.

I'd bet that they are probably sitting on a little less than 10% of that $71 million after overhead costs, payroll, and taxes. Most of it will be spoken for in terms of future plans/reinvestment.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Pretty much this.

I'd bet that they are probably sitting on a little less than 10% of that $71 million after overhead costs, payroll, and taxes. Most of it will be spoken for in terms of future plans/reinvestment.

Ok.. Well 7 million then.  Fix your game please!!!  7 million is enough to bring in someone that knows what the hell they are doing to fix the servers.  Obviously they haven't the slightest clue since every patch they have installed has only made the game WORSE

Once again.. 2017 and can't find an online session for over a week?  Inexcusable.  "Nuff Said.  And that type of nonsense should not be excused or defended in any way, shape or form. 

If they can't correct the their problems, its time to get a company that CAN

Just now, DorianRo said:

Ok.. Well 7 million then.  Fix your game please!!!  7 million is enough to bring in someone that knows what the hell they are doing to fix the servers.  Obviously they haven't the slightest clue since every patch they have installed has only made the game WORSE

Illfonic outsourced to a company to do the dedicated servers. It's already in the works.

4 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

I have been unable to find a quickplay game session in 8 days.. 8 FREAKING DAYS.

What system are you playing on? It typically only takes about a minute or two to find a QP match on Xbox. I would actually suggest you go to LFG posts and get in a private match. They are much better in terms of player quality; in my experience.