Alien_Number_Six

We need the new update. We need it quick.

On 11/18/2017 at 11:49 AM, bewareofbears said:

24 days without a fix for what was broken in the last patch is fairly unacceptable.

We haven't even gotten a response from devs about this. They're either giving us the silent treatment (For the billionth time) or they just don't care enough. 

The General Discussion link used to come up if you typed "f13 forum" into google. It doesn't anymore. Other links appear but that one doesn't.

Not sure what that means, though.

7 hours ago, j03audette said:

It's too late, this game is lost and dead!! 

No it isn't. There's a ton of people still playing it, myself included.

Or rather, it's probably more accurate to say a ton of people (and myself) are TRYING to play it. I had 4 matches in a row that either timed out, or lost the connection before we were more that a few minutes in. After those 4 I had a couple that went normally (error free), then one as Jason where the host left before I even grabbed the throwing knives in the shack, then another time out, another normal one, and then finally an error about retrieving details + a blue screen immediately afterwards. Out of almost 10 matches, three of them worked correctly.

Are you fucking kidding me? Do you have any idea how insulting it is to go from "I hope I'm Jason this round", to "I hope I get to play this round"?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Are you fucking kidding me? Do you have any idea how insulting it is to go from "I hope I'm Jason this round", to "I hope I get to play this round"?

Yeah F13 on consoles is like playing a football match, scoring a goal. Then the Keeper of the other team is like:

and leaves the field. Then the Referee says: "Ok the Keeper is gone, let's end this match here"

On 11/20/2017 at 9:34 PM, Tommy86 said:

11 pages of posts in this thread, and the same kind of posts in countless other threads on here. No response. Do you guys really think they're reading this? I understand the need to provide feedback, but I'm not sure these threads are serving much purpose other than venting.

Do not underestimate the value of venting :)

If the next update do not improve the game in a major way I feel like the shit storm really will take off.

People are really fed up now.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Fooobar said:

If the next update do not improve the game in a major way I feel like the shit storm really will take off.

This is crucial.

Developers. Are you listening?

Your last patch fucking ruined the game. It stopped people giving you a pass on all the shitty bugs you've been unable to fix, seeing as you're now purposely changing things for the worse rather than just by incompetence.

There's now a large amount of people who are waiting on the next patch as a last chance for you. If you fuck this up (as I have every expectation you will) we will be gone for good, and your game will die, and it will be entirely your own fault.

You have almost completely lost the confidence and goodwill of the community, and you have nobody to blame but yourselves.

It's been 6 months. There comes a point when enough is enough.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, ZooMalfunction said:

I've reached that point already and I've only been playing since August.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ZooMalfunction said:

This is crucial.

Your last patch fucking ruined the game. It stopped people giving you a pass on all the shitty bugs you've been unable to fix, seeing as you're now purposely changing things for the worse rather than just by incompetence.

There's now a large amount of people who are waiting on the next patch as a last chance for you. If you fuck this up (as I have every expectation you will) we will be gone for good, and your game will die, and it will be entirely your own fault.

You have almost completely lost the confidence and goodwill of the community, and you have nobody to blame but yourselves.

Agreed 100%. DEVS, WE ARE YOUR PAYING CUSTOMERS. STOP SAYING NOTHING AND PLEASE ADDRESS THIS.

• Like 3

Ok a little backstory here, I rarely played my PS4. I mainly play PC games etc. My nephew lives about 75 miles from me and he needed a PS plus membership so I figured I would buy the 12 month membership, F13, and he could gameshare it off me. This way we could spend a little more time together. Several months ago I started a F13 community on the PS4 for mature players it was successful and had over 80 members. Myself I stopped playing as much when they broke the windows. I tried it again when they supposedly fixed the windows and it was still broke. As far as I know, months later it is still broke today. I tried to play again since the most recent patch and it’s just terrible. I am fine with some of the changes (additions) but the grab nerf is just ridiculous. I think the grab should of been changed some, but the current form is just broke. They should of just changed the grab range and left the cone alone. It’s not just me either, I have noticed less people being on and I have noticed there was next to zero chatter in our community, before it was constant. People saying hello, looking for games, and other things. I asked my nephew about it and he says he tries to find people to make his own private match, and he can’t even do that anymore because the people we used to play with don’t play the game or are never on. *I think they will have one final chance to fix this, or they will lose much of their original player base.* 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Well Thanksgiving is coming so maybe we will hear something soon.

I'm sticking to my original "guess" on this... ( I may regret posting it but it's just a guess and hopefully, no panties will be twisted IF it doesn't happen. ) I still say Wednesday. Yes, tomorrow. 

-pb

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

This is crucial.

Let me also point out that the loss of confidence will extend to every single game they ever publish in the future. There's a lot more at stake here reputation-wise than just the people on this board. 

• Like 1

I have supported the game for a long time and I love it very much.

But now even I am staring to worry, solid changes are needed to maintain the freshness to the game.

But even worse, I really do not see the devs here anymore. It's like that the jumped out of the ship and it is going towards an destination that I do not want it to go.

Are they even reading these posts, and more important; Are they taking our words seriously? If not, Jason's future in game industry is in peril.

5 minutes ago, Honkytonkgamer said:

But now even I am staring to worry, solid changes are needed to maintain the freshness to the game.

But even worse, I really do not see the devs here anymore. It's like that the jumped out of the ship and it is going towards an destination that I do not want it to go.

Are they even reading these posts, and more important; Are they taking our words seriously? If not, Jason's future in game industry is in peril.

I don't know, they seem to have no problem popping in occasionally to deal with non-issues; "Hey guys, we're raising the level cap!", but go full ostrich when it might be a critical discussion. 

People have been hot about Jason being broken for a month, and they've been hot about parts of the game being broken since before it came out. 

Sadly, my experience with fucking things up tells me that when I had answers for issues like this, I'd share them to ameliorate the client. When I didn't share, it was because I had no answer, or a bad one. Hmm.

• Like 1

At least F13 NES WORKED!!!

4 straight days, I haven't even been able to join a session with anyone but myself.     Thats how people are today.  Rip people off and run for the hills. 

Karma is a you know what though

@DorianRo The reason you can only join empty sessions is because many people have stopped playing the game entirely. I feared that the new patch would create this scenario, which is why I voted 1/10 in the Feedback poll.

1 hour ago, Honkytonkgamer said:

This really sucks, because this game was the most fun I've had in YEARS before the Oct 26 patch.

To @GunMedia, @GunMedia_Ben, & @Illfonic_Casey; if you read this, go back to the Oct. 11 patch and work from there. The game was a blast to play during this time.

The Tommy buff is fine, as well as the emotes, DLC, and new character, Fox. That should stay, so add that to the Oct. 11 build.

Scrap the new balance ENTIRELY.

Edit: The reason I suggest this is because it seems the easiest thing to do, rather than more patch surgery on top of the new patch problems.

• Like 1

It's kind of paradoxical for me because on a daily basis I work with a lot of idiots and deal with dumb shit all day where I work. When I come home, I still feel angry from my day and a good way to relieve said stress is to *in best Liam Neeson voice* "kill some fucking counselors"

Now imagine, to my dismay, how much angrier I become when I can't even blow off steam and enjoy a game that I had looked so very forward to for months and it has now arrived at a stage where I wonder if I'm even gonna make it through a match without host quitting or connection timeout.

Seriously, *in Liam Neeson voice again* get your fucking shit together and fix this bloody game!"

Ah, the hyperbolic whining of spoiled gamers. Never gets old. I'm sure the developers love reading it too.

The temper tantrums, the sense of entitlement, words like "broken" and "ruined" and "dead" thrown around so casually that they lose all meaning...

And then you have the audacity to blame Illfonic/Gun Media for the toxicity and low morale of their community? You did this. You worked yourselves into a fit with your impossibly high expectations. You made the community toxic with your incessant bitchfests and negativity and ridiculous overreactions to everything, and this is what it has become now. And to be fair, it's not even the community as a whole, it's just the same small group of extremely loud individuals who are always whining about everything, like they're going to somehow be rewarded for it.

No one can win with you guys. Nothing is ever good enough. If they'd waited another six months to release the digital copy to fix the problems they had at launch, you guys would be bitching about how long it's taking to release the game. If they devoted all of their time to fixing bugs, you'd be demanding the single player modes and DLC you were promised. Then when they release DLC, you have the stones to yell, "DURR, WHEN ARE YOU GONNA FIX YOUR BROKEN GAME?"

Honestly, I wouldn't blame them for not wanting to communicate with you.

If you can make a better game, go do it. I can't wait to play it, I'm sure it'll be great. But please know that whining is not like a video game. You cannot magically unlock achievements for racking up enough cry points.

1 hour ago, SDA said:

"Hey guys, we're raising the level cap!"

That reminds me: Apparently my level 101 is stuck in limbo somewhere because after they supposedly raised it the progress bar dropped back to zero but when it hit maximum again it just dropped back to zero instead of going to 102.

17 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

That reminds me: Apparently my level 101 is stuck in limbo somewhere because after they supposedly raised it the progress bar dropped back to zero but when it hit maximum again it just dropped back to zero instead of going to 102.

No, they haven't actually raised it yet, they just let your bar fill and reset, so you can gather more CP. 

But, you know... soon.

6 minutes ago, Brevator said:

Ah, the hyperbolic whining of spoiled gamers. Never gets old. I'm sure the developers love reading it too.

The temper tantrums, the sense of entitlement, words like "broken" and "ruined" and "dead" thrown around so casually that they lose all meaning...

And then you have the audacity to blame Illfonic/Gun Media for the toxicity and low morale of their community? You did this. You worked yourselves into a fit with your impossibly high expectations. You made the community toxic with your incessant bitchfests and negativity and ridiculous overreactions to everything, and this is what it has become now. And to be fair, it's not even the community as a whole, it's just the same small group of extremely loud individuals who are always whining about everything, like they're going to somehow be rewarded for it.

No one can win with you guys. Nothing is ever good enough. If they'd waited another six months to release the digital copy to fix the problems they had at launch, you guys would be bitching about how long it's taking to release the game. If they devoted all of their time to fixing bugs, you'd be demanding the single player modes and DLC you were promised. Then when they release DLC, you have the stones to yell, "DURR, WHEN ARE YOU GONNA FIX YOUR BROKEN GAME?"

Honestly, I wouldn't blame them for not wanting to communicate with you.

If you can make a better game, go do it. I can't wait to play it, I'm sure it'll be great. But please know that whining is not like a video game. You cannot magically unlock achievements for racking up enough cry points.

What a crock of shit.  By Thanksgiving the players are tired of waiting for the single player mode that was planned for summer and factored into a purchasing decision = go make your own game players.  Losing patience six months into perpetually having games end mid round after spending anywhere from a few to 25 minutes in a waiting pattern = spoiled hyperbolic whining.  Players get frustrated that Jason's grab has become worse instead of better due to a patch and have heard nothing about a fix = impossibly high expectations. 

If you play on PC, which I believe has dedicated servers, I can understand your view because the biggest issue is the constant host drops, and the game has plenty going for it to tolerate the single player delay and grab issues.  But shitting on console gamers who are tired of constant host drops is beyond the pale of reason.  Its been six months with no host migration or dedicated servers.  Expectations of a fix within six months are not unreasonable.        

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Fooobar said:

I think you're correct my friend. If the game continues to go down the road it is going with the latest patches - I think we will begin to see a drop-off. It seems to be moving away from the excellent survival horror game it was and into more kid friendly-PG-13 territory. It will be extremely disappointing if this continues to happen, although I have faith that the single player component will be a lot of fun on release...so that'll be worth kicking around for.   

2 hours ago, Brevator said:

You worked yourselves into a fit with your impossibly high expectations.

No, most of the people complaining seemed to have enjoyed earlier versions of the game, including (especially) the early October update. Shit, I was so happy with that one that I actually directly messaged the devs thanking them for such a great patch. But the next update upended practically everything the previous update fixed and/or improved, and complaints by the community have been ignored ever since. I think if changes are introduced that create more bugs and gameplay imbalances, paying customers have a right to air their grievances, and if a public forum is provided by the developer, they sort of have an obligation to respond. Otherwise, why bother hosting the forum? Close it and let everyone suffer on Reddit or Gamefaqs or some shit. 

Do I agree that some people are going overboard with their hate? Sure, yes. But on the other hand, they might not be if they felt they were being heard.

• Like 6